The Good, the Bad, and the "you've got to be kidding me!" Trip Report

Good trip report. Sorry about all of your bad news so far. Hope your vacation was good despite the rocky beginning.

It seems that once in every trip we have had, there is one "bad" experience. On our last visit, we had staked out a place to watch the parade and some people from France pushed in front and would not move.

The good thing is that it was a minor inconvience althougth at Disney where it's almost perfect, the minors seem to be majors!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry. What a shock it must have been, for everyone.

On the upside, I am glad your daughter's fever was going down, that's a bright spot.

Oh Clarabug, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. :hug: :hug:

~FOTLK is my favorite show of all Disney :goodvibes

I'd like to join too. I like the way that you write. I really want to see how this turns out. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm glad your daughter is feeling better.

We stayed at POP in 06. We were in the same section, it was very quiet but a long walk.

That first day was a long one. I couldn't have done it.

We are eating at O'Hana's for the first time in June. We can't wait. I think DH will really like it.

I have 2 daughters as well. Except mine are teenagers.:scared1:

I will wait patiently for more.

I am enjoying your trip report so much, but so sad to hear about your bad news :( Hope things get better.

I just found your TR and I have to say that you really went non-stop your first day. 6am flight and you were still out at midnight. :worship: You pics from your second day are really good, especially your evening meal at Ohana's.

Glad you like POP better this time. The crowds are one thing I don't like about POP, yet I am amazed at all the nice quiet areas too.

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope you didn't have to go home early.

Now the guests on the other hand....:headache:

It must have been "get out of jail free" week for the inconsiderate! We were waiting in line to MK and a father and two young boys were standing in front of us. The boys were playing on their Nintendo DSs and when it was time to load the bus, they just stood there and didnt move....totally engrossed in the games.
I was hot!!:mad: I ended up giving the one boy a tap on the shoulder to get him to move. You are in DISNEY WORLD put the DAMN video game away!:mad: It got worse...we ended up standing on the bus. DH held onto DD8 and I held onto DD5, plus I am holding on the railing to keep from falling....well the little boys were still playing the video games and kept bumping into my behind...I was having a hard enough time trying not to land on someones lap without those little twerps making it worse. Sorry, for the rant but just wanted to let you in on the bad....:sad2:

I know the feeling...we were there in March and ran into people that just weren't Disney Happy people. I was commenting on that in my TR just yesterday.

Your crew looks happy enough, even with the "you're kidding me" moments. Keep it coming
cheryl

:grouphug:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. We were not surprised that Aunt Mary passed and when we heard more of the details...we were glad because it was a quick and quiet passing, she didn't suffer. Her brain just told her lungs to stop, but she did not feel any pain, she just closed her eyes.

Another Magical Disney Moment.....Dinner at Ohana's.....My darling DD5 is a very picky eater and I thought that with the variety, she would have something to eat. She ate the salad and the chicken wings but that was about it!:sad2:

Our very astute serve noticed that and I mentioned that she was a Hot Dog kid!:lmao:

5 mins later our server comes out with a plate that has a hot dog and french fries on it! My DD5 was on :cloud9:

I love Disney Moments!:goodvibes

Another Magical Disney Moment.....Dinner at Ohana's.....My darling DD5 is a very picky eater and I thought that with the variety, she would have something to eat. She ate the salad and the chicken wings but that was about it!:sad2:

Our very astute serve noticed that and I mentioned that she was a Hot Dog kid!:lmao:

5 mins later our server comes out with a plate that has a hot dog and french fries on it! My DD5 was on :cloud9:

I love Disney Moments!:goodvibes

I love Disney!! Those people are great!!!

I to know how it is to get bad news while at Disney. In Sept 08 Hurricane Gustav hit our home and flooded my in-laws house. That puts a damper on things. I also know what you mean about some inconsiderate people at Disney. We are from Louisiana and men always give up their seat to women or elderly on busses, at least my southern gent does. One time a lady came on the bus after we were seated and my DH offered his seat. The lady was hispanic and maybe didn't speak English but she gave absolutely no aknowlegment of his gesture. Not even a gracias. My DH was so angry. He did't have to give up his seat for her and her child but hey we southerners take the high road. It is just our way. Love the report so far.

I to know how it is to get bad news while at Disney. In Sept 08 Hurricane Gustav hit our home and flooded my in-laws house. That puts a damper on things. I also know what you mean about some inconsiderate people at Disney. We are from Louisiana and men always give up their seat to women or elderly on busses, at least my southern gent does. One time a lady came on the bus after we were seated and my DH offered his seat. The lady was hispanic and maybe didn't speak English but she gave absolutely no aknowlegment of his gesture. Not even a gracias. My DH was so angry. He did't have to give up his seat for her and her child but hey we southerners take the high road. It is just our way. Love the report so far.

DH grew up in the mountains of West Virginia and he always gave his seat to someone else. Taking the bus back in the evenings, it was always crowded. If I took a seat I always had one of the girls on my lap (at one time both:sad2:) to make sure that there were extra seats. I probably wont do that when they are in their teens but, by god, I am at least going to try to teach them now!

OHHHHHH Clara this was not quite the reoprt I expected... Darlin God must have big plans for you with all of your ups and downs lately.... So sorry about Aunt Mary's passing :guilty:

I finally made it home from Hawaii and here to see your report!
Please tell me the rest gets better????

I again applaud you on continuing to make the best of it you are getting to be an expert at that!

awaiting the next installment......

OHHHHHH Clara this was not quite the reoprt I expected... Darlin God must have big plans for you with all of your ups and downs lately.... So sorry about Aunt Mary's passing :guilty:

I finally made it home from Hawaii and here to see your report!
Please tell me the rest gets better????

I again applaud you on continuing to make the best of it you are getting to be an expert at that!

awaiting the next installment......

Oh, you must do a trip report on your Hawai'i Trip!! I hope that you had a great time and I am glad to see you home safe and sound!

I am having problems uploading to Photobucket so I will try again tomorrow when my patience is in a better frame of mind!:confused: I have some good EPCOT pictures too, darn it! :sad2:

Oh Well, on with the show!!

Day 3 EPCOT

EPCOT was EMH in the morning. I set the alarm clock for 6am, we were actually going to catch a rope drop! We have never done one, so we were looking forward to it!:cool1:

I rollover to see sunlight peeping through the curtains...a little bit for 6am:confused:

OH CRAP!!!! its 7:20am...I set the alarm but didnt turn the stupid thing on!:scared1::sad2: Have I mentioned I am blond?!

I jump out of bed and am hollerin' at everyone to get a move on or were will miss the rope drop:scared:

Considering, I took a shower and had to dress the girls, plus grab breakfast in Everything Pop, we made it to Epcot at 8:30am:cool2:

Oh yeah, DD5 is fever free...I give her some tylenol, just as a precaution.:cutie:

We missed the rope drop but thats okay, it was made up in other ways. We had never done Test Track so we head in that direction. We decided to grab fastpasses for it...10:40am return...not too shabby:thumbsup2

We then head over to the Land so Dh and DD8 can catch Soarin'. I cannot ride any type of simulated ride.....sicker than a dog I am:yoda:

So I take DD5 and we walk right on to Living with the Land...she loved it. Then we went to what the movie with Simba and TImon and Puumba about living with the land....I dont remember the name, sorry...DD5 liked that too.

By that time, Dh and DD8 were done riding Soarin' and were waiting for us. DD8 loved Soarin and was telling me all about it...I love listening to the excitment in her voice when she was describing the ride!:lovestruc

We then headed over to Journey into Imagination. I scared my husband byt singing the ride song (in full) before we got on the actually ride:figment:
We then played in the "interactive area" (which I have pix of :mad:) and then headed back over to Test Tract...it was fastpass time!:dancer:

I have a great Test Track picture too, but NOOOOoooo!:mad::badpc:

As we were "patiently" waiting for the doors to open, DD8 is starting to get nervous....since she has never been on this ride...her anxiety is up... she has to go to the bathroom, REALLY bad. I told her that it was too late and she would have to wait!:o

Now I know why the TestTrack wait is sooooo stinkin' long.....the que line after the "briefing room" is NOT set up efficiently. IMHO......

We are in our car and off we gooo!!

TestTRack is a great ride! I need to head to the bathroom myself, so off the three of us girls go

Wait for it......

Wait for it..............

Wait for it.............................

You have got to be kidding me!!

Aunt Flo has made her visit early!!:eek::faint:

That's okay....this I can handle! I am not happy but I can deal!

Oh NO!!! I hate it when Aunt Flo comes to call when you don't expect it - especially on holiday.

Sorry you are having problems with your pics. I can't see them anyway while at work, so I can't tell if you added any at the end. I still enjoyed your update sans the pics!

So sorry about your families loss. I am happy to hear that her passing was pain free and that she didn't suffer!

I am glad your DD seems to be recovered, that's fantastic.

Looking forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter