The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when VGF2 opens will Disney offer guaranteed week options with direct sales? Just shopping around for some guaranteed week contracts but if VGF2 has them available when they launch we might go direct

I would assume so as the POS will be the same one as VGF1...they sold them there (and are selling them at RIV) when it went on sale the first time.

when VGF2 opens will Disney offer guaranteed week options with direct sales? Just shopping around for some guaranteed week contracts but if VGF2 has them available when they launch we might go direct
My CM told me that there is a limit on how many GW they can sell for each week (he wouldn't say how many). When I asked about a GW for CCV last month, each of the 4 weeks that I asked about were available. I suggest checking availability for the particular week(s) you are interested in with Disney to help you decide.

My CM told me that there is a limit on how many GW they can sell for each week (he wouldn't say how many). When I asked about a GW for CCV last month, each of the 4 weeks that I asked about were available. I suggest checking availability for the particular week(s) you are interested in with Disney to help you decide.

They are capped at 35% of the rooms for fixed weeks. So, no more of that can be sold for any given week. Now, with VGF, some weeks have already been sold so that will most likely play a role in how many are actually available for certain weeks in the new rooms.

They are capped at 35% of the rooms for fixed weeks. So, no more of that can be sold for any given week. Now, with VGF, some weeks have already been sold so that will most likely play a role in how many are actually available for certain weeks in the new rooms.
Reaching the 35% limit for Lake View Deluxe Studio week 42 wouldn’t affect their ability to sell Lake View Resort Studio week 42, though. The limit is per room type per week, since the purchase contract specifies both of those parameters.

Reaching the 35% limit for Lake View Deluxe Studio week 42 wouldn’t affect their ability to sell Lake View Resort Studio week 42, though. The limit is per room type per week, since the purchase contract specified both of those parameters.

Great point! I wasn't thinking about the fact that these are resort studios in relation to the fixed week. I was just thinking about views!!!

What you own never changes, that is true. It’s a % of a unit, not the resort though as in the case with VGF now. More points will change % ownership across the entire resort. It’s also why people can have the same number of points but the % is different. When I owned by 150 BWV points, my deeded interest was actually different because the actual unit was a different size.

Since owners are not limited in a points based timeshare to staying in the exact unit your points belong to so, it is more about every unit across the entire resort having a total number of points when it comes to how to book all the rooms,

Once sold, it doesn’t really matter if the studio is 10 points a night and the 1 bedroom is 20 points a night or they change it and make it 13 and 17…it still adds to 30 points, which is how it was sold and deeded.

So, they can’t sell more than 30 points total for those two units, but I have not found in my limited research anything that says it has to stay 20 and 10.

Thar was the point I was making in reference to shifting points across room size.. So, once the VGf2 points are added to the same resort as VGF1, they may have the ability, like they did with the treehouses, to shift points between the two buildings
Ah, okay, I understand what you mean now. Good points.

I think it does matter, though. Your unit might be a Studio and a 1 BR, but mine might be 2 studios. A shift from 10 and 20 to 13 and 17 would mean the point allocation in my unit is off — and as my points represent my % ownership in my unit, that can’t happen. (Now I get that it is more complicated because we’re also talking about total points for the year and different seasons come into play, but it gives the idea. Perhaps there is a way to make it balance across all unit types and shift across Home Villa types; I haven’t done the math analysis. And certainly I wouldn’t mind if 1BRs weren’t so much more expensive than Studios as I prefer 1BRs, but it doesn’t seem as if they could make those adjustments and abide by the terms of the POS. But I confess I have not spent the time trying to do the math to see if it is feasible, but if I recall in prior situations, there are those who dive into both the math and the POS and determined they could not.

Ah, okay, I understand what you mean now. Good points.

I think it does matter, though. Your unit might be a Studio and a 1 BR, but mine might be 2 studios. A shift from 10 and 20 to 13 and 17 would mean the point allocation in my unit is off — and as my points represent my % ownership in my unit, that can’t happen. (Now I get that it is more complicated because we’re also talking about total points for the year and different seasons come into play, but it gives the idea. Perhaps there is a way to make it balance across all unit types and shift across Home Villa types; I haven’t done the math analysis. And certainly I wouldn’t mind if 1BRs weren’t so much more expensive than Studios as I prefer 1BRs, but it doesn’t seem as if they could make those adjustments and abide by the terms of the POS. But I confess I have not spent the time trying to do the math to see if it is feasible, but if I recall in prior situations, there are those who dive into both the math and the POS and determined they could not.

So, how would you then view your ownership if they decided to create a non home resort booking chart (which is allowed)? That adds points being used to book the unit you own. I think that is why I see what is sold as fixed and the rest potentially not. But, as you mention, neither one of us has done enough to know for sure. Some day I will!!! And, the topic of a non home resort chart is a whole different can of worms!!

So, how would you then view your ownership if they decided to create a non home resort booking chart (which is allowed)? That adds points being used to book the unit you own. I think that is why I see what is sold as fixed and the rest potentially not. But, as you mention, neither one of us has done enough to know for sure. Some day I will!!! And, the topic of a non home resort chart is a whole different can of worms!!
But it wouldn’t affect my ability, as an owner, to book. I’d have to look at rules around how they could dk a non-home resort booking chart, but that’s entirely separate from how they would allocate points for me, as an owner, from booking.

The POS seems to clearly call they can only reallocate points to meet demand, and that the reallocation must be within Villa types (underline mine);

In order to meet the Club Members’ needs and expectations as evidenced by fluctuations in Use Day demand at the Condominium experienced by DVCMC during a given calendar year, DVCMC may, in its sole discretion, increase or decrease the Home resort Vacation Point requirements of a given Use Day within a given Vacation Home during the given calendar year by any amount not to exceed twenty percent (20%) of the Home Resort Vacation Points required to reserve a Use Day during the previous calendar year; provided, however, that the total number of Home Resort Vacation points existing within a given Unit at any time may not be increased or decreased because of such reallocation. The twenty percent (20%) reallocation limitation shall not apply to increases or decreases of Home Resort Vacation Point reservation requirements relating to designated periods of high demand which do not occur on the same Use Day each year. Any increase or decrease in the Home Resort Vacation point reservation requirement for a given Use Day pursuant to DVCMC’s right to make this Home resort Vacation Point adjustment must be offset by a corresponding increase or decrease for another Use Day or Use Days.”

I would assume the new fixed weeks will also have a booking category, resort studio or deluxe studio.

But it wouldn’t affect my ability, as an owner, to book. I’d have to look at rules around how they could dk a non-home resort booking chart, but that’s entirely separate from how they would allocate points for me, as an owner, from booking.

The POS seems to clearly call they can only reallocate points to meet demand, and that the reallocation must be within Villa types (underline mine);

In order to meet the Club Members’ needs and expectations as evidenced by fluctuations in Use Day demand at the Condominium experienced by DVCMC during a given calendar year, DVCMC may, in its sole discretion, increase or decrease the Home resort Vacation Point requirements of a given Use Day within a given Vacation Home during the given calendar year by any amount not to exceed twenty percent (20%) of the Home Resort Vacation Points required to reserve a Use Day during the previous calendar year; provided, however, that the total number of Home Resort Vacation points existing within a given Unit at any time may not be increased or decreased because of such reallocation. The twenty percent (20%) reallocation limitation shall not apply to increases or decreases of Home Resort Vacation Point reservation requirements relating to designated periods of high demand which do not occur on the same Use Day each year. Any increase or decrease in the Home Resort Vacation point reservation requirement for a given Use Day pursuant to DVCMC’s right to make this Home resort Vacation Point adjustment must be offset by a corresponding increase or decrease for another Use Day or Use Days.”
Thanks for posting this.

But this part bothers me:

provided, however, that the total number of Home Resort Vacation points existing within a given Unit at any time may not be increased or decreased because of such reallocation

The thing is, didn't Disney do exactly this when they changed SSR to have 2 different room categories? After all, some "units" were deemed "preferred" and their point totals were increased, while other "units" were deemed "standard" and their point totals were decreased.

Maybe I'm getting confused by what is meant by "unit", but when I bought into DVC, didn't I purchase at a specific unit?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this.

provided, however, that the total number of Home Resort Vacation points existing within a given Unit at any time may not be increased or decreased because of such reallocation

The thing is, didn't Disney exactly this when they changed SSR to have 2 different room categories? After all, some "units" were deemed "preferred" and their point totals were increased, while other "units" were deemed "standard" and their point totals were decreased.
They've done it plenty of times. Some are just on a smaller scale. For example, at times recently they've increased AKV Club Level rooms by decreasing Value rooms. Value and Club rooms are not in the same units. I think they might be getting more pushback from members now. Just because they've done it doesn't mean they should be doing it.

The Theme Park Resort Studio seems to be pretty excessive to me. They will probably be relatively easy to book at 7 months.
Touring Plans shows 7 rooms on floors 1 to 4 that could be considered Theme Park View, a total of 28 rooms at most. (Based on images on Touring Plans, some of the views are not that good. It's unclear if all 28 of these rooms will be classified as Theme Park View. Let's keep in mind what happened to some "Theme Park View" rooms at BLT several years ago.) Since there are 200 rooms, Theme Park View rooms are going to be relatively scarce.

VGF2 maps.jpg

Last edited:
Touring Plans shows 7 rooms on floors 1 to 4 that could be considered Theme Park View, a total of 28 rooms at most. (Based on images on Touring Plans, some of the views are not that good. It's unclear if all 28 of these rooms will be classified as Theme Park View. Let's keep in mind what happened to some "Theme Park View" rooms at BLT several years ago.) Since there are 200 rooms, Theme Park View rooms are going to be relatively scarce.

View attachment 628132
I think even with the higher point requirement per night they will rent fairly well. The limited inventory will help. I will say that overall the point chart was very fair.

Thanks for posting this.

The thing is, didn't Disney do exactly this when they changed SSR to have 2 different room categories? After all, some "units" were deemed "preferred" and their point totals were increased, while other "units" were deemed "standard" and their point totals were decreased.

Maybe I'm getting confused by what is meant by "unit", but when I bought into DVC, didn't I purchase at a specific unit?
They did. I’d argue that they shouldn’t have been allowed to, but there wasn’t pushback from owners or threat of a lawsuit at the time - probably because it was one resort, one category, and benefited people who wanted other categories.

But for the 2020 point charts, they attempted to reallocate points to 1BRs across the board (the lockoff premium debacle) and that is when owners took notice, dug into the details, and pushed back on DVC, who then changed course and fixed the point charts. Since then, some owners have played very close attention to the point charts, which is how the issue with 2022 charts increasing the total number of points at each resort was caught. DVC again fixed the point charts after many owners raised the issue.

So just because DVC does do something doesn’t mean they should do it, or are acting always in our best interest, which is why it’s important to analyze changes and hold them accountable when they aren’t acting in our interests.

Thanks for posting this.

You would have to go back to the way units were declared. Not all units have the same vacation homes. A unit could have been all one section, building, or it could have been multiple rooms across multiple buildings.

Without that info there is no way to know because lock offs are based on 2 bedroom but the premium exists. Dedicated rooms muddy it in terms of easy way to figure it all out.

Once a unit is declared, can it be added to? I don’t know. For example, can the new rooms at Big Pine Key at VGF be put into a particular u it already part of the original building???

Personally, though, if I’m going to pay a lot of points for an MK Theme Park view, I’ll stay at BLT. ;-)
BLT will have the better views of MK for sure. But VGF has a deferent vibe to the resort and some more upscale dining if you are into that. I honestly like both resorts a lot, just they have some differences, but that’s what great about DVC, I can at 7 months pick from a lot of different styles of resorts/trips.

BLT will have the better views of MK for sure. But VGF has a deferent vibe to the resort and some more upscale dining if you are into that. I honestly like both resorts a lot, just they have some differences, but that’s what great about DVC, I can at 7 months pick from a lot of different styles of resorts/trips.

I prefer VGF to BLT as well because it’s so easy to back and forth between it and Poly and has a much nicer way to complete a walk/run!!

I prefer VGF to BLT as well because it’s so easy to back and forth between it and Poly and has a much nicer way to complete a walk/run!!
The new path to MK is actually a really big deal to me. I’m am fairly big runner and I love to run while on vacation. It does not need to be super long, but if I can get a decent 5-6 mile run every other day I’m very happy. The new path from VGF to MK is perfect to extent some runs for me. It’s honestly one of my biggest dislikes about AKV, there is no decent route to run (if only they would build a AKV to AK path!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter