The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder about CL offerings. The items placed out in the evening are considered appetizers. It is not the intention that they would be enough to be deemed dinner. When IPO sent me the offering list in my packet, they explained that the offerings could be reduced at any time. This has already happened at BWI and Poly due to the large volume of guests making meals out of the evening offerings.

That being said, morning offerings are billed as a "continental breakfast" but there is more than enough there for all but the heartiest eaters. Evening offerings can vary and many resorts are cutting back.

:thumbsup2 I just reduced my order at garden grocer by almost $60. I am now super excited about staying club level. We needed the deluxe room and club level was the only one. Now it really seems worth it. I have a 1 year old who could just eat goldfish the whole day through. Now I am set for the parks as well. I am so happy I found this website! :cool1: I do have one question did you use the planners to help you do any pre planning? If you did what did they help you with. I want to ask for a few things but don't want to be a pain in the butt either. :confused3

We are in a deluxe room too and I didn't realize that it was at club level until just about a week ago when they called to ask if I had any ADR's I wanted to make.

These last couple of posts answered a lot of my questions about the snacks, and so forth. Thanks! :lovestruc

That cobbler alone is a big benefit. We got some one night to go from Artists Point and sat on the porch with it. If i remember correctly, it was almost $18.00 with tax and tip. :goodvibes

Just a reminder about CL offerings. The items placed out in the evening are considered appetizers. It is not the intention that they would be enough to be deemed dinner. When IPO sent me the offering list in my packet, they explained that the offerings could be reduced at any time. This has already happened at BWI and Poly due to the large volume of guests making meals out of the evening offerings.

That being said, morning offerings are billed as a "continental breakfast" but there is more than enough there for all but the heartiest eaters. Evening offerings can vary and many resorts are cutting back.

Considering you pay a good $100 or more per night to stay there, they are still making money. Plus who eats pork tenderloin and mac and cheese as an appetizer!? If WL wanted it treated that way, I seriously think they would reduce it to just those type items.

I did however see people eat plate after plate, then say they were off to dinner! :confused3 For us, just a small plate was enough, especially once you added in the cobbler later on.

The extra cost for club level is for the additional service you receive, i.e. the staff making your ADRs, booking tours, arranging things for you while you are there. Disney considers the food offerings secondary.

DH and I stayed at the BWI in a Garden Suite and were paying well over $300 additional a night and there were only appetizers in the lounge. Evening offerings are considered a wine and cheese setting rather than an opportunity for dinner.

It is certainly fine and probably smart to plan on it being only appetizer foods...we did, but the reviews suggested otherwise, so we had hopes. After eating big lunches....Germany, 50s Prime Time, Liberty Tree for instance, we were fine with eating the offerings as a light dinner. WL might very well be the exception there with what they provide. Their items were plain and simply dinner items. Pulled pork with large buns (not just a hamburger bun, but the bigger wheat like kaiser buns), and the other things I mentioned aren't put out there for people to just go have a bite or two before heading off to dinner. Most of the people we saw did in fact treat it as a meal, it was kind of hard not to. With this thread being about WL, I think it is OK for people to plan on what is actually being offered. At some point they may change it, if they decide to. The reviews go way back though as to it always being that way. Drinks and snacks will always be there though, which are the main two items that people tend to go to the grocery store for. Knowing you have a good supply available is a good thing!

I do have one question did you use the planners to help you do any pre planning? If you did what did they help you with. I want to ask for a few things but don't want to be a pain in the butt either. :confused3

I too was wondering if you had requested anything special with IPO or if you even used them...I am working with them now to plan my January trip and was just curious on exactly what kinds of things I can request :confused3. Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

We stayed CL at the WL. CR and AKL this trip. While we do eat lightly at night: veggies and one or 2 of the appetizers offered, there were many people who made meals and very big ones at that of the food.At the AKL if you weren't there when the food first came out you were out of luck because the people that were there piled their plates high and left nothing for the rest of us.Even the deserts, instead of taking one of each offered, they took 3 or 4 and emptied the platters w/i minutes. While it is true that the foods offered at the WL were more meal like than appetizer like , how can you take a sampling of a chicken breast when it is covered in sauce and there are no knives to cut it with, the other resorts were sampling sized. The food also seemed to last longer at the WL . Maybe there are less people there staying CL than at the AKL? So if you're not a big eater and a piece of chicken and some veggies fill you up, then dinner can be had at the CL at WL. If you're a meat and potato, fill your plate high type, then make dinner plans also and treat the offerings as your appetizer before your meal, and desert after your meal. You will still save money!

The extra cost for club level is for the additional service you receive, i.e. the staff making your ADRs, booking tours, arranging things for you while you are there. Disney considers the food offerings secondary.

DH and I stayed at the BWI in a Garden Suite and were paying well over $300 additional a night and there were only appetizers in the lounge. Evening offerings are considered a wine and cheese setting rather than an opportunity for dinner.

I sent IPO a list of every ressie I wanted - all ADRs, tours, massage appointment, special Concierge trip at AKL. After they made the initial ressies, I sent any changes I needed and they took care of those as well. We had trouble getting DH booked for the Epcot Segway tour and they kept at it until they got it booked.

Once on-site, they switched around ADRs, booked a pedicure, had my pillows and bedding changed out (I needed hypo-allergenic) and got me some special cereal for breakfast in the lounge. They also used to pick up our packages at the hotel gift shop and deliver them to our room so we didn't have to do it ourselves. It was raining when we arrived and we remarked that we didn't have ponchos and asked where to buy them. They had Bell Services pick them up from the gift shop and deliver them to our room with our luggage and just had them charged to our room.

All in all, INCREDIBLE service. I brought ours a selection of tea bags from our local coffee/tea company and they really seemed to love them. I think they just appreciate being acknowledged.

This is a great thread!!

First visit is coming up :banana: and I would like to know if anyone has purchased beer & wine from the WL Mercantile store? Do you happen to recall the prices for a six pack of beer?

The Lodge has no intentions on reducing their offerings. In fact, the cast members encourage you to take more. Even with the pulled pork, why would they offer king sized buns to go with it if they didn't want you to make a sandwich. Those things are about 4 inches around!

Besides, if there is any left over it goes in the garbage. So we might as well eat and enjoy.

This is a great thread!!

First visit is coming up :banana: and I would like to know if anyone has purchased beer & wine from the WL Mercantile store? Do you happen to recall the prices for a six pack of beer?

Not sure about the beer, but the wine ranged from about $15.00 for a White Zin up to about $25.00 for the Ironhorse Fairy Tale Cuvee.

Remember, if you purchase a bottle of wine at a restaurant for your dinner, you can have them package what is left (if any ;) ) and you can take it with you back to your room. It works out nice if my DH and I want different wines with dinner, the bottle is not wasted.

Haven't been around for almost a week and missed reading this great thread!!

If a thread about WL is so much fun, the Resort must be incredible!

::yes::

Is there a general use public computer at the WL to print out boarding passes and MORE IMPT than going home, accessing the wdw live entertainment site that won't be updated before I leave on a Saturday? I think it is updated on Sundays?
Thanks Jill

This is a great thread!!

Everything is more expensive through WDW. If you use garden grocer or another supermarket delivery service you can get additional food items as well as alcohol (though some won't deliver alcohol). It came in handy with snacks for our picky eater.

Dizneykid and Troop o'Goofs - Thanks for your replies!

Looked at a delivery service, $17. for shop + delivery. I don't need groceries, perhaps it would be worth it if the resort prices are high. :confused3

We stayed CL at the WL. CR and AKL this trip. While we do eat lightly at night: veggies and one or 2 of the appetizers offered, there were many people who made meals and very big ones at that of the food.At the AKL if you weren't there when the food first came out you were out of luck because the people that were there piled their plates high and left nothing for the rest of us.Even the deserts, instead of taking one of each offered, they took 3 or 4 and emptied the platters w/i minutes. While it is true that the foods offered at the WL were more meal like than appetizer like , how can you take a sampling of a chicken breast when it is covered in sauce and there are no knives to cut it with, the other resorts were sampling sized. The food also seemed to last longer at the WL . Maybe there are less people there staying CL than at the AKL? So if you're not a big eater and a piece of chicken and some veggies fill you up, then dinner can be had at the CL at WL. If you're a meat and potato, fill your plate high type, then make dinner plans also and treat the offerings as your appetizer before your meal, and desert after your meal. You will still save money!

Very much appreciate all the info from recent stays at WL club level. We either have a late lunch or dinner ressie for 5 of our 7 nights. The other two days we'll probably munch at F&W, and snack at the lodge in the evening. I'm comfortable with our plan, will post our experience after our trip. :flower3:

Dizneykid and Troop o'Goofs - Thanks for your replies!

Looked at a delivery service, $17. for shop + delivery. I don't need groceries, perhaps it would be worth it if the resort prices are high. :confused3

Too true, we ordered food for my Mother and Father In-Law since they didn't stay at Club Level. We just added items for us to their order :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter