*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

What is your party date? I would have done the Itinerary thread this year but since we're leaving in a few weeks I didn't think it would be fair to take off on them, ya know what I mean.

Oh silly me, August 16th--the first party! updated my post too

@Best Aunt has been kind to post about the heat which is my worst fear. I'm just not built to handle it so I purchased instant ice packs. I really hope they help with the heat and hot flashes. :crazy2:
I purchased a mini fan that wraps around the neck for both of us and cooling towels as well. I hope these help!

Well got to the airport and checked in without incident. Said goodbye to our suitcases only to find out our flight is delayed 2.5 hours. That's longer than it takes to get there.

We're doing okay passing the time. And I called Magical Express to confirm I could claim our bags and they wouldn't end up in a room somewhere. We will basically be departing at the time we were supposed to land at MCO. Thankfully it isn't a long flight.

Well got to the airport and checked in without incident. Said goodbye to our suitcases only to find out our flight is delayed 2.5 hours. That's longer than it takes to get there.

We're doing okay passing the time. And I called Magical Express to confirm I could claim our bags and they wouldn't end up in a room somewhere. We will basically be departing at the time we were supposed to land at MCO. Thankfully it isn't a long flight.

This is why we never plan park days on arrival day. Been there done that via Delta!

Now changing subjects. I have been having abnormally high anxiety for this trip and this week has gotten way worse. Between planning the trip for a larger group this time (both sets of grandparents coming), little man being pretty independent now at 16 months (last year he was only 4.5 months so he kinda just sat there haha), worrying that everyone will have fun, getting things set for my employees at work before I cut off communications for 10 days, packing, car service to airport fitting all our bags and his car seat, keeping him happy on the flight, arrgghhh!!!!

Sorry. I know there are a lot worse things I could be dealing with besides just anxiety but just wanted to vent a bit. I think once we get through security I will feel a bit better and then once we land and get checked in I will feel a lot better. Not used to worrying about 7 people at once :)

I don't have as much going on going in to my trip as you do, but I'm still having more anxiety than normal, too! Not liking it! I had a Disney nightmare last night for crying out loud! Dreamed I dropped off my luggage in the wrong room, then couldn't find the room back again. Sounds dumb, but I was pretty upset when I woke up!

Been a while since I posted in here but we're arriving at POP in a few days and I was just curious about how my family can track all of our credits in the MDE app while at the parks next week. We have 2 rooms (all under the same MDE account) but when I look at the account and our room details only my room (I'm the main MDE account holder has info about the dining plan....which still says credits will show when we check in).

My question is will both rooms' credits show on my MDE account? ....or just the room under my name which makes the tracking a little more complicated as we have 8 people (all on the DDP) sharing the two rooms (as far as I calculated for 9 nights for all 8 people it would be 72 Table service/ 72 Quick Service/ 144 Snacks and I would hate to only be able to track half of that on the MDE app).

Have never done the DDP before so figured I'd ask here if anyone could answer. Thanks for your help as always!!

Been a while since I posted in here but we're arriving at POP in a few days and I was just curious about how my family can track all of our credits in the MDE app while at the parks next week. We have 2 rooms (all under the same MDE account) but when I look at the account and our room details only my room (I'm the main MDE account holder has info about the dining plan....which still says credits will show when we check in).

My question is will both rooms' credits show on my MDE account? ....or just the room under my name which makes the tracking a little more complicated as we have 8 people (all on the DDP) sharing the two rooms (as far as I calculated for 9 nights for all 8 people it would be 72 Table service/ 72 Quick Service/ 144 Snacks and I would hate to only be able to track half of that on the MDE app).

Have never done the DDP before so figured I'd ask here if anyone could answer. Thanks for your help as always!!
Are you all eating together all of the time? Your credits will show up at the bottom of your receipt after every meal. If you are managing the whole account then I’m going to guess both rooms will show up although I’m not positive since we’ve never had 2 rooms before.

Do your clothes get wet? Where did you buy them?
You too @ksromack, where did you get yours?
My clothes didn’t get too wet but I made sure to wring them out really well. I did see some people who’s clothes were pretty wet though. I got mine from Amazon for around $10 each. Polygon brand.

Are you all eating together all of the time? Your credits will show up at the bottom of your receipt after every meal. If you are managing the whole account then I’m going to guess both rooms will show up although I’m not positive since we’ve never had 2 rooms before.
Yes we’re doing everything together and it’s all being managed through my MDE account so I’m assuming all will be fine but I’m they all show up once we check in. I’ll definitely keep n eye on the receipts after the meals! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter