The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

A whopping 10 minutes for me yesterday, but I loved reading everyone else's posts. - Thanks for the Pete's Dragon float pic @sophy1996 - he's always one of my favs! And I loved the the Small World song/article - I've been "mushy" lately anyway, but I actually teared up at the part about it being "a simple child's prayer".

160/500

We headed out to Disneyland to catch the “Happy 15” early opening for resort guests. It doesn’t sound like much, to be able to get in 15 minutes early, but it let us be ahead of the wave. We had two rides done (including Pooh’s Hunny Hunt) and honey popcorn in hand by 9:10 am.

Pooh really was super cute and well done.

Walked around a bit since we had only seen some of the park in the dark the night before. Re-rode some favorites and saw some of the Easter parade. Some people seemed to have been waiting for the 11:00 parade since the park opened! More snacks.

Then it was time to move to Disney Sea. Bell services took our bags (and they duly appeared in our room in the Mira Costa later).

DisneySea really is amazing.

We had some pizza at Restaurant if Canaletto (really excellent) and were lucky to win the lottery for tickets to Big Band Beat. We walked around the American Waterfront and Mysterious Island areas. After the show we used a FP from our package for Toy Story. The queue was awesome, the game the same, just as advertised. Then we explored more of Mediterranean Harbor before heading to Magellan’s for dinner. Great food and theming.

Unfortunately this is where I crashed. Our room was ready and I went to sleep super early (now I’m up in the middle of the night Japanese time writing this).

Walking: 200 minutes

590/1600

Snacks: honey popcorn, Mike Wasowski melon bread, red-bean paste bun, Mickey head brownie, Easter cake, various special drinks

Oh, and there isn’t any blueberry popcorn now, so sadly not possible to mix blueberry and chocolate!

Kid in elevator had the popular chip and dale popcorn bucket. Lots and lots of Duffy gear. Stella Lou the rabbit also.

We headed out to Disneyland to catch the “Happy 15” early opening for resort guests. It doesn’t sound like much, to be able to get in 15 minutes early, but it let us be ahead of the wave. We had two rides done (including Pooh’s Hunny Hunt) and honey popcorn in hand by 9:10 am.

Pooh really was super cute and well done.

Walked around a bit since we had only seen some of the park in the dark the night before. Re-rode some favorites and saw some of the Easter parade. Some people seemed to have been waiting for the 11:00 parade since the park opened! More snacks.

Then it was time to move to Disney Sea. Bell services took our bags (and they duly appeared in our room in the Mira Costa later).

DisneySea really is amazing.

We had some pizza at Restaurant if Canaletto (really excellent) and were lucky to win the lottery for tickets to Big Band Beat. We walked around the American Waterfront and Mysterious Island areas. After the show we used a FP from our package for Toy Story. The queue was awesome, the game the same, just as advertised. Then we explored more of Mediterranean Harbor before heading to Magellan’s for dinner. Great food and theming.

Unfortunately this is where I crashed. Our room was ready and I went to sleep super early (now I’m up in the middle of the night Japanese time writing this).

Walking: 200 minutes

590/1600

Snacks: honey popcorn, Mike Wasowski melon bread, red-bean paste bun, Mickey head brownie, Easter cake, various special drinks

Oh, and there isn’t any blueberry popcorn now, so sadly not possible to mix blueberry and chocolate!

Kid in elevator had the popular chip and dale popcorn bucket. Lots and lots of Duffy gear. Stella Lou the rabbit also.

I previously had you down for 380, so that would jump to 580. However, I have a feeling you really did walk an extra 10 minutes at some point that day or maybe I've gotten my numbers off somewhere on here, so I've still put down 590.

I am now craving honey popcorn. How fun that you rode Pooh's Hunny Hunt and then found some honey popcorn to try. Very immersive! Bummer about the blueberry/chocolate combo, but it sounds like there's no shortage of snacks to try.

I love reading about your trip! It's like reliving our group's virtual trip all over again! : ) Thanks so much for popping in here and sharing your days.

So many color changes to report!!!!! We actually did make it to TEAM Ovation Orange yesterday thanks to minutes posted by ljcrochet and BonnieF. And today's minutes pushed us a good bit over the 25% mark. Well done, TEAM!!!!

But that's not all! We also have ljcrochet, BonnieF, and sophy1996 all reaching Ovation Orange, too!

party:party:party:party:party:party:

To celebrate our progress so far, let's sing along with the Muppets:

I remember singing this and Rainbow Connection for a school assembly when I was in elementary school. The song was originally released in 1979 in the soundtrack to The Muppet Movie. Disney didn't acquire the Muppets until 2004.

View attachment 399906

Here is the view from our MC room. It’s this light at 4:30 am! Mount Prometheus across the harbor is just out of sight on the right.

@Twilight Sparkle, i’m so tired I didn’t remember 380 or 390 from the time I looked at the first page to the time I posted! It’s all a guess anyway.

Oh, wow. That's really light for that early in the morning. Beautiful view. No worries on the minutes. We'll leave it as is.

No color changes so far today, but here's an upbeat song to hopefully get us all in the mood to move:

Or it might just make you miss the ocean.

From Disney Fandom: "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" is the main song from the film Lilo & Stitch. It is sung by off-screen Hawaiian singers [Mark Kealiʻi Hoʻomalu and The Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus] and is heard during a surfing day with Lilo, Nani, David, and Stitch. The song has become the most popular of the franchise, and is one of Disney's most beloved songs.

60 minutes in the garden, planting and weeding. (375/1000).
Hearing It’s a Small World brought back the memory of getting stuck on the ride. We were in the last room - the exit was in sight - when the ride stopped. After getting bumped about 5 times as the boats behind us banged into each other, we sat for about 20 minutes! As the song played and played and played. I was ready to walk to the exit!!! We still laugh about it.

I love "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride"!

40 minutes since my last post, and not on the treadmill! - We actually had nice weather yesterday, and I got outside for a real walk with MIL and the dog they're watching.

200/500

60 minutes in the garden, planting and weeding. (375/1000).
Hearing It’s a Small World brought back the memory of getting stuck on the ride. We were in the last room - the exit was in sight - when the ride stopped. After getting bumped about 5 times as the boats behind us banged into each other, we sat for about 20 minutes! As the song played and played and played. I was ready to walk to the exit!!! We still laugh about it.

What a fun memory! I think my daughter and husband would have joined you on that walk to the exit. They humor me for one ride, but 20 extra minutes of that song would do them in.

I love "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride"!

40 minutes since my last post, and not on the treadmill! - We actually had nice weather yesterday, and I got outside for a real walk with MIL and the dog they're watching.

200/500

Sounds like a nice day! I'm guessing the cat stayed home this time?

mothers_day2.jpg

No color changes so far. It seems to be a busy holiday weekend. I hope all of our moms out there are feeling the love today! For all that moms are and do, this song from Tarzan is for you:

DA35D30A-B983-46C5-A038-C3AAE65C5011.jpeg

Let’s throw on 250 minutes for the weekend.

840/1600

Saturday: DisneySea first thing. It was so fun to have totally different rides like Sinbad, Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues, Aquatopia boats, and Nemo Searider!

Snacks: blueberry vanilla mousse, some buns from a bakery, and stumbled over honey popcorn with no line.

Near noon we left the park and went to visit a new Tokyo museum, teamLab Borderless digital art museum. Digital projections on walls and floor, LED lights, all kinds of stuff. (Picture above)

We had lunch at a well-known ramen chain Ippudo and then rested in the room for a bit.

Early evening back to DisneySea (much less crowded than earlier) and closed the park out.

Sunday morning we were back for Happy 15. We only had a couple of hours but we were the first riders on Raging Spirits coaster and the steamer boat that morning (had our own private boat!). Also did one last spin on Journey.

And we got a gyoza bun (line had been way too long before).

Then it was time to leave TDR and head to the port for the cruise we’re taking (trans-Pacific to Alaska).

A most excellent visit. If you get the chance, go! Any veteran of the US parks will have no problems handling TDR.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter