The walking dead amc #2

I'm surprised the finale is only an hour, unless it will be starting at 8 and not 9. Andrew Lincoln (Rick) will also be on TTD.

I'm thinking too we will have a big death, maybe Negan, maybe even someone like Tara or Aaron.

Does anyone think Eugene is gong to sabotage the bullets? Did what Rosita and Daryl say to him wake him up, does he realize they have a right to be mad at him and he is going to make it right or has Eugene finally picked his side, Negan's. If he is full on Negan, I think Eugene will die next episode.

I didn't watch TD -- Gimple is really going to be on next week?? Skip.

I agree with all of this. Only thing I'd say about Gregory is that he had to assume that having been revealed as a traitor who was going to join Simon to kill Negan, Gregory must assume that Negan will kill him next. He must figure his only chance is to go back to hilltop and ask Rick et al for mercy. I don't think it's a brave act -- it's his only chance.
Gimple most likely wrote the finale so he likes to bask in the glory on TD. Hopefully he had a few co writers so the episode isn't too Gimpled up.
I agree about Gregory. That makes sense why he would escape back to Hilltop.

I think Gregory is out for Gregory and will side with whoever is on top. I think he got scared when Negan revealed he knew Simon was going to try to take over so he took Dwights offer to go to Hilltop.

It was Simon who killed all the men of the Seaside people.

Makes sense Gimple is on TD next week, since Fear is starting up next week.

Wonder if there will be a big death in the finale next week.

I hope Tara. I hope they don't do anything with Maggie.

I'm surprised the finale is only an hour, unless it will be starting at 8 and not 9. Andrew Lincoln (Rick) will also be on TTD.

I'm thinking too we will have a big death, maybe Negan, maybe even someone like Tara or Aaron.

Does anyone think Eugene is gong to sabotage the bullets? Did what Rosita and Daryl say to him wake him up, does he realize they have a right to be mad at him and he is going to make it right or has Eugene finally picked his side, Negan's. If he is full on Negan, I think Eugene will die next episode.

Well, Eugene repeated Rosita's line of "do something useful with your pathetic life" (or whatever the exact wording was) so I HOPE Eugene does something with the bullets or at least allows the messed up bullets Gabriel made to be used.

The opening minutes of the finale are up on AMC website. http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walkin...ad-the-opening-minutes-of-season-8-episode-16

Hard to predict given how bad the writing is. They have been positively schizophrenic with how they've sketched out some characters in the last season or two, so who knows?!

IF they are true to Eugene's character, Eugene is still "full Negan". Eugene is the quintessential coward. He will go with who he thinks will win. He also loves how Negan values him -- he's burnt that bridge with the others. Negan allows Eugene to be the classic Napolean: overcompensating for his weaknesses by being a little tyrant/dictator with whatever little group Negan lets him lead.

He is drinking away that little bit of conscience he has left. If anything, I would think the treatment he got from Rosita and Daryl shows him he's better off with Negan.

I listened to an interview with Jeffery Dean Morgan this morning on Howard Stern and he said he is very disappointed they killed off Carl. He said the thing he really enjoyed about Negan's character from the comics was the relationship he builds with Carl and how it shows the more human side of Negan. That was a big reason why he took the job.

I listened to an interview with Jeffery Dean Morgan this morning on Howard Stern and he said he is very disappointed they killed off Carl. He said the thing he really enjoyed about Negan's character from the comics was the relationship he builds with Carl and how it shows the more human side of Negan. That was a big reason why he took the job.
Might be a reason to listen to Howard -- finally! He's gotten on my last nerve in recent years. :)

Did that just air today for the first time, or one of the many reruns?

I caught up on the last 3 weeks last night, well at least in fast forward mode. Jadis and the room that she's in. Is that a shipping container with skylights? A lamp with power? It was a rather nice room.

Simon, his walker self chained to the fence was funny to watch. His chomping at the air was pure Simon IMO.

Dwight, well it was only a matter of time before he got caught. Sad that the map was a lie from Negan. Do we know if Hilltop actually got it and read it?

I caught up on the last 3 weeks last night, well at least in fast forward mode. Jadis and the room that she's in. Is that a shipping container with skylights? A lamp with power? It was a rather nice room.

Simon, his walker self chained to the fence was funny to watch. His chomping at the air was pure Simon IMO.

Dwight, well it was only a matter of time before he got caught. Sad that the map was a lie from Negan. Do we know if Hilltop actually got it and read it?

I'm thinking Jadis is in some sort of container, probably hidden by the garbage, which probably means there are other rooms like hers there.

I thought Simon's zombie was hilarious, you are right pure Simon. I will miss his character. I actually loved his and Gregory's interactions.

I think Hilltop got the map. You see Gregory back in the pen so we know he made it back. I have to assume he gave it to them. The only hope is since Gregory brought it back maybe they are not totally going to believe it. They might think Gregory put his own stuff on the map and not totally go with it, throwing Negan off.

I'm thinking Jadis is in some sort of container, probably hidden by the garbage, which probably means there are other rooms like hers there.

I thought Simon's zombie was hilarious, you are right pure Simon. I will miss his character. I actually loved his and Gregory's interactions.

I think Hilltop got the map. You see Gregory back in the pen so we know he made it back. I have to assume he gave it to them. The only hope is since Gregory brought it back maybe they are not totally going to believe it. They might think Gregory put his own stuff on the map and not totally go with it, throwing Negan off.
There was a scene after Gregory returned to Hilltop where Maggie handed Rick the map and asked what they should do. (Unless my brain has grown so frustrated with this show that it's now hallucinating scenes that didn't happen.)

If the war ends next episode, I will be happy. I said this before, but if it is a cliffhanger to wait and see what happens to the Saviors, maybe time to hang it up for me.

If the war ends next episode, I will be happy. I said this before, but if it is a cliffhanger to wait and see what happens to the Saviors, maybe time to hang it up for me.

Agreed. I was three weeks behind in episodes and only skimmed them through fast forward. No love lost in viewing. I'm really hoping that the season finale is worth it and not a cliff hanger. We've had too many of those in recent seasons. A clean season ending would bring me back in the fall without hatred to the writers.

Man, I can't stand Gimple! I'm only adding snippets from the article. The whole thing can be found here:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-walking-dead-apos-star-161500353.html
'The Walking Dead' Star Was Told During Show Event That His Character Would Die

Gina Carbone
MoviefoneApril 9, 2018
"
Here's that section of the Q&A:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Start of off by telling us the how, when, and where of you finding out about Simon's untimely demise?

STEVEN OGG: [Showrunner Scott] Gimple talked to me. It could have been at the premiere. It was at some event where I sort of found out, "Oh yeah, you're going to be dying." I was like, "Oh, that would have been cool to find out tomorrow." That's the way of the world. That's the life of the show. It was just like, you know, you're sad. You're bummed because it's your friends and your family and it's work, and it's a job. More importantly, it's your friends and your family. You love it and, "Okay, yeah. Well, as long as I go down in flames. Can I get a big cannonball?"

Scott Gimple may need to work on his bedside manner. ..........

.....But Gimple has taken a lot of heat in the past year, especially for the decision to kill off Carl Grimes, and the manner in which that happened.
Chandler Riggs said he was blindsided by his character's exit, after he bought a house in the Atlanta area and thought he was staying on the show. Riggs' father also posted frustration with Gimple and the network, then deleted his post.

It sounds like Steven Ogg didn't have the best departure experience either. He had only been on the show since the end of Season 6, but still. To be told at a premiere, or panel event? TWD loses characters all the time, so maybe it's tough to make that phone call or sit down with someone to spell it out......"

And it seems Gimple is asking fans to watch the show live....for their own benefit. (!?) Right, like ratings have nothing to do with it.
In true Gimple-speak: (snippets)

"
‘Walking Dead’ Boss Wants Fans to Watch His Show ‘Live’ – and It’s Not for the Ratings

Fans “can’t all pile in to the same house, but I’d love for them all to watch it at the same time,” Scott Gimple tells TheWrap

Ashley Boucher | Last Updated: April 9, 2018 @ 5:21 PM
https://www.thewrap.com/walking-dea...ch-his-show-live-and-its-not-for-the-ratings/

Walking Dead” fans: if you’ve got a watch party planned for Sunday night’s Season 8 finale, you’re helping to make Scott Gimple’s day.

The “Walking Dead” boss told TheWrap in an interview ahead of the finale that he hopes fans make watching the show a chance to “share an experience.”

Gimple recognized that the TV landscape looks a lot different than it did when the show started in 2010, and noted that although “Walking Dead” ratings are down, “ratings across television have gone down. And that people are watching TV in a lot of different ways.”

In other words, it’s easy to skip watching your favorite show on cable or network TV to stream it later. But by not tuning in to the live broadcast, viewers can miss out on the shared experience of those OMG moments “TWD” is known for.

“For a show that started in 2010, the entire world has changed over those 8 years,” Gimple added. “If ‘The Walking Dead’ was a person and just sort of, like, zapped into 2018, they wouldn’t recognize the world anymore. So it’s absolutely fair play to bring up that the ratings have gone down on ‘Walking Dead,’ but it is a little silly not to bring up the entirety of television.”

Despite ratings being down from the show’s height in Season 5 — the premiere drew 17.3 million — “The Walking Dead” still pulls relatively big numbers every week. The Season 8 premiere drew 11.4 million zombie fans.

“I like hearing about high ratings of any TV show nowadays just because I like the idea of people watching it together, and of people having an experience together,” Gimple said. “And I want to continue to work on ways to tell stories that encourages people to watch it all on the same night. [Fans] can’t all pile in to the same house, but I’d love for them all to watch it at the same time and share an experience.”

Ugh. I just CANNOT take this guy!!!! >:(

I wonder whether there isn't something really wrong with Gimple... seems like some wires just don't quite connect up there. It's in the crappy way he's treated some people, the exceedingly odd way he comes across in interviews, the tone deafness of some of his writing moves and the way he's communicated some moves... maybe he's not all there.

Or maybe he's just something that I cannot even type on DIS. :sad2:

I wonder whether there isn't something really wrong with Gimple... seems like some wires just don't quite connect up there. It's in the crappy way he's treated some people, the exceedingly odd way he comes across in interviews, the tone deafness of some of his writing moves and the way he's communicated some moves... maybe he's not all there.

I think he has a huge ego. When he is on the TD, he just seems like he KNOWS he's a big deal and he loves it. Conceited, "bow down to me. To all who gave me wedgies in high school. Look at me now"

I especially like this part:
"So it’s absolutely fair play to bring up that the ratings have gone down on ‘Walking Dead,’ but it is a little silly not to bring up the entirety of television."

In other words, it's not his fault as show runner that ratings have gone down. It's television in general and we silly peasants (fans) wouldn't understand how to view the ratings drop in the context of television as a whole.
Ummm, I'm pretty sure we, as fans, can see bad writing, major plot holes, ratings stunts, etc. for what they actually are. I sincerely hope the new show runner fixes things and Gimple keeps his hands out.

I think he has a huge ego. When he is on the TD, he just seems like he KNOWS he's a big deal and he loves it. Conceited, "bow down to me. To all who gave me wedgies in high school. Look at me now"
He's definitely a narcissist, but I also think he has some wires crossed somewhere. He just cannot relate to people and he doesn't even try, it seems.

I read somewhere this morning (not sure where), that we might be getting another cliffhanger of sorts and to expect death. Great. I'd really just like a tidy ending for once. Oh, and can we please not close the season finale with major deaths that will rival last seasons? I'd still PO'd about Glenn and Abraham.

I really hope they don't give us a cliffhanger! I am thinking they won't, because Fear is on right after and they are melding the two story lines. They would have to have some type of closure on TWD for Morgan to move to Fear. Also, I read a leak about some cameos of TWD characters in the premiere of Fear, which makes me think there's a time jump coming and that's where Fear picks up.

I am suspicious about Gabriel's continued illness, and what Eugene's part is in the bullet making. Maybe Gabriel dies? He has been on about God's plan working out so he has to have some type of role in the finale.

Eugene kept quiet about Dwight and he helped Gabriel so I don't think he's fully team Negan. He also kept quiet about the wives asking him for drugs to kill Negan. The previews and photos on the finale show a lot of Eugene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter