The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

We are also proud owners at BWV!!! We love this resort. We just got back from a weeks stay a few weeks ago. There is nothing more beautiful than that lobby. If you learn where the exits can take you, those long hallways are not too bad at al :) I will say though, the rooms are getting worse for the wear. The furniture and carpeting of the 2 bd we had, really really need to be taken care of. The sofa had stains all over it. The carpeting was all bunched up in areas and def needed a steam cleaning. I hope they can move quickly on the resorts that are due more of a refurb, and get BWV back up to a "deluxe" status!

If forgot to say, we were there 7 days and the room was not cleaned. We got a call asking why we cancelled our cleaning. We told them we did not. They said they would send someone right away to clean. They never showed up. Still, it was so nice to be there after being away for so long due to Covid,

Hi! I'll be staying in a 1BR BW view in April and was looking on the Touring Plan room views site. Rooms 2051/3051/4051/5051 point more towards the Village Green and the boardwalk is off to the left. Is this really considered a Boardwalk view or is TP mistaken? Thanks!
They used to be BW view, but several years ago they were reclassified as G/P view. We had one once when it was a BW view, and the balcony was huge and the room seemed larger, too. We complained at first but ended up liking it!

They used to be BW view, but several years ago they were reclassified as G/P view. We had one once when it was a BW view, and the balcony was huge and the room seemed larger, too. We complained at first but ended up liking it!
Thank you! Wow, that's a great score for a G/P view room!

5051 has only one TINY balcony off the living room. I've gotten this room twice, once as BW view many years ago and once when I booked standard view (so, upgraded). I hate this room LOL.

We are also proud owners at BWV!!! We love this resort. We just got back from a weeks stay a few weeks ago. There is nothing more beautiful than that lobby. If you learn where the exits can take you, those long hallways are not too bad at al :) I will say though, the rooms are getting worse for the wear. The furniture and carpeting of the 2 bd we had, really really need to be taken care of. The sofa had stains all over it. The carpeting was all bunched up in areas and def needed a steam cleaning. I hope they can move quickly on the resorts that are due more of a refurb, and get BWV back up to a "deluxe" status!

If forgot to say, we were there 7 days and the room was not cleaned. We got a call asking why we cancelled our cleaning. We told them we did not. They said they would send someone right away to clean. They never showed up. Still, it was so nice to be there after being away for so long due to Covid,

Similar thing happened to us in May--we were there 8 nights and the only housekeeping we saw was our daily room check. Unlike your situation with the call, we called and were told that mousekeeping was there to service the room on day 4, but our room occupied hanger was on the door. Absolutely did not happen because we never use the hanger, ever! No offer to clean the room despite our call at 5:00 p.m. or so, but they did bring us fresh towels and toiletries. :headache:

The room was not serviced the entire stay and it needed to be dusted--especially the kitchenette and bathroom areas--those floors were filthy and there were no cleaning devices in the room.

I just booked our 'Welcome Home' visit for next Sept. Can't wait! I'll probably weep just like I did at BRV the first time we stayed there as owners. :o

I own at SSR but very pleased I can always get our 1 beds at BWV as it is our favourite.

I’ve been in standard before, this time we are pool/ garden. We like it quiet, nice view obviously, where would you all suggest requesting?

I own at SSR but very pleased I can always get our 1 beds at BWV as it is our favourite.

I’ve been in standard before, this time we are pool/ garden. We like it quiet, nice view obviously, where would you all suggest requesting?
For quiet, I’d request view of croquet lawn or quiet pool. Those afternoon activities at the Luna Park pool ruined my afternoon naps!

Hi folks. Do ya'll know if it's possible to fax a room request to BWV? I read on another site that they don't take faxed requests.

If not (or regardless), what's the best way to send a room request? We're checking in Sat into a 1BR G/P view. It might already be too late to make a request but I figured I should try...

Either put the room request through MS or use Touring Plans. I know that Disney gave them a special email to use for the room requests since they don't accept them by fax anymore.

Either put the room request through MS or use Touring Plans. I know that Disney gave them a special email to use for the room requests since they don't accept them by fax anymore.
I put it in through touring plans this morning, but I believe they send out their requests 5 days before so I missed that! Maybe I'll reach out to them and see what they say.

Thoughts from the past…2012 exactly. We participated in Disboards Christmas Tree exchange just about every year that it existed. I am decorating our home tree today, and this year this ornament will be going up. (We only have a 4’ tree now, so each year we only have some of the ornaments up!).

We included a resort specific ornament for all participants and very often others would send me ornaments THEY made or bought to include in the box, so everyone could get a gift from THEM.

Here‘s the one from BWV, gifted by a fellow BWV lover!

Oops! I did it again, played on the websites and bought another contract... Ok that doesn't really work with Brittney's song but I'm back in ROFR for another BWV contract. :tigger:

This contract was taken by Disney 😕 , but I've had another offer accepted for a different contract. Let's hope this one passes ROFR!

What is considered a cleaning? We were there 10 days a month ago. We had our garbage thrown out every day and on the 4th day we had new towels and more coffee. But we never had bed changed, do they not do that anymore?

What is considered a cleaning? We were there 10 days a month ago. We had our garbage thrown out every day and on the 4th day we had new towels and more coffee. But we never had bed changed, do they not do that anymore?
Only if you stay 8 nights or more.

Only if you stay 8 nights or more.

And even with an 8 night or longer stay (juju was there 10 the post indicates)--it doesn't always happen.

We didn't even receive trash & towel service during our stay last May and we were there 8 nights and 9 days. They did the daily security check and removed the trash, but other than that--nothing with regard to mousekeeping. The story about that is a little farther back in this thread I believe--or it is in the Boardwalk Resort thread--maybe both.

We were less than pleased with our service that visit. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter