The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right that Disney Springs with the Edison will be 100% complete by the end f this year?

Once that's done, and Pandora open, I can see them ploughing on with toy story land ready for next summer. Then over to Star Wars land and maybe start on the hotel too.

2X DVC towers at CBR and CSR to be built as well as putting in the gondola system.

I simply can't get my head around just how much they want completed in the next 5 years. Sound a like they need 10 years to do all this.

everything I have seen/heard has Toy Story Land definitely opening next year and I think targeting a similar time frame to when Pandora opened (so by memorial day) - I saw one report that they are "ahead of schedule" but not sure what that means and also not sure if that is anythign official or just inferring based on the progress made with the slinky dog track installed, etc.

everything I have seen/heard has Toy Story Land definitely opening next year and I think targeting a similar time frame to when Pandora opened (so by memorial day) - I saw one report that they are "ahead of schedule" but not sure what that means and also not sure if that is anythign official or just inferring based on the progress made with the slinky dog track installed, etc.

I think the formula they used with the soft opens for Pandora probably helped a lot. I can definitely see them using that again in the future for at least TSL.

WDWNT has just shared this article regarding the Disney Uber system. The new system will apparently be called Minnie Vans, and will make use of Chevrolet Traverse vehicles. There will be a flat rate cost around the $15-$20 mark. Testing is expected to begin the next couple of weeks supposedly.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/break...vice-called-minnie-vans-first-details-emerge/

I would interested to hear if they will have the option with car seats as that is always an issue for when we are there with our kids or just in general with using Uber with our kids

This won't interfere in any way way REAL Uber, right?
Who knows at this stage, but I doubt it. Disney could ban Uber from their property (seems unlikely IMO) or maybe charge extra for Uber on property (similar to the fee MCO charges). Testing is rumored to begin in the next few weeks, so we may get more information then.

Who knows at this stage, but I doubt it. Disney could ban Uber from their property (seems unlikely IMO) or maybe charge extra for Uber on property (similar to the fee MCO charges). Testing is rumored to begin in the next few weeks, so we may get more information then.
Thanks. I really hope Disney doesn't do that.

I don't like the flat fee aspect, and I could imagine the rides being pooled -- which we do not like. Guess we'll see.

Thanks. I really hope Disney doesn't do that.

I don't like the flat fee aspect, and I could imagine the rides being pooled -- which we do not like. Guess we'll see.
I would take the fixed fee thing with a pinch of salt. After all, the site that shared the info isn't the most reliable and got the car make/model wrong too. I'd expect to see something announced at D23 this weekend.

This won't interfere in any way way REAL Uber, right?

If I had to guess they would not - and they would pitch this as a slightly different service - or at least one with a different focus ... in that you / families feel more comfortable as it is Disney owned/operated vs some random person, obviously the themeing, I bet there will be screens or something inside advertising things, I assume they will have some option with car seats which is an issue with most Uber, etc. - so catering to a bit of a different crowd

If I had to guess they would not - and they would pitch this as a slightly different service - or at least one with a different focus ... in that you / families feel more comfortable as it is Disney owned/operated vs some random person, obviously the themeing, I bet there will be screens or something inside advertising things, I assume they will have some option with car seats which is an issue with most Uber, etc. - so catering to a bit of a different crowd
This makes more sense. Slightly different offering/branding. I'd still go with Uber unless the new offering is cheaper. Uber is in so many cities, and many of us have a ton of experience with it already -- not worried about the random stranger aspect. But I can see others being drawn to a Disney service.

I just hope they go for this slight market segmentation approach and not eliminate or limit Uber.

This makes more sense. Slightly different offering/branding. I'd still go with Uber unless the new offering is cheaper. Uber is in so many cities, and many of us have a ton of experience with it already -- not worried about the random stranger aspect. But I can see others being drawn to a Disney service.

I just hope they go for this slight market segmentation approach and not eliminate or limit Uber.

My guess is this would be more expensive - so a "better" more family-friendly, more "Disneyfied" experience that costs a bit more vs Uber being the cheaper but more barebones option

I think it's a great option to add. For me and my partner, we'll probably keep using lyft or uber if they are cheaper. Especially as we tend to stay just off property.

Just to bump this, and keep it up with the individual threads.....
Per multiple insiders - Tron Coaster is NOT replacement for Speedway - will go behind speedway, and Speedway will get redone, and also given a "TRON" look.

That would be a great idea. The cars need to be drivable, fun, and look futuristic. I also like that if this is true, it's a revamp and additional capacity. I'm hoping that also means a full refurb of space mountain. Taking it all with a huge grain of salt but this would be a good plan.

Car1-300x198.jpg

How does 15-20 dollars compare to an outside taxi? Don't take them but just curious

Right?

Throughout my years on this board, I've seen posts from people saying they take cabs around Disney for $5-$10, and I'm like where are these taxis? I've never been quoted less than $20 for a Mears taxi to go anywhere in Disney.

The $5 to $10 rides would have to be to a very close location. It's been a few years but it used to be in that range to go from Pop to DHS. Pop to MK area was around $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter