The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I'm renting points to stay at VGC for a trip next week-- I had the person I'm renting from submit a single room request for me, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can have him submit a list of rooms I'd be happy with and I may have a better chance of getting what I want. Is that correct?

If so, how should the DVC owner submit this request?

I'm renting points to stay at VGC for a trip next week-- I had the person I'm renting from submit a single room request for me, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can have him submit a list of rooms I'd be happy with and I may have a better chance of getting what I want. Is that correct?

If so, how should the DVC owner submit this request?

Since your trip is next week, and if it were me, I'd be tempted to call the hotel directly and place the request. Otherwise, the owner can call or email member services for you. There's no guarantee you'll get what you requested but it never hurts to try.

Okay it worked! We checked in about 11am today and told them that we made list of requested park view rooms & asked if they were honoring it? Answer " YES it is a park view but not sure what it is...." So BEFORE I signed the registration form I CHECKED and sure enough there was one of my 1 bedroom requests....RM # 5502!! Had 5 choices on my list! He said "Oh your way ahead of me... We are not supposed to mention the exact room number but remenber I did not say it." I think he was joking but surprised I knew what I wanted & how to look for it! The room wasn't ready and the usual "will text you when ready" was the response. SO we drove back home (20 minutes) to wait to be texted! Really we did have to come back anyway to pick up my kid from band practice this afternoon!

Okay it worked! We checked in about 11am today and told them that we made list of requested park view rooms & asked if they were honoring it? Answer " YES it is a park view but not sure what it is...." So BEFORE I signed the registration form I CHECKED and sure enough there was one of my 1 bedroom requests....RM # 5502!! Had 5 choices on my list! He said "Oh your way ahead of me... We are not supposed to mention the exact room number but remenber I did not say it." I think he was joking but surprised I knew what I wanted & how to look for it! The room wasn't ready and the usual "will text you when ready" was the response. SO we drove back home (20 minutes) to wait to be texted! Really we did have to come back anyway to pick up my kid from band practice this afternoon!

Yay!!! Congrats!! Come back and post some pics to share! pixiedust:

Forgot to also mention we checked in the Grand hotel LAST NIGHT and the room was the same side as the DVC's. Does it matter where you get a room when using points?
RM # 2246 was a standard & Park view (right in front of the small rollercoaster) & SUPER CLEAN!! We just assumed we would get a really tired old crappy room but were extremely pleased for our 1 night! ALL CM's were SO NICE even though we had to keep telling them we're locals & have been here MANY times!! yadda yadda!

I have a couple more questions...:blush:

1. Is there a laundry room for the DVC studios to use? Is it free? I recently stayed at AKV and there was a free laundry room available (detergent did cost).

2. Do any of the DVC rooms overlook the monorail? I just recently learned the monorail runs through the courtyard, but I am unfamiliar where that is in comparison to the villas.

Thank you!

1. Is there a laundry room for the DVC studios to use? Is it free? I recently stayed at AKV and there was a free laundry room available (detergent did cost).
There is a laundry room on the first floor, near the barbeques.
Both hotel and villa guest may use the machines. Free tokens are available for DVC studio guests from Guest Services.

There is also a much larger laundry room on the second floor accessible using the elevators near Napa Rose.

2. Do any of the DVC rooms overlook the monorail? I just recently learned the monorail runs through the courtyard, but I am unfamiliar where that is in comparison to the villas.
None of the villas look into the courtyard with the Monorail tracks. Most of the villas have either a theme park or pool view :thumbsup2

Congrats! I'm hoping I get as lucky next week. Where should I look on the registration form for the room number before I sign? Is it fairly obvious?

There's always a possibility, and it depends on what size of unit you need. Be ready and online right at 8 a.m. eastern time and you should have a decent chance. Don't wait for MS to open. The studios seem to be the most popular, followed by the 1 bdrms.

Something to keep in mind for September, HM and Space Mtn are usually closed until around the third week to have their holiday overlays installed. If these rides are important to you, you may want to travel towards the end of September.

Thanks for the quick reply and the info!! :thumbsup2

We booked a studio for 7 months out. However, we didn't request a room. We leave in 2 months. Should I call and try to request a room? Which studio do you recommend?

Hangers are available upon request :thumbsup2
vgc_studio_amenity.jpg

Whoa. I'm having brain farts...
In FL we use Garden Grocer as a grocery delivery service...is there something similar available near VGC?

There is a list somewhere of theme park view rooms? We're going for 4 nights in August (just in a studio tho) and that would be GREAT to get my hands on...is it in this thread somewhere?

Anal Annie said:
Whoa. I'm having brain farts...
In FL we use Garden Grocer as a grocery delivery service...is there something similar available near VGC?

I've used vons.com several times with good luck.

There is a list somewhere of theme park view rooms? We're going for 4 nights in August (just in a studio tho) and that would be GREAT to get my hands on...is it in this thread somewhere?
Yes, the information you seek is in this thread :goodvibes
Search this thread for "6504" which is included in all the lists of studios, since it has the best view :thumbsup2

This previous post shows Room Numbers From the Outside :idea:

:worship:

Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

This thread here should help those looking to figure out what rooms are where and with some pics of the views. :thumbsup2

:worship:

I've used vons.com several times with good luck.

:worship: :thumbsup2 I will check them out!

Yes, the information you seek is in this thread :goodvibes
Search this thread for "6504" which is included in all the lists of studios, since it has the best view :thumbsup2

This previous post shows Room Numbers From the Outside :idea:

:worship: Oh my goodness! Thank you ALL sooo much!! So let me get this straight, VGC will take room requests for specific room numbers!? Holy smokes!! So you don't just ask for "theme park view"?! That's amazing!!

facebook twitter