The Good, the Bad, and the "you've got to be kidding me!" Trip Report

I haven't forgot about y'all!

My FIL was admitted to the hospital yesterday afternoon for chest pain and they wanted to keep him over night for observation. He is home right now but will have to go back in to have his gall bladder removed. :sad2:

Its another "you've got to be kidding me" moment!!

You will understand when I get further into my trip report!

But FIL is home and doing well...so that is a bit of good news.:thumbsup2

Hi! I just found your TR. Great reading so far. Can't wait to here more. :goodvibes Hope your DD isn't sick the whole trip

Where was I....right...soaked!

The rain FINALLY let up and we did the mad dash to the Magic Kingdom. I had a bag to get checked but DH took the girls up and through the gate to the tunnel under the train.

DSCF0005.jpg

Our first picture!!

DSCF0006.jpg

Please notice the lovely sky and the 10:30 am crowds!:scared1:

DSCF0007.jpg

Partners Statue

DSCF0008.jpg

My DD5 made me take this one! :laughing:

DSCF0010.jpg

Bridge between the Castle Hub and Tomorrowland....You will notice a trend with DD5....you will mostly see her backside!:lmao:

DSCF0011.jpg

:thumbsup2

DSCF0012.jpg

:thumbsup2

We wondered aimlessly around the park get to take everything in. We were in no rush to jump on any rides, until we came to the Haunted Mansion. Last time we were at Disney, it was closed for renovation. The girls were scared to death. DD5 rode with me and DD8 rode with DH. DD5 but her head in my lap the WHOLE ride, she would not look up at all. After HM, we meandered over to Splash MT for Fastpasses and then headed to Pirates....which by taking the right-side que line, we walked right onto the ride! :cool2:pirate:
DH thought we were lost and I kept telling him to be patient.:sad2:

Then we rode the jungle cruise which was about a 15 min wait.

DSCF0015.jpg

Inspiration Falls....they inspire you to go.....:rotfl2: Still corny but still funny

DSCF0017.jpg

Backside of water.....:lmao:...sorry had too!;)

We headed over to the Castle Hub to catch story time with Belle
DSCF0018.jpg

Then we hoped into Tomorrowland and rode the TTA.
DSCF0020.jpg

Backside of DD5

We were starving for lunch and decided that Cosmic Rays would do the trick! I got the BBQ ribs and they were delicious! DH got the Chicken sandwich, DD8 got the Chicken Cesaer Salad and DD5 got chicken nuggets. We left stuffed to the gills! I loved everything I ate!! Include the rich, chocolate dessert!! It was Heavenly!!

After TTA, we headed to Toon Town and went through Minnie and Mickey's houses...we then rode Goofy's Barn Stormer...I love that ride...dont ask me why but I do.!:confused3

At this point, I am still trying to find where Tinkerbelle and friends are located for pictures....idiot that I can be, didnt ask...to find out later that they are in the tent where you can get pictures with the princesses. :sad2:

At this point, our Splash Mt fastpasses are ready, we hop the train to Frontierland and hop on Splash Mt. DD5 and DH LOVE this ride. Everytime someone would ask DD5 what her favorite thing was....Splash Mt.:thumbsup2

We are pretty tired and decided to head to the Pop for a cat nap. DD5 is still pretty warm from the fever.

We head back to the MK for our Dinner Ressies...Crystal Palace with Pooh Bear. I was a little worried about DD5 because she didnt care for some of the characters. But the only one she really shied away from was Tigger. Poor Eeyore spilled her cup but it was all good...it had a lid. ;) The food was pretty good...I cant say it was great but I cant say it was bad either.:confused3

We got to see most of the Wishes fireworks from the Crystal Palace while we were waiting to be seated.

After dinner we headed to tomorrowland and rode Buzz. DH and DD8 rode Stitch while I took DD5 back on the TTA. We met back up and headed to Fantasy Land to ride Small World, the Carousel, Snow White, and Pooh Bear. The then saw Philharmagic....we as a family love this show. The parked closed at 1am and it was after midnight....we decided to call it a day...or night...whatever...we were going to bed.

im joining in on your trip report hope you dont mind. i clicked because i love the title! I just had to keep reading once i saw hagerstown Md lol i live about an hour away from there. Im liking your trip report so far :thumbsup2

im joining in on your trip report hope you dont mind. i clicked because i love the title! I just had to keep reading once i saw hagerstown Md lol i live about an hour away from there. Im liking your trip report so far :thumbsup2

Hi Courtney!! Are you near the Cumberland area?

Loving it so far! Poor little mite with a fever on the first day of her trip - hope she perks up!
Lx

How fun that your friend and her family were going at the SAME time! Wow!

I'm sorry your little one was sick, I do hope she had a quick recovery.

And your FIL will be in my thoughts.

:goodvibes

I'm in! You are off to a great start. Can't wait to hear the rest. Oh, and I LOVE that your 5 year old is so busy looking at all of Disney that you can only get a shot of her backside. I think I am the same way!

We had decided that we were going to sleep in instead of catch the morning EMH at Animal Kingdom. With DD5 feeling bad, we didnt want to push it.

Well, about 8:30 am, I get a face full of sunshine. DD5 was trying to open the curtains to wake us up. I jumped out of bed, grabbed the theremometer!

99.3....yes...its going done!:cool1:

I give her some more childern's motrin and set out the girls clothes for that day. I then proceed to hop in the shower to fully wake up my behind...it still was dragging at that point.:laughing:

DH takes his shower while I am getting dressed.

Finally, we are ready to hit the road. We head to 'everything Pop' for breakfast...I get my chocolate croissant again...that thing is heavenly! DD5 gets a bagel and DD8 gets a apple danish. Dh got a chocolate muffin. I have a taste....yummy!

DSCF0040.jpg

DD5 in her new hat and glasses.

DSCF0041.jpg

DD8 and her new hat!

DSCF0042.jpg

Dh stuffing his mouth with that chocolate muffin!

DSCF0045.jpg

The tree of life

We get to the Animal Kingdom and head over to the Safari to get fastpasses....:scared1: You should have seen the line for the fastpasses! DH jumps in the fastpass line and I take the girls to the bathroom. We all meet back up and there is a group of dancers that we go over to watch...I love watching the African dancers. Our fastpasses are not until 4:20pm :headache:
Oh well, sleeping in was worth it.

We head over to the walking trails to see the animals. Half way through the trail, my phone is ringing. :confused:
I didnt answer it in time...so I checked my voicemail....I actually had two....one from an hour earlier and then the one I just missed......both were from my sister-in-law....DH's aunt was being rushed to the hospital.....I called her back and found I quiet spot to take the call.....She was was in tears when she answered........his aunt had passed.:eek:

You have got to be kidding me!!!

DH's aunt had a brain tumor that was removed about a month ago. She was doing fairly well...but that morning she just stopped breathing but the doctors said that there still was a chance because her heart still sounded good. 20 mins later she was gone.

I got off the phone simply heart sick! I told DH and he was upset too! We went though the trail with the girls as if nothing was out of ordinary for the girls. We were walking over to the Festival of the Lion King and talked about what to do....do we leave and lose the money and vacation? We just didn't know what to do.:sad2:

I dont care how many times we see it, we still enjoy Festival of the Lion King.:thumbsup2

After the show, DH went to find a quiet spot to call home and I took the girls over to get our picture taken with Minnie.
DSCF0053.jpg

After Dh talks to his Dad, we stop at Pizzafari for lunch. His Dad tells us to just stay where we are until they know the arrangements tomorrow. We still have not told the girls, I just am not ready to upset their applecart.

After our lunch, its parade time! I love the Jammin Jungle Parade!
DSCF0061.jpg

Its fastpass time....off on Safari we go!! I was surprised about the amount of animals that we did see that late in the afternoon. They changed the storyline a little bit too.

After Safari, we head to the Kali Rapids...fastpasses are all gone, so we do standby which says 90 mins :scared1: Its the only ride that DH wants to do before we leave...:sad2:

The wait was only about an hour and I have to admit that the details in the que line are really neat and interesting to look at...plus it gave us time to talk about what we should do.

After the rapids, we head back to the Pop for some swim time. The girls were begging all day and our dinner ressies at Ohanas werent until 8:45 that night. I take the girls swimming and DH makes some phone calls back home.

We went swimming in the 'computer' pool...plenty of room and the water was a relaxing warm! :cloud9: My sore legs and feet were happy! The girls loved to splash and play around.

After about an hour of swimming, we head back up to the room and get ready for dinner. I give the girls a bath and get them dressed. We head to catch the MK bus to catch the monorail to hit the Poly!

The girls love riding the monorail.

At O'hanas, we are seated right next to a window.
DSCF0069.jpg

That is the Wishes fireworks in the background. The food and the services were both fantastic and it was a great end to a not so great day.

Great trip report with the exception of all the bad news you guys have received so far. Am waiting on more.

I laughed as soon as I saw your title, and I knew that this was one that I had to read, and I was not disappointed in the read at all, I had a few chuckles along the read:lmao:

The same thing happened to my family when we came back from overseas visiting my family in Germany. My Grandma passed just as we touched down, and were suppose to fly to visit my fathers side. My Mom was in shock, and literally froze for a few hours, it was heart breaking. We had just left my Grandmother and had promised her we were going to return back in Christmas time, just three months away.

Everything was stopped, and tickets for all were scrambled for, and the trip back to Germany was long, and seemed too quiet. Did not know how to talk to my Mom about her Mom passing. Everyone just numb. While in Germany, my Mom was getting out of the car, not paying attention and she opened the door, and a car driving by ripped it off, barely sparing my Mom.

I hope things have eased for you, and you the memories get easier for all:flower3:

Then shHen

Great trip report with the exception of all the bad news you guys have received so far. Am waiting on more.
We did have a great trip, thank you, in spite of the bad stuff.

What awful news. :grouphug:

Enjoying your TR. You have 2 very beautiful girls!

Thank you, I think that I will keep'em around for a while!;)

I laughed as soon as I saw your title, and I knew that this was one that I had to read, and I was not disappointed in the read at all, I had a few chuckles along the read:lmao:

:cool1: My day is complete, I made someone laugh!!

The same thing happened to my family when we came back from overseas visiting my family in Germany. My Grandma passed just as we touched down, and were suppose to fly to visit my fathers side. My Mom was in shock, and literally froze for a few hours, it was heart breaking. We had just left my Grandmother and had promised her we were going to return back in Christmas time, just three months away.

Everything was stopped, and tickets for all were scrambled for, and the trip back to Germany was long, and seemed too quiet. Did not know how to talk to my Mom about her Mom passing. Everyone just numb. While in Germany, my Mom was getting out of the car, not paying attention and she opened the door, and a car driving by ripped it off, barely sparing my Mom.

I hope things have eased for you, and you the memories get easier for all:flower3:

Then shHen

You will see as I go through the rest of the trip.....it poured 'good' news!:sad2:
Glad to have you along!! (PS love your "name")

Well since I have given you a couple "you've got to be kidding" moments...Let me share some of the good and the bad.

The cast members were top notch this trip. Everyone brought their "A" game and I noticed it right away. It just seemed that they smiled a little brighter and were warm and inviting. Two years ago, that was not the case.:sad2:

I truly do not have a single complaint regarding cast member or Disney.

Now the guests on the other hand....:headache:

It must have been "get out of jail free" week for the inconsiderate! We were waiting in line to MK and a father and two young boys were standing in front of us. The boys were playing on their Nintendo DSs and when it was time to load the bus, they just stood there and didnt move....totally engrossed in the games.
I was hot!!:mad: I ended up giving the one boy a tap on the shoulder to get him to move. You are in DISNEY WORLD put the DAMN video game away!:mad: It got worse...we ended up standing on the bus. DH held onto DD8 and I held onto DD5, plus I am holding on the railing to keep from falling....well the little boys were still playing the video games and kept bumping into my behind...I was having a hard enough time trying not to land on someones lap without those little twerps making it worse. Sorry, for the rant but just wanted to let you in on the bad....:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter