• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MCLOVINS Hit the World - HARD!!!!! *COMPLETED*

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
I am a changed woman.

No, really.

I knew we would have an amazing time. I knew I’d be back in my happy place. I knew I’d feel joy like I hadn’t in a long time. I had no idea I’d feel like this at the end of it though. I feel completely revitalized. I am seeing how important this trip was for me. It gave me the perspective I think I needed. The point is: BOY did I need to go to Disney World. I really really really did. And it ended up being a trip that defied my expectations times a thousand.

I was in a completely different place before we left than where I am now. Sometimes you just need to take a step back, look into the eyes of the Mouse, or whatever large rodent is the symbol of your favorite place, and get away for awhile.

But enough of the sappy stuff. WE WENT TO DISNEY WORLD! And it was possibly the best trip… dare I say… EVER?

If you are coming here from my Pre-Trip Report entitled "The Caprias Hit the World - HARD!!!!!!!" thanks for stickin' with me! You're probably wondering why we have changed from The Caprias to the McLovins. Well, Capria is really my nickname and has nothing to do with my fab travel companion aka my mom. I was hoping some hilarious thing would happen during the trip to make a great TR title and McLovin ended up being an unofficial mascot of this trip. More on THAT later!!!!

If you AREN'T here cause of my pre-trip, I forgive you, and WELCOME! So... who exactly went on this trip?!

Your jet-setting, glamorous cast includes moi: Lia, singer/dancer/actress/make-up artist, all around performer extraordinaire (I actually just got an email from one of the casting agencies I work with asking me if I’d like to come in to audition to be a street performer in the new live-action Smurfs movie, so there is a perfect example of my ridiculous life trying to make it in show biz!) and my mom, the selfless and fabulous woman who finally made this trip happen. We have a very close bond, but I wrote about all of this already! I will not get into all the details about us loonies and how we planned and got ready for this monumental vacation to the World, so I URGE you to check out the pre-trip! It’s not one of those 100 page ones. No offense to those of you who do those… I just can never get through them! Short attention span!

READ THE PRE-TRIP REPORT: The Caprias Hit the World - HARD!!!!!!!!!

Click now and receive the easy to navigate index for no additional charge!

Something I did not include in the pre-trip is what I posted on my blog (took that picture of the castle on a previous trip) just before we left, so I will include that here cause I think it kinda sums up how I feel about Walt Disney World:

tumblr_l0p78uuzd91qzsljko1_500.jpg

I am almost free. I am almost completely gone from the real world and all it’s problems and complications. I am almost in a place where I feel the absolute innocence and wonder of being five years old and seeing the castle for the first time. Today I will be in a place that makes me truly understand that anything is possible. I will believe that magic is real. As I’'ve said before, Walt Disney started out as a kid drawing pictures of mice and dogs. In a matter of hours I will be standing in what was once just a distant dream in his mind. Thank God he followed his passions. I will be sure to follow mine as well. Maybe one day you’ll be standing in my dream too.

I will not be posting for a very long time BECAUSE I AM GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD TODAY. Trying to describe how I am feeling is fruitless, so I really have no words. Except of course…

Suck it, nerds! Capria OUT.

Heh. 30 ROCK REFERENCE ALERT. If you caught that (Hi MarieTheCat24!!!!!!!), then you DEFINITELY belong here. If you didn't... you can catch up by purchasing Seasons 1-3 and then calling me.

Uh, moving on.... Want to know where we stayed? Ate? What parks on which days? Water parks? Dining plan? How long did we spend in the hotel room watching that luminous Stacey?!?! You will find out as we go along! This is how I roll. Welcome! Also I should say that I took over 1,000 pictures!!!!!! MANY of which will be shared in this report!

Before I even get into the thick of this, I must WARN you: This trip report is going to be LONG. LONG. LONG. Longer than you probably think it will be, even now, as you're reading that it will be long. We probably won't even GET to Disney until Chapter 21, Part 3, Subsection D, Point 2. I am detailed. I want to write EVERYTHING I remember down. So that I will remember it someday and read it to my children to hold them over until we leave to take THEM to Disney. SO, yep, LONG. But I think it's worth it cause I like how I write. I think you will too. And I WILL finish it.

And away we goooooooooooooo!

:hippie:

~*~*~*~*~**~~**~*~
INDEX (If you enjoy talk of 30 Rock and Classic Nickelodeon, you may just want to read through all the posts! If not, here's a handy index!)

INTRODUCTION

APRIL 10, 2010
Day 0: Too Excited To Sleep

APRIL 11, 2010
Day 1, Part 1 In Which We Still Do Not Get On Even One Plane But The TR Title Is Born So At Least There’s That
Day 1, Part 2 In Which We Actually Get On A Plane And Go Somewhere (Not Disney World, But Whatever!)
Day 1, Part 3 In Which We Finally Get TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh... Almost
Day 1, Part 4 In Which We FOR REAL GET TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 1, Part 5 In Which We Spend Hours Screaming “TEST TRACK BABY!” Along With Stacey On The TV In Our CBR Room!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 1, Part 6 In Which I Exhibit The Behavior Of A Dolphin At The CBR Pool And Almost Get Removed From Disney Property Several Times For Trying To Backflip Off Of Various Surfaces
Day 1, Part 7 In Which I Knock Over the Elderly Trying To Get To My Prince Charming
Day 1, Part 8 In Which We FINALLY Eat a LOT of Okayish Food While Listening to Screams of Delight(?) From Various Children
Day 1, Part 9 In Which We Act Like Leonardo DiCaprio Whilst Smelling Delicious

APRIL 12, 2010
Day 2, Part 1 In Which I Cry Enough To Drown The Magic Kingdom
Day 2, Part 2 In Which I Don't Even Have A Joke Because The Morning Was Practically Perfect!
Day 2, Part 3 Which Includes Tingly Butts And A Free Dole Whip
Day 2, Part 4 In Which We Become Space Mice, Because There Are No Cats In Space
SCI-FI BONUS MINI UPDATE!!!
Day 2, Part 5 In Which We Have The Tower of Terror All To Ourselves...Or Do We? - Post 1 of 2
Day 2, Part 5 In Which We Have The Tower of Terror All To Ourselves...Or Do We? - Post 2 of 2

APRIL 13, 2010
Day 3, Part 1 In Which We Enjoy Breakfast In Hawaii
Another BONUS mini update on the POLY this time!
Day 3, Part 2 Epcot's Turn To Be Drowned In My Happy and Nostalgic Tears
Day 3, Part 3 In Which.....AY DIOS MIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 3, Part 4 In Which We Cause Chaos In Canada
Day 3, Part 5 LE FREAKING CELLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 1, Part 6 ........ I Have No Idea What To Title This, Because What Happened Was Just That Weird.

APRIL 14, 2010
Day 4, Part 1 In Which I Show What a Health Freak I Am. Hakuna Matata!
Day 4, Part 2 In Which Y'all Should Really Hold On!
Bonus Mini Post: Melodramatic Update On Our Next Trip
Day 4, Part 3 In Which No Yetis or Yaks Were Harmed
Day 4, Part 4 In Which Bats Flash Us And Tigers Kiss
Day 4, Part 5 In Which We Don't Say Goodbye, We Say Go Well
Day 4, Part 6 In Which We Have Animal Kingdom All To Ourselves
Update On Our Next Disney Trip
Day 4, Part 7 In Which I Am A Complete Nutbag

APRIL 15, 2010
Day 5, Part 1 In Which I Am Goin' Solo And Ridin' Dirty
Day 5, Part 2 In Which I Experience Tiny Fluffy Yellow Heaven
Day 5, Part 3 In Which Your Feet Are Getting The GRAND Treatment!!!!!
Day 5, Part 4 In Which The McLovins Get Lost in The Sea of Humanity

APRIL 16, 2010
Day 6, Part 1 In Which I Fall Down The Rabbit Hole of Toy Story Mania Wonderland
Day 6, Part 2 In Which I Put On Some Elvis & Lace Up My Saddle Shoes
Day 6, Part 3 In Which MOMMMY!!!!!!! MOMMY!! LOOOOK!
Day 6, Part 4 In Which We Invent The Head Spinning Stomach Turning EPCOT Future World Challenge!!!

APRIL 17, 2010
Day 7, Part 1 In Which In Which We Run Around The Beach And Yacht Clubs Like Maniacs
Mini Update: BACK IN THE SADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 7, Part 2 In Which The Sprouse Twins Confuse Me (Even More Than Usual)
Day 7, Part 3 In Which KRINGLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 7, Part 4 In Which I Look Pretty And Smell Really Good

APRIL 18, 2010
Day 8, Part 1 In Which We Are Kangarooligans
Day 8, Part 2 In Which GOR-ILL-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! GORILLA!
Day 8, Part 3 In Which I Watch The Bird
Day 8, Part 4 In Which We Stop And Smell The Ducklings
Day 8, Part 5 In Which We Are Trapped High In The Sky
Day 8, Part 6 In Which We Read An Effing Book For Once
Day 8, Part 7 In Which GOSH DARN IT I CAN'T DO THIS

APRIL 19, 2010

Day 9 In Which The End's Not Near, It's Here

:dance3:

Last edited:
April 10, 2010
Day Zero: Too Excited To Sleep

Yep. Day zero. I TOLD YOU this was going to be long. I'll give you time to go get a snack. Personally I am eating some VOLLMILCH from the German pavilion. Ah… Germany. Germans. German guys. German guys telling me how nice I smell and giving me free….whoops! We are certainly getting ahead of ourselves here.

More on THAT later.

I enjoy the Germans. FYI.

OK OK hopefully you are back from getting your snack now. Here we go. I don't know about any of you but the day before vacation, to me, is ALWAYS part of the trip. Or, at least, it feels like it. The mood feels different. Your own house just FEELS different. Like it’s getting ready to be without you. You know?

I had to do my pre-Disney World ritual which is VERY important. So important in fact that I believe if I do not do it, we will not make it to Disney. Yep. I am crazy. Welcome! You will get used to it. This ritual involves watching two of the best movies ever created: Weekend At Bernie’s and Weekend At Bernie’s 2. BACK TO BACK, on the afternoon/evening before we leave.

I was introduced to these as a baby. You see, whatever my mom watched, she let me watch with her as long as there was no killing, cutting, drugs, or sex. Ish. Err... I'm pretty sure Weekend At Bernie’s has a few of these themes.

But... it’s HARMLESS. And I LOVED it.

Still do. Randomly watched part 2 one year right before we left for Disney cause it came on HBO. It has now become a RITUAL! I HAVE to leave the time open. For Bernie.

What are your pre-trip rituals? I want to hear them. If they include: dead guys, any members of the Brat Pack especially Andrew McCarthy who is still cute, voodoo, animated open credits, virgins, bad 90’s clothes, bad 90’s hair, awesome 90’s clothes, awesome 90’s hair, and necrophilia… like mine do... we might be soulmates. Cause I’ve never met anyone else as nuts as me. So LET ME KNOW!

So.. watched Bernie. Laughed. Cried. LAUGHED. Was sad when it ended. Because I ONLY watch these movies right before I go to Disney World and I get sad right before a trip. Because as EXCITED as I am that the trip is finally here… it means it’s almost over, too. Oh, Disney. Sigh. Tear. But then I get excited IN ADVANCE about planning the NEXT Disney trip. Which I start doing mid-trip because as the trip is ending, I start having cardiac arrests in anticipation of having to leave, so I need to have SOME IDEA of when I will be returning.

Is anyone as nuts as me? Send help.

Anyway... I snapped out of it. Got RE-excited. Big time. I JUMPED out of my seat so that I could shower and get everything, once and for all, FINALLY one hundred PERCENT PACKED. While showering I said "This is last shower I will take in MY shower for 9 days!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahoooooooooo!!!!!!!"

Fast forward to around 11:30, when I’m all packed and have my suitcase sitting by the door. One of the people I adore most in this world, Tina Fey, was hosting Saturday Night Live, so obviously I watched that instead of sleeping even though I had to get up at 3:45 AM. I knew that even if I did lay down, I would just stare at the ceiling thinking about Disney World for hours so I figured, why miss Tina?

I think I finally closed my eyes around 2am, but who knows? Tried sleeping to no avail. Tried counting sheep. Nope. Tried counting Mickey Mouses. Just got me MORE EXCITED!!!!!

I laid there and imagined the week ahead of me. The magic. The rides. The shows. The audio-animatronics. The dirty water smell. The monorail smell. The food. Wishes. The endless possibilities of an adventure about to begin. You’ve all done it.

I thought of walking down Main Street for the first time in 1.5 years. I felt my childhood innocence flooding back. I remembered, like it was yesterday, the first moments of my first Disney trip back when I was only four. We drove from New Jersey. I could literally feel my mom pick me up out of bed and lay me in the back seat of the car where she had laid out a blanket and pillow for me, like it was yesterday. I really can still feel being carried. Because I was so little and SO EXCITED that the memory is FOREVER embedded into my brain. I COULD NOT BELIEVE I was going to DISNEY. WORLD. The same exact feeling rushed over me that I had when I was four. That morning all those years ago, we left before the sun came up. Because of this memory, every time I’m up before the sun rises I get this FEELING. This amazing feeling that I’m on the brink of something INCREDIBLE. Magical. My mind just can’t stop going. Thinking. So soon, within HOURS! I would be back to my home. Walt Disney World was right around the corner. Once again, I was too excited to sleep.

Hey girl. You know I'm in! I loved your PTR, so I know I'm going to love your TR.

I completely am the same way as you. With all the pre-trip rituals..thinking things like "This is my last shower at home until we get home!" and then I get sad too..I'm already dreading the end of the trip and it hasn't even started yet!

Great writing style! :thumbsup2

Hey!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Hey girl. You know I'm in! I loved your PTR, so I know I'm going to love your TR.

I completely am the same way as you. With all the pre-trip rituals..thinking things like "This is my last shower at home until we get home!" and then I get sad too..I'm already dreading the end of the trip and it hasn't even started yet!

Hey tinkgurlfriend. Glad you are enjoying. I love yours too. Just posted to it in fact!!

It's good to hear I am not alone in the rituals. But I do believe I am the only one who watches Weekend at Bernie's both parts 1 and 2 before each trip. Still waiting on someone to come forward and tell me there is a gigantic Bernie fan club here on the DIS who dress in the Mickey paint chips and have meetings in front of the Hall of Presidents. A girl can dream!

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate you coming along for the ride.

My cousin is having a baby today, It's 4am, I still haven't slept, and we have to drive 2 hrs to the hospital... so... I do not know if I will be updating. She has two girls ages 6 and 1 and this is going to be a boy! I AM SO EXCITED! I love kids, kids love me, I am super close with all of them in my family (I actually hope to take them on WDW trips someday soon!!), and I want many of my own. I am so so SO excited! I am praying everything will go smoothly b/c the last birth was a scary one. I'm sure everyone will be happy and healthy. I can't wait to meet my new cousin!!

:hippie:

Hey Lia! I'm here, and I'm subbing! I just told my hubby last night that I'm already sad that our trip will be over soon...sigh...and I don't even have another one to look forward to like you!

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Have fun with your family and the new baby. And I'll be waiting patiently when you return! :goodvibes

Hope everything goes well for your aunt and the baby!! :goodvibes

By the way, love the "tinkgurlfriend"! :)

I am almost free. I am almost completely gone from the real world and all it’s problems and complications. I am almost in a place where I feel the absolute innocence and wonder of being five years old and seeing the castle for the first time. Today I will be in a place that makes me truly understand that anything is possible. I will believe that magic is real.

This is beautiful, and really sums up Disney to most of us on the DIS! :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing some trip details, but please don't make me wait until chapter 21!!! :eek:

Yay! You started! So much to comment on. :laughing:
I knew we would have an amazing time. I knew I’d be back in my happy place. I knew I’d feel joy like I hadn’t in a long time. I had no idea I’d feel like this at the end of it though. I feel completely revitalized. I am seeing how important this trip was for me. It gave me the perspective I think I needed. The point is: BOY did I need to go to Disney World. I really really really did. And it ended up being a trip that defied my expectations times a thousand.

I was in a completely different place before we left than where I am now. Sometimes you just need to take a step back, look into the eyes of the Mouse, or whatever large rodent is the symbol of your favorite place, and get away for awhile.
Don't ya love that about Disney? I do some of my best life figuring out while I'm there.
I actually just got an email from one of the casting agencies I work with asking me if I’d like to come in to audition to be a street performer in the new live-action Smurfs movie, so there is a perfect example of my ridiculous life trying to make it in show biz!
They're making a live-action Smurfs movie? Oh, snap! I've gotta see it! If you get the part, do you get to be painted blue? That's always been a dream of mine. Actually I'd want to be painted green a la Elphaba in Wicked. If I could do anything, I'd play Elphaba. Except I have zero vocal talent so that will never happen. :upsidedow
Suck it, nerds! Capria OUT.

Heh. 30 ROCK REFERENCE ALERT. If you caught that (Hi MarieTheCat24!!!!!!!), then you DEFINITELY belong here. If you didn't... you can catch up by purchasing Seasons 1-3 and then calling me.
Oh my gosh! A shout out! I feel so special. And I am so ready for the TWO new episodes of 30 Rock tonight. The past few weeks have been just tragic without new episodes.
I don't know about any of you but the day before vacation, to me, is ALWAYS part of the trip. Or, at least, it feels like it. The mood feels different. Your own house just FEELS different. Like it’s getting ready to be without you. You know?
I know exactly what you mean, girl! I just thought I was the only one who ever felt that way. :laughing: The house feels so weird the night before we leave. It's darker. Somtimes I think that my house is depressed that it's not coming on the trip with us.
What are your pre-trip rituals? I want to hear them. If they include: dead guys, any members of the Brat Pack especially Andrew McCarthy who is still cute, voodoo, animated open credits, virgins, bad 90’s clothes, bad 90’s hair, awesome 90’s clothes, awesome 90’s hair, and necrophilia… like mine do... we might be soulmates. Cause I’ve never met anyone else as nuts as me. So LET ME KNOW!
I listen to cheesy 90's music while I pack. Does that count? I mean, the Spice Girls and NSYNC had some pretty awesome clothes. Fun Fact: The song C'est La Vie by B*Witched makes an excellent packing song. Dancing around my bedroom while packing makes the whole process a lot more fun. :thumbsup2
Anyway... I snapped out of it. Got RE-excited. Big time. I JUMPED out of my seat so that I could shower and get everything, once and for all, FINALLY one hundred PERCENT PACKED. While showering I said "This is last shower I will take in MY shower for 9 days!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahoooooooooo!!!!!!!"
I always make sure to savor my last shower at home. My hair and hotel showers do not mix well.
Fast forward to around 11:30, when I’m all packed and have my suitcase sitting by the door. One of the people I adore most in this world, Tina Fey, was hosting Saturday Night Live, so obviously I watched that instead of sleeping even though I had to get up at 3:45 AM. I knew that even if I did lay down, I would just stare at the ceiling thinking about Disney World for hours so I figured, why miss Tina?
Tina Fey is way more important than sleep. Plus, it was a really funny episode. The only downside to watching was that I got that horrible Justin Bieber song stuck in my head. If we never had to see a 15 year old kid attempt to rap again, the world would be a better place.

Ok. Ridiculously long comment over. Hope everything goes well for your cousin and the baby! And I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Hey Lia! I'm here, and I'm subbing! I just told my hubby last night that I'm already sad that our trip will be over soon...sigh...and I don't even have another one to look forward to like you!

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Have fun with your family and the new baby. And I'll be waiting patiently when you return! :goodvibes

Aw, don't worry. After your trip you WILL get back to WDW someday.

Thank you!!!!! Lovebug!!!!!:hug:

Hope everything goes well for your aunt and the baby!! :goodvibes

By the way, love the "tinkgurlfriend"! :)

yayyy, i'm glad you like it! it suits you! and thanks!!

This is beautiful, and really sums up Disney to most of us on the DIS! :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing some trip details, but please don't make me wait until chapter 21!!! :eek:

Thanks. I am actually kinda proud of what I said there because it is always really hard to articulate my feelings about WDW to other people. Especially those who have no idea what it's really about and think it's rides and character m&gs for kids. Sigh.

You will find out the details as we go along! Which will be soon. Thanks for stickin with me!! :hippie:

I'm here too. popcorn::

Hi!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

MarietheCat24 ~ you are getting your very own VIP comment reply post b/c I appreciate all of what you said and also I am too lazy to like quote everything. Here we goooo!!

1. YES. I figured out a LOT. About my life. And have already taken some measures based on this decision making. And i'm much happier than before the trip. It was not just a vacation. I'm having trouble explaining it to people. But I think everything will be better now than it would have been had I not had this trip!

2. I have no idea what is going on with the Smurfs movie to be honest. It turns out they wanted street performers who could do like freaky special stuff like eating fire/fire breathing...whatever. I try and avoid contact with fire. At all costs. But now I kind of want to take it up so that I can be painted blue. I have worn some pretty AWESOME costumes for roles. Including authentic 1920's couture. BUT being painted blue would top everything.

3. You deserve the shout out b/c of your 30 Rock fandom. If someone wants to rob me on the street all they have to do is come up to me and start quoting 30 Rock. I will go limp with laughter and they can then take my belongings. So a shout out was nothing really. And I missed the two episodes b/c my stupid cousin had a stupid baby!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes1 But I will be watching them immediately after getting offline!

4. YES YES YES about the house being depressed. Awesome personification. There.

5. OH MY GOD. I can not believe you have brought up B*WITCHED. Because my mom and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song C'est La Vie. It is so DUMB. And yet great. "Hey Hey Hey i'm a wolf today. I'll huff i'll puff i'll blow you AWAY!" I still have their album. What fun. And I still listen to *NSYNC on occasion if i'm being totally honest. I am not over the pop music of the 90's in the same way I am not over that they did not turn Weekend at Bernies into a trilogy. Sigh.

6. I made the mistake of using the Disney fake hair shampoo/conditioner combo on this trip. It was a distastuh as Beyonce would put it. More on THAT later.

7. TINA was AMAZING on SNL. As usual. My favorite part was the Sarah Palin TV channel when they had her name all those fake shows like 30 Main Street starring Stephen Baldwin and then just left The Jay Leno Show alone? I was in stitches. and the brownie boyfriend thing was SO LIZ LEMON. I loved it.

Sorry I wrote you a novel btw. I apologize to the entire DIS for my rambling. Get used to it.

Just a general note to everyone about what I mentioned before::mickeyjum:mickeyjumMY COUSIN DID HAVE HER BABY!!!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Mom and baby are doing well. We have such a blessed family. I am SO SO SO happy. For her and MYSELF because I love babies and kids in general and I am so close with all my little cousins and now we have a boy! Girls run in our family. I am so excited to take him to WDW someday. I need to go to the store and get him his first Mickey Mouse plush. :mickeyjum:smickey:

I can not believe you have brought up B*WITCHED. Because my mom and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song C'est La Vie. It is so DUMB. And yet great. "Hey Hey Hey i'm a wolf today. I'll huff i'll puff i'll blow you AWAY!" I still have their album. What fun. And I still listen to *NSYNC on occasion if i'm being totally honest. I am not over the pop music of the 90's in the same way I am not over that they did not turn Weekend at Bernies into a trilogy. Sigh.

Just a general not to everyone about what I mentioned before::mickeyjum:mickeyjumMY COUSIN DID HAVE HER BABY!!!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Mom and baby are doing well. We have such a blessed family. I am SO SO SO happy. For her and MYSELF because I love babies and kids in general and I am so close with all my little cousins and now we have a boy! Girls run in our family. I am so excited to take him to WDW someday. I need to go to the store and get him his first Mickey Mouse plush. :mickeyjum:smickey:

"Say you will, say you won't. Say you'll do what I don't..." :rolleyes1 Another B*WITCHED and *NSYNC fan here. My Sis and I love to randomly listen to all those songs..*NSYNC, BSB, 98 degrees...And yet, we still know every single world to every single song. LOL

Aw, that is so exciting! Congrats on the baby!

"Say you will, say you won't. Say you'll do what I don't..." :rolleyes1 Another B*WITCHED and *NSYNC fan here. My Sis and I love to randomly listen to all those songs..*NSYNC, BSB, 98 degrees...And yet, we still know every single world to every single song. LOL

Aw, that is so exciting! Congrats on the baby!

YES!!!!!! We need to have a DIS meet where we bring a 90's style boom box and crank some B*Witched tunes. Preferably in front of a really quiet peaceful area. Or outside of Club Cool. Just because then people could enjoy international sodas while jamming along with us.

and THANKS!!!!! tinkgurlfriend~!

Oooh..I would totally do it! I was in poms in high school, so I'm used to performing. I could even put together some dance moves for us. :rotfl:

April 11, 2010
Day 1, Part 1 In Which We Still Do Not Get On Even One Plane But The TR Title Is Born So At Least There’s That

After two minutes of sleep I hear my mom’s voice waking me up. I couldn’t believe it was time to get up already. I felt like one second had gone by since I finally had fallen asleep, whenever that was. I yawned. I stretched. I moaned.

Whoa. Wait.

OH MY GOD, IT’S TIME TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD!

I shot out of bed like a rocket.

I looked out the window. Ah, I’m up before the sun. I’m four years old again. I debated asking my mom to carry me out to the car in my pajamas but eventually decided to not start the trip out on an absurd note. I was sure things would go that way soon enough.

I quickly put on the outfit I had laid out the night before: jeans, my Mickey chasing Minnie top, uggs, and my favorite leather jacket.

I walked outside and my dad, who was driving us to the airport, said to me, “I was just informed we’re not taking your mother's car, we’re taking the truck. It’s gonna be tight, so don’t complain!”

Um....ok. “The truck” is this gigantic (seriously, it freaks me out and I would never even try to drive it) pick-up my dad uses for work sometimes. It has two front seats and no backseats. Hmm.

I ended up squeezing my butt into the mid-section in between the driver and passenger’s seat. This is so beyond not a place anyone should sit, I can’t even tell you. Something(?) was poking my back. My head was touching the ceiling. I was hunched over. Which technically fits in with the Disney theme. I would rather channel that pretty gypsy Esmeralda than the hunchback but I’ll take what I can get. I found the whole thing hilarious… and painful. And typical.

I had NO idea why we weren’t taking my mom’s car, which is not a monster truck. Not only does it have more than enough seats for us, it was sitting right beside the truck in the driveway. I still don’t know why we took the truck. At the time, I didn’t care enough to ask. Just hunched myself over and got in. I WAS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD. I didn’t care if I had to ride a unicycle to the airport, as long as I got there.

18 bruises, 34 cuts, a brain aneurysm, and a yeast infection later we arrived to the airport with much time to spare.

Loaded all our crap out onto the curb. It wasn’t that much, really. We planned on going to the store once we got to Disney and loading up on crap so we wouldn’t have to bring so much in our suitcases. Of course that never happened b/c why would everything go according to plan? What fun would that be? Without the lows… how would we know the highs? ETC. More on that later.

My dad turned around before leaving and gave me some money for the trip! Which I didn’t expect but was very, VERY grateful for! I didn’t even end up spending this money until like, day 5. Which is a record for me because usually I have already spent the entire price of a DVC membership within 5 minutes of arriving to the resort gift shop. Not even the Grand Floridian gift shop(s). The Pop Century one. So… what I’m saying here is that I am not good with saving money. If I want something… I get it. Hey, I’ll be dead one day. You know? I’m young, can you tell? ACTUALLY.. I ended up using the money on something AWESOME and NOT frivolous… which you will find out in approximately 7 decades when I am on Chapter 234, Part 8, Subsection F, Point 2. Of this report.

Heh. :)

Moving on… checked in at US Airways. Got charged $25 per bag. Which I still think is really stupid and wish I could be one of those travelers who brings that little rolling carry on and nothing else and has everything perfectly arranged inside it in a gorgeous fashion.

I will NEVER. Be able to do that. Maybe if we were going to be away from home for ONE HOUR or something.

Anyway… I remember being in disbelief that any of this was even happening. I was almost there. Almost back to Disney. And since I booked the earliest flight possible as usual… we would be there BEFORE NOON EVEN HIT!

We showed IDs. Got our boarding passes and headed to security which went smoothly because I did not try to smuggle my Clinique face scrub inside any orifice. Everyone was pleased with me. The man checking my ID did a double take and told me I had gorgeous eyes. So I guess I COULD have brought a gel or lip gloss with me!!! Foiled again!!!!!!

As we walked to our gate we walked by the First Class Lounge AKA the Admiral’s Club. I thought of FRIENDS. I’m not talking about my comrades, I mean the show. It is my FAVORITE show of all time and I know every episode by heart. I quote it daily and can equate any situation with something that happened on the show.

If you are awesome you know that as I was walking by the Admiral’s Club I thought of when Monica and Chandler snuck in there on their honeymoon and stole the free oranges available to first class passengers. I contemplated doing this as a tribute but instead I just told my mom the entire scene word for word. She may or may not have rolled her eyes as I do bring this up every time we are at the airport. I am a joy to be around!

We got to our gate and found seats near an ADORABLE little blonde girl with pink PJs on and pigtails in her hair. She was talking about how EXCITED she was to see Belle and Ariel!!! “Belle and Ariel mommy!!! I can’t wait!!! Mommy!!!”

The mom just said “Yes” and looked away. The funny thing about parents of adorable kids like this is that they are often unfazed by them. They barely smile or respond to the child b/c they are so used to how adorable he/she is. I see this all the time at Disney. Being that I want kids someday and love them, I’m always like “How could you not let out a giant AWWWWWWWWW and tell your daughter that she is an EVEN PRETTIER princess than Belle and Ariel?? Spoil her silly! GO BUY HER SOMETHING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!”

Luckily, I refrained from saying anything. I had an urge to go talk to the little girl about how excited I was, too, to see Belle and Ariel!!!!!!!! Mommy!!! But I refrained. Kinda weird when a grown(ish) woman… a stranger…comes up to your kid about to talk about Disney Princesses.

I took this picture:

4708319513_5e496ee60d_b.jpg

because this restaurant cracked me up. Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Food, Spirits, and Fun. Is it just me or does Dick Clark totally rock? It was awesome, with murals of rock and roll stars of the past. Which would have been a much BETTER photo but at this point I had already taken my seat and it was like negative one hundred in the morning and I did not feel like moving. I thought this place was a Jersey thing, because we are silly like that, but my friend told me there is also one in Branson, MO so I assume it’s a chain. Also, just a fun fact: I have Dick Clark’s number in my cell phone. Don’t ask.

Mom went to the bathroom. I sat, using my BlackBerry to go over the last of the e-mails I would be reading until we returned. I was SO EXCITED to not use my BlackBerry at all. My rule on this trip was that I would only turn my BlackBerry on when my mom and I separated. I ended up texting friends and family a bit too. Of course. But NO E-MAILS!!!!!!!!!! Or news. About anything. No castings. Auditions. No diet!!!!!! For 9(ish) days. God, I was excited.

My mom came back from the bathroom and excitedly told me, “I saw a man in the bathroom who looked just like McLovin!”

Our Trip Report title was born right then and there and I didn’t even know it yet! I did I start laughing hysterically though, as I do when any mention of McLovin comes. For my mom and I… well, McLovin is kind of our thing. If you don’t know who McLovin is, I am sorry about your life.

mclovin.jpg

McLovin is from the movie Superbad. Which I saw just as it came out and LOVED it. Just like the rest of the world. And saw it many MANY times and laughed hysterically every time. It NEVER gets old. Especially specific parts which I will not specify as this is the DIS and quoting the movie would look something like: “********* and *expletive* **** want **** party *expletive* alcohol *** now.” So like I said… I never watched it with my mom. It is not really a mother/daughter bonding movie. Steel Magnolias it ain’t. But one day about 6 months ago I was sitting around flipping through the channels when my mom came in to sit down. Superbad was on and so I watched about two minutes of it. I went to flip the channel again when she said, “STOP!! TURN THAT BACK ON!!!!” So we watched the whole thing… and I hadn’t heard her laugh that hard. IN AGES. And she kept saying she COULD NOT BELIEVE that I did not URGE her to see it when it came out. Because I am more obsessed with movies than anyone and am always yelling at people to see great ones I love. But like I said, It’s not a movie you watch with your mom. Unless you’re me… apparently. So we ended up watching it together about ten thousand more times, I bought her a McLovin fake ID magnet, and we quote it ALL the time.

Little did I know McLovin would become a theme on this trip. Which we had NOTHING to do with. It just happened. Apparently McLovin fans frequent Disney World. A lot. It’s not just us!

Anyway… I then paused. The laughter. Because she said that she saw a MAN… in the bathroom. That looked like McLovin. My mother… is a woman. So I said, “You were either in the wrong bathroom… or you saw a woman… who looked like a man… who looked like McLovin in the Ladies room. OR… you were in the RIGHT bathroom…are actually a man… and we need to talk?”

We cracked up. LOUDLY. Again. Causing people to stare. Including the pigtailed girl. Who had no idea what we were talking about but was clearly amused.

“I MEANT!!!!!!” my mom said, “That I saw him OUTSIDE of the bathroom. Waiting for his family!! Anyway I’m hungry. I’m gonna go check out Dick Clark’s Rockin’ Eve.”

She got up and left. I cracked up more. Couldn’t believe I was going to Disney. Still. I think that even as I was in Disney… I couldn’t believe I was there. But anyway… that’s all for now. Cheers to you if you are still reading. Maybe in the next chapter we will actually get on one of the planes that we took to get to Orlando. Yes, that’s right…there was more than one. UGH. I need to go watch the 30 Rock episodes I missed tonight, pee my pants and unwind before bed now. Muchos gracias!!!! for reading. I appreciate it. Also: sorry about the lack of pics. I swear I did take over a thousand. But AT DISNEY. Which we will get to someday. I promise. Thanks for stickin' with the ridiculousness! Capria OUT.

P.S. I just added the words McLovin and Superbad to the dictionary on my computer because apparently to this machine they were coming up as misspellings which is just totally not acceptable!!!!!

Last edited:
Oooh..I would totally do it! I was in poms in high school, so I'm used to performing. I could even put together some dance moves for us. :rotfl:

YES!! This is so on. Just a warning to anyone visiting Club Cool in the upcoming months: you may run into a performance of the B*Witched classic C'est La Vie by moi aka disneygirlfriend, and my TR readers tinkgurlfriend, and MarietheCat24girlfriend. If you do not want to hear us then please avoid Epcot. Thanks!!!!!

De nada for reading! :)

McLovin'! Oh man, I wish you could have gotten a picture of this guy who looked like him!!

Oh yes, Friends..another show that I wish was still making new episodes! I mean seriously, I want to see how Monica and Chandler are doing..and if Rachel and Ross (OR Joey??) end up living happily ever after...:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter