The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When a restaurant says they are increasing their offerings, it means they’re expanding the menu, not making the size of the meals larger.
Right and the current menu doesn't have one bedroom or 3 bedrooms (and arguably, points comparable 2 bedrooms.) They're not going to have a second menu for new bedrooms.

The lack of 1 br or realistically priced 2 BR for my points range is why I have not considered buying poly points seriously.

But does Disney care? poly1 is already sold out. It will depend on if they think they need to add more studios or not. It seems like studios are a huge part of their DVC strategy so I’m sure the new building will have them.

The lack of 1 br or realistically priced 2 BR for my points range is why I have not considered buying poly points seriously.

But does Disney care? poly1 is already sold out. It will depend on if they think they need to add more studios or not. It seems like studios are a huge part of their DVC strategy so I’m sure the new building will have them.

They will definitely have them to some degree or they’d be doing a lot of dedicated 1 bedrooms.

It really will come down to whether or not they want the resale restrictions to apply. If not, then there really is no need to make it a new association.

Poly 2 could make a premium 1 BR with a second bath, and connect some of them to a pod-style small studio. Then add some dedicated two bedrooms. I think a premium 1br/2ba would command a high point chart and it would have a loyal following. If they put the pods at 0.75 of the studio, and a premium 1br at 2.5 of the studios, it would solve any availability issues. Two connecting long-house studios would be fewer points for those who just need more sleeping areas vs luxury. I have to believe that the 1br market is more about space and luxury than ovens and a W/D due to the points premium.

That would give them pods, studios, 1br, 2br, bungalows, and throw in a few 3br grand villas - to make a balanced resort.

Last edited:
I asked a very reliable source this question - but alas - my Magic 8 ball kept giving inconclusive answers 😜…in all seriousness - I’ve enjoyed this thread and reading everyone’s thoughts and reasonings on the question…

Is the primary reason to have a separate association to implement the restrictions that are on RIV? Are there other reasons that DVC would be inclined to make it separate? I guess I still don't understand why BRV and CCV are separate if they can really offer any contract length they want.

Is the primary reason to have a separate association to implement the restrictions that are on RIV? Are there other reasons that DVC would be inclined to make it separate? I guess I still don't understand why BRV and CCV are separate if they can really offer any contract length they want.
My guess is that Disney will make the decision based on what they think will improve Poly Tower sales.

Does placing Poly Tower in its own association improve its direct sales?

Separately, what about Maintenance Fees?

It’s my understanding that Florida law requires that MF be based on actual cost. As new construction, can DVD get Poly Tower MF costs to line up with the existing PVB MF?

I suspect Disney has not made a firm decision yet.

I don't think it's the primary reason. I do believe that they realized it may have much slower sales if it is the same association. I wouldn't have any interest in it if it was the same. Why buy the new resort if you can have the 11-month booking with resale or any Polynesian points? I think they did it correctly at CCV since it was such a large difference in expiration dates. Plus, they had similar accommodations, where Poly only has studios.

Why buy the new resort if you can have the 11-month booking with resale or any Polynesian points?
I don't think new-versus-existing is going to persuade many would-be resale buyers to become Direct buyers no matter which way they go.

"I want to stay at the Poly and resale is way cheaper than Direct" will be true regardless of how the new points are deeded.

A Direct buyer is a Direct buyer, and I really don't think this decision will meaningfully impact the pace of sales. For every person saying "I'm only interested if it's a new association," there are people saying "I'm only interested if it's the existing association." The tradeoff is whether they want to sell a 42 year contract with no restrictions or a 50 year contract with restrictions.

I don't think new-versus-existing is going to persuade many would-be resale buyers to become Direct buyers no matter which way they go.

"I want to stay at the Poly and resale is way cheaper than Direct" will be true regardless of how the new points are deeded.

A Direct buyer is a Direct buyer, and I really don't think this decision will meaningfully impact the pace of sales. For every person saying "I'm only interested if it's a new association," there are people saying "I'm only interested if it's the existing association." The tradeoff is whether they want to sell a 42 year contract with no restrictions or a 50 year contract with restrictions.
Only problem is, I'm not talking about resale buyers. I'm talking about people buying points at the new resort. If it's the same association, every current owner will be able to book the new resort at 11 months. It will end up being like VGF only reverse. Doesn't make much sense to me, but it's their call.

DVC hasn’t been exercising any ROFR on Poly1 and they’ve already stated it would be an expansion when the new tower was announced. The new tower is very likely not going to be a separate association. Which would mean it also will not have the same resale restrictions as RR.

“Bill Diercksen, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. “Expanding our Disney Vacation Club offerings at the Polynesian would give our Members and Guests yet another incredible option for staying close to the magic while making vacation memories that last a lifetime.””
Having bought Poly resale just recently, my thoughts about the same/separate association have changed more than a few times. I remember seeing Poly direct being sold for $250pp when we first started the purchase process and I thought that was an indication that Poly 1 and Poly 2 would be the same association. I then realized that this may just be Disney pointing potential Poly owners to buy VGF instead. I also thought the lack of ROFR was pointing towards one association because DVC wouldn't want to buy Poly 1 points and then have to add them to the millions of points in the new tower. But I wonder if Poly resale prices were still robust enough that DVC could focus ROFR on other resorts. While a full offering of room sizes would be nice as a Poly 1 resale owner, I don't automatically think the word "expanding" is directly related to Poly DVC, but rather as it relates to DVC in general; it's expands on the DVC experience for direct owners by providing Poly 2 owners the ability to book at 11-months or other direct owners to book at the 7-month mark. Either way, I saved a lot of money buying resale, so the possibility of the new tower being separate would not have persuaded me to buy direct.

Oops, didn’t realize that was blocked site, so I deleted the photo from my post. Are you allowed to post a photo from a blocked site? The photo, though showed the new Polytower, right where it is being built. The post was from 2016,

If a site is filtered, then you can not share any content from that site either.

The debate is interesting and it's funny how I personally feel the opposite about both situations. VGF2 the allure was frankly getting in the back door of VGF1 with a direct contract without resale restrictions. VGF1 resale was also within a near stones throw of the launch direct pricing at the time, so it really felt like direct points at the "cost" of resale.

Poly1 on the other hand is relatively easier to 7 months into, is not currently commanding high resale prices compared to current direct and the Poly2 tower feels far more 'fully baked'. If Poly1 remains separate it feels like Poly2 will be far more exclusive to have the 11 month advantage. If it's the same association it makes Poly in general a fairly large resort with a similar amount of points to OKW and AKL.

It seems to me like more current owners want Poly 2 folded in (because of expanded room variety) and most non-owners interested in a direct purchase prefer they remain separated.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I might be interested in direct if they are separate associations.

As a not-yet-owner, who likes the Polynesian, being able to avoid resale restrictions (Riv-style) if they were in the same association is actually a feather in the cap for a direct purchase. It’s a bit like getting two resorts in one.

If they’re separate, I’d probably lean towards Poly 1 resale over Poly 2 direct. Granted, that could also be the better deal if they are combined… but point being if I had to choose which one to get the 11mo window I do think I’d go Poly Classic.

facebook twitter