The walking dead amc #2

I feel like the show writers go out of their way to diverge from the comic material to show their 'creative genius' or something. Like they want to top Kirkman.

Does anyone know how far they plan to take the Negan storyline? I heard in the comics they hold him at Hilltop or something, not sure if thats true or not. I was just wondering if they would kill Negan in the finale since the war is going to be over, or if they will carry the story on.

Ugh. Too much Eugene this year. Not enough Carol, Michonne, or Jesus (who has been really absent). I'd love for them to close the chapter on the Saviors storyline and move forward. But Gimple does like a cliffhanger and stretching storylines out way too far.
How much I want to see more Carol, Michonne and Jesus depends on WHICH Carol, Michonne and Jesus!!!

The ones who made sense, or the ones who flipped personalities just to serve a nutty Gimple plot device this season??

I hope they don't do a cliffhanger. I'm actually hoping they do a time jump for season 9. Have Maggie already have the baby, have them more advanced in their survival and then start with new obstacles. I think a time jump may bring new life to this show.

How much I want to see more Carol, Michonne and Jesus depends on WHICH Carol, Michonne and Jesus!!!

The ones who made sense, or the ones who flipped personalities just to serve a nutty Gimple plot device this season??

Fabulous point! So my vote would be Terminator-esque, take no prisoners Carol, sword wielding, no-nonsense Carol and kung-fu Jesus.

Does anyone know how far they plan to take the Negan storyline? I heard in the comics they hold him at Hilltop or something, not sure if thats true or not. I was just wondering if they would kill Negan in the finale since the war is going to be over, or if they will carry the story on.
He is still around to the very last comic written. They hold him in jail and jump ahead several years when a new big bad villain comes along and they let Negan help fight that one. Then they allow him to live free. Negan never ends...lol. And since the showrunners LOVE them some Jeff Dean Morgan, I am assuming they will keep true to this part of the comic story....uggghhh.
Read spoiler at your own risk. I disclose I have read all the comics.

Fabulous point! So my vote would be Terminator-esque, take no prisoners Carol, sword wielding, no-nonsense Carol and kung-fu Jesus.

YES!!!!!

Except I think you meant to write "sword wielding no nonsense Michonne," not Carol. But if Carol took up a sword too that would be awesome! Lol!

I don't know if anyone else caught Talking Dead but they had a commercial/promo thing with Jesus and Tara and they both had a few lines and I told my dh "that's the most we've heard from Jesus all season!" It was cool because the actor who plays Jesus spoke in his English accent.

Maybe the zombie virus is like the shingles virus lol. For those of us who had chicken pox the shingles virus lies dormant within us. For some of us we will get shingles, for others they never will. No rhyme or reason why for some it remains dormant and for others it doesn't. How about Lyme. There are people who are bit by ticks with Lyme but don't develop it. Why? Well a lot depends on how long the tick was in you, how much exposure you had to it. There are things out there where there is no rhyme or reason to why you will get something and someone with the same exposure may not. Okay, I am going out on a limb here with this, but I guess I'm grasping at straws to still like this show. It really sucks that I used to sit on the edge of my seat watching it and now I sit fully back.

I read a theory on Reddit that there are two viruses, like how we have Hep A and Hep B, both in the same family but different. Like, virus A is the one everyone is infected with that makes you a zombie. it's dormant and does nothing until you die. Virus B is more virulent and infects all your bodily fluids. When it's introduced into someone, then Virus A kicks up and takes the body into a deathly illness. I think this is not quite right.

Another theory is that it is just one virus, but dormant until you die. Once you die, it's activated, and if you get the activated virus in your bloodstream, your virus activates as well. Closer, IMO.

My thought is it isn't a virus that is infecting the "healthy wounded", because antibiotics don't work on viral infections (eg. Father Gabriel). The zombie virus is dormant, but once a bacterial infection is in play, even a minute amount, and it goes unchecked, it activates the virus. Antibiotics work on bacterial infections, as does removing the infected area (Herschel).

A few episodes back in the scene where Simon & Co. came to the junkyard (and subsequently killed all the Scavengers), he asks Jadis what the deal is with the helipad and the solar panels. I don't think Jadis ever really answers him, but then we later see her digging out a box a food and eating it. So I think we are to surmise that the place the Scavengers were living at was something important at one point and with the helipad, Jadis may be connected to that helicopter.

i'm wondering if the helicopter is connected to that weird lady that showed up and met with Maggie and Michonne?

YES!!!!!

Except I think you meant to write "sword wielding no nonsense Michonne," not Carol. But if Carol took up a sword too that would be awesome! Lol!

I don't know if anyone else caught Talking Dead but they had a commercial/promo thing with Jesus and Tara and they both had a few lines and I told my dh "that's the most we've heard from Jesus all season!" It was cool because the actor who plays Jesus spoke in his English accent.

Yes meant to write Michonne. but now I do want to see ninja Carol! ha!!!

It's funny when they go on TD and speak with their normal accents. Rick is the biggest shock to the system. Morgan as well. Always cool to hear when they do interviews.

Walking Dead will be "very much a new show" in season 9
Ian Sandwell Digital SpyApril 11, 2018
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wa...g-dead-season-9-tease-scott-gimple-interview/

The Walking Dead's season eight finale is more than just a season finale, according to soon-to-be-former showrunner Scott Gimple.

Ahead of the episode, Gimple has been teasing that the finale is a culmination of the entire show to date, meaning season nine, which will see Angela Kang take over as showrunner, will be a brand new start.

"This episode isn't just like these 15 episodes coming to a conclusion, but Angela and myself and the writers had always talked about this in many ways being sort of the conclusion of the first eight seasons," he told EW.

"This show will be very much a new show next year and with a bigger, new narrative. It was something I was really excited about getting into even before season 8. And so there was just a certain weight in the air of the kind of conclusion that we were getting closer to."

Gimple described the filming of the episode as "intense" and a "weird graduation" for the entire cast, as well as being "bittersweet" for him as it marks his final one as showrunner, even if he knows he's leaving the show in good hands.

"I was working on Fear with those guys last year as I was starting Walking Dead, and there's no way that I could've done the show without Angela's help and Angela jumping in even more than she has in the past," he explained.

"So, she got some full on-the-job training even more than she had in the past, and it's a very cool way to pass the baton to someone that I started on the show with."

As for the finale itself, Gimple joked that we probably wouldn't be seeing any more of Carl's letters: "I mean, there were a stack of them, so it might even be a fan contest where we will write you a letter from Carl."

I posted this because it seems interesting and points toward a time jump, IMO. I don't like Gimple passing some of the buck onto Kang, because I am hopeful she will turn the show around next season. But if she really was as involved in the past season as much as Gimple says, than she's really no better at writing. I also don't like his comment at the end about a fan contest for Carl's letters. I wouldn't put it past him to try something stupid like that.

I posted this because it seems interesting and points toward a time jump, IMO. I don't like Gimple passing some of the buck onto Kang, because I am hopeful she will turn the show around next season. But if she really was as involved in the past season as much as Gimple says, than she's really no better at writing. I also don't like his comment at the end about a fan contest for Carl's letters. I wouldn't put it past him to try something stupid like that.

I'm a little concerned too reading that she had input into these lackluster seasons, but Gimple seems like too much of a control freak. I have a feeling she didn't have as much input as he claims, so let's hope she has been listening to the audience and will make the necessary changes. I've said on here before I hope they do a time jump as I feel that will give the show new life, at least I hope so.

It almost reads like a political speech. I think his ego is such that he wants to suggest "I taught her everything she knows"... "If she's any good in season 9 it's because I had her SO involved in season 8"...

And to any poor soul who actually LIKES Gimple and what he's been doing, I assume he's saying "It'll be ok -- she's my protege".

At least that's my hope.

I think he wants to put some of the blame on her. He has to know the negative backlash towards him and the shows decline in popularity over the past few season. I think he is trying to take her down with him. Hopefully she proves him wrong.

It does sound like a time jump too. Not going to get my hopes up on the story though. What he said there made me less interested.

He is still around to the very last comic written. They hold him in jail and jump ahead several years when a new big bad villain comes along and they let Negan help fight that one. Then they allow him to live free. Negan never ends...lol. And since the showrunners LOVE them some Jeff Dean Morgan, I am assuming they will keep true to this part of the comic story....uggghhh.
Read spoiler at your own risk. I disclose I have read all the comics.

I'll also add this...

I don't remember the exact location, but I do remember a while ago, maybe a few seasons ago, that they were building a jail cell. I honestly don't remember where they were or who was building it. Could have been at Hilltop. But I remember making a mental note of it because I knew from the comics that Negan may end up there and it seemed like that's where they were heading with the construction of it.

My guess for the season finale. The big battle ensues, our guys get in trouble, and their backs are against the wall. Just as they are about to lose their lives (remember Negan said no survivors), Aaron rides in with his wave of Bad Girls, and we win the war.....then all the guys at Hilltop are happy, as women outnumber men 10 to 1.

I am wondering how long JDM is interested in playing Negan. That would be a factor in what they can do with the character. He has a role in that new movie (Rampage?) so maybe he wants to move onward and upward from TWD.

The jail cell was in Alexandria where Morgan held one of the Wolves. I don't know if it's blown up now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter