The most desire rooms on the Dream and Fantasy

SL6827

DIS Veteran
What are the most desired cabins on the Dream and Fantasy? And by that I mean ones that you get a better value, or better view for less? Are the handi-capped rooms much bigger than the standard ones in the same class? Are those requested by non handi-capped people a lot for such possible reason? I know when booking a room with a view, I like the star board side, but are there any special ones on the port side?

I can't offer specific cabin numbers, but if you look at the deck plans it should give you and idea of which rooms have better views, etc. Once you've found a few you are interested in, do an internet search to see if there are reviews on those specific cabin numbers.

I'm pretty sure you can't book handicapped rooms unless you have need (wheelchair, etc.). Handicapped rooms will have a roll-in shower and a wider doorway. I'm sure they have more room inside, but they are reserved for passengers who need them.

Even if you were able to book a handicapped room you run the risk of getting bumped out of the cabin if a passenger needs those accommodations.

When the Dream came out I wanted a huge veranda and decided on 10166, I searched a sailing with this room available and it was 18 months away.

There are several category 4E rooms with super large balconies. Even larger than the normal extended balconies in that category. We have one booked on a B2B on the dream next fall.

Several years ago we booked a ocean view guaranteed restricted rate. This means Disney picks the room for you. The room could have been one with a single little widows up to a veranda.
Disney picked the room for us about ten days before we sailed.
This is what we got.
I think it is room category 08A.

Last edited:
There are non-handicapped 8A oceanview rooms on decks 5 & 6 forward thst some people call "mini-suites". Those are worth checking out if you're sailing with a party of 3 or less.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can't book handicapped rooms unless you have need (wheelchair, etc.). Handicapped rooms will have a roll-in shower and a wider doorway. I'm sure they have more room inside, but they are reserved for passengers who need them.
The first time we booked a HA stateroom, we got a call from DCL the next day asking us if we really needed it. My wife has bad hips, and recently had one replaced and needs to have the other one done as well. We had started using a wheelchair for her, and so can't really get over the edge of the tub to take a shower, so the HA room made thing much easier. We told them our situation and they were fine with that. There was no note from a Dr required.

Please do not book an HA room if you don't have a need for one.

Here's hoping the new ships will have more accessible rooms or even all accessible rooms so none have to be "saved".

DH has mobility issues and uses an ECV. We booked the WBPC cruise on day 1 while on another cruise and all handicapp rooms sold out on day 1. We never got one and we booked 16 months out. It was inconvenient to have a cabin on deck 7 and had to park the ECV on deck 6. We do have a medical form on file. Now I book 18 months out to get a handicapp room. We have 6014 8A for the Fantasy in 9 days.

Several years ago we booked a ocean view guaranteed restricted rate. This means Disney picks the room for you. The room could have been one with a single little widows up to a veranda.
Disney picked the room for us about ten days before we sailed.
This is what we got.
I think it is room category 08A.

View attachment 442841

View attachment 442843

View attachment 442845

The 8A is our room of choice - particularly room 6012 (very similar to these pics, but no pole). I believe it was initially supposed to be a HA room, but it is not (6014 is). You don't get the split bath, but the added space more than makes up for it. The 8A rooms on deck 6 sleep 4, the ones on deck 5 sleep only 3.

I had room 9176 when I sailed on the Dream in September. Aft balcony, dead center. Loved the deck we were on as it was only a few decks below the pools/adult dining. Of my five cruises on DCL, by far my favorite stateroom. It was quite a walk from midship and forward, but our hallway had very little traffic and was quiet. I've also stayed midship and forward before. No more vibrations/movements being aft than I experienced in those rooms. And NO soot at all. I think it would be hard to go back to the standard verandah, however I'd certainly take it at the right price!

For an OV on the Fantasy we love roon 2556. Had it on our last cruise and have it booked for our next 2 cruises. I was worried before we stayed in it that we would hear noises from the EG restaurant. But it was so quiet. There's also no rooms across the hall from it. There's a little hallway that you may not notice that takes you to the stateroom.

I can't offer specific cabin numbers, but if you look at the deck plans it should give you and idea of which rooms have better views, etc. Once you've found a few you are interested in, do an internet search to see if there are reviews on those specific cabin numbers.

Even if you were able to book a handicapped room you run the risk of getting bumped out of the cabin if a passenger needs those accommodations.
Some cruiselines{I'm not sure about Disney} will open them up for booking once other rooms in that category are filled. If they need them for a handicapped person they will move you, and they let you know that upfront during the booking process. If they have to move you more than likely they will upgrade you. They're not going to deny a handicapped person from booking a room. Their goal is to sell all the rooms. I've ended up in a handicapped room twice when booking last minute. I personally don't like them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!