**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
2tinkerbell said:
I woke up this morning super excited! 27 days and counting until we leave and 25 days until the big reveal. I now have the best idea for the reveal - from a thread here.

Our only problem is going to be to see Elsa and Anna with the new FP system they are trying out. We have early morning Character breakfasts scheduled both mornings. We aren't rope drop type people anyway. By the time we get to DL, the FP will either be gone or the return time too late. Oh well, my DD saw them in January and she will have the opportunity to see them in May 2015. Can't do everything all the time.

So exciting! I'm at 32 days and am pumped! How are you planning to reveal the surprise? :)

So exciting! I'm at 32 days and am pumped! How are you planning to reveal the surprise? :)

We are having a family birthday party on the Sunday before we leave. I am wrapping a mylar balloon filled with helium in a box along with a notebook of the itinery, hotel accommodations, airline tickets, etc. When she opens the box the balloon will pop out with a tag that says, "You're going to Disneyland!"
Oh, and one more thing in the box, she loves Vera Bradley and she has been wanting a particular purse/wallet crossbody handbag for some time now. She saw it the other day and I purchased it with the understanding that her Aunt would give it to her for her birthday. Well, the Aunt has already purchased the "asked for" birthday present. So I will have the purse/wallet in the box with a Disney gift card inside the box too.

The problem with rope drop for us is that my DD absolutely has to have breakfast first thing. If she doesn't then the rest of the day is shot. She just doesn't have it together enough. We even have breakfast before checking out what Santa brought on Christmas morning. Crazy, but, it works and so that is what happens.

I think that I am more excited for the trip than I think DD will be. I've always wanted to stay at the DLH.

2tinkerbell….I love the reveal plans---so exciting!:thumbsup2

What a great idea with the balloons, as well as the Vera Bradley purse/wallet! Your DD can't help but be pleased!

I think you will really enjoy the DLH---it's so fun to stay at a dreamed of/longed for destination!::yes::

Joining this thread!!!

We will be there Oct 24th-Nov 2nd at HOJO

This is our first time attending two parties!!! we have tickets for Oct 27th and the main day Oct 31st.

Making a paper chain tonight to count down the days.
Started watching "must see before going to Disneyland" movies last night. That should keep us sane until we get there haha

Anyone else have countdown rituals before a trip??

We do the same thing you do, CheshireGato---pull out a few favorite Disney movies we haven't watched in a while!:thumbsup2

We also listen to lots of Visions Fantastic Radio, and decide which Disney CDs to listen to in the car, while we travel!

We've never done a countdown chain, but that sounds fun!!!:)

Sooo Soo pumped ! :banana:

Was pouting that my DS would not join his Brother, DDIL, DW and I in Disney, as he was moving to a new city and starting his career.... Turns out that he now starts work 1 week after our trip, and has decided to join us for our week in Disneyland!:cool1:

Gonna be a great time! Looking forward to our first Halloween decorated Disney, and all the fun and adventure. Can hardly believe that we will be there in less than 25 days.

If you see me wandering around (you can not miss my Mickey Sorcerer Tattoo on the back of my left leg, see my profile photo) say hello!

BTW am I excited! You bet....

I get to embarass 3 kids while entering Disneyland!

That's great!!! Sharing the park with family always seems to make it better.

And yes, if anyone sees me don't hesitate to say hello!! My avatar is a couple of years old and I have added a few more tattoos haha.
Does anyone know if there are buttons or anything that I can wear to identify myself as a DIS member?

It looks like there won't be a Fantasmic show on 10/16. :sad1: Totally bummed! I really wanted to share that with my kiddos! We had originally planned to go the previous Thursday, and wouldn't you know, that's the Thursday they have Fantasmic on the calendar! I'm know we'll still have a blast, but that would have been awesome!

I have been in a ridiculously good mood all day solely due to the fact that it's 1 month exactly until we are in DL :cool1: I love the fact that people here not only understand but feel the same way!!!

All info is Updated to here. :)

Eek it's past 1am. Need to get to bed lol

Night all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ill be there oct 7-9. Dca on the 7th an dl on 8th. Im bringing my mom, my friend and her 2 yr old son. Moms been there more times then i can count but itll be my friend an her sons first time. I think im more excited then they are.

Our family is arriving at DL on 10/18 and will be there though 10/25. We are going to Mickey Halloween Party on 10/24. We will be in the parks on the 20th, 21st, 23rd and the 24th. This will be our 8th trip since my daughter was born, she is now 15! But this is our first visit during Halloween time, I'm pretty excited about seeing it during the Halloween season. We went in 2012 during the Christmas season and that was beautiful. Disney knows how to do holidays!

info updated to here :)

welcome, makes me happy to see so many new travellers. there are getting to be quite a few of us here, anyone interested in meetups?? not sure who all would be interested??

if you haven't already, add your Touring Dates - Which Park - What Days, and i can add them to the checkin, then maybe see if there are groups of us in the same place at the same time who might want to plan a little meetup

Love to meet up. We are from Germany ans stay at the Fairfield Inn 10/24-10/28. Never been to DLC or CA before..so excited

So excited to be joining this thread!

My husband and I are taking our 2 year old also Disney obsessed daughter to DL for the first time. Oct 31-Nov 3. We are going for the Not So Scary party on Halloween night... still figuring out where we are staying. Usually we would stay on-property but since it's spur of the moment and a tad too pricey, we are debating between Quality Inn & Suites or Carousel Inn.

My daughter may only be 2 but she is very advanced in terms of speech (can make full 8-9 word sentences)... she LOVES Disney. She asks to watch Disneyland YouTube videos, her favorite princess is Cinderella and Merida, she is right now in a huge Finding Nemo, Tangled, and Toy Story phase. But her all time favorite is Alice in Wonderland probably. ha! This will be me and hubby's first Disney trip in 4 years. It will be my 15th-ish trip to DL and my husband's 3rd.

Looking forward to talking about our upcoming trips together!

Loving all this info!!! We'll be there from Oct. 4th - Oct. 9th, with tickets to MHP on Oct. 8th.

Super excited!! First time we'll be there during the Halloween season! :hyper:

That's great!!! Sharing the park with family always seems to make it better.

And yes, if anyone sees me don't hesitate to say hello!! My avatar is a couple of years old and I have added a few more tattoos haha.
Does anyone know if there are buttons or anything that I can wear to identify myself as a DIS member?

The standard DIS identification is a lime green Mickey head. Last trip I made about a 4"x4" one out of card stock and hung it on my bag and someone said hello. It was fun to see someone I'd seen posting on the boards.

Regarding i.d. If you should decide to use an image of the Cheshire kitty, do keep in mind, that from time to time people might not be able to see it because the Cheshire breed of cats are infamous for disappearing at will, so it would be a good idea to have a backup form of i.d.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter