The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

How is this working? You cannot see the hour until the end of the booking process?

Regrading this post: With the recent changes to the tip board (not being able to see next available times between 7am and 7:30am) I'm wondering how that is affecting usage? Are people still seeing new/earlier times around 7:10am/7:12am? Just when you think you best understand the system it changes...

If you are able to see the time slot (at some point near the end of the booking process) can you cancel out of the booking transaction before it's completed?

Or do you have to complete the booking and if you don't like the time you received you then go cancel the reservation and try again from the beginning?

All tips/help welcome (help please!)... sanity check! Hoping I understand... does the plan below meet the requirements for when I'm allowed to book Genie+ rides... this plan assumes (with thrill-data research) that I'm guestimating the right available return times... goal is 4 parks one day (ending at Epcot - closes at 9 a.m.)...

6:30 a.m. - Buy Genie+
7 a.m. - Book FOP $ILL (2-3 p.m. - I get to pick the time, correct?)
7:05-7:15 a.m. - Book Remy Genie+ (trying for 7:30-8:30 p.m., seems like this about the right booking time)
10:30 a.m. (2 hrs after Epcot opens/where I made my first Genie+) - Book a Magic Kingdom Genie+ (Pirates or Buzz or whatever near by- will tap in and use before 12:30 p.m.)
12:30/12:35 p.m. - Book MMRR Genie+ (trying for 4:30-5:30 p.m., seems like this is about the right booking time)
2:35/2:40 p.m. - Book Genie + TBD (depending on where we are and what may be available nearby - will tap in and use before 4:30 p.m.)
Between 4:40 and 5:40 - Book Genie+ for Soarin' (trying for 6:30-7:30 p.m.)

Tentative Thoughts:
Rope Drop Magic Kingdom (Peter Pan, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin, Dole Whip, Buzz, People Mover, The Plaza - have reservation), Uber to AK
Animal Kingdom (Flights of Passage, Rum Blossom), Uber to HS
Hollywood Studios (MMRR), Skyliner to Epcot
Epcot (Soarin', Three Cab. Boat Ride, Impressions de France, Remy, Chef de France - have late reservation, walk long way around less crowded showcase when leaving)

We go on Sunday (8/7), so I was waiting for the Remy announcement.

Just looking at the updated Genie+ info an noticed you still say that Genie+ "length of stay" can be purchased with some resort packages. I thought this offer was gone and everyone no matter what had to buy day by day.
If this has already been asked and answered I apologize. thanks

I have a question that I'm sure has been asked and answered, but going through 200+ pages was getting tedious.

We are doing late afternoons/evenings in the parks in a couple of weeks. I have already pre-purchased Genie+ and plan to purchase ILL. My question is around booking order once I start using my stacked Genie+. Let's say I book Jungle Cruise for 7pm, at 7am (so first Genie+ of the day). I then book Space Mountain for 4pm, 2 hrs after park open. I continue booking stuff throughout the day as the 2hrs come and go, last G+ being booked at 3pm. At 4pm, I enter the park and swipe at SM. It's only been an hour since I booked my last G+, but I'm swiping at one of my bookings (not the first or last one I booked). Do I have to wait until 5pm to book another G+ (2 hrs) or can I book something else as soon as I swipe (less than 2 hrs).

This has continued to confuse me...

All tips/help welcome (help please!)... sanity check! Hoping I understand... does the plan below meet the requirements for when I'm allowed to book Genie+ rides... this plan assumes (with thrill-data research) that I'm guestimating the right available return times... goal is 4 parks one day (ending at Epcot - closes at 9 a.m.)...

6:30 a.m. - Buy Genie+
7 a.m. - Book FOP $ILL (2-3 p.m. - I get to pick the time, correct?)
7:05-7:15 a.m. - Book Remy Genie+ (trying for 7:30-8:30 p.m., seems like this about the right booking time)
10:30 a.m. (2 hrs after Epcot opens/where I made my first Genie+) - Book a Magic Kingdom Genie+ (Pirates or Buzz or whatever near by- will tap in and use before 12:30 p.m.)
12:30/12:35 p.m. - Book MMRR Genie+ (trying for 4:30-5:30 p.m., seems like this is about the right booking time)
2:35/2:40 p.m. - Book Genie + TBD (depending on where we are and what may be available nearby - will tap in and use before 4:30 p.m.)
Between 4:40 and 5:40 - Book Genie+ for Soarin' (trying for 6:30-7:30 p.m.)

Tentative Thoughts:
Rope Drop Magic Kingdom (Peter Pan, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin, Dole Whip, Buzz, People Mover, The Plaza - have reservation), Uber to AK
Animal Kingdom (Flights of Passage, Rum Blossom), Uber to HS
Hollywood Studios (MMRR), Skyliner to Epcot
Epcot (Soarin', Three Cab. Boat Ride, Impressions de France, Remy, Chef de France - have late reservation, walk long way around less crowded showcase when leaving)

We go on Sunday (8/7), so I was waiting for the Remy announcement.
At 7 am I would prioritize booking Genie+ because everyone is competing for passes.

You can’t park hop until 2 pm (Disney was thinking of adding park reservations for hopping btw).

Also budget extra time for walking to the front of the park and taking an Uber (took a good 30+ mins for us at Epcot).

Last edited:
Just looking at the updated Genie+ info an noticed you still say that Genie+ "length of stay" can be purchased with some resort packages. I thought this offer was gone and everyone no matter what had to buy day by day.
Sorry, where are you seeing 'length of stay'?

I have a question that I'm sure has been asked and answered, but going through 200+ pages was getting tedious.

We are doing late afternoons/evenings in the parks in a couple of weeks. I have already pre-purchased Genie+ and plan to purchase ILL. My question is around booking order once I start using my stacked Genie+. Let's say I book Jungle Cruise for 7pm, at 7am (so first Genie+ of the day). I then book Space Mountain for 4pm, 2 hrs after park open. I continue booking stuff throughout the day as the 2hrs come and go, last G+ being booked at 3pm. At 4pm, I enter the park and swipe at SM. It's only been an hour since I booked my last G+, but I'm swiping at one of my bookings (not the first or last one I booked). Do I have to wait until 5pm to book another G+ (2 hrs) or can I book something else as soon as I swipe (less than 2 hrs).

This has continued to confuse me...
At 7 am, not everything jumps into the late evenings. JC will be afternoon.

I believe you can book another pass after you use up the pass OR it’s been 120 mins since you’ve booked your last pass. So it’s advantageous to book the last pass before 5 pm and use it up.

I would caution that with spring break crowds even little mermaid had passes 2.5 hours away.

Be careful with cross crossing the park as well. We tried to minimize the runaround and still ended up walking over 8 miles a day.

Last edited:
At 7 am, not everything jumps into the late evenings. JC will be afternoon.

I believe you can book another pass after you use up the pass OR it’s been 120 mins since you’ve booked your last pass.
I know, I was just using the rides and times as examples. But I thought there was some rule around when you could book another pass after swiping one, depending on order they were booked.

I know, I was just using the rides and times as examples. But I thought there was some rule around when you could book another pass after swiping one, depending on order they were booked.
The 'Everything Genie' thread lists a lot of helpful information in the first posts that has been gathered from many people on these boards. It explains eligibility for booking additional LL reservations.

You are correct. You cannot add Genie+ to any tickets you purchase now. I believe the deadline to purchase Genie+ with your tickets was back in June. If you have not already purchased it, you can only buy Genie+ on a day-by-day basis now. The beginning posts in this thread are not being updated, unlike the Everything Genie thread.

The 'Everything Genie' thread lists a lot of helpful information in the first posts that has been gathered from many people on these boards. It explains eligibility for booking additional LL reservations.
Awesome, thank you! I knew it had to be somewhere. So I'm thinking my best bet would be to book the hard to get rides during the day and then us my 3pm booking (I'm assuming 7am, 11am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm - I know times will vary depending on park open times) for an easy to book ride, with as close to our planned arrival time as possible. That way we can keep booking rides that are available and using them while we also have the stacked rides. I know this is all subject to how fast the G+ rides book up, my mileage may vary. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!