The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
leaving for POP this saturday!! can't wait!
what is the fax number to send in room request?

Thanks for the welcomes. I have never been to Florida before, so that in itself is getting me excited.

The photographs of Pop really look great fun. Basically we need a place to sleep whilst visiting the Parks - but it is an added bonus to have such lovely looking pools and buildings.

:welcome:

When we would visit from Boston, we would sometimes make just one request: a view of palm trees.

We were given some great room locations!

Have a fabulous trip - you're going to have so much fun!! :goodvibes

:welcome:

When we would visit from Boston, we would sometimes make just one request: a view of palm trees.

:thumbsup2 Oh I love that! I thought I was the only one! My DH thinks I'm crazy because I take so many pictures of the palms. I don't care - looking at them gets me thru these nasty winters! ;)

My first trip to POP I hadn't thought of the "palm view". We had a great quiet room, 4th floor of the Big Wheel building. It overlooked a cute little "courtyard" that really was pretty, but the trees and foliage looked like what we have at home. Didn't give me that "you're-on-vacation-in-Florida" feeling. Didn't matter for that trip tho since we were so busy all we did in the room was sleep and shower.

Now I really enjoy spending more time relaxing at POP. So I always make sure wherever my room is I have a "palm view." Doesn't matter if its poolside or lakeside/preferred or not - I just wanna be able to see the palms! And sit under them as I have my breakfast, or read a good book, or slurp down a frozen drink, or snooze a little...:goodvibes

leaving for POP this saturday!! can't wait!
what is the fax number to send in room request?

Got to page 1 of this thread and read thru and you will find it Ill see if I can for you! and ill post!

Here you go it's from post #1

Phone Numbers
Main Phone: 407.938.4000
Fax: 407.938.4039 (tried, true, and tested)
TTY Reservations: 407.939.7670
Reservations: 407.934.7639 (407-WDISNEY)
Special Needs/Disabilities Reservations: 407.939.7807

:thumbsup2 .... Doesn't matter if its poolside or lakeside/preferred or not - I just wanna be able to see the palms! And sit under them as I have my breakfast, or read a good book, or slurp down a frozen drink, or snooze a little...:goodvibes

::yes::YES,YES,YES ::yes::!!!!!! Thank goodness someone else gets it!!

We just got back from a stay at Pop (2/8 - 2/14), and we had a wonderful time. We had a great time walking around the resort and taking photos of the different statues and pool areas. The area around the lake was also a nice, uncrowded place to take walks in the evening.

I was getting a little nervous before we left reading reports about rooms that hadn't been cleaned well and bad bus service, but we didn't experience either of those. Our room was very clean, and our mousekeeper was very nice the day we met her. The only time we ever had to wait very long for a bus was the night we stayed to watch wishes. We had about a 35-40 minute wait that night. Otherwise, we never waited more than 10 minutes or so.

My only complaint would be about the food court. They had several vegetarian options, so that was nice. It was almost always crowded though, and we seemed to have some problems with getting handed the food we actually ordered. One evening we waited more than 20 minutes trying to get our order. A woman who didn't seem to speak much English at all kept trying to shove a bacon cheeseburger at us instead of the veggie burgers we ordered. It was rather frustrating. I ended up not getting any food that night, which is just as well since my dbf's burger was charred when he finally got it.

Overall, it was a very nice resort, and I'd certainly stay there again. I got a lot of great information from this thread before we left, so thanks everyone! :)

We just got back from a stay at Pop (2/8 - 2/14), and we had a wonderful time. We had a great time walking around the resort and taking photos of the different statues and pool areas. The area around the lake was also a nice, uncrowded place to take walks in the evening.

I was getting a little nervous before we left reading reports about rooms that hadn't been cleaned well and bad bus service, but we didn't experience either of those. Our room was very clean, and our mousekeeper was very nice the day we met her. The only time we ever had to wait very long for a bus was the night we stayed to watch wishes. We had about a 35-40 minute wait that night. Otherwise, we never waited more than 10 minutes or so.

My only complaint would be about the food court. They had several vegetarian options, so that was nice. It was almost always crowded though, and we seemed to have some problems with getting handed the food we actually ordered. One evening we waited more than 20 minutes trying to get our order. A woman who didn't seem to speak much English at all kept trying to shove a bacon cheeseburger at us instead of the veggie burgers we ordered. It was rather frustrating. I ended up not getting any food that night, which is just as well since my dbf's burger was charred when he finally got it.

Overall, it was a very nice resort, and I'd certainly stay there again. I got a lot of great information from this thread before we left, so thanks everyone! :)

Did you ever eat a veggie burger at the food court? Was it any good?

Did you ever eat a veggie burger at the food court? Was it any good?

Sorry, I didn't. My boyfriend said it was pretty good though, despite being a bit on the burnt side. It wasn't one of the Boca burgers that they serve in the parks. It had little pieces of vegetables in it, kind of like the ones from Gardenburger. It didn't look too bad.

Sorry, I didn't. My boyfriend said it was pretty good though, despite being a bit on the burnt side. It wasn't one of the Boca burgers that they serve in the parks. It had little pieces of vegetables in it, kind of like the ones from Gardenburger. It didn't look too bad.

had one at pop before & they are tasty. i don't even eat these things but wanted some protein late at night after the parks without all the hambuger fat sitting in my stomach so i got one. couldn't really taste the difference to be honest. i would buy one again

A few POP questions...

Do rooms with a king bed cost more? Are they only located in specific buildings or on specific floors?

If I want to pay extra for a fridge, do I have to be in a specific type of room? Or in a room in a specific location/building?

A few POP questions...

Do rooms with a king bed cost more? Are they only located in specific buildings or on specific floors?

If I want to pay extra for a fridge, do I have to be in a specific type of room? Or in a room in a specific location/building?

No they don't cost more. Yes, they are located in specific areas. Check out the first post. Just request a king when you book. It may not be guaranteed but if it's a honeymoon you may have more luck.

You can get a fridge for any room. Have a good trip!

A few POP questions...

Just a heads up,Ive read were they will give the king bedrooms prorty to the handicap,then to pople that request the king rooms. The fridges can be put Into any room In any Building,but you have to request It and then even at that(it happen to me last year) it might not happen,If you do and they charge you the 10$ a day charge make sure they do not charge you for IT.

No they don't cost more. Yes, they are located in specific areas. Check out the first post. Just request a king when you book. It may not be guaranteed but if it's a honeymoon you may have more luck.

You can get a fridge for any room. Have a good trip!

I read the first post but the map with the types of rooms was confusing. Are the King rooms only on the first floor in buildings?

Do I request a fridge at check in? Or when I book the room?

Just a heads up,Ive read were they will give the king bedrooms prorty to the handicap,then to pople that request the king rooms. The fridges can be put Into any room In any Building,but you have to request It and then even at that(it happen to me last year) it might not happen,If you do and they charge you the 10$ a day charge make sure they do not charge you for IT.

Do they run out of fridges or something? Would they be less likely to run out during a slow time of year?

we're going back to Pop in July.... 6 nights! :cool1: I can't wait!!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I read the first post but the map with the types of rooms was confusing. Are the King rooms only on the first floor in buildings?

Do I request a fridge at check in? Or when I book the room?

King roooms are located throught the resort on all floors. :thumbsup2

I would having it noted on your reservation and be sre to mention it at check in.. They can run out of fridges - the fridge are tiny, not like the ones in a moderate or deluxe resort.

Have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter