The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's just a combination of having so many studios at one resort and the higher point charts. A standard studio averages out to be around 21-22 points per night at PVB. Whereas at SSR it's around 14 points and CCV is around 17 points per night. If you own a typical 100-150 point DVC contract, you just don't get a full week at PVB.

You're forced to stay elsewhere or a do a split stay.

We're seeing this with GFV now too. The resort studios are widely available at the 7 month mark now. Fourth of July week is wide open at both resorts this week. I for one am thrilled about the wide open availability.
VGF Studios have quickly changed from being one of the most difficult to book to one of the easier.

It will change again once VGF2 is sold out but my guess is that VGF eventually will be about the same as PVB. Both are great resorts to stay at but they are a lot of points.

I've been beating this drum for a long time when it comes to Aulani. It's extremely valuable as a big sexy carrot to put in the portfolio and say "look, you can go to Hawaii for free!" when in reality probably 98% of DVC members will never set foot in the place.
I did the sales pitch at Poly before Covid and they didn't really pitch the bungalows or the off-site. It was more car salesman-y math and theme park magic. I don't even think they mentioned the bungalows. I think they mentioned the offsite stuff along with RCI at that time along the lines of you can go anywhere with these points.

I'd be surprised if the modern pitch is using Aulani, it's been a losing idea for Disney a really long time at this point. Maybe on the West Coast?

I did the sales pitch at Poly before Covid and they didn't really pitch the bungalows or the off-site. It was more car salesman-y math and theme park magic. I don't even think they mentioned the bungalows. I think they mentioned the offsite stuff along with RCI at that time along the lines of you can go anywhere with these points.

I'd be surprised if the modern pitch is using Aulani, it's been a losing idea for Disney a really long time at this point. Maybe on the West Coast?
I haven't done a formal sales presentation in a long time but I feel like the books on display in the theme parks are always opened to either Aulani or that close-up shot of the giraffe on the DAKL savanna.

I’m curious, is there something that would stop Disney from adding some of the existing hotel side bungalows to the tower project? It seems to me that it would be a cheap way to add a bunch of points to sell.

I’m curious, is there something that would stop Disney from adding some of the existing hotel side bungalows to the tower project? It seems to me that it would be a cheap way to add a bunch of points to sell.
I think they would need to add it to the current association to do it.

I think that the sales of a contract to medium to large families for an annual visit to a resort that is for most people 2-3 plane rides and 7-15 hours away is a failure.

I think the marketing of the idea of an occasional visit to Aulani is a different thing entirely. Certainly they’ve had no trouble finding renters for the unsold DVC rooms; the resort overall is regularly sold out entirely. I think “you can pick a year and use these points to go to Hawaii for “free” remains a great selling point.

Not sure why they would fight over the longhouses, they are usually always available at 7 months.
The new Poly tower might have smaller studios, or few studios, or studios that cost more points, etc. If the new poly tower is the same association it would make sense to have 1, 2, 3-bedrooms, and a differentiated studio.

The new Poly tower might have smaller studios, or few studios, or studios that cost more points, etc. If the new poly tower is the same association it would make sense to have 1, 2, 3-bedrooms, and a differentiated studio.
No one knows for sure if this will be a separate association or not, my guess is it will be separate. I can't imagine that Disney wouldn't go all out on the new tower. I don't see the point chart being that much higher than Poly, Riv or VGF. I do see the purchase price will be higher though. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't consider buying there if it were the same association because I wouldn't wat to compete with all of the current Polynesian owners who look like a lot of them are trading out at 7 months. VGF and CCV never usually had studios regularly available at 7 months like Polynesian does.

I think “you can pick a year and use these points to go to Hawaii for “free” remains a great selling point.
Yep. For example, in April we are doing Aulani for my daughter’s HS graduation present/trip. We live in Upstste NY and a Hawaiian trip would probably be out of the question without DVC. But since we have the points, Hawaii it is! And the reality is that we probably won’t do Aulani again for a LONG time, if ever. It’s just a really long way to go. Unless we absolutely love Aulani…then we might do it every 10 years or so.

If they are a separate association, expiration will probably be around 2074 or so.

Wonder how that would impact VGF and sales there. If they are separate association, I think Riviera is done for as well. Why bus Riviera when you could buy at Polynesian?

If they are a separate association, expiration will probably be around 2074 or so.

Wonder how that would impact VGF and sales there. If they are separate association, I think Riviera is done for as well. Why bus Riviera when you could buy at Polynesian?
Why would it expire in 2074? DVC could easily make it the same expiration at Riviera, 2070. That’s almost 50 years from now. I don’t see them making PVB2 a longer expiration than Riviera.

They’ve done 50 years for every resort since SSR.
Ahhh, I forgot that. Thanks for the reminder.

I still don’t think that would impact DVC’s decision. Poly and Riviera are two totally different resorts. Different vibes, different location, different everything. Having Poly2 expire 5 years after Riviera isn’t going to impact someone who likes Riviera and wants to buy there.

But in 2042, why couldn’t they just tear down Boulder Ridge, build a new tower, and sell it like Poly2 with its own expiration date in 50 years? If we look at them as separate entities, why do they need to be combined? I don’t quite understand why nearby properties, even those affiliated in some way with their neighbors, need to have their expiration dates in sync.
2 entities makes it impossible to reallocate points when demand changes. I may be wrong, but the 2 associations just ties the hands of DVC in managing the property.

The bungalows are already declared into PVB so they can not be moved out to be part of the tower.
This is a debatable point. If the Poly 2 is the same association, I have read both sides of the arguement if DVC can or cannot reallocate points. Until a reallocation takes place and someone actually challenges we do not really know how the courts will rule.

Last edited:
This is a debatable point. I have read both sides. Until a reallocation takes place and someone actually challenges we do not really know how the courts will rule.
A reallocation of points between studios and bungalows is one thing. But I think OP is talking about actually ripping the bungalows out of PVB1 and assigning them to a separate PVB2 association, which seems pretty cut-and-dried disallowed.

Many PVB1 owners' points represent a share of a specific Bungalow as part of the overall property. That unit - and their ownership interests - can't just be jettisoned out of the physical property.

EDIT: As you say, if it's the same association then they may have more flexibility. I don't think they can, but it is debatable.

This is a debatable point. If the Poly 2 is the same association, I have read both sides of the arguement if DVC can or cannot reallocate points. Until a reallocation takes place and someone actually challenges we do not really know how the courts will rule.

I was referring to it being separate as that was how I interpreted the post.

Meaning move some of the bungalows to be part of Poly tower as a new association so it can be used to sell.

If it is not part of the original Poly, will guest at both DVCs be able to use the pools of the other?

facebook twitter