<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

We just came back from WDW and we had this great dessert at Kona. I think that is was called the volcano? It was similar to the Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef, but no liquor on the center. I was wondering if anybody has the recipie for the Kona dessert and what it's called.

Thanks.

Hello fellow Disney Foodies! Just came across this thread, WOW!! I wish I would have known about this sooner. I too collect disney recipes like others who collect pins.
Had an amazing Quinoa Salad in 12-2007 at Crystal Palace, no not the one with shrimp, and have not found any recipe close to it. I am sorry, my wonky brain can no longer remember all that was in it. I think just veggies and a vinaigrette type dressing. The mediterranean sald there is off the charts! :banana:

Also, I have seached, to no avail, for the Chocolate crepes with Creme de Mint mousse filling the WDW Castle used to serve in the late 70's early eighties. My mom (then a single mom) and I would always stop by there to eat there and always share the crepes. We would go even if it were just for dessert. You know the days you could actually walk up, no reservation, and get a table. :rotfl2:

Thanks to everyone who maintains this thread!! Appreciate all the time and effort. :flower3: subbing.

I absolutely loved the tomato and mozzarella sandwich from the BW Bakery. We were at the BC earlier this month, I had this sandwich three times (twice because I did not care for my dinner).

Obviously, the sandwich is pretty simple, but I can't figure out what kind tomatoes the used or how they were prepared. I will be forever grateful to whoever finds the recipe! :worship:

This might be a bit too much work, but is there any possiblilty of having a Special diet directory included? Ie which of the recipes are GF, milk free etc?

I understand if it's too much work, just thought I'd ask....

Does anyone know of a substitute for the Orange fruit smoothie? What are you using and where did you get it?
I didn't try this recipe but would imagine since the suggested substitute is a frozen drink mix, one should try and find an orange punch type drink that tastes like a creamiscle.

We just came back from WDW and we had this great dessert at Kona. I think that is was called the volcano? It was similar to the Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef, but no liquor on the center. I was wondering if anybody has the recipie for the Kona dessert and what it's called.

This may have been posted but I can't load the index page to check.

Volcano Dessert
from Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Polynesian
Yield: 8 -6oz portions

2 cups Heavy cream
8 oz White chocolate
2 ea Egg yolks
10 oz Sugar
10 oz Exotic fruit puree (mango/pineapple/passion fruit/lemon)
1 oz. Cocoa Powder
1. Melt white chocolate at room temperature
2. Whip egg yolks with sugar until creamy texture.
3. Puree tropical fruits and mix with egg mixture.
4. Add white chocolate
5. Whip heavy cream until a creamy consistency, but not quite firm and fold into batch.
6. Pour into small molds and freeze until completely frozen.
7. Turn over the frozen molds onto a serving platter and dust with cocoa powder.
8. Serve with your favorite tropical and berry sauce.

Im looking for the receipt to Raglan Road's bangers and mashed? Does anyone have it? Thanks.

Bangers and mash is sausage and mashed potatoes. The sausages used at Raglan can be purchased at Tommy Moloneys under Kevin Dundon's brand name "Glenbrody". You can use the mashed potaotes from his similar recipe for Dublin Coddle.

doyles_dublin_coddle.jpg

Dublin Coddle
Serves 4

450 g/1 lb potatoes, well scrubbed
225 g/8 oz rindless streaky bacon, cut into lardoons
1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 large carrot, diced
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish
400 ml/14 fl oz vegetable stock
4 large butcher-style sausages
3 tbsp milk
25 g/1 oz butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cover the potatoes with cold water in a pan and add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until completely tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.

Heat a pan and sauté the bacon the pan for 2-3 minutes until it has begun to release its fat. Add the leek, carrot and thyme and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until softened but not coloured.

Pour the vegetable stock into the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes until the liquid has slightly reduced and the vegetables are completely tender.

Heat a griddle pan and cook the sausages for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and well marked.

Drain the potatoes in a colander and then peel while they are still hot. Push through a potato ricer or sieve using a spatula. Quickly heat the milk in a pan. Beat the butter into the warm mashed potato and then add enough milk to make a smooth but firm puree. Season to taste.

To Serve: Using two tablespoons, shape the potato puree into quenelles and arrange two in each warmed wide rimmed serving bowl. Spoon around the bacon and vegetable mixture. Cut the sausages on the diagonal and arrange on top. Scatter over the thyme leaves to garnish.

Also, I have seached, to no avail, for the Chocolate crepes with Creme de Mint mousse filling the WDW Castle used to serve in the late 70's early eighties. My mom (then a single mom) and I would always stop by there to eat there and always share the crepes. We would go even if it were just for dessert. You know the days you could actually walk up, no reservation, and get a table. :rotfl2:

Thanks to everyone who maintains this thread!! Appreciate all the time and effort. :flower3: subbing.

That sounds so good! I checked the Cooking with Mickey Volume 2 (1992) and it's not listed. It might be in the first published cookbook from 1986 so you'd need to check with someone who has it.

As I posted previously, WDW Guest services doesn't seem to be currently fulfilling recipe requests, so it would be cool to see this thread become a place where people who have been to the theme parks and have managed to get a recipe from the restaurant (because they asked for it), to share them. That's the main way I've gotten recipes in the past and anyone can do it. You can also try writing guest services and see if they are more forthcoming.

We just got back from WDW and we ate at Tutto Italia for lunch one day. My husband ordered the Casarecci (per the waitress recommendation). I picked the lagasna which I really didn't like as much as his pasta. I asked for the recipe but the waitress said "no". I've search the internet in hopes of finding the recipe but no luck so far. So, I'd like to request it if possible.

Thanks, Tina

because they asked for it[/I]), to share them. That's the main way I've gotten recipes in the past and anyone can do it. You can also try writing guest services and see if they are more forthcoming.

Thanks Tatania I will check!! We are going to WDW in Dec and would be happy to ask. PM a list or I can PM you my email.

We just got back from WDW and we ate at Tutto Italia for lunch one day. My husband ordered the Casarecci (per the waitress recommendation). I picked the lagasna which I really didn't like as much as his pasta. I asked for the recipe but the waitress said "no". I've search the internet in hopes of finding the recipe but no luck so far. So, I'd like to request it if possible.

Thanks, Tina

You have to accept the fact that sometimes the chef will not share a recipe.

Casarecci is a shape of pasta like shells or fussili. What type of sauce was it dressed with? You may have better luck trying to duplicate the dish at home if you could find the sauce.

Thanks Tatania I will check!! We are going to WDW in Dec and would be happy to ask. PM a list or I can PM you my email.

I'm going in Sept. and will also see what I can do. The request list is post #5 on the index thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 and it would be fabulous if either of us could get any new recipes.

That may be the new Disney policy now. I sure hope not, but it's the feeling I get from the Guest relations response as well.

Casarecci is a shape of pasta like shells or fussili. What type of sauce was it dressed with? You may have better luck trying to duplicate the dish at home if you could find the sauce.
I think you are right. I really want to find a good Italian cookbook as I really like this type of dish but I don't find it often in regular Italian cookbooks we have here.

Anyways... it was a very light cream tomato based sauce. Per the menu description is says: Cavatellia Pasta, Sweet sausage, tomatoes & Pecorino Romano. It was delicious...

I think you are right. I really want to find a good Italian cookbook as I really like this type of dish but I don't find it often in regular Italian cookbooks we have here.

Anyways... it was a very light cream tomato based sauce. Per the menu description is says: Cavatellia Pasta, Sweet sausage, tomatoes & Pecorino Romano. It was delicious...

This is their Pomodoro sauce, maybe you can start with that. Add a bit of cream and some cheese along with the sausage? :confused3

Tutto Italia Pomodoro Sauce

Yield: 2 quarts

Ingredients:

4 1 # Cans Imported Plum Tomatoes in Tomato Sauce
1 large Yellow Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
2 teaspoons Ground White Pepper
6 Leaves Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped

Method of Preparation:
Crush the tomatoes by hand in a large bowl, by squeezing them. Cook the onions in the olive oil until clear over medium heat in a heavy bottomed 12 quart sauce pan. Add the garlic and cook till just fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add basil leaves, and remove from heat. Serve.

Now I'm not sure what a 1# can is. :confused3 I use the 36 oz can (tuttorosso brand) that is readily available in most grocery stores and it was perfect.

Now I'm not sure what a 1# can is.

A plain #1 can is about 11 ounces.
A tall #1 and a square #1 are 16 ounces.

I found a URL but I don't have enough posts to post it. Google it if you want to know more.

I think calling a can a #1 is an older way of cooking. I think I'll stick with ounces. :)

A plain #1 can is about 11 ounces.
A tall #1 and a square #1 are 16 ounces.

I found a URL but I don't have enough posts to post it. Google it if you want to know more.

I think calling a can a #1 is an older way of cooking. I think I'll stick with ounces. :)

great information, but the post says 1#, not #1. I think it's supposed to be 1 pound

This might be a bit too much work, but is there any possiblilty of having a Special diet directory included? Ie which of the recipes are GF, milk free etc?

I understand if it's too much work, just thought I'd ask....

That would be a great idea as I know this question gets asked fairly often. It will require actually going back through all 183 pages & reviewing the recipes, which would take far longer than just listing the recipes did. Maybe if we used a team approach where different people would volunteer to go through a bunch of pages & send me the info? Otherwise I can’t see this getting completed any time soon.

Here are a few Disneyland recipes from Magical Kingdoms.

Bananas Foster Shortcake
Blue Bayou, DL
Yield: 4 servings

Biscuits
2 oz Brie cheese, diced
2½ cups Bisquick
1/3 cups sugar
¾ cups water

Sauce
1 Tbsp butter
4 large bananas, cut into ½” slices
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup + 3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp dark rum
2 Tbsp banana liqueur

Garnish
Whipped cream
Fresh mint sprigs

Preheat oven to 400°F. To make the biscuits, add together the diced cheese, Bisquick and sugar, mix well. Add the water and mix thoroughly to make a wet batter. Drop the batter in 4 mounds onto a greased cookie sheet and bake on the top rack for 20 minutes or until cooked through (when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean). Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the bananas for about 3 minutes. Add the sugars and stir until melted. Add the cream and, stirring constantly, cook over high heat until it reaches a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Add the rum and banana liqueur. To serve, cut the cooled biscuits from the top two thirds of the way down, open it up and pour the sauce into the center of the biscuit. Serve with whipped cream and mint sprig.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =
Smoked Chicken Salad
Café Orleans, DL

Radicchio
Romaine
Celery
Jicama
Cherry tomatoes
Orange slices
Apple pieces
Smoked chicken breast, cut into pieces

Combine all ingredients in salad bowl. Top salad mix with smoked chicken breast pieces and garnish with walnuts and fresh chives. Serve with ginger honey-mustard dressing.

Ginger Honey-Mustard Dressing
Yield: 1 quart

3 oz ginger root
2 oz egg yolks or pasteurized egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters*
1 1/8 oz honey
18 oz olive oil
1 oz dijon mustard
1 oz apple cider
½ oz salt
1/3 oz pepper
Juice of three limes

Blend all ingredients together.

Caesar Salad
Club 33, DL
Yield: 2 servings

Freshly ground pepper
1 medium size garlic clove
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 coddled egg, cooked for 1 minute in shell
¾ tsp. Dijon mustard
1 head (medium) crisp Romaine lettuce, torn into 2 inch square pieces
½ cup croutons
½ lemon
Parmesan cheese

In a small bowl, mix one round of freshly ground pepper, garlic clove crushed with a fork or put through a press, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, egg and mustard. Dry lettuce in a salad spinner or a linen napkin and place in large salad bowl. Add croutons. Squeeze juice of lemon over greens and mix lightly. Add egg dressing and mix well. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Serve at once.
White Godiva, Dark Chocolate Celebration
Club 33, DL

Chocolate Terrine
1 oz. canola oil
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate (or Hershey Bar)*
8½ oz. unsalted butter, cubed
4 large eggs, separated
4 large egg yolks
1½ cups confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup heavy cream
2 tsp. granulated sugar*

* If you use the Hershey Bar, do not add granulated sugar

Lightly oil a 12 x 4, 3-inch-high, terrine mold. Line with plastic wrap and set aside. Find a metal bowl that fits comfortably in a saucepan. Melt chocolate and butter together in the metal bowl over lightly simmering water (not boiling), stirring from time to time. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. When chocolate is warm enough to touch, stir in 8 egg yolks until well combined (you'll know they're well combined when the mixture is the same color throughout). Sift in the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder, and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl until it forms soft peaks, then refrigerate. Beat the 4 egg whites and granulated sugar
together in another bowl till soft peaks form. (You can also use a stand mixer for this step.) Fold in the egg whites and then fold in the cold whipping cream. Pour your chocolate into the terrine mold and fold over the plastic wrap to cover the top. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours (3 days is best). When ready to serve, flip over terrine mold and the terrine should fall out (you can tug on the plastic to wiggle it out, if necessary). Remove the plastic and slice with a thin sharp knife that has been sitting in hot water. Wipe the knife after each slice. Serve each portion topped with White Godiva Vanilla Sauce. [recipe below]

White Godiva Vanilla Sauce
½ cup sugar
5 large egg yolks
1½ cups whole milk
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
½ cup Godiva white chocolate liqueur

In a metal bowl, whisk sugar and egg yolks together. Combine the milk and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil (be careful not to let them scorch – check the bottom of the pan frequently with a wooden spoon). Slowly pour ¼ cup of hot milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the milk and return to heat. Whisk in the liqueur and cook on low heat until first signs of boiling (stir constantly). Quickly strain the sauce into a bowl and cover with plastic. Place in refrigerator to cool.

Index has been updated through this post.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get a hold of the recipe for the cornbread from the Celebration Roundup Barbeque at DLR?? We've been craving it seriously since we came home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter