*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Now changing subjects. I have been having abnormally high anxiety for this trip and this week has gotten way worse. Between planning the trip for a larger group this time (both sets of grandparents coming), little man being pretty independent now at 16 months (last year he was only 4.5 months so he kinda just sat there haha), worrying that everyone will have fun, getting things set for my employees at work before I cut off communications for 10 days, packing, car service to airport fitting all our bags and his car seat, keeping him happy on the flight, arrgghhh!!!!

Sorry. I know there are a lot worse things I could be dealing with besides just anxiety but just wanted to vent a bit. I think once we get through security I will feel a bit better and then once we land and get checked in I will feel a lot better. Not used to worrying about 7 people at once :)

Well it may not be helpful at this point, but take comfort knowing you are not alone. As much as I try to prepare, I cannot escape pre-trip anxiety. When you are the designated Disney planner, it puts a lot of pressure on you to make sure everything goes off without a hitch. Everyone has high expectations, and we don't want to let them down.Unfortunately there are so many elements involved in a Disney trip it is nearly impossible that something won't go off the rails. It's so hard to juggle responsibilities at home and work, on top of all the preparations it takes to get a trip like this off the ground. We have a group of 10 going this year, with part of the group joining us on our second week, and it has been totally insane trying to work then into our plans. We are driving down this year, and we head out this Saturday. So now I'm glued to the weather channel hoping I-95 south does not flood this weekend. Actually getting there is half the battle. I cannot wait to see those purple road signs. :worship:

I saw a Facebook post that POFQ has pumpkin beignets now. I might have to convince DH to go over there.
We were at Riverside and on Sunday they started putting out pumpkin spiced cheesecake - my oldest DD had it (she loves pumpkin and cheesecake) and said it was great. Left PORS today and checked into Beach Club at 10am - our room was ready and it is an extra large room / end room, so tons of extra space and the extra sleeper bed, so we're very happy.

Yes! I saw the sign! We are checking out this morning. Now I know what are farewell breakfast will be. Lol.
We checked out this morning too (Riverside) and walked to POFQ for beignets (just the regular Mickey ones) for our farewell breakfast - then went to check into Beach Club resort - we also had a reservation for a late sitting at Cape May for breakfast lol.

They were okay. I prefer the regular beignets though. It was just pumpkin spice added to the icing sugar. It somehow made the beignets less sweet, kind of bland. But I’m glad I tried. :)

Thank you. Now I know that I shouldn't make a special trip out there for the beignets.

We were at Riverside and on Sunday they started putting out pumpkin spiced cheesecake - my oldest DD had it (she loves pumpkin and cheesecake) and said it was great. Left PORS today and checked into Beach Club at 10am - our room was ready and it is an extra large room / end room, so tons of extra space and the extra sleeper bed, so we're very happy.

Mmmm cheesecake. That sounds good. We check into the BC in 10 days. Your room sounds great.

They were okay. I prefer the regular beignets though. It was just pumpkin spice added to the icing sugar. It somehow made the beignets less sweet, kind of bland. But I’m glad I tried. :)
Do they still offer the regular beignets as well as the pumpkin spice?

I'm going to post this in the fb group too. I have an Oga's reservation for 8/29 (SWGE opening day) at 1:40 pm for 4 people that I'm going to drop. Anyone want it?

@Araminta18 I remember working with you in 2017 & 2018 creating plans on my Itinerary threads, so are you 100% set with MNSSHP? What about getting in at 2pm with the help from a generous DVC member, do your plans jive or are you still looking for a solid lead?

I wish I was DVC and as far as my AP's those will not be activated until 2020 maybe 2021. We'll see what happens with my son's school schedule and how this trip goes. ;)

Last edited:
@Araminta18 I remember working with you in 2017 & 2018 creating plans on my Itinerary threads, so are you 100% set with MNSSHP? What about getting in at 2pm with the help from a generous DVC member, do your plans jive or are you still looking for a solid lead?

I wish I was DVC and as far as my AP's those will not be activated until 2020 maybe 2021. We'll see what happens with my son'd school schedule and how this trip goes. ;)
Thank you! I think I'm set with my itinerary, but as for getting in at 2 pm, that's still a bit squishy. I had one generous DVC member reach out to me, but their plans aren't set yet, so if there is someone who is definitely going at 2 and wouldn't mind adopting my husband, I'd appreciate it! :D Edit: we're going on Aug 16th--the first party!

Apparently the Harveys SHAG tote is available in Disney Springs, Co-Op
View attachment 425782
I'd run there if I could because I don't see this lasting very long. Earlier they also had the coin purse and men's camp shirt but those are sold out.
Gorgeous! I really want this, but I'm betting it's gone by Friday when I get there. Good luck to those lucky enough to grab it! So pretty :)

Last edited:
Thank you! I think I'm set with my itinerary, but as for getting in at 2 pm, that's still a bit squishy. I had one generous DVC member reach out to me, but their plans aren't set yet, so if there is someone who is definitely going at 2 and wouldn't mind adopting my husband, I'd appreciate it! :D
What is your party date? I would have done the Itinerary thread this year but since we're leaving in a few weeks I didn't think it would be fair to take off on them, ya know what I mean.

@Best Aunt has been kind to post about the heat which is my worst fear. I'm just not built to handle it so I purchased instant ice packs. I really hope they help with the heat and hot flashes. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!