The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (DH and myself) have a woodsview room booked for Jan 12-16th.

I have been reading this thread, the part 4 thread and the where did you stay thread. But I still have a couple more questions.

1. I understand all the rooms are the same sq ft, but which rooms have more "walk around" space? Rooms with 2 queens? with queen and bunk beds? King?

2. Are there any woodsview rooms that have a king and bath tub?

3. Are there any woodsview rooms with King that face the MK/Otterpond side?

Thanks for your help, we are so excited about the trip!

Just booked woodsview with hopes of bunkbeds. It will be myself, DH, DD3 and DS 5. Is this going to be too tight. My kids go to bed at 8:00 so we will bes stuck in our room. I hear people complain about the size of the rooms. Help me relax. I have heard so many complaints about the Poly lately and I do not like the decor of the CR. The GF is way to fancy for us so I really want to love the WL. We will be there first week of Feb 2005.
Tara

We have been added to The WDW Resort FAQ and Information Threads it will now be easier to find our Wilerness Lodge FAQ Thread the WDW Resort FAQ and Information Thread is located at the top of page one of the Resort Forum so when looking for this thread just go there to find us.

Taratink :wave:

Hi, I just read the thread that I believe you are referring to where the OP said the bellman informed her that the only difference between Wilderness Lodge rooms and Pop Century rooms are the balconies...Thats just not true the Sq. Ft. for WL is 340 sq ft. and the Pop rooms are 260 sq. ft. the balconies aren't included in room size. I have stayed in both and know this for a fact...The rooms at WL are not as large as the Poly, CR, but these rooms were built 30 years ago when construction cost were much lower and the price per night at the AKL and WL are much less. I didn't post a reply on that thread because the OP said " I could'nt justify the cost/small room over just driving to the parks." I don't stay off property, if the OP wants to drive to the parks but get a larger room, then that is what is right for their family.

I have never felt that it was too tight, in a standard room at Wilderness Lodge, and I stay at both the Lodge and over at the Villas were the rooms are larger.

You and your family will have a MAGICAL STAY.

Beckie

Originally posted by Rachael Q
We (DH and myself) have a woodsview room booked for Jan 12-16th.
1. I understand all the rooms are the same sq ft, but which rooms have more "walk around" space? Rooms with 2 queens? with queen and bunk beds? King?
2. Are there any woodsview rooms that have a king and bath tub?
3. Are there any woodsview rooms with King that face the MK/Otterpond side?

If there will only be the two of you I would request a King Size bed, but ask when checking in to make sure the room they assign you isn't one of the barrier-free (handicap-accessible) I'm just not sure where each of these rooms are located but most are on the lower level.

Originally posted by Taratink
Just booked woodsview with hopes of bunkbeds. It will be myself, DH, DD3 and DS 5. Is this going to be too tight. My kids go to bed at 8:00 so we will bes stuck in our room. I hear people complain about the size of the rooms. Help me relax. I have heard so many complaints about the Poly lately and I do not like the decor of the CR. The GF is way to fancy for us so I really want to love the WL. We will be there first week of Feb 2005.
Tara
Our family -- me, DH, DS 10, DS 9, and DD then 1 -- stayed at AKL for 9 nights this past February. The rooms are the same size as WL and we were fine. To be honest, the kids stayed up a bit later than normal and we were so tired by the end of the day that we went to bed with them! We had bunk beds and we had the pack 'n play set up for DD. I often read posts from people complaining about the small size of the rooms but we thought it was fine! I'd rather be in that one room at Disney than home, LOL! :teeth:

Originally posted by jcemom
I'd rather be in that one room at Disney than home, LOL! :teeth:
ME TOO!!!

I have never had a problem with the rooms...I am only sleeping there really...what do I need all the extra room for...this past May we got a bunkbed room for DD (6) and DSS (12)...it was perfect!

I agree with you regarding the sleeping but I gotta admit....the large rooms at the Poly allow for more room to play and relax when doing the down time thing at the hotel. That is a nescessity there too because the concierge lounge is too small and crowded to play in and the main lobby is in another seperate building.

On the other hand, we realized that at WL and the smaller rooms, we just go down to the lobby and relax and do our thing there. There's plenty of room and the atmosphere....well you guys already know. You don't even have to walk outside to get to it like at the Poly.

I guess it's just a matter of taking advantage of the resources available to you. I'm far from a disney expert and heck I haven't even stayed at many other hotels but I am also a creature of habit and not fixing things that aren't broken.

:wave:

Fred

Originally posted by DisneyDmbNut
ME TOO!!!

I have never had a problem with the rooms...I am only sleeping there really...what do I need all the extra room for...this past May we got a bunkbed room for DD (6) and DSS (12)...it was perfect!

Fred - ITA with your thinking on the Poly...the rooms are bigger, but you can't just "stroll" down to the Lobby with your mug and relax..it is kinda a trek. I have only just discovered the 4th and 5th floor fireplaces and NOTHING beats the Lobby music to relax ya.....

Remind me AGAIN why I am not staying there next month!?!?!?!

Because you got a good rate for another hotel or there was no availability at WL. That's why we did the Poly.

I like going to the CR but don't think I would enjoy a stay there because I don't care for the theming. I do think the views would be fantastic though. Certainly worth something right?

Fred

Remind me AGAIN why I am not staying there next month!?!?!?!

LOL, Betsy! sometimes you need to try new resorts to REMIND YOURSELF (and others) of your TRUE LOVE!!:love:

Well, Melissa at IPO has everything set for our December trip.
I am soooo excited to FINALLY be returning to the lodge!

Fred, since I use Webshots also, I can link my WL Christmas pics to your WL homepage. BTW, I have you listed on my favorites page.
I plan on taking at least a 300 or so pics!
:earseek:

That way, you can go thru them and move what you want over to the official wildernesslodge webshot page.

:wave2:

Originally posted by Majestic
Because you got a good rate for another hotel or there was no availability at WL. That's why we did the Poly.

I like going to the CR but don't think I would enjoy a stay there because I don't care for the theming. I do think the views would be fantastic though. Certainly worth something right?

Fred
Oh yeah...the $$ thing...damn me for not winning the lottery!!

I stayed at the CR before and the decor is less than fantastic, but hopping on the monorail is a nice consolation. I am really going to miss hearing "Welcome Home" when I drive in...:sad:

...DH and I were discussing how many "Diney Visa points" we have accumulated so far (about 700!). Sure wish codes would come out already so I can book a vaca!!!!:mad: (it also didn't help that "MAGIC" posted some really great suite shots of WL!!:(

:teeth: Sorry, HughJackman'n'me in 17 days I'll be at WDW, without any
children...

:jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Last August DH and I had an upgrade from woodsview to courtyard ; I guess all room have about the same planimetry and WE NEVER FELT to be tight !!!

We had two queens and there was a lot of walking space around EACH bed !

:hyper: absolutely lovely !!!!:hyper:

Laura

I have to share with all of you since no one I know in "real life" really understands my love of Disney.

DH, DS (5) and I are going from 1/2/05 - 1/08/05!!

And we decided to book a Concierge room!

This will be our 4th WL visit in as many years... it really is like "home" to me. Last year we upgraded to Concierge at check-in for $50 more a night - but I realllllly wanted it this time and didn't want to chance it not being available.

Now I have to decide which tickets to get.....

I can't wait! I can't wait!

:Pinkbounc

oooh - I should add a counter!

Kimmar / HughJackman n me/whateveryournameis...where has your sister Cindy been?

You should also enter your dates in my "Who's Going" webpage/database. See who else is going when you are!

As for your dates, we are booked for 1/10 to 1/16 so are right behind you!! Too bad we won't be able to meet.

The good news is your dates are within the christmas decoration dates so you will probably see the lodge all decked out for the holidays.

Fred

Originally posted by lisadam
DH, DS (5) and I are going from 1/2/05 - 1/08/05!!
I can't wait! I can't wait!

I'll do that too - I've been busy making a countdown clock!

By the way - I don't post much - but I have been reading - congratulations on the new addition to the family.

By the way - I'm in Central Jersey too - We just moved to Westfield (Union County) in August

I'm glad the tree will still be up - it was our last two visits in November '03 and '04

I stayed at the CR before and the decor is less than fantastic, but hopping on the monorail is a nice consolation. I am really going to miss hearing "Welcome Home" when I drive in...:

Betsy

So sorry no WELCOME HOME, but do you get free Jelly with your toast while staying at the GIANT TOASTER?

:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter