*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

We’re at 2-1-2 weeks!! :dogdance: I still haven’t received our DME stuff though. Our flight lands very late so we can’t use the luggage tags anyway but won’t I need the paperwork they send to get on the bus? Anyone have experience with this? MDE has our resort arrival listed as DME so maybe that’s all I need? Anyone have experience with getting on the bus without their paperwork?

Only if the Magical Express bus going Fort Wilderness also stops at the Contemporary, which is entirely possible since they are both in the Magic Kingdom area. They don't allow you to get on a bus that isn't going to your resort. Even if he has to go to Fort Wilderness, ME should drop off at the main building which will be near transportation.
Thank you. Didn't know he had to ride resort specific bus. Also was thinking he'd have to take boat over to MK. Duh! Didn't even think about him hopping on bus to MK from Outpost. He's also never been before so the easiest thing for him would be for him to take bus from FW unless it happened to stop at Contemporary. Much appreciated.

We’re at 2-1-2 weeks!! :dogdance: I still haven’t received our DME stuff though. Our flight lands very late so we can’t use the luggage tags anyway but won’t I need the paperwork they send to get on the bus? Anyone have experience with this? MDE has our resort arrival listed as DME so maybe that’s all I need? Anyone have experience with getting on the bus without their paperwork?

I don't think I had to show my papers at arrival but I know when I go home I have to show the paperwork they leave on your doorknob. I think arrival you just scan your band at ME check in and they confirm you that way.

The information will be on your magic bands; so you'll be fine. If you're from outside the United States and won't have bands, they can check you in at the desk just to the right. We had to do that one year. It was before magic bands and I had left our paperwork at home when we left for the airport.

Our DME stuff hasn't arrived either. We are at 3 weeks. I know it's set because I can see it in MDE; but we would like to use the luggage tags. Baggage claim at MCO is on the opposite side from DME for us as we fly on Southwest. I'm actually going to call them this evening to see if they've sent our tags out.

I don't think I had to show my papers at arrival but I know when I go home I have to show the paperwork they leave on your doorknob. I think arrival you just scan your band at ME check in and they confirm you that way.
The information will be on your magic bands; so you'll be fine. If you're from outside the United States and won't have bands, they can check you in at the desk just to the right. We had to do that one year. It was before magic bands and I had left our paperwork at home when we left for the airport.

Our DME stuff hasn't arrived either. We are at 3 weeks. I know it's set because I can see it in MDE; but we would like to use the luggage tags. Baggage claim at MCO is on the opposite side from DME for us as we fly on Southwest. I'm actually going to call them this evening to see if they've sent our tags out.
Thanks! I’m Canadian so no bands till resort check in unless I can maybe use the ones from our last year’s trip for DME. I guess I’ll I’ll give it another few days and call if I don’t receive anything.

Yeah, it's a mixed bag. It's great to have it paid for; but the final payment can sting sometimes. This year I planned further ahead and had it planned out at a certain amount per paycheck but had some stuff come up that caused me to miss a couple which left a larger payment at the end than planned. Ended up going to my savings account for the balance; but it's done. In some years past that would not have been an option so I'm glad for the progress. Included the dining plan this time so we'll need much less spending money than before. Going to pick up Disney gift cards in a week or so and trying to decide what to put on each one.

i also had all my payments planned out in my disney budget book lol each paycheck was a certain amount. i also had things come up and one paycheck i ended up paying a large amount. it hurt by was worth it. final payment was only $300 and ahead of schedule. i felt so proud of myself lol

My trip packing was interrupted by tornado warnings for the past two days, with an actual touch down today. This is extremely rare in my corner of Massachusetts; we're not exactly tornado alley. This was big news around here so our local weather guys were going crazy. We had to hide out in the basement for the first time ever, it was quite the adventure, lots of roof and tree damage. Thankfully we still have our power, but there are thousands who will be without power for days. Between the heat and severe weather, I think we're ready for Florida, but please no hurricanes in August.

My trip packing was interrupted by tornado warnings for the past two days, with an actual touch down today. This is extremely rare in my corner of Massachusetts; we're not exactly tornado alley. This was big news around here so our local weather guys were going crazy. We had to hide out in the basement for the first time ever, it was quite the adventure, lots of roof and tree damage. Thankfully we still have our power, but there are thousands who will be without power for days. Between the heat and severe weather, I think we're ready for Florida, but please no hurricanes in August.
I’m glad you are all safe! We live in Central NY and have had a few tornado warnings in the last couple of years. 5 years ago there was a touch down that destroyed three homes about 30 minutes from us. One house belonged to a high school friend. Her husband and sons were home and by a major miracle survived, her neighbor was not so lucky. It’s so scary! I’ll take a snow storm any day!

So I'm not sure when I'll get to actually pack my clothes. I watched my neighbors 4 month old today and will watch him tomorrow and Thursday of this week as well. I'll also have him two days next week. We have a friends daughters wedding Friday night and I am making the fruit and apple dip for the wedding so one day I don't have the baby I need to go buy supplies to make the two dips (enough of each to feed 150 people!) plus one day next week I need to do all our grocery shopping so the kids will have food to eat while we are gone. I guess I'll either be packing the majority of my clothes Saturday or Sunday evening.

If you need to pack just put a bit of wine in the baby's bottle :) It'll give you a few hours !!

I couldnt believe it! Was watching the news last night with the warnings and live cam at the Bourne rotary with the lightening show. I honestly thought the tornado warning was just another media hype. The cape? No way!! But at work, I heard about the touchdowns and am watching the news now. Soooo scary!! So glad you are safe. Those poor tourists at the motel in Yarmouth! Id be over the bridge leaving so fast! (well, after a quick trip to the Christmas Tree shop and Cuffy's 🦞🐳❤ )

If you need to pack just put a bit of wine in the baby's bottle :) It'll give you a few hours !!

I couldnt believe it! Was watching the news last night with the warnings and live cam at the Bourne rotary with the lightening show. I honestly thought the tornado warning was just another media hype. The cape? No way!! But at work, I heard about the touchdowns and am watching the news now. Soooo scary!! So glad you are safe. Those poor tourists at the motel in Yarmouth! Id be over the bridge leaving so fast! (well, after a quick trip to the Christmas Tree shop and Cuffy's 🦞🐳❤ )

Yes it was quite the day! I always feel so bad for tourists when the weather goes bad. DD was working in Dennis, and all of the transformers starting blowing up. Cuffy's and Christmas Tree are must do's.:thumbsup2 Guess we can toss this up to climate change.

I’m glad you are all safe! We live in Central NY and have had a few tornado warnings in the last couple of years. 5 years ago there was a touch down that destroyed three homes about 30 minutes from us. One house belonged to a high school friend. Her husband and sons were home and by a major miracle survived, her neighbor was not so lucky. It’s so scary! I’ll take a snow storm any day!
It is very scary! There is so little warning with a tornado. I was shocked when the siren started blasting out of my phone. Two days of this is more than enough for me.

Last edited:

The dad has been bringing him over when he gets ready to study and I kid you not, he walks in with the packaging from a 6 pack of beer bottles but instead of the beer it was baby bottles. I told the mom, when she came to pick the baby up, how i literally laughed out loud when the dad told me that was the best way to transport a 6 pack (since there were 6 bottles in it). She said the dad has had that for years so when they go to a cook out he can bring his own beer with them. We don't drink in our house (personal choice) and so every time I opened the fridge to get something and saw the beer package I would think about what the dad said and chuckle.

Almost down to the 3 week mark. Seems so far from when we first started planning this trip.

Yes! It seems like I have had a countdown forever! The good thing about having to change from our original September dates is that the trip has gotten here 6 weeks quicker. I can't believe we are just a week and a half away.

Glad you guys are okay. Living in North Alabama, we are prone to tornadoes. We have had several close to our home but never have been directly hit. The more recent one was close enough to hear and really did sound like a train like they say they do. We have also had one go through a farm pasture behind our old house and I took pictures that made our local news. We could see it but it was far enough away that I was safe. That was several years ago though as we have lived in this house over 10 years now.

I bought the requisite trip socks yesterday. We did Owner's Locker last hear after 2 decades but I forgot to make the list so I haven't a clue what is in there. This will be the first trip ever we check in before going grocery shopping. I am almost certain there are shampoo soap and conditioner like things plus plastic cups, Advil, etc...maybe some tequila. Who knows!

The dad has been bringing him over when he gets ready to study and I kid you not, he walks in with the packaging from a 6 pack of beer bottles but instead of the beer it was baby bottles. I told the mom, when she came to pick the baby up, how i literally laughed out loud when the dad told me that was the best way to transport a 6 pack (since there were 6 bottles in it). She said the dad has had that for years so when they go to a cook out he can bring his own beer with them. We don't drink in our house (personal choice) and so every time I opened the fridge to get something and saw the beer package I would think about what the dad said and chuckle.
So funny!

Im not a drinker either. Never have anything in the house unless Im expecting company. Any leftovers go with them! I was at Epcot a million years ago and saw some spinny slush machines outside of Mexico. One had a "mango" sign. I probably should have looked for more signs, but hopped right in line as I was thirsty and it was super hot out. It was just me and my boys, about 9 and 7 at the time (hubby couldnt get time off of work and I took advantage of the $50 airfare and next to nothing hotel prices right after 9/11) Its a miracle they werent interested or I would have bought them one too. Anyway...slurping away....WOAH!! What is in this ?? !!! Anyway, it was DELICIOUS! Now, literally the only time I drink alcohol is at Epcot every couple of years I get the "Mango" drink!

I honestly think alcohol tastes disgusting..beer is gross, wine tastes like cough syrup to me and hard liquor makes me shiver! Not that anything is wrong with it, but just dont understand how people can drink that stuff!! (I dont like coffee either!) I guess I like the margarita because its full of sugar and fruit flavor.

So funny!

Im not a drinker either. Never have anything in the house unless Im expecting company. Any leftovers go with them! I was at Epcot a million years ago and saw some spinny slush machines outside of Mexico. One had a "mango" sign. I probably should have looked for more signs, but hopped right in line as I was thirsty and it was super hot out. It was just me and my boys, about 9 and 7 at the time (hubby couldnt get time off of work and I took advantage of the $50 airfare and next to nothing hotel prices right after 9/11) Its a miracle they werent interested or I would have bought them one too. Anyway...slurping away....WOAH!! What is in this ?? !!! Anyway, it was DELICIOUS! Now, literally the only time I drink alcohol is at Epcot every couple of years I get the "Mango" drink!

I honestly think alcohol tastes disgusting..beer is gross, wine tastes like cough syrup to me and hard liquor makes me shiver! Not that anything is wrong with it, but just dont understand how people can drink that stuff!! (I dont like coffee either!) I guess I like the margarita because its full of sugar and fruit flavor.

LOL I don't like coffee either. I love the smell of it but hate the taste.

Thanks! I’m Canadian so no bands till resort check in unless I can maybe use the ones from our last year’s trip for DME. I guess I’ll I’ll give it another few days and call if I don’t receive anything.
You can use your old bags for Magical Express and your resort room door and your park tickets and your fastpasses. All of the active bands in your account will work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter