• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

You and Jen are cracking me up! I read the first few installments of her trip last night. Good stuff!! :thumbsup2 I'll bet they close the thread on me though, before I'm done.

If they do close the thread, come on over to my PTR and comment. I love to hear what you think!

She's fun to DIS with, for sure!

Awww Glen, you're too kind :blush::laughing:

She wrote a nice TR and it deserves some more reads before they file it away.

Okay, now you've really done it :blush::blush:

I don't know if they'll close it on you, mine's hung around a while. Do they send you a PM or anything, or do they just move it to Completed?

I wonder that myself. It would be nice if they PM you, just so you aren't expecting anymore comments. We shall see....

If they do close the thread, come on over to my PTR and comment. I love to hear what you think!

Ok, feeling rather numb-headed now. For sure I'm really going to look at your siggie now... :headache: Sorry, be there in a minute...

You're right, it isn't easy. From what I've observed: high highs and low lows. She can go from being very pumped-up to very discouraged. (I just try to be a good "listener" :hug: and wait-out the lows knowing "this too shall pass".) They form a lot of good friendships though.

Vienna was our "trip of a lifetime". Even more so because we spent a few days in Belgium to visit my "Belgian brother" -- an exchange student my family hosted back in the late '70's. I hadn't seen him for probably over 15 years.

I think that's true of all sales but perhaps more so in a hierarchy thing like PChef.

I :love: Vienna.

The desserts....OH the desserts!

And I'm not a dessert person!

:rotfl2:

You don't work for the tourism department do you?

Now let's not resort to violence. :littleangel:

And a lotta things have to happen before we can go on that trip.

One additional assumption I'm making (for the Ko Olina part) that I forgot to mention: DVC has to allow owners at other resorts to use their points there. That hasn't been stated yet. They haven't even begun to sell the place yet, so who knows.

I think it's a safe assumption that you will be able to. Whether you can actually get anything is another story but conceptually...

It is beautiful....we loved it. I assume you're referring to sacher torte? Yes, we had some of that but I preferred sitting in a cafe and enjoying some apfelstrudel and a coffee. I also brought back a cake called gugelhupf that I bought the morning we left and ate with our kids that night back home. I wanted to give them a "taste". We've since made our own gugelhupf cakes after finding a recipe on the internet.

I can't even think of the names of all the amazing things in the general dessert category, I will forever associate Vienna with being the most delectable city I have ever been to!

Sacher Torte, yes but so many other things!

Magical.

I think really, it's Goofy's Candy Kitchen.

For adults.

It is beautiful....we loved it. I assume you're referring to sacher torte? Yes, we had some of that but I preferred sitting in a cafe and enjoying some apfelstrudel and a coffee. I also brought back a cake called gugelhupf that I bought the morning we left and ate with our kids that night back home. I wanted to give them a "taste". We've since made our own gugelhupf cakes after finding a recipe on the internet.

I can't even think of the names of all the amazing things in the general dessert category, I will forever associate Vienna with being the most delectable city I have ever been to!

Sacher Torte, yes but so many other things!

Magical.

I think really, it's Goofy's Candy Kitchen.

For adults.

eandesmom, that's what I meant when referring to "cake"! It is not just the Sacher Torte (which I personally don't like that much...) but the variety. Glenbo, like you I rather prefer the apple strudel! :goodvibes

And the Guglhupf is a great cake, too!

My wife said we interacted like we'd never been apart. He's tough to keep track of though. He's divorced and moves a lot. We can't keep up with his ever-changing addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail. We've found that the best way to contact him is through his ex-wife.

I nearly lost touch with my hot family as well, but my host brothers daughter (she was 7 when I was there) found me on face book and now I am friends with them there and it is wonderful for staying in touch. Even my 72 year old host father is on facebook! :woohoo:

The Hawaii trip (if we earn it) would be May 12-15, 2011).
well if you wife earns or we should start saying when she earns it, we will be there that same time.

we are oging after my BIL graduats college i think that is the 6th or 7th of may, so our trips will overlap, maybe we can meet up for a drink at the margaritaville on the beach.

:thumbsup2

They are welcome to make reservations for the same times and join us, but we aren’t going to try to add people to our reservation (with the exception of Boma mentioned earlier). I’m afraid that’d turn into a nightmare :eek: of changes in plans and edits and we’d probably end up losing the times/places we’d like to go.
Good point. You def don’t want to lose all your ADR’s.

It’s Hawaii!!! :beach:
Woohoo! Good luck on the points!

Awww Glen, you're too kind :blush::laughing:

Okay, now you've really done it :blush::blush:

Hey, you left out post #303! :laughing:

Yes, but so much more than desserts.....weiner schnitzel, street-vendor sausages, and I had a boiled beef entree (boiled beef doesn't sound all that appetizing) called tafelspitz that was really good.

I think it's a safe assumption that you will be able to. Whether you can actually get anything is another story but conceptually...

Like you, I think that they'll let us use our points there. Yeah, availability could be "iffy".

eandesmom, that's what I meant when referring to "cake"! It is not just the Sacher Torte (which I personally don't like that much...) but the variety. Glenbo, like you I rather prefer the apple strudel! :goodvibes

I thought the Sacher Torte was kind of dry. Sacrilege to say that though, I know. I can say it now that I'm thousands of miles away.

And the Guglhupf is a great cake, too!

::yes::

I nearly lost touch with my hot family as well, but my host brothers daughter (she was 7 when I was there) found me on face book and now I am friends with them there and it is wonderful for staying in touch. Even my 72 year old host father is on facebook! :woohoo:

That's great you were able to find each other again. I'm not on facebook, but my mother (about the same age as your host father) is. I'm not sure what that says about me.

well if you wife earns or we should start saying when she earns it, we will be there that same time.

we are oging after my BIL graduats college i think that is the 6th or 7th of may, so our trips will overlap, maybe we can meet up for a drink at the margaritaville on the beach.

:thumbsup2

That is so cool. All the more reason she's gotta earn that trip!

Good point. You def don’t want to lose all your ADR’s.

Woohoo! Good luck on the points!

Thanks. We shall see.

Well it started with the discussion after the 'Ohana post in my TR. You can start on this page but you'll find it down towards the bottom of the page, right after the TR installment. That's where we got into the whole "poop sack" vs. "vein" discussion.

Then, more recently, Liesa (All7OfUs) had what you could call a "bad shrimp encounter" which can be read here. Fortunately, all affected are better now, I believe.

Hi Jenbear,

That would have been me. It was an accidental non-cooking incident I blame on idiocy (sp?). You can read about the unfortunate incident here:

Reason to be Thankful #435

Just so the pimping my own PTR becomes overly obvious to our host (sorry, Glenn!) I'll just offer a humble invitation to join our lunacy over there!

Hey, you left out post #303! :laughing:

Oh my goodness. Didn't even see that or the above posts. :eek: Thanks for the shameless plug, Glen :) I've got a few more readers because of that. Apparently I missed quite a bit after I asked about the shrimp poop sack. :laughing: I shall go back and catch up. All7OfUs--I'm heading right over to your PTR now! Man, I have some catching up to do :faint:

Oh my goodness. Didn't even see that or the above posts. :eek: Thanks for the shameless plug, Glen :) I've got a few more readers because of that. Apparently I missed quite a bit after I asked about the shrimp poop sack. :laughing: I shall go back and catch up. All7OfUs--I'm heading right over to your PTR now! Man, I have some catching up to do :faint:

My pleasure. Glad it got you some more readers!

Enjoy catching up. :surfweb:

do we have to go to a party or can judy send us a catalog and we can just buy stuff from her..I'll do my part to get you guys to HI.

Great! See you on the flip side! :banana:

Meantime, carry on!

what is a glufpul cake?

all that conversation and all I can think about is the dessert.:)

what is a glufpul cake?

Its Gugelhupf! :goodvibes It is bundt cake that it made with a sweet yeast dough. Not extremely excitng, but very traditional! And still very good! :goodvibes

do we have to go to a party or can judy send us a catalog and we can just buy stuff from her..I'll do my part to get you guys to HI.

Wow! Thanks Jordan!

You don't have to go to a party (she'll be having an open house here in a few weeks and you're welcome to come if you wanna fly out), but you can go to her website: www.pamperedchef.biz/chefjudy

"Shop Online" is in the lower-left on the screen.

Edited to add: select "direct-shipping" to have it sent to your home. Also, she can only do U.S. orders.

what is a glufpul cake?

Its Gugelhupf! :goodvibes It is bundt cake that it made with a sweet yeast dough. Not extremely excitng, but very traditional! And still very good! :goodvibes

That's a good description. It's not a "decadent" dessert, but we like to make it every now and then to remind us of our trip. The recipe I found uses whipped egg whites (as the "leavening" I think?). And was actually a marmorgugelhupf -- like marble cake.

In PChef-speak the bundt pan is called a "fluted pan". ;)

That's a good description. It's not a "decadent" dessert, but we like to make it every now and then to remind us of our trip. The recipe I found uses whipped egg whites (as the "leavening" I think?). And was actually a marmorgugelhupf -- like marble cake.

In PChef-speak the bundt pan is called a "fluted pan". ;)

Eggwhites are often used as leavening in baked stuff. Sometimes our family celebrates Passover, and since no yeast is allowed we always make a cake using eggwhites to make it rise. Very tasty!!!

Eggwhites are often used as leavening in baked stuff. Sometimes our family celebrates Passover, and since no yeast is allowed we always make a cake using eggwhites to make it rise. Very tasty!!!

Thanks for confirming my thinking! I'm much more experienced with the eating than with the baking. (They should have a smilie of someone eating. Makes me think of Remy in "Ratatouille" -- "Don't just hoark it down!!!")

It sounds good.
smilieeatingcookies.gif
smiley2eatingpopcorn.gif

cake.gif

1sm201cake2.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter