The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lodge has no intentions on reducing their offerings. In fact, the cast members encourage you to take more. Even with the pulled pork, why would they offer king sized buns to go with it if they didn't want you to make a sandwich. Those things are about 4 inches around!

Besides, if there is any left over it goes in the garbage. So we might as well eat and enjoy.

I'm not telling anyone not to eat the things that are there. I just know that many of the other resorts have or are reducing their CL food offerings and wanted to remind people that it is possible it could happen at WL also. I would just hate for someone to plan on a large spread of food and be disappointed to find only appetizer like items.

I know that many of us like to plan ahead and I wanted to be sure people had all of the info they might need to make an informed decision.

I'm not telling anyone not to eat the things that are there. I just know that many of the other resorts have or are reducing their CL food offerings and wanted to remind people that it is possible it could happen at WL also. I would just hate for someone to plan on a large spread of food and be disappointed to find only appetizer like items.

I know that many of us like to plan ahead and I wanted to be sure people had all of the info they might need to make an informed decision.

Totally understand about the planning. And, we all know that Disney can change their plan at anytime. We have seen it!! :) It would be lousy if a family had planned on eating in the lounge and then come to find out there just isn't enough food. Reservations at the restaurants are extremely hard to come by.

I would like to know if anyone has purchased beer & wine from the WL Mercantile store? Do you happen to recall the prices for a six pack of beer?
SAGE

Members of my family have purchased beer from the Mercantile, while it was more expensive then a package store the price when compared to the lounge or bar prices are very reasonable. The delivery charge of $17.00 would pay for several six-packs.

Beckie

Is there a general use public computer at the WL to print out boarding passes and MORE IMPT than going home, accessing the wdw live entertainment site that won't be updated before I leave on a Saturday? I think it is updated on Sundays?l
Jill

I know that there are NO public computers available @ Wilderness Lodge. Other guests have reported that concierge service can assist you with the boarding pass this is located in the main Lobby just to the left of check-in.

Information on all entertainment is available at check-in, you may also pick-up the new information anytime during your stay just go by the concierge desk. Each park has daily times and schedule information available they are located at the front of the parks with the park maps, they also have them located at many other locations though out the parks.

Beckie

Thank you beckie--- I didn't realize I could get entertainment schedules for the parks before getting to the parks--- at the hotel.
Thanks again-Jill

SAGE

Members of my family have purchased beer from the Mercantile, while it was more expensive then a package store the price when compared to the lounge or bar prices are very reasonable. The delivery charge of $17.00 would pay for several six-packs.

Beckie

I think I'll be stopping in at the Mercantile. ;)
Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is still a fee for internet access at WL? :confused3
We paid for it during our 2006 stay. My DH travels quite a bit and says many hotels/motels these days are offering it free of charge. :surfweb:
It's a fun way to share photos with friends/family back home.:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Thanks, Geri P.:hippie:

Is there a general use public computer at the WL to print out boarding passes and MORE IMPT than going home, accessing the wdw live entertainment site that won't be updated before I leave on a Saturday? I think it is updated on Sundays?
Thanks Jill

I just wanted to add our experience with boarding passes from May.... we used Magical Express and the morning before we left, we received an envelope with our boarding passes already printed out for us..didn't even have to ask so if you are using Magical Express, I would assume that they will handle it for you automatically. Otherwise, I believe the conscierge desk can help you as was mentioned above.

We paid for it during our 2006 stay. My DH travels quite a bit and says many hotels/motels these days are offering it free of charge. :surfweb:
It's a fun way to share photos with friends/family back home.:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Yes, they still charge $9.95 for a 24 hour period. The only way to get free internet access is in the Villas if you are a DVC Member.

There's still a fee of I think $10 per 24 hours. The only hotel to offer free internet and a computer to all guests is the CR. Now if you're a DVC owner they are going to have free internet eventually at all dvc resorts.

Hi,
Can you please tell me where I could find updated photos of the deluxe room? I tried a search and the links to the photos were deleted.
Thanks!!
Chris:)

I was wondering which you feel is quickest? Taking the boat to MK and then the monorail to Epcot or just grabbing the buses? From WL of course!

Thanks!:disrocks:

I was wondering which you feel is quickest? Taking the boat to MK and then the monorail to Epcot or just grabbing the buses? From WL of course!

Thanks!:disrocks:

I think the bus is faster..taking the boat to MK or CR is nicer and more enjoyable if you're not in a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter