The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think to me the hardest part of this is losing one of the most unique attractions on property. The quotability of Dinosaur is better than any attraction in my opinion and it still gets decent waits. It would make more sense to add Indy to another park such as DHS and make it into it's own land. I am also okay with putting it in Adventureland to replicate Disneyland. This attraction is one in a million and I hope it winds up in WDW but there are better options as far as locations go.
Agree with this. (not counting Pandora), Dinosaur felt like a very "Disney-like" attraction. Until Pandora, the only dark ride in the park.

Agree with this. (not counting Pandora), Dinosaur felt like a very "Disney-like" attraction. Until Pandora, the only dark ride in the park.

I think I am tainted by riding Indy before I rode Dinosaur - I was really unimpressed by Dinosaur ... the whole things seemed silly and why are the dinosaurs just waiting for the computer to describe them rather than, I don't know, attacking you? Just seemed like a lot of jerky movement in between some brief show scenes

I also feel like I know that Dinosaur was an IP but it feels in line with their non IP attractions.
I quote the "we're not gonna make it, we're not gonna make it!" ALL the time

It's the silliest thing but that last part of the ride always gives me anxiety. I guess they did a good job with it! But I think I'd still be ok with it switching to Indy since I have a lot more love for that franchise than a movie I didn't even know existed until a few months ago.

I also feel like I know that Dinosaur was an IP but it feels in line with their non IP attractions.
I quote the "we're not gonna make it, we're not gonna make it!" ALL the time

It did come out basically when the Dinosaur movie came out, so for that reason alone it feels like like taking an IP from a film that is popular and "forcing" an attraction. Also, I think the less popular IPs also feel less forced. I mean, the average park goer probably doesn't even know Splash Mountain is based on a movie

Dinosaur started as Countdown to Extinction when the park opened in 1998. It was later changed to Dinosaur to of course tie into the new film.

yeah, and while I don't know if this is 100% true, supposedly there was enough money left in the budget to either do Mythical Creatures Land or Dino Land and it was because they had the Dinosaur movie coming out they went with Dino Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter