<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

0509l.jpg

Chocolate Caramel Tart
From the kitchens of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort

Ingredients for Sweet Dough:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Each Whole Eggs (slightly beaten)
1 Cup Butter

Ingredients for Chocolate Tart Filling:
1/2 Cup Chocolate Bar (chopped)
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream

Ingredients for Caramel Cream:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Cup Whipped Cream

Method of Preparation for Sweet Dough:
With an electric mixer, cream the butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add the eggs in three stages, scraping the bowl between each stage. Store the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour before using. Line a tart ring with the sweet dough and bake in a 350° oven for approximately 10 minutes until the dough is golden brown.

Method of Preparation for Chocolate Tart Filling:
Heat the cream up to a boil and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Mix with a rubber spatula until all the chocolate is melted and combined. Pour the mix into the baked tart shell up to the top. Lit it cool down and set completely before garnishing.

Method of Preparation for Caramel Cream:
In a hot pan, cook the sugar until it melts and reaches a light amber color. Slowly add the heavy cream to the caramel stirring constantly. Any lumps of caramel can be boiled out of this mix. Cool down the caramel mix and then fold in the whipped cream. Spoon the caramel cream in to the top of the tart as a garnish.

Presentation:
Place the garnished tart in the center of a serving plate. Decorate the plate with chocolate, caramel and chopped nuts of your choice. Serve.

Serves: 4

Keeping them all in one place...This recipe was posted in response to a request for the spaghetti sauce served at Wolfgang Express in DTD. It was taken from Wolfgang's site & not specifically marked as being used at Disney; however, the OP tried it & thought it was the right one.

Could it be this recipe? :stir:

http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipes/view/3518/Wolfgang-s-Hearty-Beef-Bolognese-Sauce

WOLFGANG’S HEARTY BEEF BOLOGNESE SAUCE

ABOUT THIS RECIPE: An essential ingredient in classic beef lasagna but great with spaghetti, linguine or fettucine, this is perhaps the quintessential Italian sauce.

Yield: 7 cups

Ingredients

• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons minced shallots
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 5 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored, blanched, peeled, seeded and chopped
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 bouquet garni made up of 2 sprigs each rosemary, basil, parsley,1 sprig oregano, 2 bay leaves, 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
  • 1 medium onion, finely diced
  • 1 medium carrot, finely diced
  • 1 medium celery stalk, finely diced
  • 2 Cups chicken stock
Instructions

1. In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add ground beef and sauté until browned, breaking up the large chunks of meat as they cook. Season with salt and pepper. Add shallots and garlic, continue cooking for about 3 more minutes or until shallots are soft.
  2. Add red wine and deglaze pan, reduce until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
  3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and bouquet garni. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
  4. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion, carrot and celery. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
  5. Add sautéed vegetables along with chicken stock to meat sauce and simmer for another 30 minutes until meat sauce is rich and thickened. Season to taste, if necessary.

NOTE: Beef bolognese sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated in a covered container for 2 to 3 days in refrigerator or frozen for up to 3 months.
recipe_resized_1e51efe77447ca51ee48678b9b42f687.jpg

I bought a package of 3 macaroon cookies at the Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot and I would love to get the recipe if anyone has it.

The recipes are listed here along with a page number. I don't see anything linked -- to the individual recipes or to, perhaps, a zipped tome of them. Please, how do I access the recipes? I'm new to this forum today. Thanks.

The recipes are listed here along with a page number. I don't see anything linked -- to the individual recipes or to, perhaps, a zipped tome of them. Please, how do I access the recipes? I'm new to this forum today. Thanks.

First, :welcome: to the boards! Especially our little corner of the world. ;) Feel free to ask for help; I think you'll find us a friendly group. :)

The listing in the first post hasn't been updated for quite some time. A complete index can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 It's organized in two sets: 1st two posts are by course & posts 7 & 8 are by restaurant.

After you find the page number in the index thread, come back here & find the right page. Unfortunately, they're not linked & that can take a couple minutes...only about 20 pages numbers are displayed at a time at the top of the thread. Again, you'd have to scroll down or use <CTRL>+<F> to search the page.

Hope that helps!

Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot sell these cookies and they are so good and easy to make! Thank you Tatania and Alissa! I made two batches of these over the weekend and they were a big sucess. I used my Kitchen Aid bowl over a pan of hot water for my baine marie and I used my silicone sheets instead of parchment paper.

Chefs de France
Coconut Macaroons
Yield: 2 dozen

Ingredients:
4 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup flour
3 cups sweetened shredded coconut

Method:

In a steel bowl over a bain marie whisk together egg whites, sugar & salt. When mixture is creamy, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, flour & coconut, let mixture set.

Preheat oven to 325, line baking sheet with parchment paper and place mounds of the batter on parchment. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Is there a recipe here for the Crystal Palace Vegetable Frittata? I saw the Grand Floridian Café one. I also saw someone requesting for the Crystal Palace frittata in the thread somewhere before, but, I'm not sure if the recipe was ever posted? I had it during our week at Disney and it was sooo yummy~ I'm craving it again already! :lovestruc

Wanted to request a couple of recipes...

Liberty tree Tavern - Pilgrim's Feast Brown Gravy & Strawberry Shortcake

Bengal Barbecue - Chieftain Chicken Skewer & Polynesian Sauce

Thanks to everyone who has posted recipes! :thumbsup2

I've added the following requests to our list (see post #5 at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 )

Is there a recipe here for the Crystal Palace Vegetable Frittata? I saw the Grand Floridian Café one. I also saw someone requesting for the Crystal Palace frittata in the thread somewhere before, but, I'm not sure if the recipe was ever posted? I had it during our week at Disney and it was sooo yummy~ I'm craving it again already! :lovestruc
Miako - This one is still on our request list & as far as I know, no one has posted it yet. I'd written to ask for it a while ago, but haven't heard. Perhaps you'd like to try? See the suggestions for making requests in post #4 of the index.

I found these recipes from the Magic Kingdom Restaurants over on the Magical Kingdoms Web site:

Amber Waves of Grain
Liberty Tree Tavern
Yield: 1 serving
3 oz zucchini
3 oz yellow squash, coin cut
2 oz red pepper, 1"x2"
2 oz shiitake mushrooms
2 oz broccoli florets
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 oz bulgaru2 oz buckwheat
4 oz white rice
1 Tbsp herb oil
4 oz roasted vegetable sauce (below)
Salt & pepper, to taste

Cook all rice, bulgur, and buckwheat as directed on box, then combine. Set aside and keep hot. Sauté all vegetables in oil and garlic until tender. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. To serve, pour sauce evenly over plate, then mound rice mixture in middle. Top with vegetables.

Roasted Vegetable Sauce
Yield: 1 gallon

1 #10 can diced tomatoes
2 oz chopped garlic
4 oz basil pesto
1 can roasted peppers
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp salt

Combine ingredients, roast in oven for 20 minutes. Puree with blender.

= = = = = = = = = =
Caramel Apple Pie
Liberty Tree Tavern

6 oz. Apple Filling
3 oz. Shortbread crust (below)
4 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 t. Powdered sugar
1 oz. Caramel sauce (below)

Portion shortbread crust into 3oz. balls, then roll out to 1/8-inch thickness and put in small tins. Fill crust with 6oz. Apple filling, fold crust edges over apples in random a manner. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Keep pie warm in warmer. At time of service plate on star plate, dust with powdered sugar, then top with caramel sauce and serve with ice cream.

Shortbread Crust
Yield: 3 pounds

1 lb Butter
6 oz. Sugar
1/4 t salt
4 oz. Eggs
1.5 lb Flour

Cream butter, sugar, and salt together in mixer. Add eggs gradually until incorporated. Finally add flour to mixture and make dough. Remove dough and refrigerate.

Caramel Sauce
Yield: 1.5 pounds

1 lb Sugar
1/4 qt. Heavy cream
0.5 oz. water

Add water and sugar it a pot and carmelize sugar to a golden brown. Add cream into carmelized sugar at lowered heat (gradually) until smooth. Cool.

= = = = = = = = = =
Clam Chowder
Liberty Tree Tavern

1 lb Margarine
¾ lb All-purpose flour
1 can (23 oz) Clam juice
1 can (25 oz) Clams, chopped
1½ cups diced Celery
1½ cups diced Onions
1½ cups diced Green pepper
1 2/3 qts hot Milk
1 2/3 ozs Salt
¼ tsp ground White pepper
¼ tsp ground Thyme
1½ cups diced Potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)

With melted margarine, combine celery and onions, cook for 5 minutes or until transparent.

Add flour to make roux and mix until smooth.

Let it cook for a few minutes, then add hot clams and juice and half of the hot milk. Mix until all the flour lumps are smooth. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes.

Add green peppers, potatoes and seasonings. Combine, cook until potatoes and peppers are done, then add the remainder of the milk.

= = = = = = = = = =
Flank Steak Marinade
Liberty Tree Tavern

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons coriander
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons oregano, dried

Combine all ingredients then store in a sealed container. Rub steak with marinade and let sit in cooler for at least one hour. Steak can marinate for 24 hours in advance. Roast steak off in 350° oven for about 15 minutes. Steak will be cooked medium.

Yield: serves 6

= = = = = = = = = =
Lemon Strawberry Trifle
Liberty Tree Tavern

3 oz. Lemon Curd (below)
3 oz. Fresh Sliced Strawberry
3 oz. Lemon Pound Cake cut into ½ inch squares (below)
1 oz. Whipped Cream

In the Liberty Tree Mug. Place 1½ oz. of Lemon Curd on the bottom of the mug. Then place 1½ oz. of strawberries on the lemon curd. Now place the pound cake on the strawberries. Repeat the whole process one more time and finish with a final layer of lemon curd. Garnish with whipped cream and 2 strawberry slices.

Lemon Curd

12 each Large Eggs
½ cup Orange Juice
½ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
3 cups Sugar
16 tbsp. Butter
1 qt. Whipping cream

In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange juice until blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture just comes to a boil. The mixture will thicken. Remove from heat and immediately pour through a strainer to remove any lumps. Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into mixture until the butter has melted. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools. When mixture is cooled fold in whipped cream. When finished cover, label, date, and refrigerate.

Lemon Pound Cake

5½ cup Cold Water
6 ea. Whole eggs
6 ea. Egg yolks
¾ cup oil
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Grated Lemon
3 tbsp. Lemon extract

Mix ¾ of the water, oil, lemon rind, and lemon extract together. Add eggs to the above mixture. Add the remaining water. Beat until fluffy. Bake in 350 degree DECK oven for 1.5 hrs.

= = = = = = = = = =
Sally Lunn Rolls
Liberty Tree Tavern

1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup water
4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 packages active yeast
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 each 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 in loaf pans. Heat milk, shortening, and water until very warm; about 120°. The shortening doesn't need to melt. Combine 1 1/3 cups of flour and the sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Add the warm liquids to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add 2/3 cups of flour and the eggs. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of flour. Mix well. The batter will be thick but not stiff. Cover the dough and let rise in a warm, draft free place (85°) until it doubles in bulk, about 1 1/4 hours. Punch the dough down and divide it between the prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place until it has increased in bulk from 1/3 to 1/2. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on racks.

= = = = = = = = = =
William Penn Pasta
Liberty Tree Tavern

1 oz Light olive oil
1 tsp Fresh chopped garlic
2 oz Applewood smoked bacon
5 oz Crimini mushrooms, sliced
5 oz Chicken breast, sliced very thin
6 oz Penne pasta, cooked
4 oz Marinara sauce
4 oz Heavy whipping cream
2 oz Fresh baby spinach
To taste Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Cook pasta according to package instructions and cool. Heat a non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and bacon; cook until bacon is crispy, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook for about 3 more minutes until mushrooms are soft. Add chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Add heavy cream, marinara, pasta and cook, stirring constantly. for 2-3 minutes until sauce has thickened and pasta is heated through. Add spinach and stri in until just wilted. Season to taste and serve.

= = = = = = = = = =
Yankee Pot Roast
Liberty Tree Tavern

2 oz Butter
1/2 oz Garlic
1/2 lb Carrots, peeled and diced
3/4 lb Onions, diced
1/2 oz Thyme, fresh minced
1 lb Button mushrooms, sliced
6 lb Beef roast, chuck
3 oz Flour
4 cups Beef broth
1/2 each Celery
2 cups Tomatoes, diced
1 cup Burgundy wine

In a braising pan, add butter and brown the meat, after browned remove and drain the meat. Add the flour to the pan, stir the remaining butter and flour together and continue cooking until flour is lightly brown. Add the burgundy wine, the beef stock, tomatoes, diced carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms. Add fresh thyme. Add the meat back into the pan and simmer for 40 minutes to an hour until meat is tender.

= = = = = = = = = =
Vegetarian Chili
Columbia Harbor House

1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup diced red onions
1 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup diced fresh carrots
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 quart water
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 1/2 cup canned great northern beans
2 cups canned diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups canned pinto beans
1/4 cup black olive wedges
1 1/2 cups canned black beans
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Heat large saucepot until hot. Add olive oil, then peppers, celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Add corn, tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, seasonings, jalapeno peppers, and water. Bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch with a little water and stir into pot to thicken. Add drained beans to the pot. Cook until heated through. Check flavor and adjust seasonings to taste.

[bi]Index complete through this post.[/b]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone who has posted recipes! :thumbsup2

I've added the following requests to our list (see post #5 at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 )

Miako - This one is still on our request list & as far as I know, no one has posted it yet. I'd written to ask for it a while ago, but haven't heard. Perhaps you'd like to try? See the suggestions for making requests in post #4 of the index.

I found these recipes from the Magic Kingdom Restaurants over on the Magical Kingdoms Web site:

Amber Waves of Grain
Liberty Tree Tavern
Yield: 1 serving

3 oz zucchini
3 oz yellow squash, coin cut
2 oz red pepper, 1"x2"
2 oz shiitake mushrooms
2 oz broccoli florets
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 oz bulgaru2 oz buckwheat
4 oz white rice
1 Tbsp herb oil
4 oz roasted vegetable sauce (below)
Salt & pepper, to taste

Cook all rice, bulgur, and buckwheat as directed on box, then combine. Set aside and keep hot. Sauté all vegetables in oil and garlic until tender. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. To serve, pour sauce evenly over plate, then mound rice mixture in middle. Top with vegetables.

Roasted Vegetable Sauce

1 #10 can diced tomatoes
2 oz chopped garlic
4 oz basil pesto
1 can roasted peppers
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp salt

Combine ingredients, roast in oven for 20 minutes. Puree with blender.

= = = = = = = = = =
Caramel Apple Pie
Liberty Tree Tavern

6 oz. Apple Filling
3 oz. Shortbread crust (below)
4 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 t. Powdered sugar
1 oz. Caramel sauce (below)

Portion shortbread crust into 3oz. balls, then roll out to 1/8-inch thickness and put in small tins. Fill crust with 6oz. Apple filling, fold crust edges over apples in random a manner. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Keep pie warm in warmer. At time of service plate on star plate, dust with powdered sugar, then top with caramel sauce and serve with ice cream.

Shortbread Crust
Yield: 3 pounds

1 lb Butter
6 oz. Sugar
1/4 t salt
4 oz. Eggs
1.5 lb Flour

Cream butter, sugar, and salt together in mixer. Add eggs gradually until incorporated. Finally add flour to mixture and make dough. Remove dough and refrigerate.

Caramel Sauce
Yield: 1.5 pounds

1 lb Sugar
1/4 qt. Heavy cream
0.5 oz. water

Add water and sugar it a pot and carmelize sugar to a golden brown. Add cream into carmelized sugar at lowered heat (gradually) until smooth. Cool.

= = = = = = = = = =
Clam Chowder
Liberty Tree Tavern

1 lb Margarine
¾ lb All-purpose flour
1 can (23 oz) Clam juice
1 can (25 oz) Clams, chopped
1½ cups diced Celery
1½ cups diced Onions
1½ cups diced Green pepper
1 2/3 qts hot Milk
1 2/3 ozs Salt
¼ tsp ground White pepper
¼ tsp ground Thyme
1½ cups diced Potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)

With melted margarine, combine celery and onions, cook for 5 minutes or until transparent. Add flour to make roux and mix until smooth. Let it cook for a few minutes, then add hot clams and juice and half of the hot milk. Mix until all the flour lumps are smooth. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes. Add green peppers, potatoes and seasonings. Combine, cook until potatoes and peppers are done, then add the remainder of the milk.

= = = = = = = = = =
Flank Steak Marinade
Liberty Tree Tavern
Yield: serves 6

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons coriander
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons oregano, dried

Combine all ingredients then store in a sealed container. Rub steak with marinade and let sit in cooler for at least one hour. Steak can marinate for 24 hours in advance. Roast steak off in 350° oven for about 15 minutes. Steak will be cooked medium.

= = = = = = = = = =
Lemon Strawberry Trifle
Liberty Tree Tavern

3 oz. Lemon Curd (below)
3 oz. Fresh Sliced Strawberry
3 oz. Lemon Pound Cake cut into ½ inch squares (below)
1 oz. Whipped Cream

In the Liberty Tree Mug. Place 1½ oz. of Lemon Curd on the bottom of the mug. Then place 1½ oz. of strawberries on the lemon curd. Now place the pound cake on the strawberries. Repeat the whole process one more time and finish with a final layer of lemon curd. Garnish with whipped cream and 2 strawberry slices.

Lemon Curd

12 each Large Eggs
½ cup Orange Juice
½ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
3 cups Sugar
16 tbsp. Butter
1 qt. Whipping cream

In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange juice until blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture just comes to a boil. The mixture will thicken. Remove from heat and immediately pour through a strainer to remove any lumps. Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into mixture until the butter has melted. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools. When mixture is cooled fold in whipped cream. When finished cover, label, date, and refrigerate.

Lemon Pound Cake

5½ cup Cold Water
6 ea. Whole eggs
6 ea. Egg yolks
¾ cup oil
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Grated Lemon
3 tbsp. Lemon extract

Mix ¾ of the water, oil, lemon rind, and lemon extract together. Add eggs to the above mixture. Add the remaining water. Beat until fluffy. Bake in 350 degree DECK oven for 1.5 hrs.

= = = = = = = = = =
Sally Lunn Rolls
Liberty Tree Tavern

1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup water
4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 packages active yeast
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 each 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 in loaf pans. Heat milk, shortening, and water until very warm; about 120°. The shortening doesn't need to melt. Combine 1 1/3 cups of flour and the sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Add the warm liquids to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add 2/3 cups of flour and the eggs. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of flour. Mix well. The batter will be thick but not stiff. Cover the dough and let rise in a warm, draft free place (85°) until it doubles in bulk, about 1 1/4 hours. Punch the dough down and divide it between the prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place until it has increased in bulk from 1/3 to 1/2. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on racks.

= = = = = = = = = =
Yankee Pot Roast
Liberty Tree Tavern

2 oz Butter
1/2 oz Garlic
1/2 lb Carrots, peeled and diced
3/4 lb Onions, diced
1/2 oz Thyme, fresh minced
1 lb Button mushrooms, sliced
6 lb Beef roast, chuck
3 oz Flour
4 cups Beef broth
1/2 each Celery
2 cups Tomatoes, diced
1 cup Burgundy wine

In a braising pan, add butter and brown the meat, after browned remove and drain the meat. Add the flour to the pan, stir the remaining butter and flour together and continue cooking until flour is lightly brown. Add the burgundy wine, the beef stock, tomatoes, diced carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms. Add fresh thyme. Add the meat back into the pan and simmer for 40 minutes to an hour until meat is tender.

= = = = = = = = = =
Vegetarian Chili
Columbia Harbor House

1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup diced red onions
1 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup diced fresh carrots
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 quart water
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 1/2 cup canned great northern beans
2 cups canned diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups canned pinto beans
1/4 cup black olive wedges
1 1/2 cups canned black beans
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Heat large saucepot until hot. Add olive oil, then peppers, celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Add corn, tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, seasonings, jalapeno peppers, and water. Bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch with a little water and stir into pot to thicken. Add drained beans to the pot. Cook until heated through. Check flavor and adjust seasonings to taste.

Index complete through this post.

A question from another thread regarding Kona's Sticky Wings. Can someone please help her?
I found the recipe for them but don't understand....

Do I poach the chicken and then fry it? Anyone made these??

Thanks PiratesMate!! :flower3:You work so hard on this thread and making it so we can access the recipes easily. Its really nice to be able to have a little piece of Disney at home. Especially now with the economy soo bad and maybe you can't go at least you can make some favorites and relive past trips.

Does anyone have the recipe for the Wolfgang Puck Creme Brule? I had it (and others) and it was the best I had at WDW. Delicious!

Does anyone have the recipe for the Wolfgang Puck Creme Brule? I had it (and others) and it was the best I had at WDW. Delicious!

The Wolfgang Puck website has a Crème Brulée recipe that he uses in his Crème Brulée Tart. This might be what he also uses for his normal Crème Brulée.

Also, I'll PM you a contact at his restaurant in Orlando who is very good at responding to recipe requests.

Crème Brulée
Wolfgang Puck
Serves 8

6 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups cups heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

At least 8 hours ahead or the night before, make the Crème Brulée: In a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water but not touching the water, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture is light and thick enough to form a ribbon. This takes quite a long time; be strong and patient. Remove the bowl from the heat.

Carefully whisk in the cream. Add the vanilla bean. Place the bowl back over the saucepan, reduce the heat to low, and cook gently for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon and checking that the water does not boil. The custard will be done when the mixture is thick enough to adhere to the spoon without dripping. When the custard is done, remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the butter, a little at a time, until all of it has been incorporated. Pour and press the custard through a fine strainer into a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, heat a caramel iron on the burner of a stove. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top and carefully caramelize the sugar with the hot iron. Alternately, place the tart under a hot broiler, near the heat, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sugar caramelizes. Or use a small blow torch to caramelize the sugar, following the manufacturer’s directions.

This is such a great thread!! I have read so many fantastic recipes!!! I did not see two that I have been looking for, can anyone help?

I am looking for the recipe for the little fruit tarts that we had at 1900 Park Fare. I think they may be served other places also. They had blueberries, raspberries and I think mandarin oranges on top.

I would also like the recipe for the chocolate peanut butter cake served at the Sci-Fi.

Any help would be appreciated!!:)

Has anyone posted the Popcorn Mahi recipe from GF Cafe? I FINALLY got it after asking about 9 months ago :cool1:

Oooo, please share this recipe! :)

lflax said:
<snip>I am looking for the recipe for the little fruit tarts that we had at 1900 Park Fare. I think they may be served other places also. They had blueberries, raspberries and I think mandarin oranges on top.

I would also like the recipe for the chocolate peanut butter cake served at the Sci-Fi.<snip>

I've added your request for the tarts to our list in the index: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 The chocolate peanut butter cake has already been requested. Hopefully someone will hear back soon about that one.

I picked up a few more recipes from the Magical Kingdoms website - this time from the Cruise Line section since this is the area in which we have the fewest recipes. I'm not sure whether they're abysmally hard to get or if it's just that fewer people cruise than go to the parks.

Peanut Butter Pie
DCL, Animator's Palette
Yield: 8 servings

1½ cups creamy peanut butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup heavy cream, whipped stiff
1 baked 8- inch pie shell

With an electric mixer, blend the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the melted butter to peanut butter mixture, then fold in whipped cream. Pour into the baked pie shell and refrigerate for 1 hour. Glaze with Ganache (recipe below) if desired.

Ganache

½ cup heavy cream
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in chocolate until no streaks of white remain. Cool unto lukewarm, then glaze cake. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Grand Marnier Soufflé with Chocolate Sauce
DCL, Lumiere's /Triton's
8 - 4oz ramekins

For coating the ramekins
3 oz Melted butter
4 oz Sugar
Brush melted butter in the insides of the ramekins and coat it with sugar.

Dough
Half pint Milk
2 oz Butter
4 oz Flour
6 Yolks
Pinch Orange zest

Meringue
3 oz Sugar
5 Egg white
Half oz Corn starch (Optional)

Grand Marnier Sauce
Half pint Cream
Half pint Milk
Half pint Water
1 pound Chocolate
2 oz Cocoa powder
8 oz Sugar
1 oz Corn starch
3 fl oz Grand Marnier

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Herb-Crusted Sea Bass
DCL, Lumiere's /Triton's
Yield: 4 servings

Mushroom Duxelles
1 pound button mushrooms
1 shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup white wine

Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
Finely chop the mushrooms to about 1/16" in thickness. Sauté the chopped shallots in the olive oil, add the mushrooms and wine, and cook gently until all the excess liquid has evaporated. Add the salt and ground white pepper. Reserve and chill.

Tomato Concasse
4 beefsteak tomatoes
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup Riesling wine
Coarse salt, to taste

Remove the core from top of each tomato, then cut an X skin-deep in the bottom of each tomato. Bring 3 cups of water to a rolling boil in a small saucepan. Submerge each tomato, one at a time, into the boiling water for 10 to 15 seconds, then put into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Peel the skin off, then cut in half and remove the seeds. Cut into 1/4" pieces. Sauté the onions in the olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat until soft. Add the white wine and salt and cook until liquid is reduced by half (to 4 tablespoons). Add the tomatoes and gently simmer for about 12 minutes, until all excess liquid has evaporated. Put aside and chill.

Herb Crust
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon brandy
1 tablespoon Pernot
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 whole egg

Mix all the ingredients thoroughly; set aside at room temperature.

Sea Bass
4 sea bass (6 ounces each), cut into 2" x 3" pieces
Preheat the oven to 350°F Place the sea bass on a baking sheet and spread the Mushroom Duxelles on top. Spread the Tomato Concasse on top of the Mushroom duxelles, then place the Herb Crust on top. Place the sea bass in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the fish is firm and the crust is golden.

Cooks Note: this impressive dish is perfect for dinner parties, as the mushrooms, tomato sauce, and herb crust all can be prepared ahead of time.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Cold Cream of Mango & Papaya
DCL, Parrot Cay

Mango
Papaya
Vanilla Ice cream
Syrup
Passion fruit paste
Garnish:
Fresh Mint leaf
Deseed Mango and Papaya, blend all the ingredients together to smooth consistency and chill. Serve chilled with a garnish of a Mint leaf.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Baked Lobster Tail with Saffron Rice
DCL, Special Dinner

Seasoned Butter

½ cup (1 stick) butter
1½ teaspoons paprika
2 small garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup brandy
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Place all the ingredients for the seasoned butter in a blender and whip until the butter doubles in volume; set aside.

Saffron Rice

1 medium onion, finely chopped
½ cup white wine
1 cup parcooked long-grain rice, such as Uncle Ben's Converted Rice
1 2/3 cups chicken or vegetable stock (if using canned stock, choose low-sodium)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 pinch fresh saffron (6 stamens) placed in 2 tablespoons of white wine
Lemon wedges, for garnish

Sauté the onion in saucepan until transparent, add the white wine, and reduced by two thirds. Add the rice. Add the chicken or vegetable stock, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for about 18 minutes, until the rice has a "bite" and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Add the saffron-white wine mixture, and stir in thoroughly. Stir in remaining Seasoned Butter from the cooked lobster.

Lobster

4 lobster tails, 8 ounces each
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a pair of kitchen shears cut a lengthwise slit in the lobster shells. Pull the lobster-tail meat up and out of each shell, keeping the tails connected at the back. Season with salt and pepper, and brush meat with olive oil.
Place the lobster tails meat side down in a preheated sauté pan. Sear the outsides of the tail meat briefly, then place on a baking sheet. Spread the tail meat with the Seasoned Butter, then place in a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the meat thermometer registers 150°F.

To serve:
Place the rice in the center of the plate. Top with lobster. Garnish with lemon.

Cook's note: Since this recipe uses only the tail, look for spiny rock lobsters, which have most of the meat in the heavy tail. If you buy live lobsters, place in the refrigerator (but not directly on ice) until ready to cook.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Chocolate Lava Cake
DCL, Special Dinner
Yield: 14 portions

1 lb Unsalted Butter
7 oz Chocolate
6 oz Whole Egg
4 oz Granulated Sugar
3 oz Flour
3 oz Egg Yolk

Melt butter in a bain Marie. Add chocolate to melt. Whisk egg yolks, whole egg and sugar together gently. Add to above. Add sieved flour to above. Place mixture in small moulds flexi pans - approx 3oz per mould. Bake for approximately 14 mins at 380°F

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Chilled-to-the-bone Honeydew Melon & Mango Soup

Honeydew melon, peeled and de-seeded
Mangos,peeled and chopped
Clear honey
Whole milk
Plain yogurt
Sour cream
Lemon - juiced

Puree all the ingredients together and served in a chilled bowl. Garnish: mint leaves, sour cream

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Bahama Mama

½ oz White Rum
½ oz Meyers Rum
½ oz Creme De Banana
½ oz Malibu Rum
2 oz O.J.
2 oz Pineapple Juice
Dash of Grenadine

Mix all ingredients together.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Corey Byrne's Mum's Pavlova

5 Egg Whites
1 1/2 Cups of superfine Sugar
1 Tsp. White Vinegar
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Whipped Cream
1 1/2 Cups Raspberries
4 Passion Fruit

Whisk Egg Whites to a Soft Peak. Slowly add Sugar and Continue Whisking . Whisk in Vinegar and Vanilla. Place on a Greased Plate/Tray and Bake for 2 1/2 hours on 220 degrees Fahrenheit. When time is finished leave Pavlova in oven to cool. Push in the Top of the Pavlova. Fill in the hole with Whipped Cream. Top with raspberries and passion fruit.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Stollen Bread

18 lbs Bread Flour
2 lbs Sugar
10 oz Instant dry yeast
6 oz. Salt
2lbs Butter
1 litre Eggs
4 litres Milk
500 ml Water

Mix all the dry ingredients together in the mixing bowl.
Add the milk and eggs and water in the mixture. Mix them for four minutes at the slow speed. Mix the dough to the soft consistency. The butter to be added to the dough at the end of the mixing. Rest the dough for 1hr, after dividing it in the two pound pieces. Roll out the dough into a rectangle at 4mm thickness and apply the almond filling evenly all over. Starting from one end roll the dough into a rope. Divide in two by cutting length wise through the middle. Cut into portions to fit the banana bread mold then taking the 2 divided pieces criss cross them into a rope try to keep the open face (filling side) facing the top while knotting it into a rope. Place into banana bread mold and proof the dough until doubled in size. Cover the top with butter struzzel. Bake the bread. Cut the loaf once it has properly cooled.

Almond Filling
2 oz Almond Flour
3 oz Milk
1 oz Soft butter
12 oz Almond Paste

Mix the almond paste and butter together until soft add milk little at a time until all of it is incorporated. Finally add the almond flour into the mix.

Butter Struzzel
4oz Butter
4oz Sugar
8oz Flour
1/4tsp Baking powder
Zest of 1/4 lemon

Cream the butter and sugar until the mix is light in color but the sugar granules are still visible. Sieve together the dry ingredients and fold into the butter mix.

Baking Temperature - 375°F
Prepare the almond paste. Make sure the milk is warm before starting the mix. Banana bread mold is half moon shape molds. They are one feet in length.

Index updated through this post.

This is such a great thread!! I have read so many fantastic recipes!!! I did not see two that I have been looking for, can anyone help?

I am looking for the recipe for the little fruit tarts that we had at 1900 Park Fare. I think they may be served other places also. They had blueberries, raspberries and I think mandarin oranges on top.

I would also like the recipe for the chocolate peanut butter cake served at the Sci-Fi.

Any help would be appreciated!!:)

I think there's been a change in WDW guest services policy towards passing on recipe requests. Probably all part of new efficiencies trying to save time and money. I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences but right now they seem to send out a form letter in response to requests saying:
"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the [whatever] at [restaurant] at Disney's [theme park]. Unfortunately, we do not have recipes available to share with our guests. You may wish to contact our Mail Order Merchandise as they do offer several different cookbooks with some of our most requested
recipes in them.
Mail Order Merchandise may also be contacted etc.
Again, we are sorry this is not the favorable response you were
anticipating, however we appreciate your understanding."

As regards the Popcorn Mahi recipe they wrote: "We do apologize, and after several attempts, we are unfortunately unable to get this recipe for you, we do not keep recipes on file at this office. "

If it was sent to DoodlesMom, then hopefully she'll come back and post it one day.

Anyway, what I'm hoping is that this thread can turn into a place where people who went to one of the parks and took the time to ask for a recipe at a Disney restaurant will come and post it - assuming the chefs will still give it out in person. There doesn't seem to be much point in posting requests for new dishes IF Guest Relations is now sending the same form response to these requests. I know several times in the past, posters have promised to try and get requested recipes while visiting the parks. Perhaps they weren't able to because I didn't see them come back and post anything.

I'm going to Disney World during the Food and Wine Festival and will see if I can get any recipes but I won't be spending as much time and effort doing it as I did on my last visit because this time I've got my sister along for her first visit to the Park and we'll be busy visiting the attractions.

I'm also waiting for the requests I put in at 4 restaurants. I wrote to Disney Guest Relations tonight and hinted that in return for filling out questionnaires are really expect to hear back from these restaurants, LOL.

Heading back to work tomorrow and am SO tired but will post 2 of the requested drink recipes I was given.

Eiswein Martini
Le Cellier, Epcot

1 ounce Inniskillan Vidal Eiswein
1 ounce Vodka

Shake with ice for approximately 60 seconds, then strain into a martini glass.

Grey Goose Citron Vodka Slushie
Drink Kiosk by France, Epcot

3 cups Grey Goose Citron Vodka
1 cup *Polynesian Pleasure Lemon Frozen Drink Mix from Florida Natural Flavours in Casselberry, FLA
Ice if making in a blender or water according to manufacturer’s instructions for slush machine.

Mix Vodka and Polynesian Pleasure Lemon. It helps to chill the mix before putting in a slushie machine. Add the required amount of water for your machine (generally for 1 liter alcohol you use 1 ¾ gallon or 28 cups water.)
If making in a blender use enough ice to produce the slushie effect.
* can try substituting frozen Minute Maid lemonade

Grand Marnier Orange Slush
Drink Kiosk by France, Epcot

3 cups Grand Marnier
1 cup *Orange Fruit Smoothie from Florida Natural Flavours in Casselberry, FLA
Ice if making in a blender

Same instructions as for the Lemon Slush.
*If substituting the Orange Fruit Smoothie try for something with an orange dreamsicle taste.

Does anyone know of a substitute for the Orange fruit smoothie? What are you using and where did you get it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter