The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I had major problems at 60+ days at 6am, a few days ago.

For example, the website was telling me, at one point, that there were no restaurants in Epcot with dinner availability at all at 64 days.
But then I refreshed… and 5 restaurants had availability. Refreshed again — no restaurants had availability. Refreshed again — 10 restaurants had tons of availability, almost every time slot. Another refresh— suddenly only 2 restaurants with limited availability. This went on for an hour…

Since we have a large party, I was splitting reservations among 2 DME accounts.
Day 64:
So DME 1: showed Toppolino’s breakfast available for party of 4, at 9:30, 9:40, 9:50, 10, 10:10, etc. nearly wide open availability.
So made the reservation for half our party.
DME2– searched at the exact same time— showed no availability. Refreshed the site 20 times over 10 minutes… then suddenly lots of slots opened up, and I was able to reserve for the other half of my party.

Basically— if you’re seeing no availability for a normal sized party at 65+ days, I’d assume it was a website problem. I’d keep refreshing or calling the dining reservation number.
I've seen this behavior as well. It's aggravating. But I can imagine an actual reason for it, though I have no idea if this is the case.... Perhaps, when someone searches for a restaurant and clicks on an available time slot, they lock that table so no one else can see it while they complete the booking. If the booking is not completed, then it goes back into the available pool after a few minutes. Multiply that by thousands of people trying to book at the same time, and you can certainly expect fluctuations that otherwise look like random system glitches.

I've seen this behavior as well. It's aggravating. But I can imagine an actual reason for it, though I have no idea if this is the case.... Perhaps, when someone searches for a restaurant and clicks on an available time slot, they lock that table so no one else can see it while they complete the booking. If the booking is not completed, then it goes back into the available pool after a few minutes. Multiply that by thousands of people trying to book at the same time, and you can certainly expect fluctuations that otherwise look like random system glitches.

Nah… that wouldn’t be it. Literally, 1 moment, the search would show zero restaurants available at any time slot, all day. Next moment, thousands of slots open. Next moment, zero slots again. It was just certain slots getting locked up.

The system just wasn’t functioning properly.

Hi! I just looked at the Be Out Guest List at the beginning and noticed I wasn’t added to it. Could I please be added July 9-17 2021 2 BR lockoff SV. It’s coming up fast :earsboy:
Thanks!
We will be there overlapping with you a bit. 4 nights July 7-11, 2bd then our last 2 nights at Kidani
Just tried to get reservations for topolinos character breakfast at 60 day mark this morning, and man, it’s impossible! Nothing available the entire week we are there! Is this the new normal?
Yes, until they raise the seating capacity I'm afraid this will be the new normal. I was just like you and made a 4 person ADR at Topolinos but could never get the same time for the remaining 3 in our party. Sigh! As it turns out we will only be 3 people as hubby and I are taking granddaughter and letting her parents and aunt/uncle sleep in!

I have reservations my first night of upcoming trip. It's nice to have another table service option so close to Riviera.

$25/adult is a great deal as well for good food at Disney. Have to let us know how it is.

It was closed back in January so excited to try it on our next trip.

$25/adult is a great deal as well for good food at Disney. Have to let us know how it is.

It was closed back in January so excited to try it on our next trip.

$29… still excellent price.

I’ve heard conflicting accounts as to whether it’s “all you care to enjoy” or not.

I am excited about it. The cocktail list looks great.

I updated the Be Our Guest List! Please let me know if I missed anyone.

I caught up reading this thread! We bought Riviera direct in Feb 2020, just before COVID became a thing, so we have our first trip coming up! We have a 2 BR Lock-off SV from July 9-17th 2021! Could you add us to you list? I also wondered about our view options. I called MS for a different reason once and the CM there put in a request for me for upper floor Epcot view ( I actually think she said 8th floor). Does this seem like the best request? She said she had stayed there and recommended that view. I realize the exact view is just a request, but are there any terrible views that I should be aware of? When I book with cash (at a deluxe) I usually decide view is worth the extra price, but when it coms to points I got frugal and chose a longer stay so I booked standard. I think which view we get for this first stay will help me decide if I should use more points for a better view - if we get a terrible one I may want to book a better vie win the future despite it taking so many more points! It's just such a huge difference.

We're really excited to stay at this resort, when we visited it it was very nice and the sample rooms blew us away. We were debating between CC and Riv, and after seeing the two rooms side by side we agreed that Riv was the way to go for us even though in general the WL is more our theming/style and we hated the resale restrictions. I found the lobby/shop rather small to my liking compared to pretty much all of the other resorts, which disappointed me, but I'm hoping that once we stay there I'll find that I don't even notice it or that I like it more than I expected to. I am fully expecting to go broke in that shop even though it's small, I want everything in it haha!

Hi! I just looked at the Be Out Guest List at the beginning and noticed I wasn’t added to it. Could I please be added July 9-17 2021 2 BR lockoff SV. It’s coming up fast :earsboy:
Thanks!

You are there now. Sorry, just underwater with work. Lol. And I think once you stay, the lobby feels more homey. :-)

We will be there, too!
Lorana: February 18-22, 2 Bedroom LO SV

First stay as owners. So excited!

Added and Welcome Home!

We will be visiting Jan 17th - 22nd, our first visit to Riviera - so excited to stay at our home resort!

We were originally booked at a standard view but when the skyliner refurb was announced we were able to move our trip a week earlier, just switched to a preferred view instead.

Do you mind adding me to the be our guest roll call? Thank you :)

Added! If you want to tell me what size room, I can add that too, if you want. Welcome Home!

Are there outdoor grills anywhere at Riviera? We usually like to cook a meal or 2 while on vacation. In my world, all meat should be grilled. Am I out of luck at Riviera? I searched everywhere and don't see outdoor grills.
I have never seen any in person or on the map. I don't think so.

We are finishing up our first Riviera trip today, and this resort has totally grown on me. To be honest, I was underwhelmed and slightly disappointed when we first got here. Nothing specific, it just felt “meh”. But after four nights here, I’m totally hooked and looking to add more points, lol. I love the subtle details and the “feel” of this place, really sad to leave!

I agree! I think it does grow on you because you really have to sit and enjoy it to realize how charming it is.

Just tried to get reservations for topolinos character breakfast at 60 day mark this morning, and man, it’s impossible! Nothing available the entire week we are there! Is this the new normal?
I think just for now as they haven't quite ended distancing in restaurants or been able to staff up to regular levels. I agree with PP about the times and to keep checking. If it gets closer with no luck, there are a few dining reservations services that will alert you to openings. Mouse Dining will email you for free, but I had more luck with their paid text service.

$29… still excellent price.

I’ve heard conflicting accounts as to whether it’s “all you care to enjoy” or not.

I am excited about it. The cocktail list looks great.
In the blog sethschroeder posted, they brought him 2nds of the steak, but the coconut shrimp add-on is not free to refill. I tend to prefer an a la carte menu but the food still looked really good family style. I'm definitely plotting to squeeze it in on a future trip!

Added and Welcome Home!
Thank you!!

I'm so excited because we are going with a bunch of our friends to celebrate our anniversary (and celebrate being able to be back at Disney with everyone!) -- all told, there will be 5 rooms at RIV (our 2BR LO, another 2 BR, 2 Standard Studios, and 1 Tower room). Two other friends will be staying at CBR, and three other rooms booked at AKV (1 BR and 2 Value Studios). CANNOT WAIT!!!

I've visited but not stayed at Riviera, and am so excited to finally "go home." :)

Anyone know how to get the TV to recognize a chrome cast? I can't figure out how to get the TV out of hospitality mode despite using codes I've found on the internet and when I change the input to the correct HDMI input it doesn't show up.

Anyone know how to get the TV to recognize a chrome cast? I can't figure out how to get the TV out of hospitality mode despite using codes I've found on the internet and when I change the input to the correct HDMI input it doesn't show up.

They should have chromecast built in if I am not mistaken?

How are you powering the chromecast plugging in to wall the USB port might not supply enough power? You are positive its outputting an image possibly try a factory reset of the chromecast?

https://www.themeparkprofessor.com/2020/04/walt-disney-worlds-innovative-new-resort-televisions/
Example:

Was hoping to request "highest floor" for an upcoming RIV tower studio stay but it's not even an option. What's up with that??!?!

Near skyliner, near elevator, near lobby. lol Those options don't even make sense for a tower studio since they're all in the same "place".

Nah its splits the 3 rooms hahaha.

Its interesting that is the option for whatever reason. Maybe because 99% of people would request high floor so they want to make it seem like you got your request?

I just use TouringPlans for my request personally so you can really type whatever you want almost and they have codes they put in that they work with Disney on.

They should have chromecast built in if I am not mistaken?

How are you powering the chromecast plugging in to wall the USB port might not supply enough power? You are positive its outputting an image possibly try a factory reset of the chromecast?

https://www.themeparkprofessor.com/2020/04/walt-disney-worlds-innovative-new-resort-televisions/
Example:
View attachment 585326
Thank you. I am plugging it into the wall. I can’t cast certain apps from my iPhone which is why I’m trying to use the chrome cast on a different hdmi port. Not sure why it’s not working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter