The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

Before I begin, let me just say that I acknowledge I may have gone overboard with the smilies in this post. But it looked a little boring without them, so I just went with it! Okay, with that off my chest, we can begin...

Well the tallying up of final points toward the incentive trip has been completed and we have a picture :artist: of who is going on the trip. Who, meaning what other PChef consultants in Judy’s hierarchy. You may know that PChef, like most other direct-selling businesses, is a hierarchy of people recruited by other people, and some promote to various levels which then determine % commissions, overrides, etc. etc. :rainbow:

The director directly (sorry, couldn’t resist) above Judy is going on the trip, and we will be eating at Boma with them. They love that restaurant too. I made the reservation (you know I gotta have control) for both of our families. They trust me though, and know I’m a planner. A few years ago we went with them to Vienna (another incentive trip) and I planned our excursions, a dinner out and a concert :rockband: (no, not that kind of concert) :charac2: (that's better), not to mention figured out how to get around the city on the trains. :teleport:

Below Judy, four people earned the trip; two directly below her and two more down the chain. We may split a room with one of these families, if we aren’t allowed 5 in a room :crowded: at CSR, but that’s still an unknown right now. One of these ladies earned the higher-level trip and will be staying at the Contemporary, so I’m sure she’s excited. :hyper: I’m very bummed though :( that one consultant directly under Judy didn’t earn the trip -- her kids are at that perfect age to enjoy Disney and they’ve never been before. I may have mentioned that in a previous post. She realized in December that the finish line was just….too….far. She was so close, but it was still out of reach.

I gave Judy all of our dining reservation info. and I think she’s sent it out to these other families. They are welcome to make reservations for the same times and join us, but we aren’t going to try to add people to our reservation (with the exception of Boma mentioned earlier). I’m afraid that’d turn into a nightmare :eek: of changes in plans and edits and we’d probably end up losing the times/places we’d like to go.

One final item. PChef announced where next year’s incentive trip is (earned in 2010, trip in 2011). It’s Hawaii!!! :beach: One of two places on Judy’s “list” (the other being Australia…I’ve already been, but that’s another story). Actually the lower-level trip is Toronto, Canada, and the higher-level trip is Maui, Hawaii, kind of like earning the Contemporary versus Coronado Springs for this year’s Disney trip. But Judy really wants to earn Hawaii (no offense to my Canadian readers, you know who you are, and I bet you’d rather be in Hawaii too ::yes::). The point-level to earn Hawaii is nearly 40% higher than what Judy earned this year, so it will be verrrryyy difficult. :worried: But she’s pretty determined, and she reminded me that she earned Vienna when she set her sights on it. The kids were excited when they heard “Hawaii”, but then that excitement went out the window when it was explained that it was a trip for 2, and they’re not in the equation. :teacher:

Now, how cool :cool2: would it be if we were able to combine a PChef trip to Hawaii with a stay at the brand-new DVC resort in Hawaii, Ko Olina? :cool1: The last I heard, Ko Olina isn’t projected to open until late in 2011, and the PChef trip would be in May….but they finished Bay Lake Tower early, so maybe there’s hope. Anyway, a couple of big hurdles there…I need Judy workin’, workin’, workin’ and the construction people workin’, workin’, workin’ but maybe….just maybe. :scratchin

Link to next chapter

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a rich vacation full of fun and friends! Boma sounds fun, and I think you're right- don't make a whole bunch of huge ressies for people who may or may not show up. It'd be a planning nightmare!

Wow! Hawaii would be a blast- can I just say it now? WITHOUT the kids! Nice! Go, Judy, Go!! :cheer2: Go Construction Workers, Go! :cheer2:

You know, I'm really kinda sad for the mom who didn't make it! Stress that "really"! Perfect aged kids, and she was aced out. Sad. :sad1:

Love! the smilies!

Just so the pimping my own PTR becomes overly obvious to our host (sorry, Glenn!) I'll just offer a humble invitation to join our lunacy over there!

That's fine. As long as she comes back here on occasion.

And as long as we're pimping, she (jenbear123 -- no relation by the way, even though we have the same last name "123") just finished a very nice TR you should check out ---> link to jenbear's TR Her sister "Bubba" is a CM at Le Cellier.

Wow! Hawaii would be a blast- can I just say it now? WITHOUT the kids! Nice! Go, Judy, Go!! :cheer2: Go Construction Workers, Go! :cheer2:

They usually try to mix it up, offering family-oriented things some years and couples things for others.

Love it! :cheer2: I didn't think to use the cheerleader smilie for that part. Doh!

You know, I'm really kinda sad for the mom who didn't make it! Stress that "really"! Perfect aged kids, and she was aced out. Sad. :sad1:

That's the downside of the incentive trips, when someone works really hard, and gets close, but doesn't make it. :sad2:

That's fine. As long as she comes back here on occasion.

And as long as we're pimping, she (jenbear123 -- no relation by the way, even though we have the same last name "123") just finished a very nice TR you should check out ---> link to jenbear's TR Her sister "Bubba" is a CM at Le Cellier.

Definitely will be going over to check it out! Thanks for letting me know. sometimes (like in the case of yours) I'm dense, and forget to look at people's siggie links.

Anway, I have spent the last 20 minutes looking at your $5 trippie and went to reply. DOH! :headache: They closed it!! Poop!

So, you'll have to put up with my comments here.

First off, I can't wait to go on a KP mission. But, like you, I don't think I'd pick Norway as my first choice.

Glad you liked M:S orange. I felt "odd" after it last time, but thankfully it wasn't a barf-o-rama!

Pretty funny rhyme Judy cracked, "Stop your snorin'.... " Did she mean to do that!!? :lmao:

We caught Sergio too. He's pretty funny! Not hilarious, but pretty funny. I suppose as long as james needed the break, he'd be a good laugh to wait out the time. Maybe even better, and funnier, with some Italian champagne. :confused3 But I think some beir is now in order.

Viena and Hawaii? those are great trips!

I'd take those over a pink cadilac any day!

It's very wise of you to not try to make adr's for all the group...you must want to return with a full head of hair.

Definitely will be going over to check it out! Thanks for letting me know. sometimes (like in the case of yours) I'm dense, and forget to look at people's siggie links.

Anway, I have spent the last 20 minutes looking at your $5 trippie and went to reply. DOH! :headache: They closed it!! Poop!

Yes, it went down for me right after (whew!) I made the post above, so I went to bed.

So, you'll have to put up with my comments here.

First off, I can't wait to go on a KP mission. But, like you, I don't think I'd pick Norway as my first choice.

Glad you liked M:S orange. I felt "odd" after it last time, but thankfully it wasn't a barf-o-rama!

Makes me think of GreatBiscuit's post re. Mission Space Orange. He felt fine after one ride, so went a second time and that just about did him in.

Judy said she'll try Orange next time. She doesn't like spinning rides, but I told her that it doesn't exactly feel like you're spinning and you don't see anything spinning by. It's more that your arms get heavy and your facial skin (depending on how much of it you have ;)) kind of pulls back.

Pretty funny rhyme Judy cracked, "Stop your snorin'.... " Did she mean to do that!!? :lmao:

Not really. I call her "the Queen of unintended puns". I look for funny...she doesn't. She'll say funny things and not even realize it -- I have to point them out to her. I wish I had said them. There are several, but the only onen I remember right now was one time her mom asked her, "Judy, do you remember when you were little and you used to hold your breath until you passed out?" Judy replied, completely unintentionally, with the absolutely perfect one-word answer: "faintly." :rotfl2:

We caught Sergio too. He's pretty funny! Not hilarious, but pretty funny. I suppose as long as james needed the break, he'd be a good laugh to wait out the time. Maybe even better, and funnier, with some Italian champagne. :confused3 But I think some beir is now in order.

Yes, he was good to catch while we were taking a break. I love that Epcot has all of those little shows that you can just "happen" upon. (But now you've got the handy-dandy timetable to help you "happen" upon them!)

Viena and Hawaii? those are great trips!

I'd take those over a pink cadilac any day!

I'd be so tempted to take that pink Caddy to Maaco or Earl Scheib for a new paint job!

It's very wise of you to not try to make adr's for all the group...you must want to return with a full head of hair.

Yes, I plan to keep my hair and my sanity (let's just assume it does exist).

hawaii in may of 2011, thats when we are planning a trip there.

going to maui,

candis parents have a time share there, and he rsister lives on that island.

we are planning 1 week at the resort and 1 week with her sister

that would be funny if our trips overlapped there

:thumbsup2

Great update, sounds like you will have lots of "friends" to play with or meet up with if it works out, but very very wise you are only making ADR's for your clan!

Very sad about the one woman who didn't make the trip, hopefully she can earn something for next year. I admire people who can do things like PChef and make a living at it, it can't be easy.

I hope to try MS Orange this trip, maybe I'll see how Judy does on it as my test!

Maui :love:

for 2 even :thumbsup2

Vienna is even more wow for me just from a trip earning perspective. Wishing Judy luck, that's a big goal but it is fun to have something like that to work for, when incentives are done right they can be very very motivating!

Before I begin, let me just say that I acknowledge I may have gone overboard with the smilies in this post. But it looked a little boring without them, so I just went with it! Okay, with that off my chest, we can begin...

Hey,:goodvibes I'm all about the smilies:cool2::)! Keep:dance3: 'em coming:cheer2::woohoo::yay::rotfl2:

Actually the lower-level trip is Toronto, Canada, and the higher-level trip is Maui, Hawaii, kind of like earning the Contemporary versus Coronado Springs for this year’s Disney trip. But Judy really wants to earn Hawaii (no offense to my Canadian readers, you know who you are, and I bet you’d rather be in Hawaii too ::yes::).

:lmao: Okay I'm sorry I just about died of laughter when I read this. How can you possibly compare Toronto to Hawaii?!?! That's like comparing a ditch to the Ritz Carlton. :rotfl2: (I might be slightly biased since I live in this stinkin' city. It gets a bit monotonous after 24 years) Seriously, I do not blame Judy one bit for wanting to go to Hawaii. But hey, if you do end up with Toronto, I know the perfect tour guide for you :wave2: As much as I'd love to show you around Toronto though, I still hope you earn Hawaii.

The point-level to earn Hawaii is nearly 40% higher than what Judy earned this year, so it will be verrrryyy difficult. :worried: But she’s pretty determined, and she reminded me that she earned Vienna when she set her sights on it.

:cheer2: Go, Judy, Go! :cheer2:

The kids were excited when they heard “Hawaii”, but then that excitement went out the window when it was explained that it was a trip for 2, and they’re not in the equation. :teacher:

Bummer :headache:

Now, how cool :cool2: would it be if we were able to combine a PChef trip to Hawaii with a stay at the brand-new DVC resort in Hawaii, Ko Olina? :cool1:

A part of me is thinking how cool that would be and another part (very small part of course :p ) wants to kick yo--- I mean, um... need help carrying your luggage? :rolleyes1

hawaii in may of 2011, thats when we are planning a trip there.

going to maui,

candis parents have a time share there, and he rsister lives on that island.

we are planning 1 week at the resort and 1 week with her sister

that would be funny if our trips overlapped there

:thumbsup2

That's incredible! I'm glad I mentioned it first, or you'd think I was stalking you. If you've mentioned it on your PTR I missed it. :duck:

Sounds like your trip to Hawaii is more solid than ours. I presume you won't be taking the camper for that one! :boat: Have you been there before?

We'll definitely have to get together, at least for a DISboard photo, this June.

Very sad about the one woman who didn't make the trip, hopefully she can earn something for next year. I admire people who can do things like PChef and make a living at it, it can't be easy.

You're right, it isn't easy. From what I've observed: high highs and low lows. She can go from being very pumped-up to very discouraged. (I just try to be a good "listener" :hug: and wait-out the lows knowing "this too shall pass".) They form a lot of good friendships though.

Vienna is even more wow for me just from a trip earning perspective. Wishing Judy luck, that's a big goal but it is fun to have something like that to work for, when incentives are done right they can be very very motivating!

Vienna was our "trip of a lifetime". Even more so because we spent a few days in Belgium to visit my "Belgian brother" -- an exchange student my family hosted back in the late '70's. I hadn't seen him for probably over 15 years.

:lmao: Okay I'm sorry I just about died of laughter when I read this. How can you possibly compare Toronto to Hawaii?!?! That's like comparing a ditch to the Ritz Carlton. :rotfl2: (I might be slightly biased since I live in this stinkin' city. It gets a bit monotonous after 24 years)

:rotfl2:

You don't work for the tourism department do you?

A part of me is thinking how cool that would be and another part (very small part of course :p ) wants to kick yo--- I mean, um... need help carrying your luggage? :rolleyes1

Now let's not resort to violence. :littleangel:

And a lotta things have to happen before we can go on that trip.

One additional assumption I'm making (for the Ko Olina part) that I forgot to mention: DVC has to allow owners at other resorts to use their points there. That hasn't been stated yet. They haven't even begun to sell the place yet, so who knows.

That's incredible! I'm glad I mentioned it first, or you'd think I was stalking you. If you've mentioned it on your PTR I missed it. :duck:

Sounds like your trip to Hawaii is more solid than ours. I presume you won't be taking the camper for that one! :boat: Have you been there before?

We'll definitely have to get together, at least for a DISboard photo, this June.
i might have on and off somewhere, not sure if i did on the TR yet.

nope have not been, and nope wont take the camper, not sure i want to paddle that far.

;)

when would you be going in may? do you konw the weeks?

yep we will look at our schedule when it gets closer again, to see if we can fit in a good time to meet.

i know that schedules can change up to the last minute.

:rotfl2:

You don't work for the tourism department do you?

:rolleyes1

Now let's not resort to violence. :littleangel:

:rotfl2::lmao:

And a lotta things have to happen before we can go on that trip.

Let the force be with you young skywalker

One additional assumption I'm making (for the Ko Olina part) that I forgot to mention: DVC has to allow owners at other resorts to use their points there. That hasn't been stated yet. They haven't even begun to sell the place yet, so who knows.

Boo! I hope that gets sorted out soon so you can take advantage of it.

By the way, Congrats on reaching 1,000 posts!!! :woohoo:

when would you be going in may? do you konw the weeks?

The Hawaii trip (if we earn it) would be May 12-15, 2011).

yep we will look at our schedule when it gets closer again, to see if we can fit in a good time to meet.

i know that schedules can change up to the last minute.

Yeah, there's lots of time for changes yet.

By the way, Congrats on reaching 1,000 posts!!! :woohoo:

Oh, I hadn't noticed that. Whoops, now I'm over.

Vienna was our "trip of a lifetime". Even more so because we spent a few days in Belgium to visit my "Belgian brother" -- an exchange student my family hosted back in the late '70's. I hadn't seen him for probably over 15 years.

Vienna really is a beautiful city! Austrians know how live a good life and Vienna has lots of this! I guess you did eat some cake? :cloud9:

I think it is lovely that you stayed in touch with your "Belgian brother" for so long! :goodvibes I was an exchange student in Denmark when I was in school and my family has hosted a number of students. I am still a volunteer for my exchange organization and I love hearing stories like your visit to Belgium! :thumbsup2

Yeah, good call on the dining reservations. I can only imagine the trainwreck trying to re-book to include other families.

Not really. I call her "the Queen of unintended puns". I look for funny...she doesn't. She'll say funny things and not even realize it -- I have to point them out to her. I wish I had said them. There are several, but the only onen I remember right now was one time her mom asked her, "Judy, do you remember when you were little and you used to hold your breath until you passed out?" Judy replied, completely unintentionally, with the absolutely perfect one-word answer: "faintly." :rotfl2:

Oh, thats perfect!:rotfl: Are you sure she didn't know what she was saying? Maybe she's just a comic genius and she has you all fooled!

Vienna really is a beautiful city! Austrians know how live a good life and Vienna has lots of this! I guess you did eat some cake? :cloud9:

It is beautiful....we loved it. I assume you're referring to sacher torte? Yes, we had some of that but I preferred sitting in a cafe and enjoying some apfelstrudel and a coffee. I also brought back a cake called gugelhupf that I bought the morning we left and ate with our kids that night back home. I wanted to give them a "taste". We've since made our own gugelhupf cakes after finding a recipe on the internet.

I think it is lovely that you stayed in touch with your "Belgian brother" for so long! :goodvibes I was an exchange student in Denmark when I was in school and my family has hosted a number of students. I am still a volunteer for my exchange organization and I love hearing stories like your visit to Belgium! :thumbsup2

My wife said we interacted like we'd never been apart. He's tough to keep track of though. He's divorced and moves a lot. We can't keep up with his ever-changing addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail. We've found that the best way to contact him is through his ex-wife.

Oh, thats perfect!:rotfl: Are you sure she didn't know what she was saying? Maybe she's just a comic genius and she has you all fooled!

I am sure. She'll say something with a pun in it and be completely unaware until I point it out.

Hey!

Just making the morning rounds. You and Jen are cracking me up! I read the first few installments of her trip last night. Good stuff!! :thumbsup2 I'll bet they close the thread on me though, before I'm done.

btw, Glenn, does it bug you that I"m posting comments from your $5 trip here?? Didn't want to muddy the waters so to speak...

Hey!

Just making the morning rounds. You and Jen are cracking me up! I read the first few installments of her trip last night. Good stuff!! :thumbsup2 I'll bet they close the thread on me though, before I'm done.

She's fun to DIS with, for sure! She wrote a nice TR and it deserves some more reads before they file it away. I don't know if they'll close it on you, mine's hung around a while. Do they send you a PM or anything, or do they just move it to Completed?

btw, Glenn, does it bug you that I"m posting comments from your $5 trip here?? Didn't want to muddy the waters so to speak...

I don't mind, either place is fine. I'm just glad you're reading it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter