• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The walking dead amc #2

I think Negan picked up the woman savior who knows Dwight is a traitor. She's the only savior that would be significant to mention in the show who could impact the immediate future.....meaning Dwight is in big trouble.

We have company so I wasn't able to watch too closely tonight.

That was my guess as well as soon as they showed that. I can't think who else he would have picked up that would stir up a ton of ****.

Also I wanted to point out I thought it was great Carol got to save Henry (even though I hate Henry, lol) I don't know if that was the same spot Rick left Sofia, where she ultimately died, but definitely looked the same. So was nice to see Carol could save a child, when she couldn't save her own. Hopefully this will be something that will help her move forward.

On the Talking Dead they said it was the same spot, only I think in their world it was different. They said it was a nod to Sophia. Or something to that effect.

I thought it was a good episode (finally) and I really liked the interaction, and realness, between Negan and Jadis. It was nice to see a softer side to Negan and I wonder how that may play out going forward. Can't decide if Jadis knew the helicopter was coming specifically for her or not. We've caught glimpses of them in the past so maybe she was just always ready to signal for one should they come back around. But then again, it did seem like they were looking for something in the heap. So many questions!!!

I think Negan picked up the woman savior who knows Dwight is a traitor. She's the only savior that would be significant to mention in the show who could impact the immediate future.....meaning Dwight is in big trouble.
I thought this exactly. He's back with "lots of surprises" (or says something like this). I assume surprises for Dwight and Simon (Negan now knows he killed trash people).

I'm not even going to bother commenting on the rest of the episode. So many sighs on our couch while watching.

I read a theory that Negan might have picked Gregory up, he wasn’t with the escaped group. I knew Rick would kill all of the escaped group, he’s now worse than Negan.

I suppose it could be Gregory, but there was something about how Negan greeted the mystery person with his sarcastic banter that makes me think it's someone he actually likes or respects. Gregory does not fit that bill and I would imagine Negan would greet him in a more threatening and demeaning way, like how he talks to Eugene or other subordinates.

Re: Rick the killer..... this whole thing gives me deja vu. They're setting us up for two things; 1. Rick has to have a "I see the light, Carl!" moment to make it more believable when it happens. (Yes I'm still bitter about that story line) Rick has to get worse before he gets better. And 2. They still have to continue to make Negan more likable so people don't freak out when Rick and co. don't kill him at the end of this war. Last night they showed his vulnerability in mentioning his dead wife Lucille. They also have to make the rest of the Saviors seem like real people so they can integrate them into the Alexandrian society.

I get deja vu because it reminds me of how they set things up with Lori before she died. Before that happened, people HATED her! She couldn't keep track of her son, she caused friction between Shane and Rick with her mixed messages to Shane and her declaring to Rick that Shane was dangerous, she drove off in a car to find Rick and wrecked it.....wasting resources, time and showing her complete stupidity, (again, "mother of the year" should've been home watching her kid) she flipped on Rick when he said he killed Shane and she was pregnant with Shane's baby. Before she died they made Rick a complete a** to her and showed her pain and vulnerability at being rejected by her husband, redeeming her and making her death have an impact. Otherwise everyone would've been celebrating her death, which some still did, lol!
IMO, Rick has to be the bad guy again for a bit and then he'll come back around. He did it several times before.

DH & I watched both last night's episode & last week's episode last night.

To illustrate how far "The Walking Dead" has fallen for me -

Michonne (in one of the episodes - can't remember which one) brings Rick a turnip & says, "I brought you a turnip."

And DH & I argued the difference between a radish & turnip, & I ended up researching radishes & turnips - while the show was still on.

They completely left me when they dipped weapons in walker guts. How many times have they fought w/ open cuts? It's just ridiculous!

I miss the people we know & have to come to love having scenes together & interacting w/ each other in believable, sensible, true-to-their character ways. They jump from one thing to another & waste valuable camera time on long silences & lingering still shots which leaves little time for actual, meaningful dialogue & character action/interaction.

And Tara's suddenly flipped & NOW she remembers she was once w/ the Governor, but, 2 weeks ago, it wasn't convenient for her to remember that fact when talking to Dwight. There's no continuity, & the writers just write for however they want the characters to fit the scene at the present moment.

And where the heck are Jesus & Aaron?

Michonne (in one of the episodes - can't remember which one) brings Rick a turnip & says, "I brought you a turnip."

And DH & I argued the difference between a radish & turnip, & I ended up researching radishes & turnips - while the show was still on.

They completely left me when they dipped weapons in walker guts. How many times have they fought w/ open cuts? It's just ridiculous!

I miss the people we know & have to come to love having scenes together & interacting w/ each other in believable, sensible, true-to-their character ways. They jump from one thing to another & waste valuable camera time on long silences & lingering still shots which leaves little time for actual, meaningful dialogue & character action/interaction.

And Tara's suddenly flipped & NOW she remembers she was once w/ the Governor, but, 2 weeks ago, it wasn't convenient for her to remember that fact when talking to Dwight. There's no continuity, & the writers just write for however they want the characters to fit the scene at the present moment.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to ALL of this!!!

And :rotfl: to this part: “And DH & I argued the difference between a radish & turnip, & I ended up researching radishes & turnips - while the show was still on.”

I have not posted in a while on this thread but still reading it to make sure I'm not missing anything (I love reading things here that I missed and then I go back and re-watch the episodes again to find them). And so far you all have already mentioned the things that I'm disliking about this season.

I'm still holding out for improvements next season but this season has been painful to watch. Now I have no problem with stupid shows that I expect to be stupid (thinking Scorpion here that we enjoy watching just to pick it apart ;) ) But this is the first time that I considered TWD in the same classification as Scorpion. Last weeks episode was over the top stupid and I hated the scene last night with Rick telling the Saviors he would bring them back to Hilltop and then killing them all.

As much as I was irritated with the Henry/Saviors scene last week, I did kind of like Carol finding him the way she did. I absolutely thought of Sophia when I saw where he was.

And where the heck are Jesus & Aaron?
Omg, @Wendy31! The line was "I saved you this turnip" not "I brought you a turnip." The first shows forethought and sacrifice and love, the latter just means someone stopped for groceries prior to seeing you. The writers don't tirelessly toil away, putting their hearts and souls out there for the world to see, just so you can mangle their Shakespearean prose like this.

;)

Omg, @Wendy31! The line was "I saved you this turnip" not "I brought you a turnip." The first shows forethought and sacrifice and love, the latter just means someone stopped for groceries prior to seeing you. The writers don't tirelessly toil away, putting their hearts and souls out there for the world to see, just so you can mangle their Shakespearean prose like this.

;)

:rotfl: You guys are the best!

On the Talking Dead they said it was the same spot, only I think in their world it was different. They said it was a nod to Sophia. Or something to that effect.

Wait, what? I missed the last 30 minutes or so of the episode, I was at work, and those darn patients needed to be tended to. I haven't got to finish it yet. Are you saying that Carol found Henry and saved him, in the same spot they lost Sophia?????

HOW? Sophia was in Georgia, Rick and crew are now in Virginia. I guess I'll have to watch to see what this is about.

Wait, what? I missed the last 30 minutes or so of the episode, I was at work, and those darn patients needed to be tended to. I haven't got to finish it yet. Are you saying that Carol found Henry and saved him, in the same spot they lost Sophia?????

HOW? Sophia was in Georgia, Rick and crew are now in Virginia. I guess I'll have to watch to see what this is about.
I think they clearly set it up as a callback to that earlier episode -- I pictured the whole Sophia search the moment I saw Henry's location. The location was so similar to where Daryl had traced her to, that I wouldn't even be surprised if they filmed it in the same spot!

I assumed it was filmed in the same spot but they are definitely too far away for it to have been the same spot in the show. I think it was just a nod back to when Rick put Sophia in a similar looking spot. Only this time Carol was able to save Henry and she didn't get to do that for Sophia.

It was just filmed in the same spot. They did it intentionally. In their world it isn't the same spot though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter