*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We moved our trip up a week when we found out that our daughter had the wrong date for Homecoming and the correct date was the weekend we were in Disney. So we were able to change our flights on Southwest at no additional cost and we were able to get a passholder discount at the same resort, the Wilderness Lodge, although that did cost more money. And then I was able to get the same ADR's for our new dates. I was also able to get the same fastpasses for most of the rides except Slinky Dog Dash. We are losing that one. :( And we also lost our annual passholder special early morning Toy Stoy Land event. :( But all in all I am very pleased that I was able to recreate almost the whole trip at the last minute. Our old dates were 9/19 to 9/23 and our new dates are Sept 12 to Sept 16. :)

We moved our trip up a week when we found out that our daughter had the wrong date for Homecoming and the correct date was the weekend we were in Disney. So we were able to change our flights on Southwest at no additional cost and we were able to get a passholder discount at the same resort, the Wilderness Lodge, although that did cost more money. And then I was able to get the same ADR's for our new dates. I was also able to get the same fastpasses for most of the rides except Slinky Dog Dash. We are losing that one. :( And we also lost our annual passholder special early morning Toy Stoy Land event. :( But all in all I am very pleased that I was able to recreate almost the whole trip at the last minute. Our old dates were 9/19 to 9/23 and our new dates are Sept 12 to Sept 16. :)
Glad you got it worked out! It's crazy at all the availability for dining and rides this close. Makes me very optimistic for low crowds!

We have QS FD and we(I) planned to do one character meal. I'd reserved Bon Voyage. Then a few weeks ago we decided to go down to Orlando on Sat, stay at a hotel and check-in at CBR on Sun. (originally planned on driving into town Sun afternoon) So I was able to get an ADR for Sun at Chef Mickey. I figured it will be a great way to kick off our first WDW trip. I just figured out the OOP costs for the 2 meals and for $2 more we could upgrade our QS to the DDP. Ugh! Decisions! Decisions!
But after I explained it all to my husband, we decided that we'd stick with the QS. My husband's words, "I really want the freedom to eat when we want to eat." Since this is our first trip, I think QS will be best for us but it sure is tempting!! Maybe when we're more seasoned in WDW touring, and our kids are older, then we'll do more TS meals.

We have QS FD and we(I) planned to do one character meal. I'd reserved Bon Voyage. Then a few weeks ago we decided to go down to Orlando on Sat, stay at a hotel and check-in at CBR on Sun. (originally planned on driving into town Sun afternoon) So I was able to get an ADR for Sun at Chef Mickey. I figured it will be a great way to kick off our first WDW trip. I just figured out the OOP costs for the 2 meals and for $2 more we could upgrade our QS to the DDP. Ugh! Decisions! Decisions!
But after I explained it all to my husband, we decided that we'd stick with the QS. My husband's words, "I really want the freedom to eat when we want to eat." Since this is our first trip, I think QS will be best for us but it sure is tempting!! Maybe when we're more seasoned in WDW touring, and our kids are older, then we'll do more TS meals.

Oh man, that is tempting, especially for only $2 more!

The first time we took our kids, we did only 2 TS meals the entire trip. It was great. The second time we took them, we had DDP, and had a TS meal every day. The food was excellent and we had a nice time, but we felt over-scheduled. We felt like we lost some freedom and spontaneity because we were focused on making our ADRs. We also couldn't hop to a different park if wait times were long, etc. Everyone has their own things they enjoy, but for us, scheduling everything around when and where we were supposed to eat just wasn't for us. For our upcoming adults-only trip for our anniversary, we only have 2 ADRs. We may pick up another if it's available and we feel like it, but I think we'll be happy to eat QS and at F&W kiosks.

The first time we took our kids, we did only 2 TS meals the entire trip. It was great. The second time we took them, we had DDP, and had a TS meal every day. The food was excellent and we had a nice time, but we felt over-scheduled. We felt like we lost some freedom and spontaneity because we were focused on making our ADRs. We also couldn't hop to a different park if wait times were long, etc. Everyone has their own things they enjoy, but for us, scheduling everything around when and where we were supposed to eat just wasn't for us. For our upcoming adults-only trip for our anniversary, we only have 2 ADRs. We may pick up another if it's available and we feel like it, but I think we'll be happy to eat QS and at F&W kiosks.

When I planned a trip with my parents in 2015, we made this same mistake and felt restricted with what we could do, when we could do it, etc because we were tied to so many ADR's. For my first solo trip, I only have two ADR's for the entire week - one for breakfast at Boma that I could probably just walk in for and not need the ADR, and one for lunch at BOG. Everything else will be QS or F&W booths. I'm looking forward to trying a lot of places that I've never been to before but have heard great things about!

11 days and I haven't packed a thing. I do have a "Pile" but I like to pack and double, triple check the day before. Now if I could just get 2 more spots for Candy Sushi things would be perfect!! But at least I have 2 spots for my girls.

Wow. I'm 10 days away now and I haven't even thought about packing :rotfl: It's mostly because we live in a tiny flat and don't have space to keep the suitcases out though.

When I planned a trip with my parents in 2015, we made this same mistake and felt restricted with what we could do, when we could do it, etc because we were tied to so many ADR's. For my first solo trip, I only have two ADR's for the entire week - one for breakfast at Boma that I could probably just walk in for and not need the ADR, and one for lunch at BOG. Everything else will be QS or F&W booths. I'm looking forward to trying a lot of places that I've never been to before but have heard great things about!

It's just as well that you've got an ADR at Boma. I've seen on the dining board that the restaurant schedules staff, orders food etc depending on how many reservations they've got, so they could turn you away even though there's available tables in the restaurant if you try to do a walk in.

I LOVE my packing cubes! I've never done a split stay at Disney but I've used them on other multi-segment trips and they were a lifesaver.

Congratulations on your house!! Try to figure out if you can at least pack your cubes by portion of your trip! I feel like it would make the move to resort two much quicker and less stressful if you're not having to pack up everything.
Thanks!!
That is my goal. We have three colors so my plan is use the teal for first few days and combine clothes then second suitcase do purple for mine and grey for his - maybe but all shoes into large suitcase but they are easy to take out and repack quick.

Leaving in 5 days!! (6 days until Disney but we are driving to Atlanta on Friday and flying out from there on Saturday morning.) Not one thing packed except for my small suitcase that I keep filled with stuff from previous trips and it's all a mess. I'll probably start sometime this week. I'm such a huge procrastinator so most likely, I'll start Wed or Thursday lol. Hopefully I will get my butt in gear and start earlier.

GUYS, we leave this week!!

4 more work days and my boss is gone for 3 of them! :D

Got a lot of packing done yesterday and finished up our shopping. Called Southwest to make sure our pre-check info was on our reservation. Confirmed the cat sitter schedule.

Been going through the food and wine app to make my list and strategize. Can't stop watching YouTube videos.

:jumping1:

We leave in 5 days, arrive in 6!!! Driving through Alabama this time for a little change. Will stop in Alabama for the night Friday. Gonna stay at the Red Lion Saturday night and hit Epcot bright and early Sunday. Am so hoping our entire trip isn't a rain fest like it was in May.

I've started checking the weather forecast even though I know it's unpredictable. What else am I supposed to do? LOL

It just says scattered thunderstorms every day, which I take as a good sign. Let's hope it doesn't get crazy.

Today is my single digit day!! :dogdance: Since I still haven't started packing and I have 8 more work days, time should fly by. All of you heading out before me, safe travels.

Iv'e been on My Disney Experience trying to get 2 more spots for Candy Sushi lol

I was able to book 2 spots on MDE for 9/7 on Thursday. It only showed available once I was logged in though. I'm sure you've tried that way but thought I would mention just in case. I hope you're able to get your 2 additional spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter