The iPhone Collective

Just got some new games, Cooking Mama and Sway, both pretty cool :)

:goodvibes

Is there an iPhone for dummies thread? I just got one. How do I create a list of phone numbers? I imported my Outlook but most of those people I don't call.

Is there an iPhone for dummies thread? I just got one. How do I create a list of phone numbers? I imported my Outlook but most of those people I don't call.

You can add a Favorites list for the people you call most. Is that what you want to do?

• Click on the Phone button
  • Click on Favorites
  • Click on the + sign in the upper right
  • Scroll through your Contacts until you find who you want to add, then click on their name. If you have just 1 number listed for them, it will add that to Favorites. If you have more than one number for them, clicking on their name will take you to their Info screen. Click on the number you want added to your Favorites list.

Anyone one know of a mod that will have the Iphone keep ringing or vibrating when you have a voice mail?

There is really notification on this now.

Thanks

Looks like there's a new Kindle app for the iPhone!
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10187752-93.html?tag=mncol;txt

I just pulled it down...haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Loving this.

I have a Sony Reader but I think this a great back up.

I think the "read-ability" is terrific and you can adjust the font size.

Bought a new book called The Women by T.C Boyle. It's about Frank Llyod Wright's life as seen through the women in his life.

Bought it from Amazon in seconds and it downloaded to my iPhone in under 20 seconds. Keep in mind I had a wi-fi connection, but I think that's pretty freakin cool.

You can turn the app on and off and it remembers your place.

As I said at the beginning of this post.....LOVING THIS.

My favorite app so far is "Where did I park my car?"

Does anyone else have trouble with reception? I had like ZERO trouble with my Verizon and dropped maybe 5 calls in about ten years.

I've dropped more calls than that in one week on this thing. And conversations are full of people breaking up.

I'm totally thrilled to have a phone and an ipod all in one thingy. Even if there isn't a lot of storage on it, it is still awesome. And I'm loving the MobileMe. :yay:

But the phone isn't working very well. I'm afraid that when the thrill of having this thing wears off I'm going to be getting very pissed about that.

Friend of mine had AT&T and said that's why she has Verizon now - it was always dropping calls. Her phone worked very well at Disney, though. She said I should move there...lol, just one more reason. ;) :)

My favorite app so far is "Where did I park my car?"

Does anyone else have trouble with reception? I had like ZERO trouble with my Verizon and dropped maybe 5 calls in about ten years.

I've dropped more calls than that in one week on this thing. And conversations are full of people breaking up.

I'm totally thrilled to have a phone and an ipod all in one thingy. Even if there isn't a lot of storage on it, it is still awesome. And I'm loving the MobileMe. :yay:

But the phone isn't working very well. I'm afraid that when the thrill of having this thing wears off I'm going to be getting very pissed about that.

Friend of mine had AT&T and said that's why she has Verizon now - it was always dropping calls. Her phone worked very well at Disney, though. She said I should move there...lol, just one more reason. ;) :)

I don't here in Richmond, but I get zero reception near my parents' house. As soon as I cross the VA/NC line, I get "no service." It sucks

Got bored of my theme again so had a bit of a play round :)

Hopefully will last for a while :)

Got bored of my theme again so had a bit of a play round :)

Hopefully will last for a while :)

How do you do that??? It looks so cool - and will it work for the Touch? I don't have the iPhone. I liked your other look also.:thumbsup2

How do you do that??? It looks so cool - and will it work for the Touch? I don't have the iPhone. I liked your other look also.:thumbsup2

:) Glad you like.
Like with the last look, it takes a bit of searching round the internet and doing some 'modding' :) Worth the effort tho.

You can definitely do it with older models of the iPod Touch, not sure about more recent ones tho :)

Anyone got any cool new apps?
Been scouring the Appstore but nothing has jumped out at me :)

DW has stolen my phone to play Wedding Dash!
She's is finally starting to realise that her phone is useless ;)

Dropped calls are a known issue with iPhone and it is software related. Basically what happens is if you are say, on WiFi and talking on the phone and walk out of that WiFi area, it will drop your call when it tries to move to 3G. Same between 3G and EDGE. Apple hasn't figured out a way to make the transition for DATA not interfere with your VOICE call :rolleyes: Always make sure you plug in to iTunes and check for updates every once and a while. It has gotten a lot better with some of the software updates.

I hope this made sense to some of those less technical folks out there. Moral of the story: Check for software updates often!:thumbsup2

I've never had a problem with dropped calls, but I think the 3g infrastructure in the uk is slightly better.
Also I don't regularly update my software as I'd lose some of the cool stuff I have :(

Dropped calls are a known issue with iPhone and it is software related. Basically what happens is if you are say, on WiFi and talking on the phone and walk out of that WiFi area, it will drop your call when it tries to move to 3G. Same between 3G and EDGE. Apple hasn't figured out a way to make the transition for DATA not interfere with your VOICE call :rolleyes: Always make sure you plug in to iTunes and check for updates every once and a while. It has gotten a lot better with some of the software updates.

I hope this made sense to some of those less technical folks out there. Moral of the story: Check for software updates often!:thumbsup2

I never have an issue with dropped calls, but now that I see this, it makes sense. I never have the WiFi turned on. :lmao:

I've not had a dropped call problem since two OS releases ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter