*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I am sure getting things of that volume is an issue...and maybe that is why when they announced the resort studios, they didn't promote a microwave because they knew then it would be difficult to outfit 200 rooms with them....

At least toasters are small and easy for them to house for those that want them vs. microwaves....but yeah, I am just not a fan of single cup coffee...we had one at my house for awhile and realized it just wasn't the same...plus, I drink at least a pot and sometimes a pot and a half a day so much more expensive!!!

I am excited to have them back on my list for stays....thank you DVD for this!!!
Are keurigs in most rooms, or just the new studios? I'm in a one bedroom and planning for coffee is a very important part of my vacation, lol.

I was planning on bringing my own (very particular about coffee here) and not sure if I should bring the single pods or a bag.

Are keurigs in most rooms, or just the new studios? I'm in a one bedroom and planning for coffee is a very important part of my vacation, lol.

I was planning on bringing my own (very particular about coffee here) and not sure if I should bring the single pods or a bag.
All the villas in the original VGF building have the normal Mr. coffee like pots that use the flat bottom filters. I love the 1 br.s @ VGF & always bring coffee & filters to make coffee in the morning.

I'm seeing all the pics and video of the new studios and they look so nice. It's making me want to change my reservation from the deluxe studio to the resort studio. I rented points and emailed the person I rented from to see if we could make a switch and they are all booked up (Thanksgiving week). He was willing to put a waitlist in, so fingers crossed.

I wish I would have asked him earlier, but I am standard view and the standard view from BPK doesn't really appeal to me (I actually hate looking over the pool). Then the Poly tower was announced and the construction from that will probably ruin standard from VGF too, so who knows. I guess I'm going to be dealing with construction no matter where our room ends up.

What I want to know is if the main lobby is going to be under construction soon? I keep hearing rumors. I can't imagine it would be for the holidays, but you never know.

Royal Poinciana?! Never heard of it. Might be something fancy they whipped up for the special occasion? The poster did not have any comments along with the picture.
Quoting myself:

A poster over in the GF thread said they serve it in the RPC lounge.

Many, many thanks yet again for the marvelously detailed resource you've made this thread, mrsap.

I linked to it for a BLT owner asking which VGF studio, DS or RS, may be better for their family with toddler--and gave you a rave for it. :)

Realized when I did that how often I refer back to the opening pages of this thread for info--and invariably find what I need.
So, RAH! :cheer2:RAH! :cheer2: YAY, mrsap! :cheer2: With heartiest thanks for all your work maintaining it, too.:flower3:

Many, many thanks yet again for the marvelously detailed resource you've made this thread, mrsap.

I linked to it for a BLT owner asking which VGF studio, DS or RS, may be better for their family with toddler--and gave you a rave for it. :)

Realized when I did that how often I refer back to the opening pages of this thread for info--and invariably find what I need.
So, RAH! :cheer2:RAH! :cheer2: YAY, mrsap! :cheer2: With heartiest thanks for all your work maintaining it, too.:flower3:
Thank you so much for the kind words! I truly appreciate it. 🥰 I’m happy this thread is helpful to others!

There is a door between the sink area and the shower and toilet. Basically the bathroom is 2 rooms. The glass door looks pretty clear to me.
I've watched a couple youtube videos from folks who've checked in and it seems the sliding door separating the toilet/shower from the sink area could have two panels with what looks like a blue and white paint scheme rather than what appears to be glass in the promotional pictures. Whatever it is, fingers crossed it's not see thru! :eek:

I've watched a couple youtube videos from folks who've checked in and it seems the sliding door separating the toilet/shower from the sink area could have two panels with what looks like a blue and white paint scheme rather than what appears to be glass in the promotional pictures. Whatever it is, fingers crossed it's not see thru! :eek:
No, doesn't look at all see-thru to me upon watching The DVC Fan video tour done by Amy. Looks like a painted panel sliding door, I agree.

Maybe people are mistakenly recalling the sliding glass doors of the tub enclosure as the door separating the double sink space from the tub/shower combo and toilet one. Those doors are clear and blue-tinted, it appears.
You'd need to close the sliding wood-panel door for privacy in the shower or tub for sure.

The promotional photos could have shown a very different style of door between the two compartments in the bathroom. Like artist renderings. I don't remember.

I LOVE Alice In Wonderland and sooooo wish I'd been there to see that.

Oh, well, maybe 1900 PF will reopen before our return next year, and I can see her and Hatter there again.

I'm often tempted to contract with Rent-A-Child :jester:so that I can get into that spectacular Alice-themed water play area.

So cunning how the huge Mad Hatter's tophat fills and then tips and spills out all that water. Looks like such fun to splash there.

Hello! Not an owner but we LOVE GF. We have only stayed in the resort rooms at GF, mostly Sugarloaf. Sorry if I missed a post on this but was wondering if someone could direct me to where I could rent DVC points for an upcoming stay to try out the GF DVC? Thank you for any help!

... if someone could direct me to where I could rent DVC points for an upcoming stay to try out the GF DVC? Thank you for any help!
Click on the toolbar at the top of your screen where it says "DVC."

You'll then see another toolbar with "Rent." And, there you go with a good broker.

You can also deal one-to-one with an owner renting out their points right here on The DIS: https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-transfer.29/

There, you've a start. Have fun! Oh, and start saving up to buy into VGF...because you will. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter