The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been asked a million gazillion times but I'm asking again. We are booked for a standard room. We don't mind walking as we are used to staying at the CBR which is a large resort. We also don't mind if we are really close to a pool Which area should we request?

Also, I keep reading reviews that the walls are paper thin and you can hear your next door neighbor. Is it any worse than a regular hotel?

I never found the walls thin. If you have no preference, let them chose a spot. No need to request, if you don't want something in particular.

Stupid question but does anyone know what the refillable mugs look like? This is our first time staying at Pop and I am sooooo excited. It is only our 2nd trip to the World.

There is a link posted a fe pages back. The new ones JUST came out last week. They are red with characters on them. There is also a whole thread (or 2 or 3) dedicated to new mugs.

I got a couple of responses about location but I would love to hear from more Pop vets. Because we don't know much about Pop, I think we aren't going to put any room location requests with the exception of a room on an upper floor.

I really would like to hear from others about hearing your neighbors through the walls. It seems like every time I read a review with anything negative to say, it always includes talk of thin walls. In all honesty, are the walls at Pop any thinner than those in a regular hotel you stop at for the night?

We have had no problems with noise from neighboring rooms. We couldn't even hear the pool noise when in the 60's 1st floor. The only bad noise experience we had was when we were in the room they would put the power washer in front of because they would start washing the pool at 7:30-8am every couple days. We could hear the toilets flush but shutting the bathroom door at night took care of that problem. We would also turn on the first couple channels on the TV with all the disney info and keep the music from that on low while we slept which drown out everything for us.

I can't say that I heard my neighbors at all while I was there. I have heard that if you close your bathroom door at bedtime - you may not hear the toilets as much. Again, I didn't do this but I also didn't hear the toilets that people complain about. I also am not a light sleeper so take that for what it's worth. Touring the parks all day, swimming and whatnot I just fell into bed at night and was out like a light and slept like a rock!

I think that it is like any other cheaper end resort and you have to go there knowing it. It is fun and has your basic needs covered - I think it has a great food court, a great shop and arcade. I really liked staying in the 50's section.

Have a great time!!!!

In all honesty, I think it depends on the sensitivity of a guest; some of us hear nothing because we're not bothered by noise, while some of us hear every door shut etc.

We notice babies crying in the next room, or kids having meltdowns - more so with a connecting room (at the Poly, CR, BC, GF, we've heard the kids running down the hall, either squealing with delight or crying, so a deluxe does not guarantee quiet). Our first stay at POP we could hear muffled voices opposite the mirror, but only when at the sink.

We did hear the pool a bit on the 4th floor of building 4, but it wasn't bothersome. We hear doors slam at every resort, maybe a bit more at POP, but unless it's every couple of minutes at the room next door, doesn't bother us.

We'd request 1. 4th floor 2. lakeside - it's so peaceful.

Hope this helps - have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the reassurance on the noise. We go to the parks early and don't come back until really late. So, by the time we get back to the room, we are dead tired and sleep like logs.

We never put in room requests, we just let them put us wherever they want to, we're so happy to be there we don't care. That being said, we have never been bothered by noise, even when we were in the 50's poolside.
Sometimes I am sure that there are some people staying at Pop that are noisier than the average bear, but you never know when that is going to be or what section they are going to be staying in. Have a great trip!!:goodvibes

The unofficial guide books lists some buildings that have freeway noise. It makes it sound like rooms facing the lake are louder because you can hear the freeway that's on the otherside of the lake or something.

Freeway noise?:confused3 never herd of that. We actualy never had any Issues with noise to tell you the truth.Is there noise probaly but i think that could be at any resort or hotel.Your In a building with hundreds of people there Is bound to be some noise,and as far as thin walls?that could be but for us we never really experince It or we just tolirate more noise.You just have to relize that there Is going to be a bit more with more children In the area,you can only keep kids just so quite. I would say If you are that sensetive to noise,maybe look at diffrent options like the mods or the Deluex I can not Imagin If I could not sleep throught he night and still have ti hit the parks.

Freeway noise?:confused3 never herd of that. We actualy never had any Issues with noise to tell you the truth.Is there noise probaly but i think that could be at any resort or hotel.Your In a building with hundreds of people there Is bound to be some noise,and as far as thin walls?that could be but for us we never really experince It or we just tolirate more noise.You just have to relize that there Is going to be a bit more with more children In the area,you can only keep kids just so quite. I would say If you are that sensetive to noise,maybe look at diffrent options like the mods or the Deluex I can not Imagin If I could not sleep throught he night and still have ti hit the parks.

Well, we can't afford a moderate on our next trip. If we could, I'd definitely be back at POR which was super quiet.

We actually had more noise issues at POFQ than at Pop. I thought the toilets flush was louder, we heard EVERYTHING (and I mean everything if you catch my drift) our neighbors did. Then on our last few days we got some loud teens in the room on the other side.

At Pop, we didn't hear anything and we did have neighbors with kids on one side and an older couple on the other side.

We actually had more noise issues at POFQ than at Pop. I thought the toilets flush was louder, we heard EVERYTHING (and I mean everything if you catch my drift) our neighbors did. Then on our last few days we got some loud teens in the room on the other side.

At Pop, we didn't hear anything and we did have neighbors with kids on one side and an older couple on the other side.

I think as far as noise from other rooms goes, it really depends on who your neighbors are. And you can't control that.

But outside noise can sometimes be avoided. For example, if we go, i want to make sure we aren't in a room that overlooks the pool area.

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this thread, & I'm only about 10 pages in! This will be out first stay at Pop (trying a new resort each year!) and you guys have me very excited about foregoing the mod I wanted in lieu of DH's choice.

Forgive me if this info is in here somewhere, as I'm still reading.

Where is the Twister board located? Is there more than one?
What other special games/distractions should I look for?

Thanks!

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this thread, & I'm only about 10 pages in! This will be out first stay at Pop (trying a new resort each year!) and you guys have me very excited about foregoing the mod I wanted in lieu of DH's choice.

Thanks!

Look for the foosball area of the 70s. I know there are at least 2 twister boards there off to the side, but am not sure if there were more on the other side of the foosball area.

Thanks!

It's funny, I was just typing my TR and posted a pic of the Twister board!! Here it is...near the 70's building, near the foosball guys!!
Disney1208494.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter