The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Our flight gets in early & we should arrive at the resort by 9 am. Is there an area for us to change so that we can swim since our room won't be ready?

Our flight gets in early & we should arrive at the resort by 9 am. Is there an area for us to change so that we can swim since our room won't be ready?

There are bathrooms to the side of the bar, kind of across from the child play area - The doors in the women's (I don't know what the men's room looks like) have a nice tight fit with tall, dressing room type doors.

Is there an area for us to change so that we can swim since our room won't be ready?

If you head away from the lobby past Voyageurs Lounge, there are bathrooms in that hallway on the left including a large family bathroom that was plenty big enough to change in. There is also a big bench across from the bathrooms and plenty of hallway space to open your luggage and grab what you need.

It is possible to visit the Riv by car these days? We are staying at Kidani and would like to stop by. I mean, they are interested in selling me a new contract, right?

You would probably need to set up a DVC room tour to get in. You can call 1855.232.0142 to set up an appointment time or try calling before you leave AK to let them know you want to come by. They always had two or three DVC cast members in the lobby giving tours and answering questions.

Looking to pull the trigger on a 200 point purchase to add to BLT 250 points and SSR 315 points....

Please tell me everything, any thing....
If you never do studio standard view or never do a full week in the same resort ignore this comment but…
If you’re thinking about doing 200-ish points you might consider getting a guaranteed week as part of your points - 1) As more and more contracts hit the resale market, booking likely will get harder since they can only book at Riviera. So if you have a particular time you like to visit, not having to worry about booking is nice! (You can always cancel the week and use the points however you want) and 2) it carries that guaranteed week designation when being resold which will fetch a higher resale price.

interesting, but that would never work for me…
im used to booking 11 month in advance…
also looking at 200 point two do a two bedroom every other year…
then a 2 bedroom at BLT on the off years …. And either rent ssr or go there for short notice trips

Hi! We are here for 1 night next month in a Deluxe Studio before our Cruise!! Is all of the information about it in this thread? Thank you! What is included etc

Hi! We are here for 1 night next month in a Deluxe Studio before our Cruise!! Is all of the information about it in this thread? Thank you! What is included etc

Maybe I am confused what are you ask? There is a good amount of info in the thread and others can answer questions you might have.

Heads up you can do a "tour" of skyliner to Epcot, walk over to Boardwalk/Beach Club, boat over to Hollywood Studios, skyliner to Carribean Beach, and then walk back to Riviera. That is something free to do without hitting the parks.

Maybe I am confused what are you ask? There is a good amount of info in the thread and others can answer questions you might have.

Heads up you can do a "tour" of skyliner to Epcot, walk over to Boardwalk/Beach Club, boat over to Hollywood Studios, skyliner to Carribean Beach, and then walk back to Riviera. That is something free to do without hitting the parks.
Thanks that helps we will take a ride on the skyliner! We have reservations at the Boathouse too!

My sister and I will be staying in a tower room from 10/31-11/7. I’ve stayed in a one-bedroom last fall, so I understand the tower will be considerably smaller lol. Other than camping at Fort Wilderness, this will be her first stay in a resort. We’re actually super excited to be staying in the tower and my fingers are crossed that the Monte cristo sandwich makes a comeback!

My sister and I will be staying in a tower room from 10/31-11/7. I’ve stayed in a one-bedroom last fall, so I understand the tower will be considerably smaller lol. Other than camping at Fort Wilderness, this will be her first stay in a resort. We’re actually super excited to be staying in the tower and my fingers are crossed that the Monte cristo sandwich makes a comeback!
We toured a tower studio room when we were there last week. It will be comfortable for the two of you. The bathroom is large and the couch/bed converts easily so you can put it up during the day to have an area to sit. We had a deluxe studio because our son was with us but I would stay there if it was just me and my husband or me and a girlfriend.

I did online check in for our stay starting Friday, which I have never done before. We are planning on swimming at SAB (1 night stay at the BCV prior to checking in for 8 nights) as long as we feel like it, and then going over to riviera. If I get our room number and it isn’t at all what we requested, what number would I call (I wouldn’t want to/be able to go over yet) to see if there is a chance they could move us? I know I’ve read about people doing that at other resorts, like if they get their room text before they get on a flight so they call. Normally I would go check in early to see if our request was granted amd to ask about a possible change if it wasn’t, but given our plans that isn’t practical this trip. I know it wouldn’t be likely, but since there are 9 of us there for 8 nights I would like to at least try to be moved if it isn’t granted at first 😊.

I did online check in for our stay starting Friday, which I have never done before. We are planning on swimming at SAB (1 night stay at the BCV prior to checking in for 8 nights) as long as we feel like it, and then going over to riviera. If I get our room number and it isn’t at all what we requested, what number would I call (I wouldn’t want to/be able to go over yet) to see if there is a chance they could move us? I know I’ve read about people doing that at other resorts, like if they get their room text before they get on a flight so they call. Normally I would go check in early to see if our request was granted amd to ask about a possible change if it wasn’t, but given our plans that isn’t practical this trip. I know it wouldn’t be likely, but since there are 9 of us there for 8 nights I would like to at least try to be moved if it isn’t granted at first 😊.
I don't know if anything has changed post-pandemic, but a few years ago we just called down to the front desk. It's entirely dependent on there being available rooms, though.

In our case I think we had a bathtub that wouldn't drain or something, so we were given a recovery room, but we were also very glad to move from a Juliet balcony to a full-sized one (this was at the Beach Club Villas).

I don't know if anything has changed post-pandemic, but a few years ago we just called down to the front desk. It's entirely dependent on there being available rooms, though.

In our case I think we had a bathtub that wouldn't drain or something, so we were given a recovery room, but we were also very glad to move from a Juliet balcony to a full-sized one (this was at the Beach Club Villas).
Is there a front desk number? I guess I’ll just google it, the only number I know is the general Disney number to book any reservation. I had thought you couldn’t call a hotel directly, that all calls went to an offsite call center. Maybe that doesn’t matter, as long as they can at least check and see if anything else happens to be available.

eta: because we won’t be there yet unless our room isn’t available until really late, we’ll still be swimming at SAB. Maybe I should try to take the sky liner over and just check in/check on our room assignment in person in the morning while everyone else starts swimming.

Does anyone know if the solid colored Magic Bands are available to purchase at the store at Riviera?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter