The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

The LLI$ is all over the place. I clicked 9:30 am for SDMT right at 7 am and the booking screen showed 9:30 but the actual booked was 6 pm (conflicting with dinner ADR). I rushed to the front desk (30 min line at AOA) and the was able to change the pass (second drop was around 7:17 am and there were plenty of passes available at 7:30 am).
May I ask when that happened?
I had this happen to us in February but it seems like the last reports haven’t been as bad with the ILLs…
I am so worried it will happen to us and I will be stuck with a late time…

Hypothetical question for anyone who knows. Let’s say I purchase an ILL for myself and another person in my party, but the other person changes plans and doesn’t go to the park. If I have both magic bands would I be able to use their magicband to redeem their ILL even though they didn’t scan into the park? Thanks for any help!

Has anyone successfully stacked LLs at AK for afternoon on a travel day? It seems like Thrill Data shows that for the first few "grab" timeslots that the return time would be too soon. I'm considering popping into HS for a few rides before we head to AK so we could force G+ to offer later times? But 3 parks in 1 day seems like a bit much.

We did on March 11:

At 7:10, got Navi for 12:55-1:55 (was a very busy day, so normally might take longer to get afternoon Navi)
At 12:00, got Safari for 2:55-3:55 (even on busy day, had to wait till 12:00 to get desired return time)
At 2:00, got Kali for 5:15-6:15

Everest was on refurb, so couldn't get it.

Hypothetical question for anyone who knows. Let’s say I purchase an ILL for myself and another person in my party, but the other person changes plans and doesn’t go to the park. If I have both magic bands would I be able to use their magicband to redeem their ILL even though they didn’t scan into the park? Thanks for any help!
99.9% sure they'd have to scan in first. Obviously they could tyen leave and as long as you had one of their magicbands you coukd then ride with theirs, but almost positive they have to have scanned in first.

Under the old FP system, there were reports (or at least threats) that Disney would cancel annual passes if a person’s magic band was used for Fast pass if the person hadn’t scanned into the park. I wouldn’t try it.

Strategy question: We are a rope drop, rest, park hop kind of family. Is it possible to just stack the park you want to hop to instead of using it for your morning park? Or is it better to use it at your morning park and stack as the day goes on? I don’t want any LL at my morning park for later than 1pm because we will most likely be out of the park by then.

Strategy question: We are a rope drop, rest, park hop kind of family. Is it possible to just stack the park you want to hop to instead of using it for your morning park? Or is it better to use it at your morning park and stack as the day goes on? I don’t want any LL at my morning park for later than 1pm because we will most likely be out of the park by then.
Yes it is possible.
It might be better, it might not. Depends on the park, the crowd level, the attractions you like/want etc.

We did on March 11:

At 7:10, got Navi for 12:55-1:55 (was a very busy day, so normally might take longer to get afternoon Navi)
At 12:00, got Safari for 2:55-3:55 (even on busy day, had to wait till 12:00 to get desired return time)
At 2:00, got Kali for 5:15-6:15

Everest was on refurb, so couldn't get it.

Thanks! That would work fine for us, but I guess it really depends on the day/crowds. I'll keep monitoring. Right now, all the rides are still too early.

We use the same strategy. We've stacked for the afternoon VERY successfully on our morning flight/travel day, getting to the parks early afternoon. We've also done it where we grabbed 1 LL in AK in the morning, then started stacking in another park for later. We've ALSO done Rope Drop at HS with 1 LL (MFSR) for an early slot (9:30am maybe) , RD'd TOT, RNRC, then hit MFSR and started stacking for the evening. We happened to be coming back to HS that day so it was the same park, but another park would have worked too.

With the recent changes to the tip board (not being able to see next available times between 7am and 7:30am) I'm wondering how that is affecting usage? Are people still seeing new/earlier times around 7:10am/7:12am? Just when you think you best understand the system it changes...
How is this working? You cannot see the hour until the end of the booking process?

We used this strategy a lot for our recent trip for a variety of scenarios and it worked pretty well. For a morning in AK and afternoon in HS we started stacking at HS immediately in the morning (Slinky Dog). For a morning we started in Epcot we used it for a few rides there in the morning (Remy) and then started stacking for MK after our break and that worked well as well. So I think depending on your park combos there's a few different options.

I’m with the PP. It depends on your park plans.

For our upcoming trip I have G+ for each day of our trip. Some days I plan on starting G+ early and getting close times before stacking for our PM park. Some days I have us only stacking starting at 7 am.

AK/DHS - will start stacking for DHS at 7 am (basically anytime DHS is the PM park I will stack at 7 am)

Epcot/MK - will start at Epcot at 7 am

I think it is also a bit of a see how you go as the day progresses. On our AK day when we were late stacking for HS at one point I considered booking Dinosaur to quickly ride then go back to stacking since times were still a bit early at HS. Dinosaur ended up being down all morning so I couldn't do that but I considered it as an option.

I think one of the biggest things to look out for with late-day stacking is to try to have the last LL you book before you are arriving late day be pretty close to your arrival time. That way you can use it and book another right away since it is 120 minutes or after using the last LL you booked to book another.

Don't forget, the 1 ILL$ per park ends on 8/7, so Remy's could be back to an ILL$ by that time, so, you could do Remy ILL$, GotG VQ or ILL$, and Test Track LL all at 7am.

But to answer your question, at this time, most LL passes for TT are gone by 10, but there are small amounts sporadically available:

View attachment 684909

Each day this week has random small drops available, though I wouldn't count on that still happening in a month. Usually best to check trends right before you go.
Can you please share where this graph came from?

We went to Disney in May and I used all of the tips from this thread to get everything we wanted when we wanted it! Thank you all so much! We are heading back in early September. Have there been any major strategy changes in the last few months? Can I still refresh in the 7:15-7:40 time frame to get the headliners?

We went to Disney in May and I used all of the tips from this thread to get everything we wanted when we wanted it! Thank you all so much! We are heading back in early September. Have there been any major strategy changes in the last few months? Can I still refresh in the 7:15-7:40 time frame to get the headliners?

I think things are in a state of flux right now. Keep checking back.

Depending on what changes they make on August 7 that’ll change strategies. Will certain rides go back to ILL or stay G+….that’ll make a huge difference.

A bit confused!

If I make my first reservation at 7… when can I do my second (if I don’t tap into my first earlier?)

Can I do it at 9 or is it 4 hours later at 11?

(This is for MK… park opens at 9 but I think we can get in at 8:30 because we are staying onsite?)

So 2 hours later is 9am but I’ve been reading some people mentioning it’s first 2 hours AFTER park opens (so 4 hours after my initial 7am selection???)

A bit confused!

If I make my first reservation at 7… when can I do my second (if I don’t tap into my first earlier?)

Can I do it at 9 or is it 4 hours later at 11?

(This is for MK… park opens at 9 but I think we can get in at 8:30 because we are staying onsite?)

So 2 hours later is 9am but I’ve been reading some people mentioning it’s first 2 hours AFTER park opens (so 4 hours after my initial 7am selection???)
It's 2 hours after the park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter