The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made several updates to the first post.

New Monorail Trains
January 2018 - Disney is meeting with companies to potential build new monorail trains in time for the 50th anniversary.
April 2018 - Disney has not confirmed new monorails are coming at this point but several sources indicate a deal is close with the possible manufacturer Bombardier who built the previous trains. Bob Gurr at an event in Orlando said Disney is indeed close to a deal and that new trains will be coming soon as the current ones are over their expected life span.

May 2018 - A deal is very much in the works with Bombardier the Canadian company who built the previous monorails. The plan is to have at least some monorails done by the 50th anniversary.

New DVC/Resort at the River Country site
March 2018 - Disney has filed exploratory permits for this location to check if the land is suitable for building. Martin at WDWMagic says a resort is in the works similar to the one long rumored for the site.
May 2018 - New permits for a site prep area linked to Project 89 (the exploratory permits) have been filed.

Whispering Canyon and other Wilderness Lodge dining changing?
May 2018 - Several sources are indicating that the antics from Whispering Canyon are no longer happening. A theme change is rumored for the dining experience and characters are rumored to be coming to the Artist Point.

Indiana Jones replacing Dinosaur/Dinoland USA?
Visionary Soul at WDWMagic is reporting that Disney Execs want Indiana Jones in the parks for the next film to come out. The simplest option is to redo Dinosaur and that area into Indiana Jones.
March 2018 - Several plans are in flux for the Dinoland area according to WDWMagic sources. A Dino themed refresh of the land is a front runner.

May 2018 - VisionarySoul on WDWMagic is reporting this is going forward and Dinosaur could close as early as next year to become Indiana Jones Adventure.

New resort coming to Epcot area?
February 2017
- WDW1974 from WDWMagic says a resort will be added near the Epcot entrance
July 2017 - Martin of WDWMagic says Disney is considering 4 possible resort options for the area
October 2017 - WDWMagic reports of new exploratory borings reveal possible large scale projects Northwest of Epcot
Jim Hill says Disney is looking at two locations for a hotel at the front of Epcot
November 2017 - Magic Feather from WDWMagic says the Epcot resort is happening but could happen in one of three locations all within the Future World area. The front of the park, and near The Land pavilion are two of the three locations.
April 2018 - Still very much a possibility for the front of the park.

May 2018 - Clearing work has begun in the area where exploratory permits were filed last year.

New Space Themed Restaurant
July 2017 - Announced at D23 this new concept will be coming to Future World. No details were given on when. Martin at WDWMagic says this will be attached to Mission: Space on the Test Track side.
January 2017 - will open in 2019 according to Martin at WDWMagic
May 2018 - Disney confirmed the location will be between Test Track and Mission: Space

I have to wonder about the Epcot resort rumors. Looking at the location, is it possible the permits filed are not for a resort, but for an attraction? It has been rumored Disney wants to bring new life to the Seas pavilion and I wonder if the Crush coaster could be a possible addition for the park. Location wise it would make sense. I just wonder if everyone is jumping to conclusions with this resort and not thinking about other possibilities. I would LOVE for the resort though and I think that's most likely what it is but just a random thought.

I have to wonder about the Epcot resort rumors. Looking at the location, is it possible the permits filed are not for a resort, but for an attraction? It has been rumored Disney wants to bring new life to the Seas pavilion and I wonder if the Crush coaster could be a possible addition for the park. Location wise it would make sense. I just wonder if everyone is jumping to conclusions with this resort and not thinking about other possibilities. I would LOVE for the resort though and I think that's most likely what it is but just a random thought.
All the indication is for a resort not an attraction.

I had heard from multiple sources that an additional coaster was also in the works to go possibly between the Land and Seas or in that general area. Wasn't a Crush coaster though, was told it was to be the Disney World version of the Spider-Man ride designed for Disneyland, but would be Tarzan themed. Which would be the clear choice for a swinging coaster if that actually happens. Still seemed like the wrong park for that though.

I had heard from multiple sources that an additional coaster was also in the works to go possibly between the Land and Seas or in that general area. Wasn't a Crush coaster though, was told it was to be the Disney World version of the Spider-Man ride designed for Disneyland, but would be Tarzan themed. Which would be the clear choice for a swinging coaster if that actually happens. Still seemed like the wrong park for that though.

well, in the old Project Gemini for EPCOT, there was plans for a suspended coaster around the Land pavilion that would have been like a rain forest theme - like you were going through the rain forest. So wouldn't be too hard to adapt with a Tarzan IP

First I've heard of this specific rumor though

Indiana Jones replacing Dinosaur/Dinoland USA?
Visionary Soul at WDWMagic is reporting that Disney Execs want Indiana Jones in the parks for the next film to come out. The simplest option is to redo Dinosaur and that area into Indiana Jones.
March 2018 - Several plans are in flux for the Dinoland area according to WDWMagic sources. A Dino themed refresh of the land is a front runner.

May 2018 - VisionarySoul on WDWMagic is reporting this is going forward and Dinosaur could close as early as next year to become Indiana Jones Adventure.
Wow, as much as I like Indiana Jones, it doesn't seem like a good fit in AK. While Indiana Jones is cool, it really has nothing to do with animals or nature. Indiana Jones searches for treasures .. not fossils. I don't see them making Indiana Jones area "immersive" either as that IP covers all over the world and many decades of history.

Kids love dinosaurs and I don't see anything wrong with that attraction. The problem with the area is the travesty of Disney Imagineering and cost-cutting known as Hester and Chester's DinoLand USA. That is the problem with the Dinosaur area of AK. IF they would have more dinosaur-related attractions there rather than some carnival rides, that might be a popular area. It would be an improvement if they just had a walking through tour with some animatronic dinosaurs (like zoos/aquariums have had for decades).

If they are going to update the area to Indiana, I'd be more curious what becomes of the Dinoland area rather than re-theming of Dinosaur (though that will be cool).

If they want some fresh Indy stuff in the parks, why not just update the stunt show? (Make it less about the making of movie stunts and just make it an action-packed show with totally new scenes).

I also doubt it is a second coaster, Disney is already building 3 coasters in three parks in the next 3 years. We have Slinky this year, Guard coaster next then Tron Coaster all before the 50th. I doubt Disney will put in a 4th so quickly. Although epcot needs love and Disney is going to give it to it, I dont see a outdoor coaster being in Epcot any time soon and the idea listed is deff a outdoor type of coaster which means Disney would have used its site balloons like they did for Guard Coaster. In saying that a hotel sounds right but they could also add more there, the Benefit of Epcot is that there is so much available real estate in Future world in half abandoned or fully abandoned buildings that you dont necessarily have to build a new show building to house a attraction.

I heard from a Disney artist that at Disneyland in California, a Bug's land is slated for future demo to be replaced and expanded by a Marvel themed area...also to include the parking lot area behind Guardians of the Galaxy.

I heard from a Disney artist that at Disneyland in California, a Bug's land is slated for future demo to be replaced and expanded by a Marvel themed area...also to include the parking lot area behind Guardians of the Galaxy.
Not a rumor. That is confirmed.

Wow, as much as I like Indiana Jones, it doesn't seem like a good fit in AK. While Indiana Jones is cool, it really has nothing to do with animals or nature. Indiana Jones searches for treasures .. not fossils. I don't see them making Indiana Jones area "immersive" either as that IP covers all over the world and many decades of history.

Kids love dinosaurs and I don't see anything wrong with that attraction. The problem with the area is the travesty of Disney Imagineering and cost-cutting known as Hester and Chester's DinoLand USA. That is the problem with the Dinosaur area of AK. IF they would have more dinosaur-related attractions there rather than some carnival rides, that might be a popular area. It would be an improvement if they just had a walking through tour with some animatronic dinosaurs (like zoos/aquariums have had for decades).

If they are going to update the area to Indiana, I'd be more curious what becomes of the Dinoland area rather than re-theming of Dinosaur (though that will be cool).

If they want some fresh Indy stuff in the parks, why not just update the stunt show? (Make it less about the making of movie stunts and just make it an action-packed show with totally new scenes).
I think to me the hardest part of this is losing one of the most unique attractions on property. The quotability of Dinosaur is better than any attraction in my opinion and it still gets decent waits. It would make more sense to add Indy to another park such as DHS and make it into it's own land. I am also okay with putting it in Adventureland to replicate Disneyland. This attraction is one in a million and I hope it winds up in WDW but there are better options as far as locations go.

I think to me the hardest part of this is losing one of the most unique attractions on property. The quotability of Dinosaur is better than any attraction in my opinion and it still gets decent waits. It would make more sense to add Indy to another park such as DHS and make it into it's own land. I am also okay with putting it in Adventureland to replicate Disneyland. This attraction is one in a million and I hope it winds up in WDW but there are better options as far as locations go.

I rank Dinosaur as one of the top 3 rides Disney has ever built because it's by far the most quotable of anything they've produced. A lot of the rumors I've heard around this idea really just doesn't quite seem to fit the park for a whole slew of reasons. An Indy Land does not even remotely fit into Animal Kingdom, and tossing Indy in with dinosaurs doesn't even make sense for the character so not really sure how this idea would get anywhere with Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter