The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Renting points to stay at BWV this coming Christmas in a studios preferred view (not BW). Any specific room I should request? Don’t mind walking, want the best view. Thanks.

Renting points to stay at BWV this coming Christmas in a studios preferred view (not BW). Any specific room I should request? Don’t mind walking, want the best view. Thanks.

Depends on what "view" you would prefer. We like the rooms overlooking the Village Green. You have a view of the Boardwalk area and if on a higher floor, SSE.

Headed to BWV Sunday! It’ll be our first trip back to the world since January 2019. Staying in a 1br pool/garden view.
Can’t wait!

We love BWV (stayed here on our honeymoon in 2014 and many times before and after).
To be honest, i can’t remember the last time I stayed at our home resort, Saratoga Springs. DH and I have been together over 10 years and he has never stayed there lol.

Depends on what "view" you would prefer. We like the rooms overlooking the Village Green. You have a view of the Boardwalk area and if on a higher floor, SSE.

We would prefer view of the boardwalk. Any particular room numbers you recommend?

We would prefer view of the boardwalk. Any particular room numbers you recommend?
If you want view of Village Green, then request exactly that. Relatively few of the Preferred view (non BW view) rooms are on that short stretch of the building, so no need to specify room numbers. A Village Green view is the only way to have a view of the BW without booking the actual “BW view” category.

If you want view of Village Green, then request exactly that. Relatively few of the Preferred view (non BW view) rooms are on that short stretch of the building, so no need to specify room numbers. A Village Green view is the only way to have a view of the BW without booking the actual “BW view” category.

Thank you for your help.

Just got back from our trip to BWV. Loved staying at one of our favorite resorts. I gotta say though that I hope this resort gets a refurb before too long. There are a number of things that could use a good refresh. In our room not all of the USB outlets worked and there was some obvious wear including in the bathroom. Also in the hallways some of the ceilings looked worn and the carpeting. Having said this I still loved staying there and will stay there again in the future. One warning I have to everyone. The walls are paper thin especially if you have an adjoining room. We could hear our neighbors conversations then on our last morning our new neighbors had a young child who was up before 6 AM and was being extremely loud. Not only could we clearly hear it in our room but you could hear it in the hallway too. So just keep that in mind when you stay there that your neighbors will hear what is going on in your room unless you are pretty quiet.

Just got back from our trip to BWV. Loved staying at one of our favorite resorts. I gotta say though that I hope this resort gets a refurb before too long. There are a number of things that could use a good refresh. In our room not all of the USB outlets worked and there was some obvious wear including in the bathroom. Also in the hallways some of the ceilings looked worn and the carpeting. Having said this I still loved staying there and will stay there again in the future. One warning I have to everyone. The walls are paper thin especially if you have an adjoining room. We could hear our neighbors conversations then on our last morning our new neighbors had a young child who was up before 6 AM and was being extremely loud. Not only could we clearly hear it in our room but you could hear it in the hallway too. So just keep that in mind when you stay there that your neighbors will hear what is going on in your room unless you are pretty quiet.

It's supposed to get a full refurbishment in 2023.

If you request Village Green area for a studio, you should also request higher floor. The rooms are on floors 2 to 5. In the Village Green area, there are studios on the second floor that have no view at all because the views are blocked by the arches that stretch up to the second floor from the Wylan Galleries store on the first floor.

Last edited:
Only minor additional warning about Village Green area - if you're a very early-bird sleeper, or very late riser, the noise outside can be fairly louder than most other places - even louder than on the Boardwalk itself. There are usually activities on the lawn there, with movies playing and kids games - and because of that arch and overhang, the sound really collects in there. It shouldn't be an issue for the 11pm to 6am sleepers, but any earlier or later might deal with some noise.

I just returned yesterday from my stay - got a room on the 4th floor off the little garden area across from Swan which is very quiet - the only noise is the horn from the boats going under the bridge. The resort seemed in generally good shape down there, and the rooms I didn't find to be out of shape or rough - other than the lights which were not in the best of shape. All the bulbs were working, but many of them flickered badly, or would go dim randomly - playing with some of the switches indicated it wasn't the bulbs, but the wiring/lamps that were having the problems. It didn't affect the primary ceiling ones, but the lamps by the living room desk and the reading lamp in the room both had issues. All in all, a very nice stay, with cooler weather on 4 of the 5 days.

Only minor additional warning about Village Green area - if you're a very early-bird sleeper, or very late riser, the noise outside can be fairly louder than most other places - even louder than on the Boardwalk itself. There are usually activities on the lawn there, with movies playing and kids games - and because of that arch and overhang, the sound really collects in there. It shouldn't be an issue for the 11pm to 6am sleepers, but any earlier or later might deal with some noise.

I just returned yesterday from my stay - got a room on the 4th floor off the little garden area across from Swan which is very quiet - the only noise is the horn from the boats going under the bridge. The resort seemed in generally good shape down there, and the rooms I didn't find to be out of shape or rough - other than the lights which were not in the best of shape. All the bulbs were working, but many of them flickered badly, or would go dim randomly - playing with some of the switches indicated it wasn't the bulbs, but the wiring/lamps that were having the problems. It didn't affect the primary ceiling ones, but the lamps by the living room desk and the reading lamp in the room both had issues. All in all, a very nice stay, with cooler weather on 4 of the 5 days.

Glad you had a nice stay. Did you alert maintenance about the light flickering? If not, I would send in a note so that those wires get fixed. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is an easy way to send an email to a specific resort once you've left the area - but if we don't tell them about them maintenance issues, they'll never get fixed.

The CM blowing leaves off the village green starts rather early. :rotfl2:

I did notify maintenance/housekeeping the second day, thinking maybe it was the bulbs, and they replaced them...but them didn't really test the lights until the 4th day when I was going to sit in the chair and read and noticed the flickering again...that's when I wiggled the switch and noticed it affected the flicker...so I notified the maintenance/housekeeping again, though it was my last night and that they might want to address the issue when I checked out in the morning - it was already late evening and my last night, so wasn't worth dealing with it then!

I did notify maintenance/housekeeping the second day, thinking maybe it was the bulbs, and they replaced them...but them didn't really test the lights until the 4th day when I was going to sit in the chair and read and noticed the flickering again...that's when I wiggled the switch and noticed it affected the flicker...so I notified the maintenance/housekeeping again, though it was my last night and that they might want to address the issue when I checked out in the morning - it was already late evening and my last night, so wasn't worth dealing with it then!

I hear you! I just sent a message to member services asking if they could provide us with an email address to send in these sorts of issues after the fact so maintenance can address them. Perhaps I'll get a response sometime in the next week....:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter