The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Near skyliner, near elevator, near lobby. lol Those options don't even make sense for a tower studio since they're all in the same "place".
I tried the touring plans option and called for a high floor. When I checked in this morning they had us on a low floor. I’d say the only guaranteed way to get the type of room you want is to check in early and ask at the front desk.

My 19 yo and her friend are staying at Riv this coming weekend. I'd read that walking to CBR skyliner is recommended for making HS rope drop. Is the walking path going to be pretty straight forward / easy to navigate having never walked it before? Or are they likely to have a lot of twists and turns where they don't know which way to go?

Was hoping to request "highest floor" for an upcoming RIV tower studio stay but it's not even an option. What's up with that??!?!

The top floor is accessible rooms. You’ll want at least one floor down. Best method is to call or use Touring Plans.

My 19 yo and her friend are staying at Riv this coming weekend. I'd read that walking to CBR skyliner is recommended for making HS rope drop. Is the walking path going to be pretty straight forward / easy to navigate having never walked it before? Or are they likely to have a lot of twists and turns where they don't know which way to go?

The walking path follows the lake. Just walk past the Riviera station and down through CBR. It will come to a road where you can see the CBR station to the right.

I tried the touring plans option and called for a high floor. When I checked in this morning they had us on a low floor. I’d say the only guaranteed way to get the type of room you want is to check in early and ask at the front desk.

Mondays I would suspect have less turnover thus less rooms for them to pick from to put you in. I could be wrong though but I suspect Sundays and Fridays have the most turnover and better shots at getting your request.

I've had good luck with taking the Riv skyliner to CBR and then going to HS. It's hit or miss depending on your time to get out and the line at Riv.

The path to CBR isn't that long but it does wind around a bit and crosses a minor street (with cross walks). Give yourself some time to get there. I'd suggest walking it out ahead of time to know where you're going.

The path to CBR isn't that long but it does wind around a bit and crosses a minor street (with cross walks). Give yourself some time to get there. I'd suggest walking it out ahead of time to know where you're going.

Honestly just put it in your phone.

The Google Maps app can direct you right there just toggle to walking instead of driving. The DME app should work as well.

Really? Where did you see this?

Both TP and the DIS did tower tours and said they had the top floor. In the videos, there was a bathtub/shower versus the walk-in shower in other tower rooms. The sink was wheelchair accessible too. It was the middle tower, so I don’t know if the other two tower rooms are accessible, but my choice would be the center room for the best view of HS and Epcot. We were on the fifth floor center room in April.

Both TP and the DIS did tower tours and said they had the top floor. In the videos, there was a bathtub/shower versus the walk-in shower in other tower rooms. The sink was wheelchair accessible too. It was the middle tower, so I don’t know if the other two tower rooms are accessible, but my choice would be the center room for the best view of HS and Epcot. We were on the fifth floor center room in April.

Oh okay for the Tower rooms still good info I was just thinking all rooms.

Yeah, I requested a high floor and got ground floor. 🤷🏻‍♀️ No biggie, just an FYI :)

Hi all! We just frantically pulled the trigger on a stay for THIS WEEKEND! We arrive on Friday 7/2 for 3 nights. Tell me what I need to know! We have a Deluxe Studio preferred room. What do you all suggest I request. We have no walking limitations and generally are explorers.

Any advice is appreciated! We are frequent visitors to WDW but always stay at the Poly so this is really a new experience!

Hi all! We just frantically pulled the trigger on a stay for THIS WEEKEND! We arrive on Friday 7/2 for 3 nights. Tell me what I need to know! We have a Deluxe Studio preferred room. What do you all suggest I request. We have no walking limitations and generally are explorers.

Any advice is appreciated! We are frequent visitors to WDW but always stay at the Poly so this is really a new experience!

Close to skyliner and high floor is the two I would suggest.

Make sure to get to Primo as it's the best quick service in property IMO and lots of people love Topolinos but haven't been there yet myself.

Take a walk over to CBR as well and Sebastiáns just reopened with a inexpensive menu.

Close to skyliner and high floor is the two I would suggest.

Make sure to get to Primo as it's the best quick service in property IMO and lots of people love Topolinos but haven't been there yet myself.

Take a walk over to CBR as well and Sebastiáns just reopened with a inexpensive menu.

Thank you! I’m writing this down!
The resort looks amazing!

I'm about a week away from my dining reservation window for our early Sep stay at Riviera. Any idea/experience about which to try to grab first for Topolino's... breakfast or dinner? Doing a few test searches for the end of Aug right now shows a few times still available for dinner, but none for breakfast. So I'm guessing I'll try for my breakfast reservations first. Any thoughts?

I'm about a week away from my dining reservation window for our early Sep stay at Riviera. Any idea/experience about which to try to grab first for Topolino's... breakfast or dinner? Doing a few test searches for the end of Aug right now shows a few times still available for dinner, but none for breakfast. So I'm guessing I'll try for my breakfast reservations first. Any thoughts?
I would definitely try for breakfast first! And as late in your trip as feasible too. I was only able to get an ADR for half of our group of 7 and I was right on at drop time! It all worked out as hubby and I are going to have some Papa and Nana time with our 2.5 yo granddaughter while her parents and aunt and uncle sleep in that morning 😁

Also, don’t debate about the times available. Just make the reservations and decide later which ones better fit your plans. As mentioned, check later in your stay first as you’re competing with fewer guests.

My understanding is that room assignments are made several days prior to check-in, so the front desk CMs are not actually assigning you to a room (unless there is a recovery issue) but just checking you into the room already assigned the week before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter