• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

First VGC contract officially closed this morning. So excited, can't wait to see it pop up as a home resort!

I've been a lifelong WDW fan and love my home resorts there... But since moving out west last year I've realized that none of them quite compare to the Grand. It was love at first sight.

First VGC contract officially closed this morning. So excited, can't wait to see it pop up as a home resort!

I've been a lifelong WDW fan and love my home resorts there... But since moving out west last year I've realized that none of them quite compare to the Grand. It was love at first sight.
I grew up in Orlando and at WDW, but fell in love with DLR and the Grand as well!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations. We closed on the 11th for our first VGC contract. The wait is killing me. I’m 99 percent sure I should have everything loaded by next week. Really hopeful to book our VGC welcome home trip in spring 2023! Welcome home neighbor!

Congratulations. We closed on the 11th for our first VGC contract. The wait is killing me. I’m 99 percent sure I should have everything loaded by next week. Really hopeful to book our VGC welcome home trip in spring 2023! Welcome home neighbor!
Congrats!!! You will love it! Been a owner at the Grand since Apr 2020 and I LOVE IT! :)

Just recognized your username and obviously obviously you know the resort well! Congrats on now being an owner! My welcome home trip on VGC points should also be next spring!

Last edited:
Just recognized your username and obviously obviously you know the resort well! Congrats on now being an owner! My welcome home trip on VGC points should also be next spring!
LOL I would not say I know it well but I have been walking through that lobby for years (early 2000s I think right after the expansion and the open I think). Such a magical place and just SO CLOSE to the parks!!!!

Edit - Our first wedding anniversary gift to each other was annual passes to Disneyland Resort in 2002. So yea spent a lot of time around the parks those years.

Right? Hoping for some Moonlight Magic at DLR. Excited to see DVC to light up in many ways on the west coast after being so understated for so long.
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Along with a TOTW style lounge in the VDH tower. Do those 2 things and that's all I need.

Moonlight magic in DCA... Yes please.

Welcome neighbor! I have owned since 2014 and love it. I wish I had bought when it was first offered but still I got in pretty early.

Contract/new membership loaded on our login today. Tried chat to see if we could get points and book in March. They said the should be able to do it tomorrow........... Almost there. Our first stay on our points has to be at the Grand Cal before we go "slum" it up at CCV and RVA next summer :)

Edit - go for a studio or a 1BR??? Choices are hard..... Based on the earlier conversation unless I can go get a real lightsaber at Savi's and give those trees a trim I think I'd actually prefer a view poolside.

Last edited:
Contract/new membership loaded on our login today. Tried chat to see if we could get points and book in March. They said the should be able to do it tomorrow........... Almost there. Our first stay on our points has to be at the Grand Cal before we go "slum" it up at CCV and RVA next summer :)

Edit - go for a studio or a 1BR??? Choices are hard..... Based on the earlier conversation unless I can go get a real lightsaber at Savi's and give those trees a trim I think I'd actually prefer a view poolside.

Definitely go for the 1 bedroom. Can’t beat having two bathrooms, kitchen, and washer/dryer! 😅 And even with the trees getting huge, we love the happy sounds of the park side. Definitely personal preference though!

Okay. Change in plans. Going to book a 2BR and bring the family matriarch (great grandma to the kiddos) on this trip. She lived about 5 miles away when I was a kid and took me on many trips to Disneyland over the years. She will be 89 years young for this trip and is looking forward to sitting on the balcony sipping her coffee and just enjoying the sound and sites of the resort. We will definitely try and borrow or rent a wheelchair to get her into the middle between the parks one of the nights for fireworks. It would be nice to have views of them on the other nights. Any room suggestions for a dedicated 2br that would best suit our needs?

Also any suggestions on having a wheelchair ready for us on arrival and for use during our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter