*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Our August 2018 rough itinerary

updated *NOW* 2 week trip to WDW: Aug 19 - Sept 1

Day 1: Travel/Disney Springs
Day 2: Epcot (Biergarten)
Day 3: MK *Early Morning Magic* (Crystal Palace)
Day 4: HS (HVine Fantastic package)
Day 5: MK (Cindy Castle + Liberty Tavern) (Dessert party MK)
Day 6: Typhoon Lagoon + 'Ohana Dinner
Day 7: Epcot (Akerhouse)
Day 8: EMM at MK then AK (Tusker House)
Day 9: HS (Sci-Fi + 50's Prime) (Dessert Party SW)
Day 10: Halloween Party in evening (Chef Mickey's lunch)
Day 11: AK (Boma)
Day 12: Epcot (opening day of Food + Wine)
Day 13: DHS a.m. + Halloween Party p.m. (Be Our Guest)
Day 14: Sleep in then Travel

may seem like a lot but we roll at a relaxed pace because we have so many days. MANY afternoons at pool/Nap and some late mornings and early evenings.

opted to stay at Pop Century w/ free dining and use the extra $ (instead of staying deluxe) to do ALOT of extras (2 Halloween, 2 EMM, 2 Dessert parties, DS shopping etc)

Our August 2018 rough itinerary

updated *NOW* 2 week trip to WDW: Aug 19 - Sept 1

Day 1: Travel/Disney Springs
Day 2: Epcot (Biergarten)
Day 3: MK *Early Morning Magic* (Crystal Palace)
Day 4: HS (HVine Fantastic package)
Day 5: MK (Cindy Castle + Liberty Tavern) (Dessert party MK)
Day 6: Typhoon Lagoon + 'Ohana Dinner
Day 7: Epcot (Akerhouse)
Day 8: EMM at MK then AK (Tusker House)
Day 9: HS (Sci-Fi + 50's Prime) (Dessert Party SW)
Day 10: Halloween Party in evening (Chef Mickey's lunch)
Day 11: AK (Boma)
Day 12: Epcot (opening day of Food + Wine)
Day 13: DHS a.m. + Halloween Party p.m. (Be Our Guest)
Day 14: Sleep in then Travel

may seem like a lot but we roll at a relaxed pace because we have so many days. MANY afternoons at pool/Nap and some late mornings and early evenings.

opted to stay at Pop Century w/ free dining and use the extra $ (instead of staying deluxe) to do ALOT of extras (2 Halloween, 2 EMM, 2 Dessert parties, DS shopping etc)

That's pretty much why we stay Value, it allows a long trip with some extras. The longer trips allow for flexibility and down time so we don't feel like we need a vacation when we get back home.

Fellow August travelers,

I read somewhere that August hours may change slightly from what they are now. Is that a possibility?

86 days to go for us and I feel like I haven't been paying attention much - too busy with work trying to make $$ for our trip I guess?
Here are our plans. We are also staying at the Poly, same dates as EllyLovesDisney, but different park days! :wave2:

Me, dh, ds12, and dd9 (barely, she becomes a "Disney adult" in September :sad:).

We're packing in the parks this time, but also planning midday pool/rest breaks each day.

Aug 25- Arriving midday, HS with loose plans in the PM
Aug 26- MK - pre-park breakfast at CP, dinner at The Plaza
Aug 27- EPCOT - late dinner at SRT - watch Illuminations from SRT
Aug 28- 'Ohana breakfast/Typhoon Lagoon most of day/Boardwalk area - Beaches N' Cream dinner
Aug 29- AK - either pre-park breakfast or dinner at Tusker House depending on Pandora FoP FP
Aug 30- MK - pre-park breakfast at BOG
Aug 31- HS AM only - lunch at 50's PT/MNSSHP PM
Sept 1 - head home mid-morning

I booked my first WDW vacation! My and my 6 year old daughter will spend 5 days at the end of August! I am so excited for my sweet daughter to meet all her princesses : )

I booked most of my dinner reservations and I bought a package deal so hopefully I will not have to do much thinking : ) LOL

I hate roller coasters as I get motion sickness but I am working on a plan to let her ride if she wants.

Does anyone know how to add a picture to my profile?

Thanks!

I've been playing around with my plans a bit and have changed up some ADRs... I'm just counting down until June 26th when I can select FP+. It will be me, my husband and our son (who turns 9 just before our trip).

Here's my current itinerary:

Thurs 8/23 - Arriving early evening; staying at Portofino Bay (Universal)
Fri 8/24 - Universal day 1 - Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Sat 8/25 - Universal day 2 - anything else we want to see there ;) - Uber to the Poly and 'Ohana dinner
Sun 8/26 - MK - Kona Cafe breakfast
Mon 8/27 - Chef Mickey breakfast - Blizzard Beach - Evening at Epcot, dinner at Via Napoli
Tue 8/28 - HS - Star Wars Tour - we'll head back to the Poly to rest/use the pool until dinner at Kona then back to HS for the Star Wars fireworks
Wed 8/29 - AK - Tusker House ROL dining package (breakfast)
Thu 8/30 - 'Ohana breakfast then HS for a few hours. Break at hotel and dinner at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs. Ending trip at MK (we have park hoppers)
Fri 8/31 - Fly home... boo :(

I booked my first WDW vacation! My and my 6 year old daughter will spend 5 days at the end of August! I am so excited for my sweet daughter to meet all her princesses : )

I booked most of my dinner reservations and I bought a package deal so hopefully I will not have to do much thinking : ) LOL

I hate roller coasters as I get motion sickness but I am working on a plan to let her ride if she wants.

Does anyone know how to add a picture to my profile?

Thanks!
Hover over your user name up in the upper right of the screen. Click on Avatar and you can upload a pic. :-)

My plan so far but most likely to change here and there multiple times before we leave.

Aug 13: Red Eye Flight to MCO from Spokane, WA. (Both my son and I sleep well on planes so not too worried about this and it gives us more time in the parks)
Aug 14: Arrive at 7:33am Check-In at ASMo then Epcot for the day Garden Grill lunch 12:10pm
Aug 15: MK day Skipper's Canteen lunch 12:55pm end the day at Beaches and Cream 9:40pm
Aug 16: Undecided BOG Breakfast 10:10am
Aug 17: AK AM Tusker House Lunch 12:50pm, MNSSHP in the evening
Aug 18 : HS Fantasmic Dinner Package H & V 7:50pm
Aug 19: Disney Springs before we have to head to airport for long flight home.

My plan so far but most likely to change here and there multiple times before we leave.

Aug 13: Red Eye Flight to MCO from Spokane, WA. (Both my son and I sleep well on planes so not too worried about this and it gives us more time in the parks)
Aug 14: Arrive at 7:33am Check-In at ASMo then Epcot for the day Garden Grill lunch 12:10pm
Aug 15: MK day Skipper's Canteen lunch 12:55pm end the day at Beaches and Cream 9:40pm
Aug 16: Undecided BOG Breakfast 10:10am
Aug 17: AK AM Tusker House Lunch 12:50pm, MNSSHP in the evening
Aug 18 : HS Fantasmic Dinner Package H & V 7:50pm
Aug 19: Disney Springs before we have to head to airport for long flight home.
I like your itinerary but it is the info in your signature at the bottom that I can't stop looking at.

So I had Surgery 2-3 weeks ago and I feel like I lost the groove on my planning especially I have to move out of my house either before we leave or when we return. Haven't even been able to call the Club Level Line to put in my request. Looking forward to our trip though but still so much to do. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter