The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took a cab to go from the Beach Club to the Swan last year, and it was $5. There were heavy thunderstorms in the area so that's why we didn't walk. But anytime over the years we thought we might want to take a cab to another resort or a park, it's been no less than $20.

Yep it was hinted at that there is more for Epcot not announced.
Oh yes, definitely a lot more coming from Epcot than they've mentioned - notice a lot of changes in Future World alone in the blue sky concept image they showed. And that isn't even touching World Showcase!
c84202_efeb0b71014b4111b2609c9980bbd0d2~mv2.webp

That image is so intriguing I don't know what to make of it since they did say it's blue sky.
I too am very confused as to what to take from it since it is blue sky. But they wouldn't have created such detailed concept art if it wasn't a layout they are genuinely considering. It is certainly very different to the current Future World but looks intriguing! I can't wait to hear what else is in store for Epcot - there looks to be a lot that isn't yet announced!

New rumors:
@CarouselOf on Twitter is reporting that the Magic Eye Theater in Epcot looks to be closing soon. It apparently won't be reused, but instead demolished.
@CarouselOf has also said details about Carousel of Progress updates should be expected this coming week. "Carousel Of Progress will be receiving a extended downtime for a better show experience." "It's [extended refurb] confirmed, they already have the construction company contracted out. They need to fill the permits and confirm some people from WDI. And the people from WDI are on the programming and control side of things because they haven't assigned just 1 person yet."
Finally, the same source has said that Speedway will go down for an extended refurbishment in a couple of months time so that track can be re-worked and re-done so Tron construction can begin.

Now, I don't know how trustworthy @CarouselOf is, but they do seem to know their stuff. We'll have to wait and see...

New rumors:
@CarouselOf on Twitter is reporting that the Magic Eye Theater in Epcot looks to be closing soon. It apparently won't be reused, but instead demolished.
@CarouselOf has also said details about Carousel of Progress updates should be expected this coming week. "Carousel Of Progress will be receiving a extended downtime for a better show experience." "It's [extended refurb] confirmed, they already have the construction company contracted out. They need to fill the permits and confirm some people from WDI. And the people from WDI are on the programming and control side of things because they haven't assigned just 1 person yet."
Finally, the same source has said that Speedway will go down for an extended refurbishment in a couple of months time so that track can be re-worked and re-done so Tron construction can begin.

Now, I don't know how trustworthy @CarouselOf is, but they do seem to know their stuff. We'll have to wait and see...

The Magic Eye Theater is the one where the Pixar shorts are showing right?

New rumors:

They are good with CoP because they are CoP CMs.

New rumors:

All sounds good to me. I can see 90% of what was announced at D23 will be done by late 2019 with all the permits in place.

Good to see they are cracking on with the groundwork for Tron by sorting the speedway

All sounds good to me. I can see 90% of what was announced at D23 will be done by late 2019 with all the permits in place.

Good to see they are cracking on with the groundwork for Tron by sorting the speedway
And 2019 will be another D23 Expo, so i'm sure we can expect a few more announcements then (think it'll be a big one for 50th announcements). Yes, I was glad to see groundwork potentially starting soon for Tron too.

All announced topics from D23:
CONFIRMED:
  • Anaheim Star Wars Land will open first!
  • Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railway coming to Hollywood Studios! It will be a state-of-the-art attraction, with a new theme song designed for the attraction. It will be a ride through a cartoon short! And more hidden Mickey's than anywhere else!
  • EPCOT:
    • True to original vision, while more timeless, more relevant, family, and Disney
    • Tom Fitzgerald will be leading this project!
    • Ratatouille Attraction in France Pavilion! Based on the one at DLRP
    • New film for China Pavilion! Digital, CircleVision confirmed!
    • Redevelopment of Future World!
    • GOTG Coaster! Fans will be given a sense of wow. Storyline will based of Peter Quill visiting the park as a kid.
    • Mission Space to get a new mission!!!!! [MrP Edit: Orange gets updated visuals by ILM; Green gets new mission more kid friendly, a tour of Earth from orbit]
    • New TS Restaurant coming next to Mission Space!
  • Magic Kingdom:
    • TRON Coaster from SHDL!
    • New Theater coming as well!
  • Disneyland Paris' Hotel New York to get a Marvel makeover!
  • WDW's new Star Wars Hotel will be innovative and will be immersive!
  • Disney's Rivera Resort coming as well!
  • Point to Point Transportation (Minnie Van Service) coming!
  • Disney SkyLiner confirmed!
  • New Beauty and The Beast show coming to DCL
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure and Great Movie Ride will have their last day on the SAME day (August 13, 2017).
  • Not 2, but 3 NEW ships, will join the DCL fleet, by 2023!
  • Toy Story Land - Opening Summer 2018! HWS and SHDL!
  • PixarFest coming to Disneyland Resort next summer!
  • PTN coming to DCA! New Float as well!
  • Paradise Pier becomes Pixar Pier next summer!
  • Citizen's of Radiator Springs will be celebrating Halloween this year!
  • Marvel expansion coming to DCA:
    • Spiderman and Avengers joining alongside GOTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter