*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Boca Chica Construction Update:

Construction Continues on Stairwell of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

grand-flo-construction-3-1200x900.jpg

grand-flo-construction-5-1200x900.jpg

grand-flo-construction-2-1200x900.jpg

grand-flo-construction-1-1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious... has anyone stayed at the VG2 in the room configuration with the sofa bed in the bay window area, two televisions and the closet across from the bathroom entrance?

Just curious... has anyone stayed at the VG2 in the room configuration with the sofa bed in the bay window area, two televisions and the closet across from the bathroom entrance?
What view are these rooms?
Here’s a link to the layout of the 5th floor of the BPK building/studios https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...oridian-units-declared-into-condo-association.
I think there are 4 of the larger studios one each located on floors 2-5 in the turret, all standard view & the one on the 5th floor d/n have a balcony?
I’m sure a few folks have enjoyed a stay in those special turret studios - just not one of ‘us’ yet 😂.
Link to ‘before’ photos w/ one photo showing the exterior 4 turret studios https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-floridian/news/5147-grand-floridian-s-big-pine-key-building.

I'm not sure, but based purely on the shape of the building, I'm thinking some might be facing the courtyard pool and hence be Standard View? speculating 100%

Here’s a link to the layout of the 5th floor of the BPK building/studios https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...oridian-units-declared-into-condo-association.
I think there are 4 of the larger studios one each located on floors 2-5 in the turret, all standard view & the one on the 5th floor d/n have a balcony?
I’m sure a few folks have enjoyed a stay in those special turret studios - just not one of ‘us’ yet 😂.
Link to ‘before’ photos w/ one photo showing the exterior 4 turret studios https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-floridian/news/5147-grand-floridian-s-big-pine-key-building.
I have a stay booked at the end of this month in a standard view. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get one of them. 🤞🏻 Then, I could post the pics.

Thank you! I volunteer for room D! Heheheh ::yes::

We have just purchsed at VGF2 as first time Dvc onwers and will be visiting from the UK for our first ever DVC stay on Sept 5th, we are in a standard view room for 4 nights and am a bit worried about the building work at the building opposite mentioned in other posts and oline videos, we may try to upgrade to a Lagoon view room so that we are facing away from the work going on, there are currently 2 nights of our 4 available to book a Lagoon view, does anybody thing it will be worth moving to a lagoon view (would mean waitlisting the 2 extra days) or that the Standard view should be ok?

I'd try doing that. You might even consider looking often to see if switching to a deluxe studio a night at a time is possible. Cancellations might open up a studio there.

Disappointing, since I expect your wish was to enjoy the new resort studios. In your situation, given that DH is a very light sleeper and likes to nap in the afternoon, we would definitely be looking to do that.

It took something like 4 months to finish BPK. The Boca Chica work appears to be similarly extensive, in line with CEO Chapek's determination to upgrade the GF.

His motive is said to be displeasure at how dated and inferior the GF is compared with the Four Seasons and other nearby luxury hotels. Restoring the Disney flagship to preeminence is said to be the goal.

I'm staying at GFV in Oct. for 5 nights in a dedicated 2 bedroom lakeview.
Any recommended rooms or requests for room placement?

Last edited:
I have a stay booked at the end of this month in a standard view. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get one of them. 🤞🏻 Then, I could post the pics.
Found these on FB. Room #9518
Love the extra sitting room! But, it looks like the desk is missing and it is set up like a HA room. 🤔 And, no balcony! 😔

Attachments

• 1052F834-5EAB-488C-BE15-2B87027A172B.jpeg
    1052F834-5EAB-488C-BE15-2B87027A172B.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 109
  • D61B5F1A-2A38-4470-B777-1A3F74EA2178.jpeg
    D61B5F1A-2A38-4470-B777-1A3F74EA2178.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 101
  • B59ECCC1-61E9-4FBD-8B02-8C32F26E5247.jpeg
    B59ECCC1-61E9-4FBD-8B02-8C32F26E5247.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 0E7E95AE-04DB-47EE-AB75-87780E6491B3.jpeg
    0E7E95AE-04DB-47EE-AB75-87780E6491B3.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 86
Anyone know if the new Big Pine Key resort studios will have access to laundry in that building? Or will those staying there need to walk to the original villas. Thanks :-)
You probably have already found out but there are two washers and two dryers in Big Pine Key. They’re on the first floor, to the right when you enter the lobby of the building. It’s a pretty tight fit in there so the signs to open the door slowly make sense.

Found these on FB. Room #9518
Love the extra sitting room! But, it looks like the desk is missing and it is set up like a HA room. 🤔 And, no balcony! 😔
That looks like it’s the studio w/ the small bump out, on the 5th floor, standard view side. There’ll be another one just like it on the lake view side as well. They’re the studios in green on the diagram. The villas next to the green ones don’t seem to have balconies either. & the rest of the 5th floor studios seem to have smaller balconies than floors 2-4.
I’m guessing the other bump out studio on the lake view side will be 9521. The turret studio in red I’m guessing will be 9516,86F27EF2-C3F4-4B1C-8411-8A9D77548A3A.jpeg

That looks like it’s the studio w/ the small bump out, on the 5th floor, standard view side. There’ll be another one just like it on the lake view side as well. They’re the studios in green on the diagram. The villas next to the green ones don’t seem to have balconies either. & the rest of the 5th floor studios seem to have smaller balconies than floors 2-4.
I’m guessing the other bump out studio on the lake view side will be 9521. The turret studio in red I’m guessing will be 9516,View attachment 681799
If I remember correctly, the red is 9514. The greens are 9517 and 9518.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter