*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Trying to figure out my days is driving me nuts. I’m trying to not schedule too much. Leaving 7/30, so fast pass day next week. Very excited

DH is getting a bit annoyed at all of my switching back and forth with which park on which day and what adr to make! I have made and cancelled SO many adrs that my Disney email folder is insane!

I changed our resorts several times and we are now doing three resort stay at Disney, plus a night at universal.

We committed to renting DVC points at AKL but then added on a couple of days at the start of the trip at BWV. There are a number of resorts that we wanted to stay at but I don't think any of us can do more than a 2 resort split stay.

We committed to renting DVC points at AKL but then added on a couple of days at the start of the trip at BWV. There are a number of resorts that we wanted to stay at but I don't think any of us can do more than a 2 resort split stay.

I didn’t think we could either, but ee wanted to try the contemporary and a discounted room came up.

We'll be in FL last week of August (staying offsite at Windsor Hills) and only doing doing two park days (DHS on 8/27 and MK 8/28). Since we're not doing the Halloween party, we opted to do EMM. Ohh, I cannot wait to go back, it's been 4 years since our last trip.

When I was rearranging our park days to fix my oops where I had us hitting HS 3X and AK only once I noticed that our new plan had a day with no ADRs so I set a TP reservation finder for Y&Y. I got the text this evening that there was a lunch ADR so I grabbed it.

We are now at a point where the one and only ADR that I have not yet been able to get is the Jiko Wine Tasting on Aug 22. For some reason that one is proving elusive.

Our days now look like this:
Arrive Aug 19: check in BWV. no ADR.
Aug 20: Epcot. Dinner @ Le Cellier
Aug 21: Check in AKL HS. Lunch @ 50's PT, SW:AGS Dessert Party
Aug 22: rest day, Dinner @ Morimoto Asia
Aug 23: MK. Lunch @ LTT, HEA Dessert Party
Aug 24: AK. Dinner @ Tiffins, ROL dining package
Aug 25: rest day, dinner @ Sanaa
Aug 26: Epcot. Breakfast @ GG, Dinner @ R&C
Aug 27: AK. Lunch @ Y&Y
Aug 28: MNSSHP. Breakfast @ Boma, Early dinner @ BOG
Aug 29: check out, HS, lunch @ Sci Fi
Aug 30, sadly head home.

89 days to go for us! I feel like time is flying by. I started with a 224 day countdown!
Here are our plans. We are staying at the Poly. It’s me, dh, dd13, ds10.

Aug 25- Arriving late.
Aug 26- typhoon lagoon and then Epcot in the evening. Dinner at Via Napoli.
Aug 27- MK, early dinner at Plaza
Aug 28- breakfast at Ohana, MNSSHP
Aug 29- HS. Hoping for a SDD FP. Early Sci-Fi dinner.
Aug 30- AK. Breakfast at Tusker House, dinner at Yak and Yeti.
Aug 31- epcot. F&W! Dinner at San angel
Sept 1 - head home

Here is our plan...I love reading about everyone's plans. :woohoo:

8/4: redeye from LAX to MCO
8/5: arrive bright and early MCO, check in AKV, Kidani. Brunch at California Grill. Maybe visit AK but most likely pool/cocktail time, dinner at Jiko
8/6: AK day. Tusker House for *brunch*, enjoy AK, dinner at Nomad Lounge or Yak n Yeti
8/7: our anniversary. Epcot drinking and snacking around the World. Wine Wednesday at AK. Raglan Road for drinks and music
8/8: MK. Light lunch or cupcakes at BoG, dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
8/9: DHS. Lunch at the Brown Derby Lounge, dinner at Il Mulino
8/10: *brunch* at Boma or Homecoming in Disney Springs, fly home 6 pm.

Last edited:
Here is our plan...I love reading about everyone's plans. :woohoo:

8/4: redeye from LAX to MCO
8/5: arrive bright and early MCO, check in AKV, Kidani. Brunch at California Grill. Maybe visit AK but most likely pool/cocktail time, dinner at Jiko
8/6: AK day. Tusker House for *brunch*, enjoy AK, dinner at Nomad Lounge or Yak n Yeti
8/7: our anniversary. Epcot drinking and snacking around the World. Wine Wednesday at AK. Raglan Road for drinks and music
8/8: MK. Light lunch or cupcakes at BoG, dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
8/9: DHS. Lunch at the Brown Derby Lounge, dinner at Il Mulino
8/10: *brunch* at Boma or Homecoming in Disney Springs, fly home 6 pm.

So jealous! You got two reservations that I was not able to, Wine tasting on Wednesday and Brunch at CG!

66 days to go! FP day is Sunday so I pretty much have our plan together.
Aug 2- Arrive at AKL late morning MK day Dinner at The Plaza
Aug 3- Epcot day then evening at DHS
Aug 4- HS day Dinner at Teppan Edo then MK
Aug 5- Pool day then head to AK around 3:00
Aug 6- DDs Sweet 16! HS day then Boma for DDs BDay Dinner which in our family is a tradition if you are lucky enough to be in Disney on your BDay.
Aug 7- Make the 12 hour drive home.
On Sunday our FP day we actually leave for 8 nights in Disney doing a split stay at Pop and WL. Trying to make the most of our APs that expire in Nov. We are super excited for our Summer of Disney!

We leave in 70 days to stay the night in the Buffalo airport hotel and 71 days till we arrival in Disney...
Here are our plans!
7th-17th free regular Disney Dining Plan
8/7 early morning arrival at PORS, resort pool time, dinner at Trails End and evening at MK
8/8 rest day, Disney Springs, dinner Chef Mickey
8/9 MK, Be Our Guest breakfast, late lunch Liberty Tree Tavern
8/10 DHS and AK, lunch at Sci-Fi, dinner at Rainforest Cafe at AK
8/11 day off, brunch at Cape May Cafe
8/12 AK, dinner at T-Rex and evening at Disney Springs
8/13 Epcot, breakfast at Garden Grill
8/14 day off, brunch at 1900 Park Fare
8/15 DHS, lunch at 50's Prime Time
8/16 MK, breakfast at Crystal Palace and dinner at 'Ohana
17th-20th will use Club Level food to help supplement meals and pay OOP for this part of the trip.
8/17 Move to Beach Club Club Level!!! Epcot, late lunches (2 people to Le Cellier and 2 people to Via Napoli- we always do this as 2 love steak and 2 love pizza)
8/18 Epcot, late lunch at ESPN (watch Yankees/Blue Jays game on tv)
8/19 Epcot, late lunch at ESPN (watch Yankees/Blue Jays game on tv again), ice cream supper at Beaches and Cream
8/20 home
So excited for Disney!

So fun to read to read everyone's plans! I will share ours. 79 days to go!

8/16 - Arrive at Art of Animation late afternoon. Dinner at Landscape of Flavors and pool time.
8/17 - Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Yak and Yeti. Hoping to to FP Flight of Passage/Navi (my parents will take youngest DS on Navi while we do FoP with oldest DS), Everest and Kali River Rapids. Resort break in the afternoon, and back after dinner for the dance party.
8/18 - Typhoon Lagoon. Dinner at Garden Grove at the Swan.
8/19 - Hollywood Studios. Hoping to FP Slinky Dog Dash, ToT, and Star Tours. My boys want to Jedi Training. We have lunch at Sci-fi. Have not decided on if we will take a break in the afternoon.
8/20 - We switch to Universal. Staying at the brand new Adventura resort. I have not made much of a plan for Universal. We are doing both parks and Volcano Bay and will be there until 8/24.

Same, i have an idea but that's about it lol

Samsies.
Here’s my rough plan-
Sunday (Epcot) - soarin, spaceship earth, Nemo.
Mon (MK) - 7dmt, BTM, and either Peter Pan or splash.
Tues- no fps, MNSSHP
Wed (HS)- slinky dog dash (fingers crossed!), star tours, rock n rollercoaster.
Thurs- (Ak)- FOP, safari, Kali
Fri - (Epcot) - test track and I don’t care what else.

When we were at WDW last August we got lots of 4th, 5th and even more FPs so I’m hoping for the same this year. We even got a 4th FP for Na’vi after riding FOP!

I'm still working on a final plan and have our FP day next Monday!
Here's so far:
Friday (3rd) MK - BOG dinner
Sat - Epcot/break/MK After Hours
Sun - MK later - 1:30 BBB for DD; 3:00 harmony barber for DS; 4:00 CRT
Mon - HS - dinner at 50's PT
Tues - BB - if done early will hang out at the resort or dinner at DS
Wed - AK with TH and Rainforest
Thurs - Epcot then H20 Glow at TL
Fri - HS
Sat - kids choice of park or hang out and swim then MK After Hours
Sun - fly home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!