The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 4! ~ Posts #1, #2 & #3 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We found that it starts getting busier by 8am and about 9am was the busiest time for breakfast at the food court.

Maybe that would explain why we got a fridge free of charge in our room 2 weeks ago. We thought it might just have been some extra pixie dust for our honeymoon, or they just forgot it was there. :confused3

The food court is absolute pandemonium between 7:45 and 9:15 am. It's a madhouse, a circus, a zoo. Did I mention it's busy?

I was there Aug 19 - 29. We had 4 rooms in a grand gathering. We had 1 room that requested a fridge for medical reasons. That was the only room that had a fridge. If you got one for free and didn't ask for it, it was an oversight. I'll need to see a couple of confirmations before I believe what one travel agency reported on their facebook page about the free fridge. What's next, free internet?:rotfl2:

The food court is absolute pandemonium between 7:45 and 9:15 am. It's a madhouse, a circus, a zoo. Did I mention it's busy?

I was there Aug 19 - 29. We had 4 rooms in a grand gathering. We had 1 room that requested a fridge for medical reasons. That was the only room that had a fridge. If you got one for free and didn't ask for it, it was an oversight. I'll need to see a couple of confirmations before I believe what one travel agency reported on their facebook page about the free fridge. What's next, free internet?:rotfl2:

ooooooh, free internet.....that would be nice too :thumbsup2
but who has time for internet when you are at Disney. NOT ME!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am wishfully hoping for a frig. but I am not counting on it. I did email my TA and asked, but she didn't know anything about it. However she said she is going to call POP and ask.

I hope that going to eat at 7-7:30 will be ok for us....but we will adjust if not. I have been so concerned about liking Pop, but I am now getting very excited for our trip.

Oh I hope the Fridge rumor is true !! I will be checking that out next month!! I have to call special needs so they may well know, but can't do that till next month!!!

As for being safe at night !!My 9 year old grandson was fine at night, he did have a cell phone though !!

Which building to request and standard vs preferred is really an individual choice. When I go solo I get standard and ask for 50.\, 60, or 70,s !! Have always got 50's:rotfl2:The next time I am just requesting 70's as I want to try that section!! It is closer to buses and close to foodcourt !!

Oh I hope the Fridge rumor is true !! I will be checking that out next month!! I have to call special needs so they may well know, but can't do that till next month!!!

Hey, Rosie why are you waiting to late to call special needs? They prefer to know needs sooner rather than later - easier for them to make necessary arrangements! :thumbsup2

ooooooh, free internet.....that would be nice too :thumbsup2
but who has time for internet when you are at Disney. NOT ME!!!

Free internet would be nice within the parks to be able to update wait times on rides and save on my phones battery life. :)

But I'll take the free fridge if that comes to life. And by end of the month I would assume Sept? Good thing we aren't going till late Oct.

We are almost 45 days out. Can't wait to see what Pop is all about.

I was just going to post that it would not be wise to trust anything an online or phone CM has to say. Their knowledge is limited and as jen said, do not count on anything set in stone.

I would expect AOA and POP will share buses during the slow seasons - after all, BC/YC/BWI and even Swan and Dolphin often share buses during slower seasons - if 5 deluxe resorts share a bus, guests can pretty much count on the same happening at AOA and POP. :thumbsup2

Hoping to get the new POP faqs thread up today! ::yes::

YES! I stayed at Yacht Club this past trip and we shared buses with Swan and Dolphin (2 stops), and Boardwalk and Beach Club...and it was not even a slow time either. That was a huge downfall for the Yacht Club to me. Pop buses are muc hbetter in my opinion. Now we could walk or take a boat over to Epcot or DHS, but it wasn't a fast option either way there as well.

I hope this is true too :yay: If you run across that thread again, can you post the website address, I would love to read about that.

At the Agent Education Program I just went to, there was a little talk of this...Disney is "talking" about putting in fridges and coffe pots per guest demands, but again it was only in the talk stage. They also said the reason they don't have them is that many poeple staying in Value don't use the rooms much, more of just a place to sleep, so that is why they haven't put them in at this point.
I can't say how up to date their info was for sure. The one leader was not aware of the testing of the new refillable mugs with the timer chip at AS sports.

Free internet would be nice within the parks to be able to update wait times on rides and save on my phones battery life. :)

But I'll take the free fridge if that comes to life. And by end of the month I would assume Sept? Good thing we aren't going till late Oct.

We are almost 45 days out. Can't wait to see what Pop is all about.

I had that problem a lot the past 2 trips. My phone was always dying much too soon. I like to post to facebook during the day as well. I have found since being back that you can buy portable chargers (actually one of the agents on this past trip had one) You can get them on amazon or ebay and probably at any store that sells phone accessories. I got mine off ebay. Mine was $40 and it can charge my phone at least 3 times before needing recharged itself. You can get cheaper models for under $20 that will do a 1 time charge, but I liked being able to have the option of charging a couple of times if needed before I recharge the charger. Mine charges by being plugged into the computer, but I bought an adapter (for $1.50) that allows it to plug into the wall to charge so I don't have to lug my laptop if I don't need to.

Also when I was at Epcot this past trip, my phone kept telling me I could get free wi fi from Starbucks if I signed up with them. I never did as I was on the move a lot and didn't have the time, but I thought it was weird. I told one other girl and she thought it was wierd too and when it popped up one day I showed it to her just to be sure I was seeing it right. We did got back stage a bit at Epcot and she was able to get free wifi back there. LOL!

I had that problem a lot the past 2 trips. My phone was always dying much too soon. I like to post to facebook during the day as well. I have found since being back that you can buy portable chargers (actually one of the agents on this past trip had one) You can get them on amazon or ebay and probably at any store that sells phone accessories. I got mine off ebay. Mine was $40 and it can charge my phone at least 3 times before needing recharged itself. You can get cheaper models for under $20 that will do a 1 time charge, but I liked being able to have the option of charging a couple of times if needed before I recharge the charger. Mine charges by being plugged into the computer, but I bought an adapter (for $1.50) that allows it to plug into the wall to charge so I don't have to lug my laptop if I don't need to.

Also when I was at Epcot this past trip, my phone kept telling me I could get free wi fi from Starbucks if I signed up with them. I never did as I was on the move a lot and didn't have the time, but I thought it was weird. I told one other girl and she thought it was wierd too and when it popped up one day I showed it to her just to be sure I was seeing it right. We did got back stage a bit at Epcot and she was able to get free wifi back there. LOL!

I have already downloaded Disney Mobile for our trip but having a droid I know that the battery will die fast, so I went on Amazon and got another battery for $3.54 - CRAZY cheap. So now I will just change batteries when the first one dies. YAY!!!!!

ooooohhhh I agree!!! :thumbsup2
I just like to help others out that view those wait times apps because I look at them frequently within the parks. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I've seen several ones that are out on the market. Ever since I've upgraded to the iPhone 4 since our 08 trip where I had the 3GS, the battery life has been much better. I didn't have battery issues last Sept using the apps as previously due to the larger battery in the 4. I'll be getting the 5 when it comes out and hopefully it does before our trip in Oct.

But it's nice to have wifi due to the lower battery consumption.

Quick question to anyone, what is the current cost to rent a fridge at Pop? $10 a day?

Thanks ronnmel, I am thinking that we will need to go get breakfast around 7 - 7:30 then head back to our room to get ready for our day at the parks.

7-7:30 is a great time to target. It's relatively quiet then, the calm before the storm... :goodvibes

I have already downloaded Disney Mobile for our trip but having a droid I know that the battery will die fast, so I went on Amazon and got another battery for $3.54 - CRAZY cheap. So now I will just change batteries when the first one dies. YAY!!!!!

I did think about that option as well. For me it wouldn't be ideal. I swear I need a college degree to get that back battery cover off. :rotfl: I don't know who designed it, but it's horrid. (I have a Droid through Nextel) And then I could only charge one battery at a time as I have to put it in the phone to do so. Since I am only in my room to basically sleep, that would mean I would need to set an alarm to get up up after a couple of hours (and sometimes thats all the sleep I get. LOL) and change batteries to be sure both would be charged each day. And of course, in the middle of the night, I would need that college degree even more to open the back up. :confused:

So I decided for me, the mobile charge was the way to go. I know it might not be for everyone, but thought I would through it out for those who lose battery power quickly like I do.

Hey, Everyone!

Come on over to the new Pop Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ September 2011

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2793105

We hope you like our new look! :)

Minnie&Nana and Janet B
(co-hosts)​

And just an FYI for everybody, to subscribe to the new thread just go to Thread Tools and click on Subscribe to this Thread. There's no need to post the word subbing to subscribe.

And just an FYI for everybody, to subscribe to the new thread just go to Thread Tools and click on Subscribe to this Thread. There's no need to post the word subbing to subscribe.

Thanks EpcotBill! :thumbsup2 I've added this info to the FAQ thread! In our excitement to get the thread up and running, we forgot to add this. :)

Some people have said that some CM's allow a CS credit to be exchanged for 3 snack credits. Has anyone had luck at POP with this?

Some people have said that some CM's allow a CS credit to be exchanged for 3 snack credits. Has anyone had luck at POP with this?

I've never had that happen, so it may well depend on the CM as it is not a DP rule.:thumbsup2

This thread will be closed soon, so come on over to the new Pop Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ September 2011

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2793105

I definitely did not have a free fridge in my room when I stayed from August 14th to the 24th :rolleyes1 I really hope that rumor is true pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter