The Running Thread - 2019

I have bought from Walter and Rosie before. I know we have some of the Halloween scents and I have a wine and dine one. I think they smell strong the first time you burn them but notice a fade after. Probably need to try again.

Could you elaborate on this a little? I've been running (leisurely) for about 7 years, but only this past spring started actually focusing on how I run, and am doing my first training plan for a 10K in August. Not going too fast on my easy runs like you mentioned has been difficult, and I've been trying to let my HR and how I feel in general dictate whether my easy pace is actually easy or not. I'm in the Richmond, VA area so dealing with tons of nice heat and humidity here. Thanks!
Gladly, and congrats!! Specifically I was referring to the fact that your average HR can be with in range for the entire run, but if the last 2-3 miles were in Zone 3 was it really easy? That typically happens more in the heat due to accumulated heat.

As for easy miles, I say that almost every runner struggles with it at some point. I read somewhere that we generally like to self select zone 3, so to start just go slower than what feels slow lol. I also, remind my self of the purpose of the run before I head out. There are 0 gains being made running slightly harder than easy, and the harder you go the more damage you do to your quality days. On the other side, there really is no negative to running slower on those runs. Lastly slow running keeps you healthy, slower equals shorter more stable levers... once you have the feel and the motivation to run slow, it gets much easier! Hope that helps!

Just an FYI, the adorable puppy I posted about last night is still available. Turns out he was not Rhodesian. So Lynae is still trying to find a home for him. If you or anyone you know in the vicinity of NC are interested just let me know. :)

Great, thanks @LSUlakes -- just spent $50 on some new car air fresheners and essential oils from Mickey Candle Company. Hahaha.

Anyone else think @LSUlakes asked about candies? No? Just me? :faint:

I know my spelling is bad, so its possible that I typed something incorrect lol.

I can type in cajun accent. How bout dem candles you can get from dat online store sha!?!?! Them there smell like dat Mickey Mouse place we like. lol
Maybe next week FFQOTD could be for everyone to tell us the most cajun thing they have ever heard another person say IRL. For those that did DATW after the marathon, you should have plenty of good stuff from about the time we passed Japan...

I can type in cajun accent. How bout dem candles you can get from dat online store sha!?!?! Them there smell like dat Mickey Mouse place we like. lol
Maybe next week FFQOTD could be for everyone to tell us the most cajun thing they have ever heard another person say IRL. For those that did DATW after the marathon, you should have plenty of good stuff from about the time we passed Japan...

Probably the best thing about living in New Orleans is my newfound ability to flawlessly translate JerrySpeak. :rotfl2:

ATTQOTD: I just bought a car air freshener 4 pack from Magic Candle company. I've got the Pirates one in my car now and I love the smell. The best thing about it is that the smell isn't very overwhelming. We also go the Dole Whip, Banshee, and African Lodge scents.

Life update: The boot is gone! I ran this morning. Just two miles. First mile felt good and the second one reminded me that I haven't run in a month and I am for real out of shape. Looking forward to getting back in running shape even though the process will most likely suck!

Thanks to this thread I am now dreaming of Beach Club. This resulted in me proposing a last minute WDW trip to stay there. Since DH vetoed my proposal I will now be purchasing car air fresheners. They seem less likely to be used inappropriately by my children.
And I will not admit how much time I spent trying to think of any candy I have eaten at a Disney park.

Apparently Disney security was having a busy day, which explains why it took so long to get there.
It may also be that because ToonTown is in the very back of Disneyland, it took longer for security to actually get there.
I was surprised at the response time but after seeing some information Disney CMs are not allowed to intervene in a situation like that as a liability.
Liability can be a scary thing. A CM could intervene to stop a fight and wind up getting sued and losing to the perpetrator.

To any who have dealt with their own mental illness or that of a loved one, you have my deepest sympathy. It is very difficult and it can be impossible to even know there's a challenge. There is so much about mental illness that we do not know.

ATTQOTD: I don't have any candles. Just not my thing. I was aware of Disney scented candles because I had heard about them on podcasts and even remember a few years back when Disney made turkey leg air fresheners to hang from your car. Yes. Seriously.

ATTQOTD: I have had my eye on some of the Disney scented candles for a while, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Maybe it's time?

In regards to running weather... tried to get out on some hilly trails last night. The heat and the hills about did me in. It started to thunder pretty loud and rain so I went in after a couple miles. Not sure where I would like to live for running weather. Honestly, I feel like just having a place where I could safely run at night would be ideal, but I don't feel good about that here so it's either suffer in the heat or hit the treadmill.

I live on the edge of what may be hit by Barry. I wasn't taking it too seriously til I got an e-mail from both my insurance and credit card companies about the storm, which has definitely never happened before. I'm not on a coast, so it would be flooding at most, but I'll probably at least get a couple gallons of water to weather the storm. I'll charge my external cell phone battery too. Hope everyone else in its path is safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter