*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Hello VGF owners,

I have a reservation currently for December 22 and 23 for Resort Studio Lagoon view. I’m taking my 75 year old Mom for the first time. She’s never been to Disney. I am waitlisted for The 20th and 21st for both standard and lagoon view for RS. Hoping one of those may come through. (I saw one of them them available when stalking but wasn’t quick enough and someone else grabbed them).

In your opinion, do you think there is a chance these two nights may open up? This is my first time waitlisting anything and I’m wondering how you think the new studios will be with waitlists. Do you think there could be more movement with the newer studios? Or will they be hard to get like the originals? I’m just trying to figure my chances. Thanks for any input!

I think your odds are pretty good if you keep stalking. There are over 4x as many Resort Studios as Deluxe Studios (not to mention they are dedicated, so you also aren’t competing with lock-off 2 BRs).
Thank you! I will book something else just in case we need to do a split stay but I think my Mom would be so charmed by the VGF! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I don’t mind stalking (but not if it has a low chance of success because that is discouraging. Thanks again!

Hey guys! So I was just able to change the 2nd half of my summer trip from CCV to VGF2 lagoon view!! For anyone who has stayed in the new building, do you have any room request suggestions? It would be appreciated!! Thanks!! 😊

So, I am looking on YouTube at videos of room views for Big Pine Key, and this is a standard view, which happens to look directly upon the Boca Chica renovation!! (Sorry about the picture from my television) 😂 It looks like they are already pretty far along with the exterior work, based on this picture. I thought I’d share, for those who were asking about construction.

BB9295F7-0716-4086-8128-C2A5F72F1950.jpeg

Hey guys! So I was just able to change the 2nd half of my summer trip from CCV to VGF2 lagoon view!! For anyone who has stayed in the new building, do you have any room request suggestions? It would be appreciated!! Thanks!! 😊
The only feedback I’ve been reading about is that these rooms are very noisy. So much so the ones that have stayed there are not going to reserve there anymore.

The only feedback I’ve been reading about is that these rooms are very noisy. So much so the ones that have stayed there are not going to reserve there anymore.
So, we were supposed to be at Copper Creek the second part of our trip, however this morning my DH said that he isn’t looking forward to waiting around for a boat every day. I said let me check The Grand for the heck of it, and our exact dates were available! Of course, I grabbed it! We will be at our favorite resort, so I’m not sure there’s anything worth complaining about 😊

So, we were supposed to be at Copper Creek the second part of our trip, however this morning my DH said that he isn’t looking forward to waiting around for a boat every day. I said let me check The Grand for the heck of it, and our exact dates were available! Of course, I grabbed it! We will be at our favorite resort, so I’m not sure there’s anything worth complaining about 😊
Well as long as you can get some sleep then it’s all good! :)

Just a reminder. Please do not share screen shots of data from other sites without including the business link. Thank you.

If your stay is in a standard view then I would request to be on the end closest to the lobby (ie farthest away from boca chica)...If you are a lagoon view then it shouldn't be an issue. Construction noise was loud when we were there at end but I'd still stay there again in a heartbeat, husband will likely want to wait til construction is more finalized though.

If your stay is in a standard view then I would request to be on the end closest to the lobby (ie farthest away from boca chica)...If you are a lagoon view then it shouldn't be an issue. Construction noise was loud when we were there at end but I'd still stay there again in a heartbeat, husband will likely want to wait til construction is more finalized though.
I’m assuming Boca Chica won’t take much longer than BPK took - so about 4 months - & am hopeful they’ll be done by the time I arrive in late Nov.. The Poly tower construction from the original VGF building lake views & some standards may be visible, tho’ but further away & less of a noise issue.

It wasn’t construction noise that people are complaining about. It’s noise from their neighbors. Like paper thin walls.
Umm, we (the person you quoted and I) stayed at VGF2 for 12 nights. Pretty sure she knows what she is talking about. Construction noise in a standard view room, if on the end near Boca Chica is loud. Ever had a stair case being removed at the same time a tree was being cut down? It's not quiet.....

Also, if you read through the couple of VGF2 threads by people who stayed there at the beginning you will find people discussion the construction noise.

ETA: Is there noise from room-to-room and hallway noise? Sure....is it worse than other resorts? That probably all depends on your neighbor. Out of the 12 nights we had one bad night, and that was teenagers in the hallway being loud.

Last edited:
It wasn’t construction noise that people are complaining about. It’s noise from their neighbors. Like paper thin walls.
We were there for 12 days after the opening, the one and only night we ever heard anything from next door was the first night when we had a blogger next to us that was loud. Otherwise over the course of our stay there were multiple groups in the room next to us and we didn't hear a thing out of the room. There was some noise from the hallway from a group of teenagers one night, but honestly the old towel to cover the gap pretty much deals with that. However, there really isn't a way to soundproof the construction noise and that was our problem, especially at the end of the trip when they were demolishing boca chica's staircases and cutting down large trees. Hence why I would suggest being near the lobby and not boca chica so that you don't have to be in the construction zone

Just curious... has anyone stayed at the VG2 in the room configuration with the sofa bed in the bay window area, two televisions and the closet across from the bathroom entrance?
Found these on FB. Rm#9514
5th Floor - No balcony

Attachments

• 114EB8DB-6EE3-4ED5-9BF3-18C751B03E90.jpeg
    114EB8DB-6EE3-4ED5-9BF3-18C751B03E90.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 33BBC40F-BEF0-41FE-BB26-F44572275913.jpeg
    33BBC40F-BEF0-41FE-BB26-F44572275913.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 4326A77D-77B7-4D99-920D-9AE738307871.jpeg
    4326A77D-77B7-4D99-920D-9AE738307871.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 105
  • B7920343-53B4-41E8-8E8F-C9E703F852F1.jpeg
    B7920343-53B4-41E8-8E8F-C9E703F852F1.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 100
We were there for 12 days after the opening, the one and only night we ever heard anything from next door was the first night when we had a blogger next to us that was loud. Otherwise over the course of our stay there were multiple groups in the room next to us and we didn't hear a thing out of the room. There was some noise from the hallway from a group of teenagers one night, but honestly the old towel to cover the gap pretty much deals with that. However, there really isn't a way to soundproof the construction noise and that was our problem, especially at the end of the trip when they were demolishing boca chica's staircases and cutting down large trees. Hence why I would suggest being near the lobby and not boca chica so that you don't have to be in the construction zone
There should be a button in the rooms that electrifies the floor in the hallway for anyone making excessive noise

this is an upgrade I’d gladly pay for time and again

What exactly is a welcome home trip?
If you buy direct and DON'T book anything on your own prior to your welcome home call then MS can help you get rooms that may have not been otherwise available to book w/your points.

Trying to get the hang of this board. Purchased at Grand Floridian and want to book 2 bedroom villa in June. Getting near the 11 month window. Have the following questions:
1. What is a “welcome home trip?
2. How soon after you book do you have to book tickets (waiting for annual passes)
3. Is the lakeview 2 bedroom worth the extra points over the standard view?
4. How do I find out when annual passes are being offered again? I can’t buy one with a weekend blockout.
5. Which restaurant is the most cost effective for a family of 7 for daily dinner?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter