The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL!!!!:rotfl: Indeed...now that you mention it! I admit though, I wouldn't mind staying there, just one night for the view. :blush: But the decor is pretty awful - makes me feel like I'm back in high school.

Thanks MAGICinMYHEART, for all the info on deluxe vs. villas. We still don't know what we're doing. I really wanted to stay in the lodge. We'll see... :confused3

Jessica:wave:

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I visited here, but way back (last year sometime) I came across a post somewhere with a link to AMAZING PICTURES of every thing in Disney World!! It was magnificent, anything you wanted to see was there, in detail!! Of course I can't remember the thread or the site and I am wondering if any of you know where I can find it. Our trip is fast approaching and my family is begging me to remember where this great link was. I've looked and looked, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks you guys for any help, or any links you know of.

Mermaid 3

Hi, not sure which web site you were refering to but the photo's over on Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney WebSite on AllEars are great.
For the Resorts just click on Accommodations, for the Parks click on Theme Parks from there on the left hand side you will have photo options, have fun. Just click on the link below it will take you to her site.

AllEarsNet® News

I just saw this on a post on the resort boards and thought I'd share it here....but you guys are pro's, so you probably already know this! ;)

AP Rates
Just got off the phone with CR and got a great rate at WL - Woods view for $126 a night in January!

LOOK!!! I AM LESS THAN 30 DAYS!!!!

AND...........

Booking my October 29, 2005 cruise as soon as I get my tax refund!!!

Just heard that a general code is coming out for winter 10/21. The deluxe rate is $164.00. That seems high for the WL. Do you think that the WL is included in this rate? I have already booked the WL but three of my days are in the codes black out date so I will have to change our vaction week.I have questions

1) If I cannot get the WL what would you pick next Poly or AKL. (I have two young kids so we want quick transportation to the parks.)

2) I have heard that the AP holders are getting WL at a low rate does that usually mean that WL is included in this new general code?

3) If WL is included isn't that a high price to pay with a code?

4) when is your school vacation time? I was planning on changing our dates to 2/6 - 2/12.

Please guide me for this is our first onsite vacation with our kids.
Taratink

For starters, I think that is a pretty good rate as I believe the normal rate is about $200 a night and sometimes higher. May be wrong there though.

I wouldn't pick the Poly as it is far more expensive than WL and you really only gain the Monorail. AKL is nice but only offers bus transportation and is pretty much the furthest away from all parks except AK of course.

Hope this helps. I would probably stay at Port Orleans French Quarter before I stayed at the Poly again. :)

Fred

Originally posted by Taratink
Just heard that a general code is coming out for winter 10/21. The deluxe rate is $164.00. That seems high for the WL. Do you think that the WL is included in this rate? I have already booked the WL but three of my days are in the codes black out date so I will have to change our vaction week.I have questions

1) If I cannot get the WL what would you pick next Poly or AKL. (I have two young kids so we want quick transportation to the parks.)

Please guide me for this is our first onsite vacation with our kids.
Taratink

Originally posted by Majestic
I would probably stay at Port Orleans French Quarter before I stayed at the Poly again. :)

Fred

WOW!! Really Fred...I know you had your issues with the Poly, but that is drastic!

Majestic or any other WL vet,
I just booked the WL Courtyard view for the AP rate in Feb. My rate was like $149 a night....Is this a good rate? Will I be happy with the Courtyard view? I fairly nervous because this is for my honeymoon. We're getting married on the 5th and staying at Disney from the 7th-14th. I just want everything to be perfect. Thanks in advance for all you help and all of your great advice.

-Nicole

Originally posted by chipper10
Majestic or any other WL vet,
I just booked the WL Courtyard view for the AP rate in Feb. My rate was like $149 a night....Is this a good rate? Will I be happy with the Courtyard view? I fairly nervous because this is for my honeymoon. We're getting married on the 5th and staying at Disney from the 7th-14th. I just want everything to be perfect. Thanks in advance for all you help and all of your great advice.

-Nicole
that is a GREAT rate for courtyard!! Please have CRO note your reservation that you want a Main Pool view - high up...You will be able to see Bay Lake and the main pool. I have found that if it is noted in your reservation, they tend to accomadate you if they can!

chipper10 :wave:

Great rate for Courtyard View...have fun :p and OH...

mickey-dust.gif
Congratulations
mickey-dust.gif

...this here thread, ah DO believe, needs a bump or two!!

(I'm gettin' REALLY bummed; things aren't looking good for a decent price on ressies for WL during Prez Week, so I MAY wind up at S/D!)

HughJackman'n'me

What dates do you need Feb 12-19 ? If any of your dates fall into the current discont try and book some of the days even if they have to check one day at a time. Maybe just one night blocking your stay or if the discounts for your dates aren't released yet they should be soon.

I just made a reservation for Jan 10-13 originaly I asked for 10th-16th and the CM said she didn't have anything available. So I started droping dates. All I needed was a quick trip so three nights for me are great. I get to meet up with Majestic. Anyway if you can get most of your nights with the discount you could do a split stay or book rack-rate for a night or two.

Beckie :wave:

I got my WL woodsview for $153 per night including tax. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should pay $15 more per night for courtyard. I am getting greedy.
Tara

Tara :wave:

I know what you mean...but for my dates I booked @ $109.00 a night, I try and always book standard room then maybe upgrade when I arrive at the Lodge. This way I can justify more trips. Just happy to be visiting again. :p At a GREAT RATE.

Beckie

Your right maybe we can ask if there are any upgrades availible when we arrive. I would be happy with woods view anyways.
Tara

All this talk about codes and AP rates....I WANNA GO!!!! WAAA :sad:

:badpc: <-- Closest I could find for temper tantrum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter