The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 4! ~ Posts #1, #2 & #3 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, my 13 year old son and I booked our package for our trip in February!!

We will be staying at Pop Century for the first time. :)

We need a bit of advice. Please forgive me if this has been discussed to death.

We are trying to figure out which building to stay in.

:hippie: We are trying to figure out if it's worth paying more to stay in the 60s building.. since it's closer to the restaurant and buses. But we've heard that it's noisy.

:woohoo: My son loves the 80s, so that would our second choice. It's nice that it would be cheaper, but is the walk really a pain after being in the parks all day?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

:hippie: We are trying to figure out if it's worth paying more to stay in the 60s building.. since it's closer to the restaurant and buses. But we've heard that it's noisy.

:woohoo: My son loves the 80s, so that would our second choice. It's nice that it would be cheaper, but is the walk really a pain after being in the parks all day?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think it's worth it to pay for preferred. It's a relatively small resort - nothing is more than a 5 minute walk from classic hall.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Like Alesia said, the building is relatively compact so unless you have some issue that makes walking difficult, no building will ever be too far.

You can try requesting building 9, facing away from the pool. That would fit your needs the most: quiet, 80s, close to bus stop and Classic Hall.

Building 10 in the 70s would also be good. And we loved the location of our room in building 3 of the 50s (facing away from the pool, closer to the 60s section).

When we stayed at Pop, we were in the 90s so not close to Classic Hall at all. However, we didn't find the walk to be long at all. It was 5 minutes, tops! When I came back and started reading on the boards about Pop, I couldn't believe the number of people going out of their way to be "close" to busses etc. Pop is a very compact resort. :thumbsup2

Before our stay there, we were at POR for six nights. Our room was in Magnolia Terrace. Looking at a map, it looks close to the shop and restaurant, but the walk was a least as long as the one we had on Pop. :confused3

Add me to the group that thinks POP is small enough to walk from any building. We've stayed in the 60s and the 80s sections now and had no problem either time. Personally, you couldn't pay me to stay in a room close to the Hippy Dippy!

If this is your first time there, I say just see what room they assign you and *if* it ends up being a pain, you can always ask to be switched.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Here are a couple of maps that are included in the the 1st post of this thread that may help.
Simba77 gave us this great map that shows the distance fromt he center of each era to the food court.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28076922&postcount=3567

And CanadianGuy gave us this great map that shows the preferred rooms: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17643531&postcount=2

It will be interesting to see a new map showing the new 2012 area's: standard, preferred and preferred pool views:rolleyes:

The 1st post has ALOT of GREAT information and help for all of us POP lovers. I find something helpful in that 1st post everytime I look at it and use the information everytime I plan my trip to POP.:thumbsup2

We always stay in standard and have stayed in the 50's Tramp buiding lakeside, 60's Mowgli & Baloo building lakeside and 70' building Mickey Mouse phone building lakeside, which all are on the backside, furthest from the food court (we just love the quiet lakeside) POP is pretty compact and we have never felt that any of our locations have been too far from the food courts.
Most of 60's is preferred (other than the back side of each building, None of the 80's is preferred. If you decide to save money and stay in a standard room, I would request the Sony Walkman building closest to the food court. If your requests are met, that would get you in the 80's building #9 and pretty close to the food courts/bus stops. Like the other posters, I would not pay to stay close to the Hippy Dippy pool (which is the closest to the food court), It is way to loud for us but that is just my opinion.

Whichever you choose, you will love it! Have fun and hope this helps just a little bit:thumbsup2

Good morning,

We will be at Pop in 35 days for our first time on property. YAY!!!

I keep seeing that the food court is busy during Breakfast....but I don't see what time that could mean. Anyone have an idea of what are the "bad" times to eat?

Also, Is is safe to send a 10 year old to re-fill mugs alone (with a walkie talkie)?

We just switched back to Pop to save some money and I am still so excited! :hyper: We requested 4th floor facing the lake because it's an all-adults trip. I'm looking forward to this a lot.

I friend of mine here on the DIS, mickeystoontown, chatted with a CM online the other day and asked about the bus situation at POP and AOA and if they would be sharing buses. The CM, Lawrence, stated that AOA would have its own bus line, it would NOT be sharing with POP. POP will be keeping its own bus line.

I was just at an agent education program and they told us that it isn't set in stone yet. They are suspecting they may share buses during the slow time of the day, but again, it's not set yet.

We just switched back to Pop to save some money and I am still so excited! :hyper: We requested 4th floor facing the lake because it's an all-adults trip. I'm looking forward to this a lot.

Perfect :thumbsup2
YOU WILL LOVE it! :lovestruc
Make sure you take the time to walk down by the lake and sit on a bench at night and enjoy some alone time and the beauty of the lake. So peaceful and romantic :cloud9:

I guess it depends on the 10 year old, but I would send mine.

She is allowed to go to the lobby and such at other hotels when we go away, so she has already asked if she could go get our drinks for us...I just didn't know how to answer her b\c we have never stayed on property.

Also, I just read on another thread that the Value resorts are going to have a frig in every room by the end of the month???? I hope this is true.

I was just at an agent education program and they told us that it isn't set in stone yet. They are suspecting they may share buses during the slow time of the day, but again, it's not set yet.

Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
I friend of mine here on the DIS, mickeystoontown, chatted with a CM online the other day and asked about the bus situation at POP and AOA and if they would be sharing buses. The CM, Lawrence, stated that AOA would have its own bus line, it would NOT be sharing with POP. POP will be keeping its own bus line.

I was just going to post that it would not be wise to trust anything an online or phone CM has to say. Their knowledge is limited and as jen said, do not count on anything set in stone.

I would expect AOA and POP will share buses during the slow seasons - after all, BC/YC/BWI and even Swan and Dolphin often share buses during slower seasons - if 5 deluxe resorts share a bus, guests can pretty much count on the same happening at AOA and POP. :thumbsup2

Hoping to get the new POP faqs thread up today! ::yes::

She is allowed to go to the lobby and such at other hotels when we go away, so she has already asked if she could go get our drinks for us...I just didn't know how to answer her b\c we have never stayed on property.

Also, I just read on another thread that the Value resorts are going to have a frig in every room by the end of the month???? I hope this is true.

I hope this is true too :yay: If you run across that thread again, can you post the website address, I would love to read about that.

Would you please post the link to that thread? Thank you! :goodvibes

While it would be nice, until we can verify it, we cannot add it to the faqs - so many rumors floating around!

Perfect :thumbsup2
YOU WILL LOVE it! :lovestruc
Make sure you take the time to walk down by the lake and sit on a bench at night and enjoy some alone time and the beauty of the lake. So peaceful and romantic :cloud9:

It was our first choice, but we got lured off to a mod, and decided to switch back. All of this swapping is wearing me out! I need a vacation ;)
I will do thanks! My mom smokes uff so I'm sure she'll be retreating out to the lake all the time. :rotfl:

I keep seeing that the food court is busy during Breakfast....but I don't see what time that could mean. Anyone have an idea of what are the "bad" times to eat?

We found that it starts getting busier by 8am and about 9am was the busiest time for breakfast at the food court.

Maybe that would explain why we got a fridge free of charge in our room 2 weeks ago. We thought it might just have been some extra pixie dust for our honeymoon, or they just forgot it was there. :confused3

Thanks ronnmel, I am thinking that we will need to go get breakfast around 7 - 7:30 then head back to our room to get ready for our day at the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter