The iPhone Collective

I'm looking for some sort of case for my iPhone. I have the white iPhone and really like it. DH's black iPhone seems so show a lot of finger prints and smudges. Anyone have any case suggestions?

I'm looking for some sort of case for my iPhone. I have the white iPhone and really like it. DH's black iPhone seems so show a lot of finger prints and smudges. Anyone have any case suggestions?

See below for the case I have. I love it!

I don't really have accessories - just an Incipio SiliCrylic case which I really like because it's a combination of soft silicone & hard case.

Most of us at the Apple store use the (Incase Slider) for our iPhones. They are really durable and the best part is that it detaches on the lower 1/3 of the case so that you can dock it without having to take the whole case off.

It also will not eat up the finish on your phone like some other cases I've tried.

Blackberry here. I'm kind of anti-apple. I don't wanna start a apple/pc war but apple products cost way too much. 3 of my computers cost the same as a mac book. That being said the iPhone is pretty cool, which makes it hard to be anti-apple. DAMN YOU STEVE JOBS!!!

The iphone collective. Cool.

Question for you and please point me to another topic if the question isn't appropriate here. I'm currently up for phone upgrades for both DW and myself. I've been considering upgrading to smartphones or the iphone. I like my current FamilyTalk plan with AT&T and want to keep that. If I get iphones is it $30 per phone for the iphone data plan or one charge per account? I'm guessing it's each. Thx....

George, I just asked Chris and he said it's one charge per account.

Blackberry here. I'm kind of anti-apple. I don't wanna start a apple/pc war but apple products cost way too much. 3 of my computers cost the same as a mac book. That being said the iPhone is pretty cool, which makes it hard to be anti-apple. DAMN YOU STEVE JOBS!!!

Disney cost more than Universal :confused3
:rotfl: I can respect your anti-apple, but I've heard the new blackberry storm is awful. I was looking forward to that one

The iphone collective. Cool.

Question for you and please point me to another topic if the question isn't appropriate here. I'm currently up for phone upgrades for both DW and myself. I've been considering upgrading to smartphones or the iphone. I like my current FamilyTalk plan with AT&T and want to keep that. If I get iphones is it $30 per phone for the iphone data plan or one charge per account? I'm guessing it's each. Thx....
Hi George :wave2: I can't speak for any other plans or phones but DH and I have the iphones and I just checked our bill over at ATT.com to be sure. We have had the family plan forever (love it!) and the $30 data plan is per iphone unfortunately. DH and I both have iphones so we have two $30 charges on our bill but DD15 is only allowed to have a phone to text on (no data for her!) so she only costs me $9.99/mo - well, unless you count the fact that I did add the unlimited texted because of her!!! ATT loves us :lovestruc but I have to say the love goes both ways. Now that we have our iphones, I don't know if we could ever go back to just old phones again. When I went to the store to chose between the iphone and the crackberry, the salesperson spent 15 min telling me the differences between 2 different crackberries but then said if he had to choose, he would still pick the iphone. Why? Because it is constantly updating with as many apps as you could possibly want! I'm a sucker, I was sold :laughing: Best of luck in your decision!

Just wondering what the pricing is like in the US compared to the UK.

I pay (exchange rate willing) about $65 a month for 1200 minutes, 500 sms messages and unlimited data.
The iPhone was free (8gb) and its an 18 month contract.
Just be interesting to know if the UK or US get the better end of the stick

:goodvibes

Hi George :wave2: I can't speak for any other plans or phones but DH and I have the iphones and I just checked our bill over at ATT.com to be sure. We have had the family plan forever (love it!) and the $30 data plan is per iphone unfortunately. DH and I both have iphones so we have two $30 charges on our bill but DD15 is only allowed to have a phone to text on (no data for her!) so she only costs me $9.99/mo - well, unless you count the fact that I did add the unlimited texted because of her!!! ATT loves us :lovestruc but I have to say the love goes both ways. Now that we have our iphones, I don't know if we could ever go back to just old phones again. When I went to the store to chose between the iphone and the crackberry, the salesperson spent 15 min telling me the differences between 2 different crackberries but then said if he had to choose, he would still pick the iphone. Why? Because it is constantly updating with as many apps as you could possibly want! I'm a sucker, I was sold :laughing: Best of luck in your decision!

Okay, I went onto the ATT website and this is what I found:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

Thanks for the info and pointers. Lot's of stuff to check out. :goodvibes

Just wondering what the pricing is like in the US compared to the UK.

I pay (exchange rate willing) about $65 a month for 1200 minutes, 500 sms messages and unlimited data.
The iPhone was free (8gb) and its an 18 month contract.
Just be interesting to know if the UK or US get the better end of the stick

WOW, thats an awesome rate! the base rate here starts at 74.99 a month which includes 450 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, 200 sms and unlimited data. the 8Gig iPhone is $199 and the 16Gig is $299

Looks like we get the short end on this one:sad2:

WOW, thats an awesome rate! the base rate here starts at 74.99 a month which includes 450 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, 200 sms and unlimited data. the 8Gig iPhone is $199 and the 16Gig is $299

Looks like we get the short end on this one:sad2:

Wow you sure did!
We have 4 tariffs here in the UK, the tariff i'm on is the lowest rate where you get the (8gb) iPhone free, and I've never gone over my base tariff since getting it!

How long is the minimum contract length in the US for an iPhone too?
I was always on 12 month contracts before having to go up to 18months for the iPhone :)

Its a 2 years contract, at which point you are eligible for a new phone with subsidized pricing by AT&T to lower the actual cost of the iPhone.

Apples retail cost for the 8gig is $399 and the 16gig is $499

With a 2 year agreement with AT&T, they subsidize $200 toward either phone.

Its a 2 years contract, at which point you are eligible for a new phone with subsidized pricing by AT&T to lower the actual cost of the iPhone.

Wow seems you guys do get really screwed over by cell phone companies over there!
In the UK, you pretty much always get the phone free, as long as you're on more than a $40 p/m contract.
Also after after 11 months for a 12 month contract, and 15months on an 18 month contract you get a new phone.

Guess we get the best deal in the UK, for once :banana:

I have a 1st generation 4gig iPhone. I use only about 2gigs with all my apps, podcasts, music, pictures, etc. For whatever reason I want a new iPhone mainly to double the memory, but can't justify it when there doesn't seem to be much difference other than the 3G service. If I got one my plan would go up to the $30 per month plan too. Is there any reason I should upgrade or just be happy with what I have which works great and hope that a new iPhone will come out in a year or so.

Opinions? :cool1:

Just found this! Add me to the iPhone collective.

I love mine and keep bugging everyone (as Reid will tesitfy) for thier application recomendations. Just going to go through and find the best one's and I'll stick mine on later.

Got Metal Gear Solid Touch and Solitaire City recently, good little games to pass the time :)

WOW that's a huge price to pay!

I pay £24.50 p/m for my 8gb iPhone 600 mins and 500 (now 540) texts, unlimited data too. iPhone cost me £99 too!

Here is my list of apps:

· Free Memory
· AppSniper
· Facebook
· MySpace
· Tioti TV
· Google Earth
· USA Today
· eBay
· ITN News
· Wikiamo
· Shazam
· Last FM
· Twitterific
· Twitterfon
· Countdown
· IFooty
· ITranslate
· GovAtoZ
· Most Wanted
· PBJTime
· IPity
· MarchMadness
· IStash
· Photobucket
· Pocket God
· Monopoly
· Distant Shore
· Sally’s Salon
· Spooked
· Little Shop
· Flick Bowling
· MotoChaser
· Snowboard
· Collapse
· Imob Online
· TapDefense
· Candy Wars
· BeerPong
· Tap Tap
· Tap Tap 2
· Scramboni
· Sol Free
· Diner Dash
· Wedding Dash

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter