The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Twilight Sparkle, Apr 30, 2019.

1. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

20 minutes on the treadmill yesterday = 220/500

2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet DIS Veteran

Lazy weekend
    according to my watch
    5/10 2 minutes
    5/11 16 minutes
    5/12 11 minutes

We took my girls for their interview for global entry. We are going to England and France in June. My girls convinced my husband we have to go to disneyland Paris during our trip.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MikeNamez

MikeNamez DIS Veteran

Thursday 40 min walk on lunch
    Saturday 60 min walk with the dogs
    Sunday 45 min cutting the grass

270/750

5. Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle DIS Veteran

130 minutes horses and walking

830/1860

BonnieF, PollyannaMom and Oneanne like this.
  6. Oneanne

Oneanne DIS Veteran

Catching up for the past few days: +80 minutes

280/930

7. Twilight Sparkle

How exciting! We did global entry for all of us a few months ago since we're heading to London this fall. I'd love to hear all about your trip when you return. Disneyland Paris would be so much fun. Too bad I couldn't convince the rest of my family to take the train to Paris while we're there.

8. Twilight Sparkle

Wow! Three color changes today! Congrats to MikeNamez and Oneanne for reaching Ovation Orange and to sophy1996 for being the first to reach Pat on the Back Purple!!!! :figment::tigger::figment::tigger:

Here's a song from Moana that always makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I hope it inspires you, as well:

And this is a great article about Lin-Manuel Miranda's process of creating How Far I'll Go.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. Twilight Sparkle

TDR and a trans-Pacific cruise?! You guys sure know how to plan incredible vacations. That sounds like the way to do this! So much better than a long, sad flight home.

10. BonnieF

BonnieF Is it time for Food & Wine Yet??

60 minutes at the gym on this lousy day (435/1000).
    @Twilight Sparkle and @ljcrochet, sounds like great trips! We did global entry a couple of years ago and can’t say enough how great it it! Pre-check is good, but kind of hit or miss at our airport. We often start on a shorter line, but then merge with the regular line at the actual screening. It’s good not to have to take off your shoes, though. But, when you get off the plane coming home, so tired from the long trip, and see the loooooong lines, it’s a good pick-me-up to find the blue flag and literally sail through!

How Far I’ll Go is one of my absolute favorite songs! Love Moana!

11. Twilight Sparkle

I'm sorry today was a lousy day! :sad1: Hopefully it's just the weather and nothing else going wrong in your life.

Thanks for the insight into global entry. It sounds like it will be worth the time and the $.

12. BonnieF

BonnieF Is it time for Food & Wine Yet??

@Twilight Sparkle - just the weather! It’s been so cold and rainy yesterday and today, and they’re saying tomorrow, too. We’d planned to go to brunch yesterday in a restaurant that’s on the boardwalk in a beach town. But the place is seasonal and has mostly roll down plastic walls and it was 45 degrees with 30 mile an hour winds. Yes, we canceled! I’m just tired of all the rain over the last month. I don’t know how people in Seattle survive!

13. Twilight Sparkle

Bummer about brunch. Hope you found a nice alternative. Too much rain - especially cold rain - is never fun.

BonnieF likes this.
  14. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

25 new minutes

245/500

BonnieF and Twilight Sparkle like this.
  15. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith DIS Veteran

@sophy1996 Sounds like an amazing time in TDR! I hope to get out there some day, glad to see that you believe that any US park veteran will be able to survive. :P

Adding 175 minutes since Thursday. I took a 15 minute walk on Thursday, a 20 minute walk on Friday, and a 20 minute walk today. Over the weekend, I visited my family in Cincy for mothers day and got a King's Island season pass. I spent about 6 hours in the park this weekend, so I'm counting a third of it for minutes, so +120 for walking this weekend.

390/880

16. sjrec

sjrec DIS Veteran

May 13, 40 minutes

300/900

17. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

+ 90

930/1600

Our ship got a warm welcome on its first visit to Muroran, Japan (on the northernmost island, Hoikkado). We toured some beautiful national park areas and were waved off with a nice performance by local kids.

18. piglet1979

piglet1979 DIS Veteran

May 10th - 76 Minutes
    May 11th - 28 Minutes
    May 12th - 122 minutes
    May 13th - 13 Minutes

Total - 375/930

19. Twilight Sparkle

110 minute hike yesterday evening ending with a fantastic unexpected viewing of a nighthawk feeding frenzy over the lake at dusk. Our daughter wasn't with us, but since she's our bird lover, I'm taking her tonight to hopefully give her a chance to see them. My husband counted at least 50 nighthawks last night. I was too mesmerized to count them.

940/1860

20. Twilight Sparkle

3 more color changes today: piglet1979 and Elizabeth Smith move to Ovation Orange, and Twilight Sparkle (me) is now at Pat on the Back Purple. Congrats to our newest color changers! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Our TEAM has jumped up to 44% which is not too bad for almost halfway through the month. We need 613 minutes to reach our next color change.

Since sophy1996 is cruising across the ocean, I think it's time we sing along to Under the Sea:

This song was released in 1989 as part of the soundtrack for The Little Mermaid and has remained popular ever since. Here's a bit of trivia related to Under the Sea:

• The song is based on the song "The Beautiful Briny Sea" from the 1971 film Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
    • The track won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1989.
    • The song is present throughout all the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts around the world as well as the Disney Cruise Line.
    • The music is briefly heard during Aladdin just before Genie turns Aladdin into a prince. During this segment, the Genie opens a recipe book to find a supposed recipe for a prince and comes upon "Alaskan king crab", a snippet of "Under the Sea" playing as he pulls Sebastian from his finger.

21. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

72786E94-BFFC-459A-A2A6-42F0D28D5A94.jpeg

Hopefully we remain safely above the sea. :D

Sebastian was at DisneySea, at the Mermaid Lagoon area (naturally).